Looking for a place where I will belong and embrace my masculinity

HoldOrFold

I've been studying material from arguably the most experienced relocational astrologers and the fundamental point he makes is that you need to look at the whole relocated chart as the linemaps won't show you very much useful information.

It would be interesting and useful to see the charts for the different places you've lived, including your birthplace, and the corresponding issues you had in those locations.

The chart you've posted for Sofia, Bulgaria has your Saturn/Uranus conjunction in the 4th house. This would be textbook for not feeling like home and wanting to leave. Is this where you are now?

As for femininity, your ascendant ruler is in Cancer trine Moon, which could be contributing. But in terms of a more inherent condition, your Mars, though in Aries, is square Neptune and Saturn/Uranus. Perhaps a location strengthening your Mars or a place emphasising your Leo Sun would help bring out your masculinity.

But yes, it would be great to see those charts and hear how your life was different in each location. I'm also in the early stages of developing an application which analyses all cities in the world (over a certain population) and looks for certain conditions, so I could try running your data through through that after gleaming more info from you.

HoldOrFold

Hi Hutch,

I've had a look at your current location, Vienna, to help determine some of the stuff going on. I'll then have a look at some other locations soon and we can see what other places might have in store for you.

You're going through some intense transits, here's your chart in Vienna with transits and progression. Bear in mind, Julian Lee considers the quincunx and the semi-sextile to be hard major aspects (with the quincunx being the more powerful of the two):

fgAiWGB.png

Transiting Pluto has been squaring your natal Mercury and quincunxing natal Venus, although currently it's retrograding away it will come back to tighten the square.

- Mercury is ruler of the 1st and in the 11th. This can effect how you personally come accross to others who know you and also your friendships.
- Venus ruler of the 10th and in the 10th. This can effect how you appear to others and your social standing.

With Pluto, a low end manifestation can be darkness and isolation. On the high end it can manifest as transformation and eventually power. Whether you get the low end or the high end often comes down to how in touch with yourself you are and how you are able to work with your own internal energies, but with Pluto there can be some serious work to be done on yourself.

Transiting Saturn has been opposing your natal Venus for awhile, adding to themes of difficulties with 10th house issues and how you feel you come accross. Also it has been quincunxing your Mercury, the ruler of the ascendant. Eventually it will move on, but then it will contact your Saturn/Uranus conjunction for your Saturn return. This is an important time in your life where you must face up to responsibilities and solidifying yourself as a true adult in the world.

Progressed Moon coming up to conjunct Saturn will intensify and add to this theme for awhile.

Also, Saturn is transiting your 4th house here, adding to feelings of restriction and lack in regards to your location and environment.

There is definately a theme of heaviness and isolation at the moment but these transits will pass. Generally, since your Mercury and Venus are under some intense transiting aspects and since they happen to be rulers of your ascendant and midheaven, this location might make these transits more apparent and/or amplify the effects to an extent. For the time being, you can ease the manifestation through meditation and appeasing the planetary energies through contemplation on what they are trying to teach you. This helps attract the high end of the transits so you don't need the low end manifestations.

-------

Additional Location Factors

In this location your Sun is semi-sextile the ascendant and Mars is quincunx, so it might be difficult or awkward to tap into those energies. But you do have a progressed Sun conjunction on the horizon in the next few years if you stick it out, that should be a positive in terms of how you come accross in this location, but may stimulate the 12th house by strengthening the semi-sextile to the Sun (ruler of the 12th) and Mars ruler of the 9th by quincunx. This might be escapism, possibly in the form of alcohol or other things and the desire to travel.

I'll have look at other locations soon.

Last edited:

HoldOrFold

Thank you! Actually I felt terrible on my Pluto line in Holland. Strange thing is lately I've been missing it as had better infrastructure, customer service and maintenance than Slovakia (Didnt find a job in Vienna so moved to Bratislava). I guess I got used to living in a rich country lol. I wonder if I can ever visit as my Pluto line will always be there? Maybe I felt bad due to my transits combined with it? I really miss some places there and it was soooo green compared to my part of Europe. I really wish my Pluto line wasn't there as living there was so heavy I had panic attacks and locals tended to be rude...

Vienna and Bratislava re so close but I feel worse here in Slovakia, many Slovaks and the place give me heavy energy. Strangely in Vienna I felt serene? It was just as well maintained as Dutch cities but I also felt nice around locals. Both are affected by my Moon line but it passes closer to Bratislava. I think I am more suited to life in a Western country, but am considering mainly Spain as the locals are said to be very friendly and extroverted (will help me in shredding my shell/shyness). Also my Mars will get stronger and I prefer to be Leo Asc Leo than Leo/Virgo. Italia is off limits as somehow most Italians I meet here dislike me instantly. I also feel like any prospects of love life here are off, there is no chemistry with women here. Really getting fed up with traveling and loking for a place to settle down and become friends with the locals.
Anyway, thank you for your help and excuse my woe is me attitude but when you don't feel fitting in your home country you look elswhere.

