Impact Of Nov. 13 Solar Eclipse?

Zuri

I read that there's a solar eclipse on November 13 that will be at 21°57 Scorpio. According to the Cafe Astrology website, this eclipse will most affect people "born with personal planets and points at approximately 17 to 27 degrees of the Fixed signs (Taurus, Leo, Scorpio, and Aquarius)".

Thus, this solar eclipse will affect my natal retrograde Venus (one of my personal planets) at 24°53 Scorpio, and my natal retrograde Saturn at 20°33 Taurus. Should I be worried about this eclipse, because of its contact with my natal, afflicted retrogrades? The solar eclipse opposite my natal Saturn in particular concerns me, because I read that it means hardships (not more struggles!) ahead?

Also, are cusp points counted for solar eclipse effects? If so, then this eclipse would affect my 5th House of Pleasure (21°49 Taurus) and my 11th House of Friendships (21°49 Scorpio).

How long do the effects of solar eclipse last on one's natal chart?

ozfpE81351350766.jpg

Last edited:

Puregenius

I read that there's a solar eclipse on November 13 that will be at 21°57 Scorpio. According to the Cafe Astrology website, this eclipse will most affect people "born with personal planets and points at approximately 17 to 27 degrees of the Fixed signs (Taurus, Leo, Scorpio, and Aquarius)".

Thus, this solar eclipse will affect my natal retrograde Venus (one of my personal planets) at 24°53 Scorpio, and my natal retrograde Saturn at 20°33 Taurus. Should I be worried about this eclipse, because of its contact with my natal, afflicted retrogrades? The solar eclipse opposite my natal Saturn in particular concerns me, because I read that it means hardships (not more struggles!) ahead?

Also, are cusp points counted for solar eclipse effects? If so, then this eclipse would affect my 5th House of Pleasure (21°49 Taurus) and my 11th House of Friendships (21°49 Scorpio).

How long do the effects of solar eclipse last on one's natal chart?

Zuri+11-3+Solar+Eclipse+Chart.gif

Thanks for this! That means it will activate my YOD. YIKES. :andy:

!4C

I follow the general rule of 1-2 degree orb and only consider conjunctions and oppositions to personal points, which include the angles (AC/DC/MC/IC).

I look at the new moon chart to determine the meaning on a mundane level and compare that to an analysis of the natal with transits at the time of the eclipse.

It helps to follow all the lunations surrounding the event, but especially look at the lunar eclipse 2 weeks before and/or after to see how it all ties together. One might describe surprise event and the other might describe the required response, and visa versa.

I also consider the opposing eclipse 6 months before or after. In this case it would be May 9, 2013. I've heard that most events related to the eclipse will happen between these two eclipse dates. I can't confirm that. I do know that it requires some type of inner planet activator to cross over the eclipse point within the effective period. For solar I use 6 months before and 2 years after, and for lunar about 3 months before and 6 months after. I don't have clue on the actual limits, so I try to compromise. If nothing happens, then nothing happens.

Zuri

I follow the general rule of 1-2 degree orb and only consider conjunctions and oppositions to personal points, which include the angles (AC/DC/MC/IC).

I look at the new moon chart to determine the meaning on a mundane level and compare that to an analysis of the natal with transits at the time of the eclipse.

It helps to follow all the lunations surrounding the event, but especially look at the lunar eclipse 2 weeks before and/or after to see how it all ties together. One might describe surprise event and the other might describe the required response, and visa versa.

I also consider the opposing eclipse 6 months before or after. In this case it would be May 9, 2013. I've heard that most events related to the eclipse will happen between these two eclipse dates. I can't confirm that. I do know that it requires some type of inner planet activator to cross over the eclipse point within the effective period. For solar I use 6 months before and 2 years after, and for lunar about 3 months before and 6 months after. I don't have clue on the actual limits, so I try to compromise. If nothing happens, then nothing happens.

Thanks for your response! So then I shouldn't worry about the transiting Sun in Scorpio that will oppose my natal retrograde Saturn in Taurus in the 5th House (the opposition is at a 0°27 orb) because Saturn isn't a personal planet?

