What I Have Learned About Relocational Astrology

HoldOrFold

*** Updated 17/09/17 ***

I have since taken a locational astrology course by Moses Siregar III who is one the most experienced and dedicated relocational astrologers out there, on par with Julian Lee who I was originally studying from although Moses goes into more detail. The course consisted of about 20 hours of video classes. It's a great course (available here). I'd recommend it to anyone seriously interested in practicing locational astrology, although it's +$200, it's worth it to get into the many nuances, scenarios of various clients he's had and more refined techniques etc.

I've made some changes and updated this post to reflect some key points of what I've learned.

The Relocated Natal Chart is Primary

Julian Lee in particular emphasises that the relocated chart becomes the primary chart over the natal chart and goes so far as to say you throw away the natal chart and never look at it again after relocation. Moses, however, believes that the natal chart can still be activated after relocation. You must create a whole new chart for the location in question and study it as you would a normal natal chart.

House Rulers Are Very Important

They both make strong use of house rulers and says the condition of the house ruler by sign, house and aspects is as important as the planets occupying the house for determining the functioning of the house.

Non-Angular Houses Are Still Important

If you're in a place with Jupiter conjunct Midheaven but your 2nd house is a wreck, you will have problem with finances. If you have children but your relocated 5th house is suffering, then people often see difficulties in that area. If you're an author, having the midheaven ruler in the 3rd would be a good idea etc.

Multiple House Systems are Used For a Complete Picture

Moses emphasises the importance of using multiple house systems to get the most accurate results. He has found that Porphyry and Equal house are the most accurate and uses *both* sometimes mixed with Whole Sign to build a complete picture. He talks about Porphyry a bit in this article: http://www.astrologyforthesoul.com/porphyryhousesystems.html

Planets can have mixed influences in that it can be in one house in Porphyry and another in Equal, thus influencing both.

Note that any conjunction to an Equal house cusp is an aspect to the ascendant as well. For instance, a trine to the ascendant from a planet below the horizon is conjunct the 5th house cusp and above the horizon is conjunct the 9th house cusp. This allows you to translate the effect of aspects to the ascendant by looking at the activation of the house cusp in question.

Conjunctions to Any of The House Cusps Activates That House And Planet

If a planet is within about 3 degrees of a Porphyry or Equal house cusp, then that house will be strongly emphasised in the location. The tighter the orb, the stronger the influence. This can be any house cusp. If the planet is conjunct both the Porphyry and Equal house cusp then the influence is even stronger for that house and planet.

This is the strongest factor Moses has noticed influences a location, although all the other factors are still very important. Locations where no planet is near any house cusp tend to not have much going on either positively or negatively.

The Latitude of Planetary Crossings Influence That Entire Latitude Accross the Globe

These are called 'Parans', which is a horizontal line going across the entire latitude of the globe where two planetary lines intersect. A location within 1 degree latitude of a line is influenced by it, being stronger the closer you get. Moses will not recommend places with negative Parans and says you can have a great chart in a location but if it's on some particularly bad Parans then he will not use it. But he also says that a positive chart will help bring out the more positive manifestations of mid-range difficulty Parans.

Astrocartography / Line-Maps Are Fundamentally Flawed

They only show conjunctions to the angles and don't take into consideration all the other chart factors. Sometimes moving to say a Jupiter line would be a bad idea due to other chart factors. There could, and most of the time is, much better places in 'empty spaces' on the map which don't have any lines. These places might have much better conditions in the chart.

When Astrocartography was devised, Michel Gauquelin was studying conjunctions to angles and this was big news at the time. Around this time astrologers were focusing on these conjunctions to angles and ignoring other chart factors due to the nature of Gauquelin's research. So Jim Lewis made Astrocartography to focus on the conjunctions which was fashionable at the time and also because mapping all the other chart factors would create a map which was impossible to read as every bit of space would have some line on it.

But through studying thousands of relocations, Julien Lee had concluded early on that the fully relocated chart is far more important than just angular conjunctions.