Because you have some hard transits to Venus and Mercury, some places which otherwise might be more manageable might be more difficult for awhile. Your natal Venus has an, albeit wide, opposition to Saturn/Uranus and that dynamic is being particularly triggered at the moment.

In Toledo, Spain, you've got a Leo ascendant and it moves your Saturn/Uranus out of the 4th house which is a good thing. The Sun is in the 12th house though, but this would be a recurring theme with places with Leo as the ascendant because your Sun is at an early degree of Leo, so it will almost always be in the 12th house if you're Leo rising. The same goes for Mars if you're ascendant is Aries. In Toledo, you still have Taurus on the Midheaven so the Venus/Saturn/Uranus dynamic is going to be amplified and with the transits.

There is never a perfect location, but there are always improvements, sometimes great ones. Julian Lee's analogy is it's like when you turn your pillow over to the cool side. You're moving difficult planets out of certain houses into other ones, they never go away but the effects can be minimised while amplifying positive factors.

I got the software I'm developing to find a place where you're a Leo rising with Sun in the 1st and Aries on the Midheaven. Out of the very few places available, there's a place in Portugal called Funchal. Here your ascendant is at 0 degrees Leo, placing your Sun in the 1st with a tight conjunction to the ascendant. As a bonus, your Midheaven is no longer Taurus but moves into Aries instead with Mars in the 9th house. Mars trines the ascendant and Jupiter sextiles the ascendant. The Saturn/Uranus stuff is out of the 4th house, however Pluto occupies the 4th. It would seem in this place you could definitely embrace your masculinity since your ascendant ruler is the Sun and Midheaven ruler is Mars and those planets are well placed here.

I'll have a look at some places in South America. There's a lot of Taurus rising there which would amplify the Venus issues which is not ideal but we'll see if anything good comes up, I just need to tweak my software around and see if it can find anything interesting.

Here's the chart for Funchal, Portugal:

kYqhFke.png

Last edited:

HoldOrFold

Thank you! Only Portugal? I am ***** up then, I can never learn the local language there. I know English, French and can learn Spanish. Don't see myself learning any other language soon as I don't feel them.

USA, UK, Ireland and Australia maybe? Argentina has a Moon line so no thanks, this is the first and last time I live on a moon line. I didn't want to leave Europe but apparently I don't have choice. Good thing is now I know and I won't waste my money anymore for any European trips and vacations. With just three major lines - Pluto, Moon and Jupiter in Europe it is evident the message is move to another continent. Which I will not be able to afford any time soon. But it's good that now I will do the same I did on my Pluto line - isolate myself from locals to survive. I want to be with people but I don't feel they want to be with me.

Yes, only that city in Portugal or Laayoune/El Aaiun in the Western Sahara have that configuration with Leo rising and Sun in the 1st. If it's just a degree different then you're a Cancer rising and the Moon will be ruling or your Sun will be in the 12th house, so it has to be precise to 1 degree for this condition to exist. But as a compromise you can have Sun in the 12th or Cancer rising, it just won't be as powerful as this configuration since you'll loose one of those factors.

Don't worry about the astrocartography lines, I wrote a bit about this in my post about what I learned from Julian Lee who is the most experienced relocational astrologer. The lines just show 2% of the picture so they don't indicate very much.

What were the cities you lived on your Moon line? It would be good to correlate it to a chart to see what the issues were. In Vienna, for instance, your Moon is on the I.C. but Saturn/Uranus are in the 4th house. Both Saturn and Uranus in the 4th indicate a lot of difficulties in a relocated location, Lee ranks Uranus in the 4th as one of the worst places for a relocation and Saturn close behind, so it could very well be that your difficult experiences on your 'Moon line' are really attributed to Saturn/Uranus in the 4th, which would make sense. But it is still possible to have Moon on the I.C. but with Saturn/Uranus in the 5th in some locations.

In England, you have Leo rising but with Sun in the 12th. The Saturn/Uranus is not in the 4th which is good but Pluto is very close to the I.C. The Midheaven is still in Taurus though, which is quite typical for you in lots of Europe and puts Venus+Saturn dynamic still in the forefront.

Ireland is the same story as England but your Mercury also moves into the 12th, but Pluto moves further away from the I.C.

I'd like to have a look at Australia and North America soon as well, they're big so there should be some nice variation.

Last edited:

HoldOrFold

Hello, please don't look at Australia, not a chance to go there. :D USA is even a big stretch, I could never afford it any time soon. So far in Europe, I think about these:
- the UK, Ireland
- Iceland
- Austria
, Germany (but those societies all value reservedness/introversion too much?)
- Bordeaux area in France (the rude French?)
- Spain or Portugal
- Sweden, but what about the long winters and the very reserved/aloof locals? Still a big choice IMO.

I avoid those on my Pluto line as my body/health got very bad there... I want a place where most locals will be open to me, or at least not give me negative energy like the Dutch or coldness/closeness/aloofness/no energy like Slovaks (srs people here act like I am invisible), where also customer service is good and they smile more than those in Prague/Bratislava. Having no response but a blank stares to "Hello" and "Have a nice day!" is rude in any case, not to mention having your change thrown that some coins go to the floor....

