Horary Receptions Debate & Poll

Which receptional direction do you find most accurate?

• Venus in Libra - Venus Hates Mars

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Venus in Libra - Mars Hates Venus

Votes: 1 100.0%

• Total voters
There are 2 schools of thought when it comes to the directionality of receptions (and to be sure there is debate as to what these receptions mean and if they should be used at all...but I am looking specifically at the direction of the reception.

I.e. If Venus is in Libra (own sign, detriment of Mars) does Venus "love" self and "hate" Mars, or does Mars hate Venus?

I have seen these used both ways and personally have been experimenting with them for a few years and find it helpful to look at them from both ways...

What do you all think?

Chrysalis

Im your first voter :biggrin:

When i first started studying horary, i bought John Frawleys book and worked with that, as couldn't really understand Lily that great.

So regarding receptions with your example of "Venus in Libra" i would have said venus doesn't like mars, as this was the way John F taught in his book.

Then i came across this site and joined up....and realized most people were reading receptions the opposite way around. So then it took me almost a full month to turn the receptions around and get used to reading them the other way around.

So now i go by "Venus in Libra" mars hates venus, with mars receiving venus by fall. But tbt a couple of times in my own charts this way around has not made sense.

So i'm still carrying on with the same receptions, but i don't know sometimes i have doubts.