Semi-Sextiles and Quincunxes are Major Aspects

From studying so many charts, Julian Lee has found that the most difficult aspect is the Quincunx (even more difficult than opposition and squares). He has also found that the semi-sextile is neither a minor nor a harmonious aspect and he considers it another major hard aspect. The signs in both these aspects have nothing to do with eachother yet they are tied together in these aspects. He suggets reading interpretations of them like a square and 'twisting them around' a few times.

Transits and Progressions are Extremely Important

Moving to say a strong Venus area, for instance, would be detrimental if your natal Venus is undergoing a longterm hard aspect from progressed Saturn. Transits / progressions are extremely important in determining a location. Sometimes a place which would usually be negative would actual yield positive experiences if positive transits are happening to those planets / houses and vice-versa.

Julian Lee makes use of this more than Moses, although they both consider transits.

Relationship Areas

He often gets new female clients who have studied an astrocartography map, moved to their Venus Descendant line but haven't been attracting relationships. The first question he asks them is if they suddenly have lots of attractive female friends, to which they say yes. This is because this area attracts women, but for a women to attract men she wants to be in a Mars/7th or Jupiter/7th area.

He also says that the condition of the 7th house is primary for relationships. You could have a weak natal Venus and that won't matter much at all if your relocated 7th is strong in terms of occupying planets or house ruler.

Refs

- Julian Lee's website
- Moses Siregar III's website

Last edited:

Jlynn

Premium Member
I agree, concerning Julian Lee... He has years of experience, when it comes to relocation astrology. I recently purchased a "One Good Location" reading from him. He actually gave me two. Told me the best time travel (visit) there... more or less to see if I like the area. The only downside: I have no information, as to the move date. I email and called, but still no return answer to my question. He must be overbooked or something. Timing is important, because I have to make difficult living and business arrangements prior to leaving. I think my birthday would have been a good choice, with the starting of my solar year, but it just recently passed. Hope I don't have to wait until next year. If anyone knows of a good astrologer who can assist me with a moving date, please inbox me with a price quote for your services.... :biggrin:

chiamaria

My family and I moved from my country of birth when I was 1.5 years old. In that country, my Ascendant was Virgo. We stayed in another place for 11 months in the interim (which changed my Ascendant to Leo) before finally moving to the other side of the world and settling there when I was 2.5, which is where I grew up. In this place, my Ascendant was in Capricorn, and I lived there right up until my first Saturn return before finally moving to the other side of the world again.

I've been placing more and more weight on my relocation chart the more I've studied it (I just learned about it for the first time last year), particularly since I moved at such a young age when my personality barely even started to develop. It is, after all, the chart that I have vibed with for more than 90% of my life. If I'm to be honest, I have read the descriptions of both Virgo and Capricorn ascendants, and both seem to fit me, but it's hard to say which one I am seeing as both are Earth signs and therefore just have similar energies that way. However, my life theme is that of a late bloomer. I've been a late bloomer in almost every single aspect in my life, and if I take Capricorn from my relocation chart as my real Ascendant, then that would make Saturn my chart ruler, and if so, then it could explain the late bloomer aspect. In fact, it wasn't until my first Saturn return (which I'm still sort of going through) that I really started coming into my own, feeling more confident and in control than ever before in my life.

Additionally, when I studied some transits to my relocation chart, there were some that just blew my mind and explained exactly what was going on in my life at the time those transits happened. These same transits, when observed in my natal chart, didn't really adequately explain the events.