I don't think my chart in say Madrid or Seville is that bad, it's much better than in Sofia or Vienna I think with the release of Mars and an ASC in Leo? Why is Leo in the 12th so bad?

Vienna and Bratislava are on my moon line. I enjoyed the feel of Vienna more and customer service is much better there. In Slovakia shop workers are very very rude and people are very closed off/reserved. No small talk, but I guess in Austria would be the same. I think you might be right about ACG lines as once I entered Austria I suddenly felt very serene, like I've had a past life there maybe? And the locals were very polite to me. In Slovakia most of them are not. Maybe I was an Austrian who hated Slavic people haha? Considering that my charts in both Vienna and Bratislava are very similar, is it possible for other factors like a past life to influence our experience and the way locals see us?

Thing is while I felt at home in Austria, I think they as a society tend to be on the reserved side. But I sure was treated better there by locals and more girls checked me out, while most Slovak females never look my way and seem to be ignoring me/giving me the cold shoulder. Guys do the same, so I have no really close local friends. I bet this might be some past life issue as one wise woman told me that the reason why most Dutch people instantly hated me is in a past life I have killed Dutch people lol. So maybe I belong to Austria? I felt more serene there than when I am back to my home town, it was surreal, like I was on weed in Vienna. I've only felt that instant excitement/serenity in Paris where I have a minor Venus line (and most likely a past life as a Frenchman). In my home town I treasure my memories and relative BUT it's just nostalgia, no serenity/calmness there. Of course that might be the excitement of being in Vienna but I always feel recharged when I go to Vienna, yet Bratislava makes me feel tense/sad. :)

I liked the Portuguese people I met here, very friendly. Some of the Spaniards too and I prefer to learn Spanish language after French as it is easier than Portuguese, the pronunciation more closely matches what is written.

Now I am wiser and know that Slavic and Germanic societies are way too reserved for me to feel welcome there and to boot Slavic ones lack good customer service, standard of living and infrastructure usually (all things that are present in Germanic ones). I think infrastructure and customer service in the Iberian peninsula might be slightly better than in Slavik countries but I wonder if that serenity can overwrite my experience and make the otherwise reserved Austrians take a liking to me? Maybe I should ask for karmic reading?

Your Mars Quincunx Ascendant and Saturn Quincunx Midheaven are present in both Bratislava and Vienna, however the quincunxes are tighter in Bratislava.

Transits during the times of your visits to these places should also be taken into consideration, as they can completely change perception.

Where in Holland did you live? In Amsterdam, you have Leo asc with Sun in the 12th. I wonder if the issues you had there was partly to do with Aquarius on the desc ruled by your Saturn/Uranus conjunction perhaps set off by transits.

There are some interesting aspects to your relocated Vertex points. I notice for instance, in Holland, you've got Venus quincunx Vertex and Mercury opposite Vertex. These are not present in Paris. Some say the Vertex is like a secondary descendant and can attract certain people (and perhaps also reactions) in certain places.

Iceland's an interesting one, it's Leo asc with Sun in the 12th, like much of Europe, however your Midheaven moves into Aries with Mars in the 9th. You should notice an interesting difference here than a lot of Europe but not as dramatic as that island in Portugal. A more dramatic difference would require a further relocation.

HoldOrFold

I definitely feel like the Sun 12th is the source of my issues with withdrawing from people and attracting bullies. But a Sun in 11th might be offset by the Pluto line? I know the NL was hell for me due to that line. So the question is Copenhagen/Malmo vs Stockholm vs... Germany? And I wonder why my Sun there is in 11th but in central Europe is in 12th? In Munic my Sun is in the 12th yet in the very close Potsdam it's in the 11th?

OMG, I have information overload haha :)

So it sounds like Denmark, Sweden and parts in Eastern Germany would be to best according to AstroClick Travel for me.
I guess I'll have to study a Germanic language it seems lol. Thing is people there are reserved? Maybe sun in the 11th house of community will make me feel like I belong?

I really cannot make my mind if the Sun in 11th vs 12th or a blocked by Asc mars is a bigger issue? The more I study, the more complicated it becomes. It seems like there is no place in Europe where I can combine a Mars that is not opposing my Asc and Sun in 11th or any other house but the 12th. Really, really weird. I bet that my Asc opposing Mars would matter less in the Nordic countries as they embrace sensitivity in guys and women there are more pro-active. :) But dies really Mars Quincunx Ascendant Virgo signify repressed male energy, or is this incorrect? The more I look into things, the more difficult it is to chose a place to relocate. Hopefully I will have a year and a half at least before I move.

Yes, the more you study the more complexities are there. I try and stick to the fundamentals that Julian Lee uses which means there is a threshold of complexity.

