What are you learning from COVID?

aquarius7000

Hi,

There's something positive in everything. So, to see the glass as half full, how would you say has the COVID situation been positively affecting you?

For instance, COVID seems to be unifying people even with social distancing instructions in place :lol:

I, for instance, have been reading quite a bit and found how relaxing that is. Of course there's more positive I have discovered, but I will let you have a go now with how the COVID situation has positively affected you.

Hkk

Account Closed
It’s let me catch up with work stuff and let me slow down and learn new things so I can be effective.
It’s Bought families, friends and neighbours more closer and all helping each other.
It’s shown who really cares.
It’s made us become healthier with food
Made me wanna take my vitamins especially vit D
Has given me faith in the U.K. government so far and made me realise that England isn’t that bad after all
Made me realise we really do abuse the nhs in this country
Made me come on here more 😊😇

Chrysalis

Great thread Aquarius.

Idon’t like typing too much on my phone so I’ll reply properly tomorrow when I’m back at the computer, as I’ve got a lot to say.

Goodnight guys 🤗

aquarius7000

That god, universe or some kind of energy is teaching us something valuable here ?

Excellent point. And, as we can see, we've been set in a throw-back and introspect mode to see how we are negatively impacting this wonderful earth.

Also, how we should not think and act just local because one of the effects of globalisation is that our actions do impact others. That plastic bottle of water does land in some developing country for recycling. Or it lands in the oceans. So, yes, even those countries that refuse to accept climate change or global warming will be forced to now do so.

The sad part only is that often times we need something hurtful to happen to teach us the value of what we have and our (wrong) actions.

ashriia

I am mostly learning how to cook, what i use to buy canned. I have time so why not. I am enjoying an overall healthier diet.

covid has taught me, that my OCD finally is very useful.

covid has taught other people that they stand too close to strangers in public. Which is something I learned?:sideways::andy: and I'm very thankful for. lol.

CapAquaPis

Covid19 teaches me the repeated lesson of world history will always have difficult challenges. The last great global pandemic was over a century ago (1919) and it was the Spanish flu. And my job as a grocery store clerk in an essential business taught myself how important my job is.

eekndyn

I have wanted to for years to homeschool my kids, or have my kids school from home and this has given me the opportunity to see what it is like. I have also successfully talked my spouse into letting me have more gardening space. My home hasn't been this clean in a while, and has gave me motivation to keep it clean. Also that extra urge to be more self sufficient.

Chrysalis

It's only the first day of total lockdown for us in the UK. I'm more of an introvert than an extrovert anyway, so with regards to staying indoors, this is not a problem.

What have I learned so far from Covid?

I've learned who are truly genuine friends and who aren't. So basically I've not got any.
I've learned that my one and only family member who I have contact with (being my Sister) is way more selfish than I previously thought. She has an Aries stellium that gets in the way of my Libra planets.
I've learned that my BF is a genuinely good guy, and genuinely cares about me more than I thought. With him, its actions speak louder than words and coming to see me a couple of days ago with some cash (in case of emergencies), chocolate, handwash, hand sanitizer, paracetamol, was really sweet of him.

I've learned how [some] people of the human race can be very selfish, there has been no need for the stockpiling, with also people posting images and videos showing off their stockpile. Its the survival instincts kicking in yes, but surely you also need to have compassion for others. That's why all this virus has happened, mother earth is very poorly and needs to regain balance.
On the flip side, it has brought out the good side in people too

I've learned that I should be grateful for my home and my health, I have a nice home with a garden to isolate myself in and I have no health issues. There will be many people now on home lockdown living in very bad conditions, including living in bedsits, high rise flats, not to mention the homeless people and the immigrants, I have no clue what could be happening with them.

I've learned to use the moto "prepare for the worst and hope for the best".

I've learned that AW always seems to be the place I feel more at ease, through a crisis.

Now what I would like to learn from this COVID, would be why the big panic and stockpiling with toilet paper, now that is something I'm still very confused about. :andy:

aquarius7000

Hi,

I have read in a couple of articles that this virus has brought out and up the importance of the Indian way of life (the Indus Valley Civilisation is considered on of the oldest). For instance, the way of greeting by folding both hands and bowing the head a bit out of respect, using turmeric (a natural healer and anti-toxin) in food along with other spices (spices are excellent for immunity - which is what we need against such viruses), etc. Basically, the idea is that we are being taken back to our roots (doesn't mean you have to be Indian) and to consider the goods of ancient civilisations, which were mostly forgotten through our modern ways - where convenience is no. 1 - hence also packaged, frozen and canned foods. I live in NY and its a matter of crisis for more than half my social circle that they cannot go to a restaurant, food trucks or order in from restaurants.