As an example, Pluto transiting my Capricorn ascendant. At first I didn't think much of it, but when I decided to read about Pluto's effects when crossing the ascendant, they freakishly aligned with some things that I had done or gone through at that time. At first I just put it down to my Saturn return changing me because I was going through this important transit at around the same time too, but if I'm to be honest, I think Pluto explained some things that Saturn return alone may not have, and Pluto's effects, dare I say, may have been even more profound. For instance, I basically had a total makeover where suddenly I was dressing up and wearing make up all the time, I started feeling more power, being more pro-active, overcoming some OCD problems that I had, and also, when Pluto crossed my Capricorn ASC exact last year, I decided to relocate abroad because I felt stifled where I was living. Curiously enough, even though I didn't know it yet, at the time when Pluto crossed my ascendant, I also had a stellium in my 9th house with transit Venus, North node, Mercury and Jupiter (which conjuncted my natal Venus exact, and my natal Venus is conjunct my MC in my relocated chart). When I studied that stellium later on, I was in awe. This sudden desire to relocate couldn't quite be explained by my natal chart.

Not only that, but I read somewhere that, about 18-24 months before Pluto hits your Ascendant exact for the first time, a person can start feeling real depression and struggle in life, and actually this was true in my case. In the 18 month period leading up to the exact conjunction, I was struggling with getting rid of someone who I knew was poison for me, but couldn't get the strength to do it. There were many times where I felt like death, and I was ashamed and embarrassed of the person that I became.

Additionally, there was another transit that could be explained by my relocation chart but not my natal. When I got my first professional job, Saturn had started transiting my relocation 10th house. During those 2 years, I really grew to hate my job and question why I was doing it, and I tried that whole time to find a job elsewhere and was just having no luck. Towards the end of this transit there was a job that I nearly got, but my then manager, whom I despised, was too close to the company who wanted to hire me, so due to conflicts of interest, they had to go with someone else. However, a couple of months after Saturn officially left the 10th house, I managed to score that same job due to my manager leaving (and the person they hired in place of me was performing very badly, so they sacked her), and I was much happier in that new job.

I do wonder, though, if you have your Sun in, say, 2nd house in your natal chart, but then you permanently move to another place that would put your Sun in the 5th house, would you then be considered to have the personality of a Sun in 5th house person? Or would you still have the personality of a Sun in 2nd house, but just be sensitive to transits that happen to your Sun in the 5th house in your relocated chart? This part I'm still grappling with.

Also, does it matter what age you move? For instance, would a relocation chart have a stronger effect if you moved when you were a baby and lived in your relocated place for 30 years than if you moved when you were 50 and stayed in your relocated place for 30 years?

Last edited:

HoldOrFold

That was very interesting, Chiamaria, thanks for sharing! I was recently talking to someone who also had Pluto transiting their relocated Ascendant and they were also undergoing some very profound changes themselves.

I, myself, can certainly attest to the function of the relocated chart in my personal life as well. In addition to Venus and Sun in the 4th, my relocated 2nd house is ruled by Jupiter with Jupiter also in the 2nd house. Jupiter has a very tight sextile with my Moon which is conjunct the relocated I.C. Here, I have been very fortunate with property, I actually inherited a property when transiting North Node conjunct my Jupiter and sextiled Moon+I.C.. My Moon rules the relocated 8th (inheritence) as well. I have since been able to rent it out and have made considerably income on the side. None of this is explained by the natal chart, where Jupiter is in the 5th ruling 5th and Moon in the 7th ruling 12th.

I do wonder, though, if you have your Sun in, say, 2nd house in your natal chart, but then you permanently move to another place that would put your Sun in the 5th house, would you then be considered to have the personality of a Sun in 5th house person? Or would you still have the personality of a Sun in 2nd house, but just be sensitive to transits that happen to your Sun in the 5th house in your relocated chart? This part I'm still grappling with.

In my opinion, the personality is primarily governed by the planets in the signs+aspects and then channeled and emphasised/de-emphasised by the angles/houses/rulerships. So some areas can really bring elements out of your personality as well as introducing additional elements.

Julian Lee has observed that people's personalities do change in different locations, here's a quote from his Q&A material:

Julian Lee; said:
My astrological observation has convinced me the individual ego is a malleable, changing thing. It appears to reconstruct itself in different locations upon acquiring a new locational rising sign.

Relocated natal charts reveal the ego to be like an inert object, subject to laws of space/time. Change the time, the ego alters itself; becomes different. Change the space, same thing. In different locations, with changes of Rising Sign, the interests and goals of an individual do change. Additionally, his personality traits change to match the new rising sign.
http://julianlee.com/Julian_Lee_Q_and_A.html

Also, does it matter what age you move? For instance, would a relocation chart have a stronger effect if you moved when you were a baby and lived in your relocated place for 30 years than if you moved when you were 50 and stayed in your relocated place for 30 years?

It seems the chart is active instantly in a particular location, in terms of your perceptions of the location, events and to a large extent, how people react to you as well. There are several reports of people having only short visits to certain areas, where say Pluto and Saturn are particularly active, and having very poor experiences with both their perception of the location, how people react to them and also events that occur during their stay.

It seems the internal personality change occurs more slowly over a longer period of time. Also, perhaps more meaningful and life changing events would require a longer stay in the location.

chiamaria

Thanks for that HoldOrFold! It's interesting what mere relocation can do for you, and in some ways it even feels liberating to know that I can change and maybe even evolve my personality like that. However, I'd like to think that no chart that we've ever lived completely leaves us, even if we permanently leave that place for another one far away, because it's still a part of our identity, and it did, after all, spend years helping to create and develop our personality, which, accordingly, affects the way we react to our environment going forth.

I, myself, can certainly attest to the function of the relocated chart in my personal life as well. In addition to Venus and Sun in the 4th, my relocated 2nd house is ruled by Jupiter with Jupiter also in the 2nd house. Jupiter has a very tight sextile with my Moon which is conjunct the relocated I.C. Here, I have been very fortunate with property, I actually inherited a property when transiting North Node conjunct my Jupiter and sextiled Moon+I.C.. My Moon rules the relocated 8th (inheritence) as well. I have since been able to rent it out and have made considerably income on the side. None of this is explained by the natal chart, where Jupiter is in the 5th ruling 5th and Moon in the 7th ruling 12th.

That's really interesting! And that does make a lot of sense!

In my birth chart, my Sun's in the 11th house, and I've never resonated with the descriptions of Sun in that house, even before I started reading up on relocated astrology (so it's not like it was confirmation bias thing or anything, I just genuinely couldn't resonate). However, in my relocated chart, Sun was moved to the 8th house (and rules my 8th house too, I'm a Leo), and I find that the Sun in 8th house descriptions kind of apply to me more. Maybe not completely, but there's some semblance. For instance, it may explain why I'm so into trying to figure out what comes after death, and I've also discussed with friends a potential way to try and prove the existence of reincarnation once and for all because I'm so addicted to that topic. I also do generally have a forgiving nature, but if someone wrongs me and never tries to make up for it or apologise, then I tend to hold on to the grudge for a very long time and I never forget. Also, I find that I grieve the end of relationships too intensely and for too long for someone with their Sun in 11th, which is a relatively detached and impersonal house. I get too attached and I can't just up and leave a relationship like that. I have to give it my all over and over before I can say "Ok I'm really done here, goodbye". I can really dwell on things and find it hard to let go. Additionally, in my relocated chart, I have Uranus, Neptune and Mars in the 12th house, with Mars conjunct my ASC. Talk about water heavy hey?? I'm still trying to figure out what they do there. In my birth chart, my 8th and 12th houses are empty, but my 4th house is occupied.

Another thing that I noticed in my relo chart is Saturn in 11th. It would explain why oftentimes I was a recluse and would turn down offers to go to parties. I really didn't like meeting new people (and still don't). I was also rather unpopular throughout primary school and a bit of high school and would get shunned. I had also noticed that, during my childhood/teen years, on more than one occasion, I could make friends with someone and we'd become extremely close fast and be real buddy buddy. Then suddenly they'd go cold on me, leaving me to scratch my head and go "wtf??" And I know I didn't do anything wrong or say anything to offend them. They just suddenly no longer liked me. Maybe Saturn in 11th house could explain that. Also, Pluto is in the 11th house AND rules my 11th house too. I sometimes felt a bit like a loner. In my birth chart, Pluto is in my 2nd house and Saturn is in my 3rd.

