Moon in Pisces

kimbermoon

There is a thread in the forum positing the question of whether one loves like their Moon sign which I have not posted to as yet...yes Pisces loves with great compassion, sincerity and emotionality; yet we can be vague and elusive as well. And yes there is that need for romantic drama during courtship.
Personal events of late have brought me to a new realization about my Pisces Moon, just as a general feature and not particularly in terms of love, per say. Combined with a heavy overload of water energy, my youth was rather torturous; yes I was highly sensitive and emotional in nature. And I was highly receptive to underlying psychic vibrations from others...perhaps the biggest problem was in my excessive compassionate nature, I also developed a great deal of empathy for the suffering of others...as such I would actually feel the intensity of their suffering and in turn would frequently feel the after affects as well; it was hard for me to be disassociated from what others were feeling. Yes I was romantic and dreamy, given to fantasies of an idyllic world...but in affliction to Venus I also suffered from self-consciousness and low self-esteem. For me life seemed to be an emotional mine zone, ready to explode at the least provocation. Yes I experienced the yearning for in-depth interactions with others on the soul level; I was often disappointed. I feel that Saturn/Neptune kept me in the yoke of sacrifice and the necessary endurance of pain. At times I was the martyr, at other times the scapegoat. Yet it took me decades to get over the feeling of always having to explain myself to others, since it seemed that I was always being misunderstood in my intentions and motives; even my reason for living was often up for deliberation. And even in my explanations, misinterpretations contributed to further conflict and difficulty in personal relationships. Still I was a good listening post for some. I just wanted people to understand...eventually I learned to give up trying to explain myself but not until much later in life. At some point it came to me that in a way I was actually like an emotional vampire, sucking out all the emotions of others and taking them as my own. Just recently it finally came to me: Pisces is more than just about compassion, it is also about this theme of 'understanding' and it dawned upon me that perhaps my challenge in life was more about 'showing understanding' to others, which I have usually done, rather than expecting to get it in return, especially with a separating opposition with Pluto at birth. And so for all you other Pisces out there yearning to be heard and to be understood, my sage advice now would be to get over it...it is not about getting, but about giving. Wish I had known that years ago!

M

may28gemini

We've talked about this in PM before, but I think Pisces Moon is a pretty difficult one to have... not so much for the person to handle, but that it attracts others to victimize them.

It was much more difficult for me to manage my Moon under 30, because I would often feel despair since I was pushed around a lot but I didn't know what to do about it. It was as if I was suffering in an underwater torture chamber. I couldn't deal with it. The past 2 years, I've worked extremely hard to better mange my emotions and shut off my tendency to absorb everything, and much to my surprise, it has worked quite well. But I could never not be sensitive underneath, nor can I completely ignore others' discretionary rudeness and arrogance towards me either. Since water has an inherent built-in guilty sort of feeling, I've learned to not feel bad when I fight fire with fire.