However, I should look for something to happen to my natal Venus? Transiting True Node in Scorpio will conjunct my natal Venus in Scorpio (at a 1°10 orb) in the 11th House on the day of the solar eclipse. Perhaps something in relation to my social change-related career, since it involves the True Node (life's destiny)?

PisceanPallas

Account Closed

My NN is Scorpio 21°45', so almost exactly conjunct this Eclipse...
I wonder how this would be felt? Does anyone have any experience with this?

!4C

So then I shouldn't worry about the transiting Sun in Scorpio that will oppose my natal retrograde Saturn in Taurus in the 5th House (the opposition is at a 0°27 orb) because Saturn isn't a personal planet?
I would consider outer planets in the natal chart the be personal when referenced to the housing system. In your case, saturn is the ascendant ruler and handle to a sling pattern, so it is very important.

However, I should look for something to happen to my natal Venus? Transiting True Node in Scorpio will conjunct my natal Venus in Scorpio (at a 1°10 orb) in the 11th House on the day of the solar eclipse. Perhaps something in relation to my social change-related career, since it involves the True Node (life's destiny)?
Yeah, I would consider a possible connection to the eclipse. You would still want to watch all the transits involved with your venus over the duration of this node transit. I would look back ~16 years ago to see what happened then when the node crossed over your natal venus. It won't be the same this time, but it could have a similar theme.

Horus

Hi Zuri,

I have Scorpion Venus Rx at 22° opp. Saturn Rx too (having been born about a week after yourself) so I've dealt with the same kind of karma.

Eclipses are associated with Scorpio (or so I've read somewhere) so I'll be interested to see what happens as well, and will report back here if anything significant does. ~H

Last edited:

!4C

Ah, yes! Do you have have any feelings on what this means?
You were born a week after me. The eclipse and lunar node return over the coming months should mark a new phase of life with a 9th house theme. How do you relate to the scorpio north node in 9th house? There is a linkage to 8th house that ends with venus.

For me, it seems the scorpio north node has been about sharing resources and being resourceful. Many of my buying decisions are influenced by the items potential usefulness to friends and family. Some things would be a waste to have all to myself. I like to see how far I can extend the useful life of things. Opposed to taurus, which is more about spending money on the good life. I definitely don't have an eye for the "finer" things. In fact, I have an intolerance to superficial spending. Of course, I have scorpio sun so it comes easy.

PisceanPallas

Account Closed
You were born a week after me. The eclipse and lunar node return over the coming months should mark a new phase of life with a 9th house theme. How do you relate to the scorpio north node in 9th house? There is a linkage to 8th house that ends with venus.

For me, I feel it most in my need for expansion in all areas...the need to break away from my comfort zone. I feel a constant desire to learn and experience things. I have been feeling this need to break free of my comfort zone for some time, and it seems to have reached this breaking point, in many ways.
This ties in with my Sun in Sag in the 9th house, which insists on "moving"...travelling and expanding my mind...
I have some difficulty linking NN in Scorpio to the 9th house though?

What do you mean by this linkage to the 8th house that ends with Venus?

For me, it seems the scorpio north node has been about sharing resources and being resourceful. Many of my buying decisions are influenced by the items potential usefulness to friends and family. Some things would be a waste to have all to myself. I like to see how far I can extend the useful life of things. Opposed to taurus, which is more about spending money on the good life. I definitely don't have an eye for the "finer" things. In fact, I have an intolerance to superficial spending. Of course, I have scorpio sun so it comes easy.

I also do not go for superficial spending, and do not like to dispose of things that are still useful (like my really old car!)
Interesting thoughts on sharing resources...

So, would this Solar Eclipse be regarded as a Pre-Natal Eclipse Return? I was reading about that here:

http://janetsplan-its.com/study/Eclipses.shtml

!4C

What do you mean by this linkage to the 8th house that ends with Venus?
Modern ruler of scorpio (9th) is pluto in 8th. Ruler of libra (8th) is venus in the 8th. So venus is an important final dispositor, and the 8th and 9th maybe connected in some way. Mars, the traditional ruler of scorpio, would link 4th and 9th, but it seems like pluto in 8th is more significant.