Curiously enough, in my new location, the Sun and Mercury have been moved to my 12th house, and I have started trying to meditate and connect to the astral plane. Hmmm.... I've never done this before I came here. Also, I met two people here who are very into spirituality and want to help me connect to the spiritual plane.

My new ascendant is now Leo, but I still feel more like a Capricorn ascendant, so I don't think my old relocation chart has worn off on me, and why should it? I've spent 28 years living that chart. However, it would be interesting to see if I start becoming more of a Leo ascendant over time.

In my opinion, the personality is primarily governed by the planets in the signs+aspects and then channeled and emphasised/de-emphasised by the angles/houses/rulerships. So some areas can really bring elements out of your personality as well as introducing additional elements.

Julian Lee has observed that people's personalities do change in different locations, here's a quote from his Q&A material:

http://julianlee.com/Julian_Lee_Q_and_A.html

Yeah I was reading Julian Lee's interviews (I got it from one of the other threads that you responded to) and he has a very interesting way of explaining things. And just like with Julian, it's also never made sense to me the concept of reading your relocation chart in conjunction with your natal and the whole "secondary" chart idea. If you experienced things due to transits occurring in your relocated chart, those experiences are not phantom secondary experiences, they're just as solid and real as they would have been even if it happened in your natal. My moving to the other side of the world wasn't a phantom experience.... IT HAPPENED.

EDIT: Actually, years ago, I was talking to one guy who tried to guess my sign, and he thought that I was a Scorpio. Back then I obviously thought he couldn't be further from the truth as I'm a Leo (this was way before I started studying charts or anything), but maybe he wasn't so wrong after all....

Last edited:

HoldOrFold

Another thing that I noticed in my relo chart is Saturn in 11th. It would explain why oftentimes I was a recluse and would turn down offers to go to parties. I really didn't like meeting new people (and still don't). I was also rather unpopular throughout primary school and a bit of high school and would get shunned. I had also noticed that, during my childhood/teen years, on more than one occasion, I could make friends with someone and we'd become extremely close fast and be real buddy buddy. Then suddenly they'd go cold on me, leaving me to scratch my head and go "wtf??" And I know I didn't do anything wrong or say anything to offend them. They just suddenly no longer liked me. Maybe Saturn in 11th house could explain that. Also, Pluto is in the 11th house AND rules my 11th house too. I sometimes felt a bit like a loner. In my birth chart, Pluto is in my 2nd house and Saturn is in my 3rd.

My nephew also has Saturn in the 11th house and he's had very similar struggles in that area. If you have a Capricorn ascendant, Saturn is the ruler and in the 11th so that dynamic would be emphasized as well.

I have Pluto in the 11th too but without Saturn there. For me it seems to manifest friends who always seem to have connections to the shadier sides of life, and also having intense experiences with them. I'm quite fond of this placement actually, but I definitely value my independence and feel I shouldn't rely on anyone too much.

Curiously enough, in my new location, the Sun and Mercury have been moved to my 12th house, and I have started trying to meditate and connect to the astral plane. Hmmm.... I've never done this before I came here. Also, I met two people here who are very into spirituality and want to help me connect to the spiritual plane.

My new ascendant is now Leo, but I still feel more like a Capricorn ascendant, so I don't think my old relocation chart has worn off on me, and why should it? I've spent 28 years living that chart. However, it would be interesting to see if I start becoming more of a Leo ascendant over time.

If your Sun is in the relocated 1st house as well, I'm sure you will feel that after awhile. It can take some time for the internal changes to manifest.