Another very important factor to take into consideration is the condition of the ruling planet of the angles. So a Virgo rising will function different to a Leo rising by the condition of Mercury and the Sun respectively and will emphasize those planets and their aspects/house-location etc. A Leo rising with Sun in the 12th is going to emphasize that Sun more than a Virgo with the Sun in the 12th, so that's something to take into consideration.

Also, I'd definitely try and get the Sun/Uranus out of the 4th house.

You're beginning to see the difficulty of finding a place with several positive factors in place, this is why Funchal, Portugal was an interesting find as it's the only place you have Leo rising with Sun in the 1st and an Aries Midheaven, and there was some good aspects to the angles.

I believe I saw some Leo rising places in Germany where Sun is in the 11th, I'll double check.

HoldOrFold

In Funchal there are not enough jobs, I checked and certainly not in my field. Maybe it can become my vacation spot. :lol:

"A Leo rising with Sun in the 12th is going to emphasize that Sun more than a Virgo with the Sun in the 12th, so that's something to take into consideration."
Yes, but I was withdrawing too much in the Netherlands where I had Leo rising with Sun/12. In those cities I list in Germany and the one in Austria it's Virgo rising but Sun in the 11th, which is good imo? Also, most importantly, my Mars is free to breath there as there is no Mars Quincunx Asc there. I have this quincunxin my home town where I grew up and apparently in almost every city I've been so far save for the Dutch ones (but there I was very close to my Pluto line and I felt it hard) and I really don't appear strong enough to people. I now the Pluto line had an effect as my positions were more or less the same in Paris as in most Dutch cities but in Paris I felt normal, while in the Netherlands my body went insane with all kinds of weird symptoms.

Yeah, it's too bad Funchal is so small.

The Sun in the 12th seems to certainly play a part in the issues you face and Leo asc with Sun in the 12th probably more so. I think another big factor is having your Venus as the ruling planet of the Midheaven since your natal Venus is opposed by your natal Saturn/Uranus conjunction. Normally, Venus as ruler of the 10th and in the 10th would be fantastic place for a harmonious Venus, but when it's natally opposed by Saturn/Uranus it should very well bring that stress into the limelight.

Here's a list I generated of cities in Europe with your Ascendant/Midheaven's and planets in houses: http://teachmeastrology.com/files/hutch_europe_houses.html
*cells highlighted green is your midheaven ruler, yellow is ascendant ruler

If there's a place with Leo rising and Sun in the 11th with an Aries Midheaven, that should really bring some fresh dynamics into play but it appears that's not possible. All the places with Aries Midheaven's have either Leo rising with Sun in the 12th or Cancer rising (except Funchal but it's too small).

The Cancer rising places would be a different dynamic than you're used to. I'd have to look into them in detail, but at a glance you'd have ascendant ruled by Moon in the 5th house and Aries Midheaven with Mars ruling from the 9th and the Sun will be in the 1st house. These places are:
  • La Laguna
  • Las Palmas de Gran Canaria
  • Santa Cruz de Tenerife
  • Telde
^ All in Spain

The rest of the Aries Midheaven areas have Sun in the 12th.

Your Midheaven should function great in these places since your natal Mars is well aspected. The concern I'd have with your Moon is that it has a tight semi-sextile to your Saturn/Uranus conjunction.

HoldOrFold

Thank you very much that's a great birthday present. :smile:
I don't know if my Sun return is why I am so moody lately but I was thinking and reading a lot about friendliness to expats, making local friends and it seems like Germany and Austria are not really easy to fit in...

Happy birthday!

*That table just shows basic info of the houses. I'm working on the software being able to rank factors like quincunxes, planetary strength etc. so it should be able to automatically rank places by many factors soon and pick out the best locations. Until then, I look at the aspects manually.

Transiting Saturn has been opposing your Venus and quincunxing your Mercury for some time. Currently, transiting Venus is conjunct your natal Venus and semi-sextile Mercury and opposite transiting Saturn, so it's triggering the longterm Saturn transit at the moment. Also, your progressed Moon is catching up to transiting Saturn and then eventually your natal Saturn. These are heavy influences which could explain how you feel at the moment, but it will pass.

I was told that my luck is supposed to be far from my home town, but maybe it is not abroad? America is totally unrealistic, got no nerves for visas and no money for moving...

Saturn is transiting your 4th house, Lee says this indicates some karma in relation to the land that you occupy and it tends to keep you fixed in the location for awhile. And I notice a lot of your selections keep Saturn in the 4th, this is quite typical for the transit actually since there's stuff to be worked out in the actual location until it moves on.

When the time is right, you might find the opportunity to move to a place with very different dynamics, but for the foreseeable there should be some positive improvements to be seen in places in Europe.

Graz in Austria looks the best (I use this loosely) in my opinion from the continental cities, with Neptune in 5th and also a Mars unaffected by the quinx... with the Ascendant. I use the relocation chart at Astro.com for that. Do you agree? There are definitely more non-touristic jobs there, so it is the most realistic. I don't mind the Sun in house 11, much better than 12, for me to free Mars and no sun in 12th are the main important factors. Of course, I can make the canary islands and Funchal my holiday destinations to get the energy for a week or two. :tongue: Linz and Vienna don't look bad as well, but Vienna is maybe too close to my Moon line and my Mars is quinxed (sp) with my Asc. in both. Maybe this blocked Mars is the reason why I don't fit here in Bratislava as I don't see a difference between Graz and Bratislava in your list?

