how does mars in virgo fight?

GemwDepth

Account Closed
I never quite understood how the aggressive energy of Mars work in the sign Virgo? What are their tactics in a fight? Are they sneaky like Mars in Scorpio but without the fixedity?

e.g. I had a tiff with a mars in gemini and it was easy to focus on their mutability. Become a super boring opponent and they eventually become distracted to something else. Fight over!

What's Mars in Virgo like?

Last edited:

Starsareround

I never quite understood how the aggressive energy of Mars work in the sign Virgo? What are their tactics in a fight? Are they sneaky like Mars in Scorpio but without the fixedity?

e.g. I had a tiff with a mars in gemini and it was easy to focus on their mutability. Become a super boring opponent and they eventually become distracted to something else. Fight over!

I think Mars is scary in Virgo. Mars Virgo people are like surgeons. They cut without flinching. They have the rapier wit and they will out fox you every time.

Ukpoohbear

I have a good friend with this aspect, he is a very wise man, but he hates his Mars in Virgo. He described it as being debilitating in how to approach women, he just did not have the confidence. He’s a good astrologer so I’m sure he knows about generalising, yet still he blames Mars in Virgo for having so-called jerks winning the woman over him, even if he was the better man inside. I guess the critical nature of this sign placement really shows itself.

Last edited:

GemwDepth

Account Closed
I think Mars is scary in Virgo. Mars Virgo people are like surgeons. They cut without flinching. They have the rapier wit and they will out fox you every time.

When I think out foxing, I think of strategic signs like Libra, Scorpio, sometimes Capricorn (coldness and ambition overrides all). But I also hear the Virgo energy can be subtle, sneaky, shrewd and calculating.

Can you end a fight with them with logic and practicality? Would you say due to lack of passion (Scorp) and strong ambition (Cap) fueling the mars, they can be easier to deal with?

Or would they just nitpick you to death? lol.

I also hear the sign Virgo can lash it out, but they can't take it.

Gemini888

I have Mars in 0 deg Virgo. It also happens to be my chart ruler. And I don't want to fight unless someone is in my way. And Virgo can be pissed off by surprisingly petty things, like a small mistake in the grand plan. But Virgo will mostly keep their anger to themselves unless it's necessary to fight about it (Virgo is a servant after all). And when it doesn't confront someone directly with its frustration, it can resolve the frustration in an equally surprisingly petty way, like talking about it behind people's back (but then again I'm a Gemini so...)

Virgo also dislikes arrogance, very much. I hate the know-it-all type. And when I spot one, my Virgo Mars employs its x-ray vision to find holes in their knowledge for its enjoyment. That's a stack contrast to Mars's 5H placement, which wants all the Leo-like attention.

At the end of the day, Virgo Mars only wants to fight for the greater good. But it is so easily bogged down by the details that it appears petty.

GemwDepth

Account Closed
He described it as being debilitating in how to approach women, he just did not have the confidence.

That's really funny!

I guess virgo make mars shy. I wonder if it being a feminine sign also contributes to passive-aggressiveness, and potentially being deceitful working ppl into a spider web, because they lack confidence to be upfront and open.

david starling

Mars is in-Service to Virgo, but Virgo won't use its services for fighting unless pushed by Necessity (Saturn). Then, it's all about carefully considered strategy.

Last edited:

Little bit critical and stubborn at times but not aggressive all time.

Mars Virgo has a drive and even zeal for hitting the productive sweet spot in the workday flow.

GemwDepth

Account Closed
Mars is in-Service to Virgo, but Virgo won't use its services for fighting unless pushed by Necessity (Saturn). Then, it's all about carefully considered strategy.

That's spot on. I know one with Mars conjunct Saturn in Virgo. They are very hardworking, but petty (as mentioned above) and kind of manipulative. Esp. being manipulative using bribery and money (material related).

Can you elaborate on the Virgo-strategy? Never considered the sign to be strategic. Calculating and shrewd, yes.

