Meditation...a journey from the Sun to Pluto?

Anahath

So,in my overly restless mind sprang and manifested a thought wich seemed rather too compelling to overlook and to just leave it die in the junkyard of the subconscious.It came to me that when we meditate...we abandon/dissolve our Ego[Sun] made up of our conscious mind[mercury],our subconscious mind[Moon],we let go of our earthly attachments[Venus] and get past our desires[Mars].With this,we expand our wisdom[Jupiter] and learn to dissolve our fears,limitations and karma[Saturn].Having achieved that,we discover our soul,our individual self,the one untouched by ego and karma[Uranus]...but it's not over yet.In order to find true joy and find god,we must see past the illusion of separation[Neptune]...if we truly manage to understand that we are not separated from the divine,that we are one with everything we dissolve into the infinite,nothingness and into bliss[Pluto]

So,what do you think?Does it make sense?

Last edited:

miquar

Hi. I think it does make sense, yes, and well articulated, imo. But its worth also considering it in the opposite direction, seeing the inner planets as the fulfilment of the new energies entering consciousness through the outer planets. The idea of 'getting past' the necessary and valid urges represented by the inner planets can be potentially dangerous. Balance is the key, with a healthy, flexible Saturn providing a pivot across which the balance can be achieved through trial and error. Those who identify with the inners at the expense of the outers court disaster in one form or another, but those who identify with the outers at the expense of the inners actually have very little identity at all, and may become puppets of the impersonal power of the outers rather than conscious mediators of them. You may be aware of this (or you may have considered and dismissed it) - just thought I'd put the case for the other direction, or rather both directions.

Anahath

Hi. I think it does make sense, yes, and well articulated, imo. But its worth also considering it in the opposite direction, seeing the inner planets as the fulfilment of the new energies entering consciousness through the outer planets. The idea of 'getting past' the necessary and valid urges represented by the inner planets can be potentially dangerous. Balance is the key, with a healthy, flexible Saturn providing a pivot across which the balance can be achieved through trial and error. Those who identify with the inners at the expense of the outers court disaster in one form or another, but those who identify with the outers at the expense of the inners actually have very little identity at all, and may become puppets of the impersonal power of the outers rather than conscious mediators of them. You may be aware of this (or you may have considered and dismissed it) - just thought I'd put the case for the other direction, or rather both directions.
I know what you're saying but I was only talking about meditation,not anything else...and "letting go" or "getting past" is a necessity,isn't it?

StillOne

Well, I like where you're going. Maybe we can consider it as "As above, so below. As within, so without?" Possibly chakra meditation may interest you then?

Typically there are 7 traditional chakras (Sun - Saturn would be 7). However, I've recently read there are many more and some of the higher ones extend above your crown. Possibly, then, these additional chakras may be associated with the outer planets? Or maybe we need to reconfigure which chakra is associated with which planet.

Attachments

• 10-chakras-with-man.jpg
    10-chakras-with-man.jpg
    32.5 KB · Views: 11

miquar

I know what you're saying but I was only talking about meditation,not anything else...and "letting go" or "getting past" is a necessity,isn't it?

I guess it comes down to semantics after a certain point, so its unlikely that two people are going to describe the same thing in the same way, even if they see it the same way. For me, meditation is about impartially observing what is, and consequently being less inclined to act compulsively, so yes in this sense I think there is letting go to be done. But it is self-passion that we are trying to let go of, so that we can respond to life objectively and creatively rather than from habit and defensiveness based on an ignorant, overly-egocentric view of things. This self-passion can contaminate any of the planetary archetypes.

I don't personally separate formal meditation practise from the rest of life. The same choice of being present or reacting from fear is there in each moment whether we are sitting in meditation or not. I wasn't suggesting that you are naive in any way about the spiritual or meditative path. I just wanted to throw those thoughts into the mix.

Anahath

Well, I like where you're going. Maybe we can consider it as "As above, so below. As within, so without?" Possibly chakra meditation may interest you then?

Typically there are 7 traditional chakras (Sun - Saturn would be 7). However, I've recently read there are many more and some of the higher ones extend above your crown. Possibly, then, these additional chakras may be associated with the outer planets? Or maybe we need to reconfigure which chakra is associated with which planet.
I wasn't even thinking about chakras...I used to,but that's why I have temporarily abandoned meditation...it became too much about "chakra this,chakra that"----a huge blah.Now,I don't follow any ritual whatsoever,I don't sit in some awkward position,I approach it from a totally different angle...it's less mystical but more...natural,intuitive,somehow more innocent.