Help v confused which house system, equal or unequal? which one of the 2 charts is me

Pepperpot

I am really confused and would love some help to figure out which of the two charts is the true me.

The 1st chart is the unequal house system and is what I have always used thanks to astro.com.
I have just read today on here that some people say it is better to use the equal house system and know I am totally confused.
Please help.

I will explain a little about myself so if anyone would like to help me identify which chart is the real me.

I work in the caring profession and I adore people, especially children and animals. I feel at ease when abroad and connect well with people of different cultures especially those that are not English mother tongue.
I love to gather knowledge in the mind through reference books, and I love languages. I love to travel and I am determined in going after what i believe in. I stand up for what I believe in and I am fiercly independent. I do not a a good or close relationship with my only sibling. Infact the only people in my family I am close to is my mother and my late maternal grandfather. I have moved house and jobs so many times, almost every year since 16. I love good food.

Please if you have any ideas about which chart I should use, please reply.
Also I am at a loss to which planet is my chart ruler.

Thank you

Attachments

• My natal.gif
    My natal.gif
    41.1 KB · Views: 23
  • equal house natal.jpg
    equal house natal.jpg
    82.6 KB · Views: 18

Kannon

It sounds like you may be Sagittarius rising rather than Scorpio. It isn't necessarily what house system you use, but first being certain about what Asc sign you are. (I use only Placidus because I understand pretty well how to apply it. It gives more info than other house systems).

I'll direct you to my thread on the rising sign:
http://www.astrologyweekly.com/forum/showthread.php?t=25131
First be sure whether you are Sag rising, Scorp, or Libra rising. Then we'll talk about house system.

jsummerfield

i agree with kannon--from what you wrote, you definitely sound more sagittarius rising than scorpio. do your physical traits match? :)

dr. farr

I use only whole sign houses; the ascendant degree given (28 Scorpio) is:
-under the Manilius decan of Pisces, and
-in the Libra duodenary, and
-in the Face of Venus
From what you have described about your outlook on life, a case could be made for the predominance of Libra/Pisces (thus Venus and Jupiter) being the specific ascendant influences, with Scorpio only being a very diffused influence in the background.

Many (highly expert) practitioners ignore the influences of the parts of each sign (decans, duodenaries, Faces, and so on)-the Manilius (original) system of decans has been ignored for the past 1500 years-but when we realize this ancient practice of blending influences relating to the degree-area of horoscopic points-particularly relative to the ascendant degree-we find that an automatic kind of "rectification"-more closely matching the essence of the individual than mere consideration of the sign (entire sign) on the 1st house-is often accomplished.

Horus

I am really confused and would love some help to figure out which of the two charts is the true me.

The 1st chart is the unequal house system and is what I have always used thanks to astro.com.
I have just read today on here that some people say it is better to use the equal house system and know I am totally confused.
Please help.

I will explain a little about myself so if anyone would like to help me identify which chart is the real me.

I work in the caring profession and I adore people, especially children and animals. I feel at ease when abroad and connect well with people of different cultures especially those that are not English mother tongue.
I love to gather knowledge in the mind through reference books, and I love languages. I love to travel and I am determined in going after what i believe in. I stand up for what I believe in and I am fiercly independent. I do not a a good or close relationship with my only sibling. Infact the only people in my family I am close to is my mother and my late maternal grandfather. I have moved house and jobs so many times, almost every year since 16. I love good food.

Please if you have any ideas about which chart I should use, please reply.
Also I am at a loss to which planet is my chart ruler.

Thank you

I don't think Saturn is in your 10th house creating fears, limitation, delays in your career/purpose (is it?), and your caring/nurturing Moon should be in there IMO, so Placidus works fine for what you describe. Neptune in Sag. in the 1st gives energy for you to pursue your dreams and aspirations of travel, etc. Your Scorp ASC is fine.