Whole Sign Aspects

byjove

Account Closed
Hi all,

I just wanted to find out more about how Whole Sign aspects work. I've read a little about them on here

http://www.librarising.com/astrology/fwa/basics2.html

But I'm a little confused, as it only seems to refer to aspects to the AC, but are these aspects the same throughout the chart? If so, that would create many new aspects in our charts, which we would not of considered before, eg. planets in different water signs now trining each other by virtue of Whole Sign trine aspect. Hmm.

Also, does anyone who uses Whole Sign houses not use whole sign aspects? Just curious!

smilingsteph

I have been dealing with the same questions as you. I look at my chart in whole signs and I think "how strange." The system does seem to place more emphasis on aspects.

I was looking at my chart with the whole sign placements, didnt make too much sense to me and my personality, as it does with the equal house placements.
I do wonder if the whole sign aspects would make a difference.
Good question....
Anyone????

byjove

Account Closed
Hi SmilingSteph,

good to get some feedback. So you feel that the aspects may not describe you well? That's interesting, I like this kind of debate. The ancients clearly knew what they were doing, but, surely we're able to build on some things, improve some techniques and ideas. So, if modern orbs are better or more accurate that simply sign aspects, then I'm I'd like to apply this in my own chart.

smilingsteph

Hi SmilingSteph,

good to get some feedback. So you feel that the aspects may not describe you well? That's interesting, I like this kind of debate. The ancients clearly knew what they were doing, but, surely we're able to build on some things, improve some techniques and ideas. So, if modern orbs are better or more accurate that simply sign aspects, then I'm I'd like to apply this in my own chart.

My charts are attached, both by equal house settings and the whole signs. Very different placements. I dont find myself to be a very 5th house kind of person- as seen by equal houses. Quite a bit is off.
Only thing that I find to be of interest is that my moon is placed in the 8th in the equal setting which I can identify with.

What chart do you identify with more?

Attachments

• my chart equal signs.gif
    my chart equal signs.gif
    27.5 KB · Views: 25
  • my chart whole signs.gif
    my chart whole signs.gif
    27.6 KB · Views: 23