These are the aspects for Graz:
  • Sun Opposition Vertex 2.50
  • Sun Sextile Midheaven 7.80
  • Moon Sextile Vertex 2.06
  • Moon Square Ascendant 4.39
  • Moon Conjunct I.C. 3.24
  • Mercury Sextile Midheaven 3.31
  • Mars Quincunx Ascendant 3.03
  • Jupiter Trine Vertex 1.32
  • Jupiter Square Ascendant 1.02
  • Saturn Conjunction P. of Fortune 0.14
  • Saturn Trine Ascendant 4.42
  • Saturn Quincunx Midheaven 3.21
  • Uranus Conjunction P. of Fortune 0.93
  • Uranus Trine Ascendant 3.63
  • Uranus Quincunx Midheaven 4.00
  • Chiron Sextile Ascendant 1.59
  • Vertex Quincunx Ascendant 2.34

The quincunxes to the angles are certainly wider at +3 degrees.
The Sun is in the 11th house, however as a Virgo rising Leo rules the 12th house so the Sun isn't particularly strong here so the Sun in the 11th house wouldn't be as strong as if it were a Leo rising location, however it surely beats Sun in the 12th.

I didn't get why Taurus in mid heaven is bad, Venus is opposed, but I no longer want any love in my life?

Your love life is primarily governed by the condition of the 7th house and it's ruler, not so much Venus although it is another indicator of these things. According to Julian Lee's observations, you could have a messed up natal Venus, but as long as your 7th house is strong (by occupants and ruler) then you will attract positive romantic relationships. The same goes for any other house.

So you could read an astrocartography map, click on your 'Moon line' and it tells you this place is going to feel like home and you'll do great at real-estate etc. But it won't tell you that your Moon is debilitated in Scorpio and under duress by a semi-sextile to Saturn, so by moving here it will bring this stress into the forefront of your life.

With a Taurus Midheaven, it forces your Venus to be the ruler of your Midheaven related things, such as your public appearance, social standing etc. This might be great for someone with a strong, harmonious Venus. But someone who has a stressed out Venus, then the Midheaven functions in a more difficult way.

An analogy could be the following: Imagine you have a woman and a man working for you. However, the particular woman working for you is disabled both physically and mentally, but the man is fully able bodied and quite talented. You have to choose one of these people to be in charge of your P.R. campaign to determine your reputation among the local population. So while you might not care about your love life, or feminine things, having the disabled woman in charge of your reputation would bring more detrimental results than if the man was in charge simply because they're in charge of your local reputation.

That said, although I think you'd see some more ease with Mars ruling the angle, having your Venus rule isn't too bad and can help you evolve and work on the opposition to bring about more positive effects. Saturn oppositions just require some work and personal growth and there's always great rewards for your efforts over the longterm. Some of the most successful people have difficult Saturn aspects, it seems to correlate with eventually manifesting greatness after much work.

I sure wouldn't go to Belarus, as it's hard there. :sideways: Maybe Plovdiv looks nice, but still like in Sofia my Mars is affected by the Virgo ascendant there... Athens, Greece has Neptune in 5th and Gemini Midheaven but it's earthquake-prone and Mars Quincunx Ascendant... Hamburg and Hanover look interesting, a Leo with Sun in 11th. Sounds good, but they're a bit close to my Pluto line.

The Gemini Midheaven could be good but I'd personally avoid Mars quincunx Ascendant areas. Hamburg's Pluto is in the 3rd house so it's on the good side of the line, if it were in the 4th and close to the I.C. then it would be much stronger.

If I have to live with it, so be it, I no longer care. I am not going to move continents to ease it any time soon so I have to live with it. If my Mars is freed by the Asc, wouldn't that be beneficial? In my experience so far, the AstroCartoGraphy lines are stronger in influence than the planet's positions. I think my very long unlucky streak is more due to karmic deed.

There's many factors to take into consideration, but planetary conjunctions to angles are indeed strong and are more immediately noticeable. As are the 'minor' aspects, such as the quincunx which is actually a major hard aspect.

But I can definitely testify to the great importance of the other houses and their rulers. I was born in Canada, but my family moved to the UK when I was young and I have lived there ever since. In the UK, I have Jupiter in the 2nd and ruling the 2nd, tight sextile Moon in the 4th conjunct the I.C. There, I have inherited property and made money from renting out rooms. With Jupiter in the 2nd and ruling the 2nd and well aspected, I should be blessed with money and with Jupiter sextile Moon conjunct the I.C., it wouldn't be suprising if it were from property. It so happens that this is exactly the case for me there. Also, there, my Pluto is in the 11th house opposite Mercury. All my friends there seem to have connections with various powers. My best friend's father was a high level english mobster in the 80's, my other good friend's father works with the government and has family in Europe connected to the mob, his uncle was an assassin.

However with Mercury ruling my midheaven (Virgo MC) and Mercury being opposite Pluto, I have had many issues with power struggles in the workplace and have witnessed some corruption, but I now work for myself. The Mercury/Pluto opposition is at the forefront for me since there I am also a Scorpio rising in the UK. Another significator of the 11th is technology and there I have learned programming and it is tied to my career developing software for recruitment companies, I have also done work in sales (Mercury in the 5th). Contrast to Scorpio being on my I.C. and Pluto in the 3rd in Canada, that's where I had many dark family issues including dark paranormal phenomena in our house and my sister turning schizophrenic/possessed (3rd also signifies siblings).

I've also noticed some interesting things when I fly into Canada. My hometown is in British Columbia, there I have Aquarius on the descendant ruled by Uranus which is semi-sextile Saturn. There, I feel women have quite a hard-feminist vibe and are a bit awkward. But I often change flights in Calgary where I have Pisces on the descendant ruled by Jupiter/Neptune which are positively aspected (also Venus/Moon in the 7th house). In Calgary airport it's like every woman is looking at me, and recently I asked a stewardess a question there and she pressed her body up against me while smiling and answering my question in a flirty way. It was insane. After several hours of this, I get on the plane and the stewardesses are very nice and smiling at me but then as we approach Vancouver I hear one of them make a kind of hard-feminist comment and then the vibe changes considerably in Vancouver. From there a lot of the other chart factors also come into play.

After reading Julian Lee's material, since he's had so much experience with relocating clients and sees this stuff everyday, a lot of his work resonated with me as well, so now I use his fundamental techniques.

HoldOrFold, in your list for Bremen it says Sun in the 11th but Astro.com says it's in the 12th house?

Ah yes, there your Sun is right on the cusp of the house. On astro it's got your 12th house as 1 degree Leo and 36 minutes and my software has it at 1 degree Leo and 35 minutes. The smallest difference possible! :D The timing of your birth down to seconds could change the house in this situation, but since it's so close I'd definately read that as conjunct the 12th house cusp.

Oh my God, with so much issues it's better to go back where it all started and never travel again. :) I haven't felt better than in my home town anywhere except in Paris and Vienna but that might be only incidental.

To Sum up, I can see the best places in the countries with reserved societies such as Austria, Germany, Denmark, Sweden, plus the hot/extroverted one Greece (but they dislike people from my country and it's a quake-prone zone). The message is clear: Any move is useless, stay at home. I don't think anyone in those countries likes Bulgarians, so I will be treated not like I want. :)

I'm convinced there's some amazing places in the world for you, there's no rush a relocation is a big thing in one's life. Also with Saturn transiting the 4th this may actually take longer and need more consideration than usual.

Last edited:

HoldOrFold

These are the aspects for Graz:
  • Mars Quincunx Ascendant 3.03
Astro.com doesn't list this for some reason.

Anyway, Taurus-Venus... The message I get from all those negative aspects are: "Go right back where you started from, traveling is not for you" i.e. my home country. Nothing to find abroad really. I am disappointed by every place I've traveled to, really, especially by the people so...won't miss it. I've come to the conclusion that to me traveling is a big waste of time, nerves and money. We have a saying that one only feels good when home.

I have burnout, I feel too fed up with exploring, I just want to settle down and have a family. I feel no interest in seeing the Americas, no spiritual connection. Nor Africa, Asia or Australia. I've felt something to France and Germany I think. I like the sound of the German language and their nature.

Astro.com's default settings uses a small orb for quincunx because they consider it a minor aspect, however it's definitely a more important aspect than is thought in the mainstream. I use a standard orb for all aspects and deduce the strength manually at the moment. If you're getting strong effects from the quincunx at relatively wide orbs then it's still a good idea to keep an eye on it at 3+ degrees imo.

What we're trying to do here in relocation astrology is almost trying to re-organise fate and elements of the ego to bring more ease into elements of life. Astrology aside, if you're determined and positive thinking, you will sublimate your chart and only attract the highest manifestations of chart configurations. Astrology, at the end of the day, is a study of the ego. When you start dissolving issues in yourself, your outer world will reflect your inner state of harmony. In some places issues will be brought to the surface more than other places, but honestly you can live a good life anywhere and attract what you want if you work on yourself and your point of attraction.

With Saturn transiting the 4th and coming up to your Saturn return in the 4th, maybe it is about staying put right now since there is some kind of responsibility towards the land you are on and your roots. If you have $5.95 to spare, I'd recommend downloading this audio file from Julian Lee about getting over Saturn transits: https://geostelar.selz.com/item/55481706b798720fc00e1b02

HoldOrFold

I am really descending into isolation but this is the only way to remain sane. I am either ignored or people just don't listen to anything I say. If I have to listen and never speak and be treated as part of the furniture I'd rather watch TV than go anywhere with my collegues. I thought that after 16 years of poor treatment, bullying, power struggles, offences and the resulting depression/anxiety I am due to happyness but I guess life for some like me is not meant to be enjoyed. If it's an endless s*ckfest I will have to isolate myself... no other option and I avoid negative behavior so I will avoid people. I just dislike the weird dismissing/cold or rude way people act toward me. If I my words end on deaf ears why be sociable?

My last chance is somewhere in Germany or Austrial where I don't get a Mars quincux (sp) Asc... good luck in finding one...all the major cities (=work + more acceptance as a non-local) are off the mark.

With your Saturn transits, this is typically a time where you'd have difficult issues like the ones you're bringing up, but the heaviness will lift after awhile. Negativity typically creates a feedback cycle where you have negative stimulus which creates negative emotion and then attracts negative circumstances/reactions which then amplifies and perpetuates the cycle. You can gain more control and more positive situations through introspection, contemplation, meditation and emotional control. When you're in a more grounded and in-control state, you can start visualising what you want, the key is to try and feel the way you would feel if you had what you want. The more you bring those positive feelings into your life, the more you will break the cycle and start attractive situations in line with those positive feelings.

It's not easy but it can be done. I'd recommend going on Youtube and listening to some of Abraham Hicks' material and some Eckart Tole as well, that should help a lot if you can apply it.

re: the Mars/Asc quincunx, it seemed to be having quite an effect on you, so I'd suggest the greater the orb the better. I'd imagine anything bigger than 3 would diminish it considerably, here are some places where it's separated more than 4 degrees but still with Sun in the 11th house:
  • Halle Neustadt
  • Neue Neustadt
  • Magdeburg
  • Kiel
  • Gera

HoldOrFold

Unfortunately I think I have an overractive empathy. The only thing that helps is isolating myself from everyone and living in such a way as making myself believe other people are just not there, acting like rhey are invisible, avoiding eye contact and only looking at objects or empty space.

I am an empath but I don't want any of it. Is this caused by the Mars/Asc quincunx?

I know I am empath as I feel people's emotions and stress like mine. I just want it to stop as it makes me hate people. I tried grounding meditation but I am too lazy to continue with it.

All the binaural beats on YouTube are for developping empathy/intuition but I want to become thicker skinned and not be affected by the emotions of others. I was friendzoned by a third female today and felt the panic attack. Thank God for alcohol. I guess I will go back to just eating/sleeping/working and listening to binaural beats 24/7, avoiding any music, TV, press and most people as it's just too much for me to take.

Even when I was grounded I never got what I visualized. The more I care the worse. I want thicker skin, my mind to stop be racing/overactive, and ditto for my empathy. If I have any psychic ability, I want to lose it forever in exchange of becoming normal. Maybe I will try smoking something.

But thank you for the suggestions, they are nice. Kiel even has Dutch-like feel. :) without beeing too close to my Pluto line.
Basically any German OR Austrian city is fine (I think Austria is more laid-back but I prefer cooler summers like those in most of Germany).

Affecting change in your personality and in your point of attraction is hard work at first. We get into habitual patterns which are initially very hard to break out of, but when you create new habits, after a couple of months they become automatic.

If I were you, I'd ditch the binaural beats etc. and start meditating. Meditation will effectively help you become thicker skinned, but you shouldn't use any music or anything because they're distractions and like crutches. Just stare at a wall for 20 minutes a day and focus on the space between your thoughts. The negative patterns in your life stem from internal blockages in your psyche which manifest as ego-structures, or personalities, which seek negative experiences to feed their existence. It may not seem like it, but there would actually be an ego-structure pretending to be you that desires the negative experiences and feeds off the negative emotion.

Through meditation, these parts of you dissolve, and all you have to do is sit still and notice the space between your thoughts. When you've done this for a while, you'll have some space within you, and then visualisations will work more effectively, as long as you combine it with strong positive emotion. Until then, trying these things is like putting a band-aid on an infected wound... you have to purge it first.

re: the more you care the worse it seems... that's because by feeling really needy, you're actually further from the feeling of having what you want, so you get more of situations which make you feel needy. By feeling the emotion you would have by having what you want, you're generating your positive emotions internally and become less needy on things outside yourself, you then ironically start attracting things in line with your internal positive emotions.

This effect is even mentioned in the Bible: "For whoever has will be given more, and they will have an abundance. Whoever does not have, even what they have will be taken from them." - Matthew 25:29

Also lifting weights, especially squats, will help with becoming thicker skinned and more confident.

I'm suggesting all of this because I've gone through some extremely rough times myself and these are the things which have completely turned my life around.

HoldOrFold

HoldOrFold, thank you for everything! I wonder why does for Kiel for example astro.com says:

Note: The Sun is technically near the end of house 11 and is therefore interpreted in house 12.

I guess Eastern Germany would be better? So far I think Sweden, Germany, Austria and Denmark have potentially beneficial for my Mars cities but also sun still in the 11th. Thanks to you now I know rest of western Europe is better avoided and I should make Madeira and Tenerife my default summer vacation destinations. I really appreciate it as before you, most people told me to just focus on the planetary lines.