I was born a Leo ascendant with Sun square Jupiter in Canada and moved to the UK at 13 and became a Scorpio ascendant with Pluto 11th and Mars in the 1st. For the first year or so, I was very open and naive about things, coming from a small town so I trusted everyone, but moved to a big city. We never used to have fights in my old school, but in this new school, a boys school, there were fights every day and it was pretty rough. I seemed to have internally transformed into my new ascendant over time after being taught many lessons, it seems to have taken several years.

Yeah I was reading Julian Lee's interviews (I got it from one of the other threads that you responded to) and he has a very interesting way of explaining things. And just like with Julian, it's also never made sense to me the concept of reading your relocation chart in conjunction with your natal and the whole "secondary" chart idea. If you experienced things due to transits occurring in your relocated chart, those experiences are not phantom secondary experiences, they're just as solid and real as they would have been even if it happened in your natal. My moving to the other side of the world wasn't a phantom experience.... IT HAPPENED.

EDIT: Actually, years ago, I was talking to one guy who tried to guess my sign, and he thought that I was a Scorpio. Back then I obviously thought he couldn't be further from the truth as I'm a Leo (this was way before I started studying charts or anything), but maybe he wasn't so wrong after all....

Yeah, I keep on going on about Julian Lee because he seems to be the only astrologer dedicated to relocational astrology out there and because he has so much experience with it. It's a fairly new field and under studied, so someone with a lot of hands on experience with this is essential to figure out what works.

HoldOrFold

Aren't astrocartography planet lines more influential than the chart or both act in synergy? I sure don't want to leave Urope as everyone says my chart is terrible but my childhood was perfectly normal?!

The lines show conjunctions to angles which are strong effects, albeit only a small part of the whole picture. You're a testament for this as you have mentioned previously your negative experiences under what would normally be considered positive lines.

Your chart isn't terrible. I don't think any chart is terrible actually, but I think you're manifesting the lower end of the placements.

Also can our experience be different for a place based on other factors like past lives, or DNA (the call of blood) etc? I swear, Bratislava and Vienna are about 25-30 miles apart and my charts are very similar, same positions and yet in one I just felt nothing when I visited it for the first time, yet I felt calm, serene and feelings of being back home in Vienna. Bot are affected by my Moon line.

Yes, this was particularly interesting. Apart from the tightening of the in-conjunctions to the ascendant the only difference seemed to be aspects to the vertex, but I'm not sure how much of an effect the latter has. Something else to study is the transits you had during the time you lived in the various locations, that can change things like night-and-day.

Another interesting possibility is synastry between your chart and the country's chart. This isn't something Julian Lee uses and it introduces another layer of complexity which is quite tedious, but it might be worth looking at to see if it has an effect.

Jlynn

Premium Member
Update: Julian Lee did return my call a couple of weeks after this last post. Gave me a move date, and the best time to look for housing. Later, he sent our phone convo in an email for future reference. So far, I'm pretty much happy with his advice. Thank you #HoldOrFold for your much valued advice also. I will let you know what happens... Hopefully all goes well... Been having health issues.

I agree, concerning Julian Lee... He has years of experience, when it comes to relocation astrology. I recently purchased a "One Good Location" reading from him. He actually gave me two. Told me the best time travel (visit) there... more or less to see if I like the area. The only downside: I have no information, as to the move date. I email and called, but still no return answer to my question. He must be overbooked or something. Timing is important, because I have to make difficult living and business arrangements prior to leaving. I think my birthday would have been a good choice, with the starting of my solar year, but it just recently passed. Hope I don't have to wait until next year. If anyone knows of a good astrologer who can assist me with a moving date, please inbox me with a price quote for your services.... :biggrin:

Last edited:

HoldOrFold

Update: Julia Lee did return my call a couple of weeks after this last post. Gave me a move date, and the best time to look for housing. Later, he sent our phone convo in an email for future reference. So far, I'm pretty much happy with his advice. Thank you #HoldOrFold for your much valued advice also. I will let you know what happens... Hopefully all goes well... Been having health issues.