Hkk

Account Closed
Excellent point. And, as we can see, we've been set in a throw-back and introspect mode to see how we are negatively impacting this wonderful earth.

Also, how we should not think and act just local because one of the effects of globalisation is that our actions do impact others. That plastic bottle of water does land in some developing country for recycling. Or it lands in the oceans. So, yes, even those countries that refuse to accept climate change or global warming will be forced to now do so.

The sad part only is that often times we need something hurtful to happen to teach us the value of what we have and our (wrong) actions.

I agree A7000!

We are being taught something through harsh and hurtful ways and yet some people are not learning. I think we should still show compassion. I

I reflected this morning.

Yes, people are still being selfish. Yet, maybe, this is human nature. Normally, we are not constrained and we don’t get treated in a military way. So maybe these selfish actions are what humans do and we need to change.
Some people change straightaway, others take time and need to be dragged thorough the change. And this is what’s happening now.

On a global scale, we need to change a lot of thing, big changes, and be responsible for the WORLD 🌍 we live in.

Peace not war
Love the neighbour which includes other countries
We are all in it together
World leader to bring us together
There should be no divide

All these things are bigger scales and looking at it in a global way and not locally. More of us can improve and change the world if we all get together.

I agree with C
Thank you A7000 for a great thread

leyla89

help older people and people which are ill.

that the job i work for is not good :lol:

in a crises all countries looking on their own (for example Czech and Poland uses medical equipment which is for italy, also turkey)

italy also uses equipment which is for greece :bandit:
slow down, not only money, wall street, higher and higer,

have to take care of the nature, quality instead of quantity.

katydid

The transiting stellium in Capricorn is moving through my 8th house. It is squaring my Saturn/Neptune conjunction in late Libra in my 6th. :surprised:

So I have had to contemplate my mortality during these strange times.

I feel oddly peaceful about the whole thing right now...:innocent:

As of now, none of my family members have any symptoms to be concerned about. Thank Goodness.

My husband and I are locked down in our little cottage. We are getting along really well, even under this stress so that is a really good thing.

After 38 years of 'togetherness', we had created our own kind of separate existences, within this little home. Husband is a writer and spends most of his time in his office, in the spare bedroom.

I set myself up in the living room, with my laptop and the large screen tv and it borders the kitchen, where I do the chores. We were together all day and night but in our own little bubble much of the time.

In the past 2 weeks we have spent a lot more quality time together, than usual. So that is a nice thing. We have talked about a lot of very important things, like wills, and other such mundane but necessary givens.

Our family has always been close, but this really showed me how truly wonderful our kids are. They have regularly checked up on us, and shopped for us, and done errands for us, and they got angry when they learned we went out ourselves once for groceries. lol.....'angry' but it was only because they mean well. :wink:

I am so proud of how well they have done in this crisis. They both have strong multiple trines from Taurean planets to the millennial Capricorn conjunction. They were made for this kind of stable, calm pro-active reaction. :rightful:

These transiting Cap planets are also trining my Jupiter and my Ascendant in Taurus. So I am strangely comfortable and calm about this whole pandemic thing.

aquarius7000

It is amazing how much we can learn just from this thread and all our experiences during these very strange times. Who would have thought that in this age of Robotics and Artificial Intelligence, a microorganism could lock the entire world down and confine everybody to just their four walls. Makes me very humble to consider just that even.

Chrysalis

I'd just like to add that I've learned how to grow a lemon tree from the seeds of a lemon. I've been drinking lemon water recently since all this, to try and keep my body as alkalized as possible, so I thought id try growing the seeds.

I've also learned that the birds have never been happier till now, I've never heard them chirping so loud, I wish I knew what they were saying.

Ukpoohbear

Those who haven't panic bought have learnt this.

compassion.jpg

Hkk

Account Closed
I'd just like to add that I've learned how to grow a lemon tree from the seeds of a lemon. I've been drinking lemon water recently since all this, to try and keep my body as alkalized as possible, so I thought id try growing the seeds.

I've also learned that the birds have never been happier till now, I've never heard them chirping so loud, I wish I knew what they were saying.

Their probably happy there is no pollution with the cars and people

Chrysalis

Yes I know, it will be that, but it just makes you think what an impact all the pollution is having on our wildlife....not that many people care. Even certain fish that's not been seen for a while has been now seen in an Italy river, I think ive heard this is the same for China too.

Hkk

Account Closed
Yes I know, it will be that, but it just makes you think what an impact all the pollution is having on our wildlife....not that many people care. Even certain fish that's not been seen for a while has been now seen in an Italy river, I think ive heard this is the same for China too.

It’s heartbreaking isn’t it. Knowing the fish were hiding because of us. Does anyone care though? I’m watching news and ppl only thinking about themselves. The lesson - they don’t realise the lesson .......or if the lesson exists. Madness. Absolutely madness