But I am really unsure why astro.com's analysis don't match yours? You tried to explain it but I don't get whic one is the real?

Yeah, there's a school of thought that believes planets are strongest at the start of a house, least strong in the middle and medium strong towards the end. Julian Lee seems to use that system, but many others use the planet being interpreted as the next house towards the end of the house. So I'm still deciding how to handle planets towards the end of a house in my software, which is still in the very early stages of development. I'll have to do more research on this to decide which system to use, or the orbs for it to be considered in the next house.

Until then, it's safest to assume planets further away from the next house are solidly in the house they occupy. Just note that when you make the chart for any suggestions that come up for now.

Do you think a freed Mars will fix the issue with never being good enough for a lover, boyfriend or husband? I always get to be accepted as a friend, many women want to be close to me but just as friends
I attract way too many women that want to be my friend and it's annoying as I prefer male friends, I miss the brotherly camaderie. Yet with guy friends it's the opposite -- most guys go cold around me. I think this can be explained by the Mars qui. Asc issue? It also makes me appear I lack the fire needed to make a women fall for me. It was a theme in my home city also. But does it also explain the lack of love I have for myself, my eagerness to please others and putting their needs and feelings above mine? Even if I am acting on my right I still feel physically bad/stressed because my body thinks I am abusing them or being wrong.

I think astrology, relocation in particular, can help but it's only half the picture. The other half of the picture is self-development and an internal change that you have to undergo and that's fundamentally more important. External things, environments etc., can be more or less supportive for you, but ultimately it will come down to you to make the change no matter where you are.

The more inner strength and positivity you have, the more you will be able to benefit from the transits to your chart or the locational aspects, and the less you will be influenced by the negative side. This should also be an important thing to master internally even in your current location. There are better places in the world for certain things, but the planets never disappear, they just move around and rule different houses so their energies have to be faced in some sphere of life eventually.

re: relationships and social life, sometimes it's a numbers game. Worst case scenario, let's say you decide to massively improve your social skills. You go out and talk to 10 strangers a day, 3 times a week, over a year that's 1560 people. Over that time your social skills will have improved amazingly and you would have much more confidence than your average person. You would have many experiences, amazing, terrible, good and bad. But you would have acquired many good friends and probably many lovers too. It's all in your control, but it can mean doing things very differently and facing lots of fear.

I watched a video once about a guy who was border-line autistic, who had a terrible social life and felt everyone hated him, and he couldn't get girls. Through working on himself and going out and talking to tonnes of people every other day, he's become a master of social situations and has 'dated' thousands of women. If you can do 1/100th of what he's done your life would be completely different. Not easy all the time though.

Last edited:

HoldOrFold

Anyway, I saw some minor lines on AstroClick Travel and Germany looks like even better (if I remember correctly a minor Mercury line), I have positive lines there. Strangely through Vienna my Mars qui. Asc passes through but not through Bratislava yet I felt better there? Considering I loved Paris because of a minor Venus line there I think even minor lines have an effect.

Bratislava and Vienna are both 2 degree Virgo ascendants with the Mars quincunx. Bratislava has a tighter orb, by only about half a degree though. You can see this if you do the charts on astro.com

Even in Funchal I have a Vebus crippled by Saturn.

The aspects between your planets don't change when you move, only the angles/houses. A big part of relationships is the condition of the 7th house rather than Venus specifically.

Seems like I won't find love if I stay in Europe...

There's a resolvable paradox between taking action and not seeking external validation. If you prefer to isolate yourself now go for it, it's a textbook time transit wise for this. But expect internal rather than external manifestations from it.

I wish you the best of luck with this going forward.

HoldOrFold

A couple of weeks ago, I discovered another very experienced relocation astrologer: Moses Siregar III. I bought his $200 course and am going through it now and picking up a few more techniques.

Something he highlights as important is 'parans' which is the entire latitude of planetary crossings. He says if you're within 1 degree latitude of a paran then you feel it, and the closer you are the stronger it is.

It's a very complicated thing to calculate, so I can't plug it into my software yet. I've got to find a way of calculating them automatically, until then each location should be checked on astro.com's astroclick travel manually to see if it's on a paran line.

To do that:
- Go to astroclick travel
- Select the scalable google map from the drop down menu
- Zoom in to the city and click it
- On the right hand side where it describes the area click show details at the top
- Where it says "You have clicked on the geographical position " note the latitude
- Click on each crossing and scroll to the bottom and compare the clicked latitude to the crossing latitude. If within 1 degree then it's effective. Ignore the km west value since it's largely irrelevant.

HoldOrFold

Ok, I've somehow managed to plug in those parans.

You've actually got two amazing double Sun/Jupiter and Jupiter/Sun paran crossing lines next to eachother at 49n54 and 49n08. Somewhere like Nuremburg (or anywhere of that latitude) sits right in the middle of them.