Fantastic glad to hear it, Julian can take time to return calls sometimes because he's often quite busy, but he usually always does.

Out of curiosity, what dates did he give you in the end? Would be interesting to see what transits he went for.

Jlynn

Premium Member
He said that when I go for my visit in Sept, he was ok with the idea if I decided to stay... He was not against it. The recommended move date: November 02, 2017. Looking for property: Sept 21, 2017, Sept 26, Oct 01, Oct 05... all in the afternoon. As for the transit... he just said I was having some lucky ones at that time... I guess I should have asked, but I really didn't think to. Any idea what the lucky transit is? I don't know which chart I should look at... they both appear promising for travel and transactions...

Fantastic glad to hear it, Julian can take time to return calls sometimes because he's often quite busy, but he usually always does.

Out of curiosity, what dates did he give you in the end? Would be interesting to see what transits he went for.

Last edited:

HoldOrFold

He said that when I go for my visit in Sept, he was ok with the idea if I decided to stay... He was not against it. The recommended move date: November 02, 2017. Looking for property: Sept 21, 2017, Sept 26, Oct 01, Oct 05... all in the afternoon. As for the transit... he just said I was having some lucky ones at that time... I guess I should have asked, but I really didn't think to. Any idea what the lucky transit is? I don't know which chart I should look at... they both appear promising for travel and transactions...

Thanks, that's interesting. It seems for the looking for property dates, he's recommended dates where the transiting Moon will be either be aspecting your natal Jupiter by trine, sextile or opposition and avoids dates with squares and quincunxes.

As for November 02 2017, there's a separating Venus trine Jupiter and Moon sextile Jupiter. Perhaps he also wanted to give you some time to settle in before the Sun conjoins the MC.

HoldOrFold

I've just updated the original post and made some changes to reflect some new things I've learned by taking a relocational astrology course.

Christian09

What do they say about intercepted signs in houses? How do rulerships work in those situations? So say:uranus: is squaring :mars: by P2 and :aries: is intercepted in 2nd house?

Thanks

HoldOrFold

Hi, I had a session with Julian a couple of years ago and he discussed a progression to my natal Saturn and mentioned that it will affect my financial situation because I've got Capricorn in my 2nd. It's intercepted in the 2nd though and I mentioned this to him and he replied that "it has to land somewhere", implying that the planet ruling the intercepted sign will affect the house the sign it rules is intercepted in.

Moses uses a combination of 3 house systems: porphyry, equal and whole and you don't get interceptions in whole or equal so you would just refer to those in terms of interceptions.

So with that example you mention, I'd see the whole sign house of Aries being affected by the Uranus/Mars transit.

Christian09

Hi, I had a session with Julian a couple of years ago and he discussed a progression to my natal Saturn and mentioned that it will affect my financial situation because I've got Capricorn in my 2nd. It's intercepted in the 2nd though and I mentioned this to him and he replied that "it has to land somewhere", implying that the planet ruling the intercepted sign will affect the house the sign it rules is intercepted in.

Moses uses a combination of 3 house systems: porphyry, equal and whole and you don't get interceptions in whole or equal so you would just refer to those in terms of interceptions.

So with that example you mention, I'd see the whole sign house of Aries being affected by the Uranus/Mars transit.

Thanks,
That would have been my guess,but I never confirmed it with Julian when we spoke.
Do you find that whole signs work better than other house systems? It would certainly be easier I would think, but accuracy trumps all

HoldOrFold

Thanks,
That would have been my guess,but I never confirmed it with Julian when we spoke.
Do you find that whole signs work better than other house systems? It would certainly be easier I would think, but accuracy trumps all

I wouldn't say it's better, but the 3 core house systems definitely all work. I would use porphyry over placcidus btw for the quadrant based house system and then also refer to whole and equal.

