How to handle planets in detriment?

tetka

Re: Bucket chart, to Tanja

Hello again
I have a natal chart of my friend in front of me and since I am beginner in astrology, I am not sure how to explain this situation:
Sun in Libra
Venus in Scorpio
Mars in Libra
Jupiter in Gemini (but also in 1 house)
Saturn in Leo
I mean they are all detriment.
Good is she has Marcury in Virgo and Uran in Scorpio.

I am confused, what can I say for so many planets in detriments?
I can certainly find good things in her natal chart, but I just wonder about this detriments.
Thanks in advance
tetka

tetka

Re: how do you see Saturn in my natal card

Thank you so much for your explanation SR.
This changed my point of view at detriments.
A guess a know too little for astrology, still …. heh
tetka

Culpeper

Premium Member
Planets in detriment are weaker and may have an unfavorable influence in a chart. However, there are __receptions__ in this chart which help the planets. Venus and Mars are in each others domiciles; these planets are friends; and this should be helpful.

Sun and Saturn also have a reception though not as strong. Jupiter is in the first house, and although I do not know its degree, it may be in favorable terms. It is also helpful if the planets involved have an aspect which can be by sign. That is they should be able to see each other.

What appears unfavorable in this chart may be very good.

Ebenia

I have a friend with Venus in Scorpio (and Moon in Capricorn) and the problem with this placement is that she needs and seeks so much love and caring in relationships and she needs so much attenttion and care, that she can cause people to fly away from her, cause she is so demanding. She does not even give a chance for relationships with guys who are interestied in her, cause she needs so much from early on, that she does not give a chance to anyone (cause usually they did not even have the time to show their caring). She also does not really understand, that you can love without wanting anything back. She can get very possessive and if you sometimes do not have time for her, she goes into herself and regrets that she never was your friend in the first place and never forgets....

So I definately see the problems with detriment planets here and I think you need to closely think what those planets mean and why they are in detriment...

For example, I have Mercury in Capricorn and I don't see it as bad as it can be seen, but it tells me that I have had problems in my early childhood to tell my family what I really feel.