I have noticed negative Virgo archetypes waits until someone's at their most vulnerable to strike and take advantage.

Last edited:

david starling

That's spot on. I know one with Mars conjunct Saturn in Virgo. They are very hardworking, but petty (as mentioned above) and kind of manipulative. Esp. being manipulative using bribery and money (material related).

Can you elaborate on the Virgo-strategy? Never considered the sign to be strategic. Calculating and shrewd, yes.

I have noticed negative Virgos archetypes waits until someone's at their most vulnerable to strike and take advantage.

It's known as the "Sign of Generals". Key word is "analyze". I use Pallas Athena, the most famous and important Virgin goddess of Ancient Greece and Crete, as the archetype: Wise in the arts of both war and peace. She was giver of victory in defensive war, and abundance in the material life of the city-states.

GemwDepth

Account Closed
I have Mars in 0 deg Virgo. It also happens to be my chart ruler. And I don't want to fight unless someone is in my way. And Virgo can be pissed off by surprisingly petty things, like a small mistake in the grand plan. But Virgo will mostly keep their anger to themselves unless it's necessary to fight about it (Virgo is a servant after all). And when it doesn't confront someone directly with its frustration, it can resolve the frustration in an equally surprisingly petty way, like talking about it behind people's back (but then again I'm a Gemini so...)

At the end of the day, Virgo Mars only wants to fight for the greater good. But it is so easily bogged down by the details that it appears petty.

Interesting.

Some curious questions for you:

1. How would one stop a fight with you? Would logic work? Or something more practical related? e.g. After analyzing the effort isn’t worth potential losses that may be incurred?

2. Do you primarily use verbal weapons to attack emotionally?

3. How long does your anger usually last?

GemwDepth

Account Closed
It's known as the "Sign of Generals". Key word is "analyze". I use Pallas Athena, the most famous and important Virgin goddess of Ancient Greece and Crete, as the archetype: Wise in the arts of both war and peace. She was giver of victory in defensive war, and abundance in the material life of the city-states.

I thought Libra was the sign of war, and associated with Pallas Athena. Doesn't the Virgo archetype lack empathy? It's very logical. But how can you predict the other party's moves if you don't understand the others emotionally? Libra can see both sides, hence they understands the bigger picture and how to maneuver the other party.

david starling

Interesting.

1. How would one stop a fight with you? Would logic work? Or something more practical related? e.g. After analyzing the effort isn’t worth potential losses that may be incurred?

This is based on patterns, and helped my understanding of Virgo. I have Mars in Pisces, and I avoid fighting as much as possible. My anger is momentary, and usually regretted. With a Pisces Ascendant, my only Virgo placement is the Descendant.

GemwDepth

Account Closed
This is based on patterns, and helped my understanding of Virgo. I have Mars in Pisces, and I avoid fighting as much as possible. My anger is momentary, and usually regretted. With a Pisces Ascendant, my only Virgo placement is the Descendant.

You do have mars in 1st though. Interested to peek at your natal to see where you get all your innovative astro-theories. That's another thread tho :).

david starling

You do have mars in 1st though. Interested to peek at your natal to see where you get all your innovative astro-theories. That's another thread tho :).

I have Mercury Conj Mars in Pisces, at the tip of a Yod, which is where Mars is now! Mars is innovative, and Mercury is about thought and communication.

david starling

Also, my Ouranos:)uranus:) is in Gemini, which makes me a "free-thinker" in the context of my Chart. I define free-thinking as having respect for, and gaining information from, conventional beliefs and practices, but not being bound by them.

Last edited:

david starling

You ask good, constructive questions! I appreciate that.

SCP11

I have mars retrograde in virgo

i think it's also important to look at mercury, the ruler of virgo

since virgo is the host to mars, virgo has to provide for mars, but virgo can only do it in the way virgo knows how

and depending on where mercury is, that will colour how virgo is able to help, because where the host ruler is, that's where it's taking it's resources from

my mercury is in aries

so... i notice it's mainly when people are stopping me from being able to go in my own direction, and do what i want, that i get irritated. Things that i've hated most in life have been when people got in the way of that.
(Aries personal wants/primary expression of identity)

From that i notice, it's the virgo ruler that determines perhaps the 'what' that makes us go into fight or flight mode.