You can feel whole signs predominantly when a transiting planet enters a new sign, there's a shift that happens and it's reflected in the whole sign house in your chart. It also makes a lot of sense, in a simple way, when you think about it. The planet has entered a new sign and there's a slight global shift. And of course this shift must also affect you and your chart in some way, it does so simply by entering a new whole sign house.

A sensitive point in the whole sign house, a point where the effects of that house are amplified, is the equal house cusp, i.e. the degree of your Ascendant in the whole sign house. So if you're Ascendant is at 10 degrees then the sensitive/amplification degree of every house is 10 degrees of that house. So let's say transiting Mars enters your 3rd whole sign house, you'll feel a background influence. Maybe you're a bit more edgy when walking around town. But then it reaches 10 degrees and you get into an argument with someone that day or someone bumps into your car while you're driving etc.

And then there's a similar thing with the cusps of the quadrant house system, i.e. porphyry. But it's a bit different because sometimes the house cusp is in a different whole sign house or you get interceptions etc. This is because a quadrant based system also uses the MC degree to subdivide the houses in combination with the Ascendant degree. Porphyry does this in the most simple and elegant way.

So there's 3 layers of things going on with the houses and planets can have a mixed influence across multiple houses or be particularly strong in a house if in the same system across the 3 systems, or if they're conjunct a cusp in either equal or porphyry.

Most astrologers just use one house system, but if you take a step back and notice that thousands are getting great results with whole and thousands are getting great results with equal and thousands are getting great results with quadrant, then it must logically imply that each system is working on a level. That's what Moses has done and he's been using the 3 house systems with his clients and had enough of them to observe the results and determine that these house systems work.

The main thing to observe is conjunctions to the house cusps though, you'll notice some interesting things when you look out for this since they're points of amplification.

Last edited:

Christian09

Lastly,

The mention of WSH got me wondering if Moses uses traditional or modern Rulerships? I know Julian uses Modern w really good results

Thanks!

HoldOrFold

Hi Pabloes, the paran lines are horizontal lines accross the globe at the same latitude as the crossing. So they don't have to be in the exact place of the crossing, they can even be on the other side of the world as long as it's the same latitude.

Could explain why some places nearby very good lines feel a bit off to me while others feel fantastic

They're only one factor of many other factors, there would be other stuff going on. Perhaps a planet in these locations is conjunct one of the house cusps like the 12th or something like that. You would have to check the chart.

I however don't think the relocation chart matters. We only have one chart, our birth one imo.

Julian Lee has been doing only relocation astrology for 20+ years and has dealt with 20,000+ case studies. From all those years and experience he has discovered not only that the relocation chart is real and important, but he goes as far to say that it becomes your primary chart. When someone has done 20 years and 20,000 cases in a particular field, I humbly take their knowledge as quite precious. It's rare to have someone so dedicated in a specialist field like that in astrology and I believe that level of experience deserves a certain level of respect actually.

As I don't want to hijack your thread, can I PM you about some countries/areas to ask which ones should I consider or drop? I'm deciding on focusing and learning specific languages so I have to know. Thanks!

Sure, drop me a PM, please include your birth data, experiences you have in your natal location and details of any other places you lived and a list of the cities you're considering!

HoldOrFold

I've got numerous times been told that with an afflicted by Saturn Venus I must avoid Venus lines. However, in my experience the house and sign is more important than any natal aspects to that planet.

Case in point is my Paris visit. I've a small Venus/AS line there and I fell in love with the place, felt lighter and I felt like I am home. With a Venus/Saturn such an effect should not be noticed but it was. In fact it felt like the Venus line empowered the weakened Venus.

And the opposite case: Jupiter is in Gemini nataly for me, so in its fall. And living on my Jupiter line is not that good actually. It has very good aspects to other planets.

Yeah, that's interesting. Hard aspects can work particularly well when there's reception going on, especially mutual reception. Like a Venus in Aquarius square Saturn in Taurus, that's a mutual reception and the planets would support eachother strongly. I'd also look at their sign placement in the vedic chart to see what's going on.