So, would this Solar Eclipse be regarded as a Pre-Natal Eclipse Return?
No. It is part of a different saros series. The lunar node cycle and the eclipse cycle are slightly out of sync. The pre-natal series already happened year ago. They are still in play.

Saros 123: 03-11-1975 (solar), 25-11-2011 (solar)
Saros 135: 18-11-1975 (lunar), 10-10-2011 (lunar)

eaxtern

My Natal Sun is at 22 02` Scorpio, in 8th house
What can I expect? So the eclipse is exactly conjunct my Sun (only 5 minutes orb)

P.S. My natal Chiron is at 20 Taurus and my natal NN at 24 Cancer

I am fibrillating to know what could happen. Up until now everything seems normal inside and outside

Something wrong in your chart.
You erect sky for TU 00.00

this solar eclipse is on TU 22h12

So you should change

Secondly, it appears that this solar eclipse come just after the new equinox precession the same day november 13 at TU 22h09.

So you should compre the two sky firstly to see what differences exist and after observe with you own natal sky.

At least effect of the new equinox precession will be on december 13. And remind it will a lunar eclipse too on november 28 at TU 14h33

Caro

Ive noticed over last few months that new moon/full moon has been impacting my chart in some way. seems very interesting.

so this eclipse conj natal neptune in scorpio. so not a personal planet but will be interesting to see what takes place. the lunar eclispe at the end of the month with be conj my 8th house cusp and square my natal moon.

conjonction with house cuspide is NOTHING, because it is not a REAL thing. It is only a referential, like you say "hello i touch today the Greenwich Meridian. This meridian is factice. Cuspide of you 8 house too. Only count what you have inside.

You should search in databanks people having Neptune in Scorpio. You could find a big world race driver dead on a race. This man felt inside him like believing if he had chance or not at each race. Something near a form of superstitious. Of course it is necessary to know where is Mars in your chart, to estimate meaning

Ive noticed over last few months that new moon/full moon has been impacting my chart in some way. seems very interesting.

so this eclipse conj natal neptune in scorpio. so not a personal planet but will be interesting to see what takes place. the lunar eclispe at the end of the month with be conj my 8th house cusp and square my natal moon.

labelledujour

My NN is Scorpio 21°45', so almost exactly conjunct this Eclipse...
I wonder how this would be felt? Does anyone have any experience with this?

I had this conjunction in the eclipse of February 2008 in my 1st house. It was an amazing time, since not only I did have friends and fun (Aquarius), but also I lost weight and cut off smoking. I had become 20 pounds slimmer and much, much healthier at the time of the August 2008 follow-up lunar eclipse.

Since it's in your 9th, travel as much as you can. Maybe it's a good time to attend a University course or learn a new foreign language. You will benefit from the many lessons that will unfold in these 6 months to come. Above all, enjoy yourself!

This Solar Eclipse will be close to my Scorpio MC. Since I am in my Master's program, this shall be really exciting.

Hum...and what do you have in your house? what sign? Planets, do you want to see exactly what will be this eclpse? And where it will be? Please see attached pics, taken with astronomy software about november 13 eclipse. Do you think after this eclipse happens in ocean and australia, something will happen in your 9 house?....

Attachments

• eclip13closeup.jpg
    eclip13closeup.jpg
    20.8 KB · Views: 36
  • eclipsesun13nov.jpg
    eclipsesun13nov.jpg
    28 KB · Views: 31

Caro

conjonction with house cuspide is NOTHING, because it is not a REAL thing. It is only a referential, like you say "hello i touch today the Greenwich Meridian. This meridian is factice. Cuspide of you 8 house too. Only count what you have inside.

You should search in databanks people having Neptune in Scorpio. You could find a big world race driver dead on a race. This man felt inside him like believing if he had chance or not at each race. Something near a form of superstitious. Of course it is necessary to know where is Mars in your chart, to estimate meaning
Thanks for your reply and I get your point. I hear that north node transits can be troublesome too.

mars in 12th in libra (I guess Im a gonna) but not one prone to making rash choices apart from occasional trekking expeditions to the himilayas but wont be doing that again for some time.

anyway best park my ferrari in the garage those few weeks!:tongue: and the reality is its a rusty old bike on my stairs.