Mars in virgo will be the 'how'. Since mine is retrograde and i have a lot of significant water in my chart, i am much more the quiet type in dealing with arguments. I don't like conflict, though the energy definitely bubbles inside.
I have a kind of "I'll show them" attitude, where i'll strategise and work a way to get what i want for my own sense of self separate from any person who is an obstacle.

I'd also get annoyed when people would misunderstand me (merc in aries again), they'd label me as something and inside i'd be thinking "FFUU". When i was young, people would always tell me i'm weird, i think it was mainly because of my sense of humour, at one point i got so annoyed i thought, the next time someone tells me i'm weird, i'm going to ask why because i want to get to the truth of it, sure enough someone did and i asked why, she said "i don't know... just", that got me so mad inside i thought "well if you don't know then why are you calling me it!!!??" but on the outside i just pulled a confused disapproving look... sigh lol
From that it seems like mars virgo wants to cut to the essential info surrounding a source of tension.

It's also one of those things where i really have to be pushed to the final straw before i really go for someone, a lot of the times i'll let it go, and work on my self, but i had to learn to do that because i have some pisces placements, i used to go into victim mode and seek for people to get in touch with their own emotions so that they'd see they've been harsh and they don't need to be. I've also associated direct conflict with being bad and something that'll bring danger, so there's an element of self-criticism should i choose to be direct, or stand up for myself in an unpleasant way, i feel the need to resolve conflict like an 'adult' or in a mature, non-insulting way to the other person.

I'll kind of notice and process everything that's wrong with a person in my head as related to any issue, but instead of telling them, i'll try and drop them, just going in my own direction... a lot of the time i feel like i don't have time for conflict, it wastes energy, but then i have to stop wasting energy of thinking about it in my head (Head can relate to merc, virgo's ruler, and it being in aries for me)

Gemini888

Interesting.

1. I would like to hear an apology from the other person, or at least a logical explanation. Without them I would just be madder. But I have the power to choose to get to the bottom of it or let it slide. Virgo isn't an aggressive type in the end, and it needs a reason to keep fighting.

2. Yes. I rarely use physical violence. But I fight with words a lot. I can get really bitter without knowing it. In extreme cases you can expect to hear screaming from me. But you rarely hear it, thankfully :D because I often resort to non-verbal tactic instead. A cold hard look and some finger gesture, and people get my point. When you see I'm doing that, you know I'm quite pissed off and I don't want to explain anything to you because you **** me off too much for rational talk. That's the thing about Virgo. It wants to serve, but it also wants to micromanage whenever it can to, you know, make sure everything is perfect.

3. Actually I don't dwell on anger for so long (thanks Gemini Sun and Mercury). But if someone hurts me to the point beyond amendment, the anger will be transfered to Scorpio Pluto, the outcome of which you can already guess.

Last edited:

Ukpoohbear

That's really funny!

I guess virgo make mars shy. I wonder if it being a feminine sign also contributes to passive-aggressiveness, and potentially being deceitful working ppl into a spider web, because they lack confidence to be upfront and open.

He doesn’t seem deceitful, although I can’t account for his past before I started talking to him.

He’s an expert martial artist and relayed a story to me about how he saved an old neighbour from being killed by some ‘Muslim mafia,’ and that he won without raising a fist. He staked out the territory basically. He has Mars conjunct Pluto which gives the fighting ability and a 1st house Neptune he attributes to being able to win without raising a sword.

That’s what he means when he says these jerks get these women instead of him, even though he is a nicer man and a better fighter, cos he has never had the confidence to talk to them lol. I called him infuriating once, he said it is normal for women to get infuriated with a Virgo Mars man he’s been called that many times, he needs to retreat into his shell a lot, although that is helped along by Moon conjunct Neptune.

Last edited: