The delayed house: North Node - house

fullmoonlibra

From all the twelve houses which people are using at some way in their life, people have more difficulty 'using' the house where they have their North Node in.
Because that's the only house where they have to grow towards.
And the South Node - house is the house they are active the most, because that's the house where they feel the most comfortable.

So, compared with empty houses and houses with planets in, the NN - house is the house which has a duty: it has to be accomplished. And that's the reason why the NN - house is like a darts - game; you keep throwing at the middle and with time, due to training you can aim more in the middle.

The other houses' functioning is like trafic..
The planet interaction between the houses too.

It's the South Node and the North Node - house which is like a darts - game, in one way direction:
You throw your dart from the South Node and aim to the North Node.
At the beginning you try to aim right through trying tricks with the dart; you hold it on different ways (trial and error). Until you can aim more directly to the middle, your energy goes to the right way to hold the dart (South Node). But once you are trained, and you've got an appropriate way on your own, your throwings are habituated and your focus is more onto the 'throwing at the middle more often' (North Node).

This needs time, that's the reason why the North Node house is a delayed house.

I see people who don't have a partner on a late age: their North Node in the 7th
Other people between the age 35-40 who are too career - oriented so they couldn't start a family yet, with their North Node in the 4th house.
Mothers with their South Node in the 4th, saying 'when time is ripe, and children are grown, I will open my own store'..

Do you feel that your North Node - house is in delay too? Or are you having support to it with conjunctions and/or early degrees?

!4C

Yep! Life is game of drunken lawn darts. That is a warning everyone around us. :biggrin:

Last edited:

Claire19

If the North Node has a conjunction or opposition to it from planets then it is easier to tap into it. If we consistently go towards our south node we will find little satisfaction and although it is familiar ground we are to go to the opposite this time around. The trick is to merge the two together positively.

I do feel that as we mature we get a better grasp on it. Depends on the individual of course.

chris10

From all the twelve houses which people are using at some way in their life, people have more difficulty 'using' the house where they have their North Node in.
And the South Node - house is the house they are active the most, because that's the house where they feel the most comfortable

True for me. I have NN in 7 degrees Capricorn in the 4th. Natal Saturn on MC, natal Sun at 17 degr Cancer in 10th. I have made absolutely no use of natal 4th house. My natal 4th house is empty.
During a NN transit at 26 degr Sag conjucting my IC and transiting Pluto conjucting natal NN
my father died.
I knew him so little because my parents divorced when I was 3.
I always believed that when we were both older, I would get the chance to spend time with him and know him better. Now, it's too late.
As transiting Pluto at 7 degr Capr was going back and forth my natal NN, the need to spend more time at home was growing. I spend more time at home now and I place less emphasis on career. I don't work 70 - 80 hours a week any more, I have decreased work hours to 50/week. I spend a lot more time with family.
Maybe Pluto transiting my 4th house and conjucting my natal NN is my wake up call that here is more to life than working.

So, compared with empty houses and houses with planets in, the NN - house is the house which has a duty: it has to be accomplished. And that's the reason why the NN - house is like a darts - game; you keep throwing at the middle and with time, due to training you can aim more in the middle

fullmoonlibra
you say, the NN - house is the house which has a duty:t has to be accomplished. I sure hope so :smile:
I haven't been doing much practice in this darts game.
Am I too late?
Is it possible I will never get to aim in the middle of the target = 4th house NN?

This needs time, that's the reason why the North Node house is a delayed house.
Do you feel that your North Node - house is in delay too? Or are you having support to it with conjunctions and/or early degrees?

Yes, it is a delayed house for me.
My natal Sun is in wide conjuction to SN - 10 degrees, I don't know if that counts. Having a career came easily to me, I had to work really hard - natal Saturn on MC, but still, career/work feels so familiar, felt so familiar even when I first started out many years ago.
On the other hand, starting a family seems so "strange, unknown territory" for me.

Other people between the age 35-40 who are too career - oriented so they couldn't start a family yet, with their North Node in the 4th house.

How true :smile:

Last edited:

Multiplicity

Great thread...

I've got a third house NN in Aries.
It squares twelfth house Neptune and ASC. in Capricorn (these are conjunct)

Jupiter is also in my third house. During my return I, naturally, traveled across the country and began performing poetry on stage. I have since stopped but not due to a lack of desire. I have felt a general lack of inspiration since that time. Now back in school (Libra SN after a saturn transit) I am focusing on getting back into the creative spirit through creative writing and a minor in mass communication. I feel, for the mean time, that this is a pretty darn central spot for that dart to land and we'll see where it goes from there!

With Jupiter also in my third - I find myself having a pretty dualistic view. Considering the details within the big picture and creating a larger portrait out of technical details. This, I think, makes it even harder for me to focus on the NN/SN pulls from ninth and third houses. IDK how to resolve it yet but I'm working on it!

In terms of their aspects, even as a Pisces sun/merc., I have no idea what to do about the square to a twelfth house Neptune...maybe that's the point...I'm open to any thoughts out there...

Thanks for the thread fullmoonlibra!

JenniferThiesing

I have North Node in sag conjunct my sun both in the first house , south nodes gemini alone in the 7th. I feel both at time. Im mainly focused on building a career and helping this world then I am relationships. I dont think I'll be in a serious relationship til Im older , I guess gemini plays a role in that .. Im beyond restless.. I like a guy , want the guy, get the guy, he's in the palm of my hand, and then Im bored again. -_-
They are at 22 deg

astralrabbit

Account Closed
My north node sits in scorpio at 22 degrees conjunct my midheaven in the 9th house. Delayed yes; however I am coming upon my nodal return, and noticed that when it passed in conjunction with my neptune, sun, and mercury conjunction ( which is also conjunct my mid-heaven ) that events in my life correlated with these conjunctions. Very unsettling at first, but strangely enough, is proving to manifest itself in some fortuitous growth in certain areas of my life. It will be conjunct my mid-heaven soon before it's return. Makes me nervous some-what.

shadow moon

Banned
And the South Node - house is the house they are active the most, because that's the house where they feel the most comfortable.

that`s only true if the North Node has no major planetary contact, especially with the signs ruler

so if you have North Node in Taurus conjunct Venus and are a woman, you are really magnetic towards men, even though you might not be able to keep up a healthy long term relationship

Rahu and Ketu adapt to the sign and to the planet they are in contact with, this is how they are able to influence it

the North Node, aka Rahu is not a undeveloped, unexisting ability or talent, it represents a compulsion we are drawn towards, believing we can handle the situation the N.Node is able to manifest for us, it`s being a diamond in the rough

a 7th house N.Node doesn`t mean you are bad at getting friends, it means you are an idiot at keeping them

IleneK

Premium Member
fullmoonlibra
you say, the NN - house is the house which has a duty:t has to be accomplished. I sure hope so :smile:
I haven't been doing much practice in this darts game.
Am I too late?
Is it possible I will never get to aim in the middle of the target = 4th house NN?

No, Chris, it is not too late for you at all.

Coming into our NN is a gradual process for many, and some do not come into it into much later in life than you are. I think you have a very real awakening and advancement to NN going on right now.

Good cheer to you.

Caro

When looking at chart the north node and south node is now one of the first things I look at. (and how it integrates to the rest of the chart). Depends on the age of the person.

a friend has SN in 7th house in leo, so I suggested she was perhaps a bit of diva in relationships a past life and she started to laugh. she has been told this many times! :lol: However from the outside looking in she has and does live an independent life.

myself I have NN in 7th and yes a committed relationship just has not happened but neither have i wanted it until maybe last few years. Im way to independent. I have NN sextile moon and merc. I also have progressed venus conj NN for last few years. so this has seen a real shift in how I feel.

I do feel you bring your SN lessons to this life for good reason though and you can integrate these into your life.

So another chart moon in libra conj SN - great intuition which can be used in her clairaudient work in this life(NN and Sun and Saturn in aries)

Claire19

NN in the 7th house can mean many more things than just marriage. Saturn in the 7th Aries is more likely the delayed or not happening marriage and in the independent sign of Aries.You had SN in Libra last time around and that lends to co-operation and accord within your immediate environment particularly in your early life where you may have kept the peace and said yes when you really wanted to say no. So you have a mutual reception thing happening really. If you do marry you will definitely be the boss and authoritarian and will need to concentrate on being equitable and giving the other partner, a fair go. You may be much older or more established and sometimes these influences lend to a practical working relationship rather.

That you have the Moon and Mercury sextile I dont know is valid. If they are very tight orb of within 2 degrees then maybe. But a lot of astrologers dont use anything but tight conjunctions and oppositions.

Last edited:

Caro

C19 if you reply above is to me. My message referred to 3 different charts.(1. leo SN etc /2 NN Taurus(Me) and a 3rd chart libra NN I refer to is conj moon in 5th house opposite an aries stellium in 11th house. Defo not my chart. This person is gifted clairaudient and very intuitive. Yes she is born on eclipse so that makes it more significant.

AllanBeau

Hmmmm I got North Node in Taurus conjunct Venus perfectly and in the 9th house. I always found it interesting that I got the planet that rules over the North Node conjunct the North Node.

I'm not too sure if it was delayed. I did do some college....Not much though. Did get a degree in Cultural Anthropology... Should of went to school for business tho, I'm really good at it. I do feel like I am full of wisdom and highly educated. I was spoiled growing up with 2 Sagittarius parents. My dad even got's his Masters in Philosophy. Growing up we had many intellectual conversations.

I'm not really religious, haven't found a spiritual path that I can say I believe in. I've traveled all over the United States. Have lived in many states. I consider myself a gypsy.

I'm always surrounded by woman who are extremely wise and spiritually gifted.

My South Node is in Scorpio and its conjunct Saturn. So I can't escape it, its part of my KARMA! Also I got Pluto in Scorpio.

Both my Node rulers are in there signs. It makes me wonder what the heck I did in a past life lol Don't know if it was good or bad.

Both my parents have Venus in Scorpio on my South Node...Does that mean my parents were my lovers in a past life lol. That sounds sooooo wrong on many levels.

!4C

My sun, mercury, and NN are conjunct in scorpio. I focused on this area from birth, so I don't see the NN as exciting new challenge. For me, integration of the SN and NN is the supreme challenge that feels like mission impossible. I've only been able to focus on one at a time. I can't juggle the two, as they seem mutually exclusive. I think it is mostly because the particulars of my career path so far. Had I been more conscious when I was younger I probably would have chosen a different path.

I'm interested to know if other people with NN conjunct sun (near eclipse) in the same sign/house have had a similar experience.

StillOne

I felt I should comment with a 6th house NN (equal house) so then a 12th house SN. Saturn conjunct SN. I feel there's been much delay and unusual maneuvering (yods) as well as hidden dimensions (Moon in Gemini in 12th). It's taken me a long time to get to know myself.

I feel what Claire said about using your SN to work with your NN direction to be interesting and worthy of consideration. I feel that now that I've tapped into the 12th house more that I'm able to draw on previous inherited knowledge there to assist with 6th house matters. It's very interesting to observe this and I really find that I'm loving it! However, like Fullmoonlibra said, 6th house matters aren't very compelling to me... yet, anyway. I think I still need to revisit my 12th past to reacquaint with it in order to be of service.

Does that make sense? :unsure:

Last edited:

Becca

My North Node is in my 7th house, in Gemini. I've got Gemini on the cusp of the 7th, and then my 7th house continues into Cancer, with Venus in it. Neptune is placed in my first house. I've always wanted to be with my soul mate, ever since I was a child. I love being in a relationship. My NN trines Saturn and Pluto (10house, Libra), and is in opposition to Neptune.

I've had committed relationships. When I am single I turn to myself and use that 1st house to improve myself by educating myself\traveling (sag asc) and Neptune in my 1st to daydream about love.

Claire19

Interesting question. For me my NN is conjunct Uranus Gemini 4th
and I studied astrology at my Saturn Return at 28. I also have only just wanted to put down roots in my later years. I thought that was because the 4th is later conditions and where we end up as well as home and domestic issues. I think where NN is where we get most satisfaction once we tap into it.

Kuntuzangmo

Does anyone find the degree of the NN significant?
Mine is 1.25 Libra (3rd h). My 3rd h. activities are definitely delayed....or rather I walked away from them to run back to 9th h. activities. I see now how crucial it is to balance the two houses.
I definitely lost opportunities because the 9th h. draw was/is so strong.