Affinities with people whose sign is your ascendant?

Are your friends' sun sign the same as your ascendant?

• Yes

Votes: 22 32.4%
  • No

Votes: 46 67.6%

• Total voters

Eske

WorldSpice said:
Eske you said the following

this does not make sense, i have my leo ac at 23 d and my dc is at 23 d aquarius....the ac is the opposite sign of your dc...always will and always has been

so yes i get on and have quite a few friends who are opposite my leo ac which is in aquarius

You're right, that is meant to be saggitarius and that is meant to be scorpio.

taiyou

My 2 cents: I'm a Virgo rising and yes, a lot of my friends have Virgo sun (and half my boyfriends). Now I'm a little surprised I couldn't find any mention of friends with a sun sign linked with one's MC: mine is in Gemini and oddly the rest of my friends are Gemini!
But I have noticed a clear difference between these two categories of friends: Virgos attract me whereas I attract Gemini. I feel the friendship with Virgos more "equal", it flows more naturally when I must admit my Gemini friends are the ones who make efforts for our relationship to last.

taiyou

I've just realised that Mercury rules both Virgo and Gemini (a Taurus can take her time, right?!) which probably accounts for my connection with these two signs.

Claire19

Lunatic said:
Someone suggested to me recently that we often have friends whose sun sign is our ascendant. I have a libra ascendant and have many dear libra friends, my daughter is libra and I also have 2 dear friends, one a male and one a female who are both libra and whose fathers share the same birthday. Does anyone else find that they share affinities with people who sun sign is their ascendant?

I agree especially in families that happens. Friends yes. HOwever not always an affinity but a connection, yes. Depends on the orb of the aspect.

Claire19

Eske said:
You're right, that is meant to be saggitarius and that is meant to be scorpio.

People with their Sun sign on or in your 7th, descendant i.e. opposite your ascendant, are often long time friends, partners and in committed one to one relations. Dont forget the 7th is the domain of nieces and nephews also.
The ruler of the 7th and it is position will tell where you meet them and what sort of relationship.

LadyV

I've had many friends and 1 ex who was a Capricorn, my Ascendant. I've found Cap friends to be lovely people who I can chat with for hours, but the Cap BF was so bossy to the point where we once got into a fight just because he didn't like my sunglasses, I don't know if that was just him!

That said though, it's not exclusively Caps who I find I click with, also Geminis, Scorpios, Sagittarius(not so much when I was younger as my psycho father is Sag, but definately more so as I've goten older), Aquarians, and fellow Pisces. I have planets in all of these signs except for Gemini, but then Gemini is an air sign and that is the element most prevalent in my chart.

Last edited: