Followers

Opal

Premium Member
I am curious what aspects, configurations, houses and signs make good followers? I see strength's and leadership in all houses and signs, but am wondering what makes for a good follower?

Thanks for your input. Opal

JUPITERASC

I am curious what aspects, configurations,
houses and signs make good followers?
I see strength's and leadership in all houses and signs, but
am wondering what makes for a good follower?
Interesting question :smile:
your definition of "a good follower" would be useful

Opal

Premium Member
It could be at anything.
At work.
At home.
At religious venues.

Who prefers not to be in charge, not to pick for themselves.

What in a natal chart depicts a follower?

JUPITERASC

People that are not leaders.
People that prefer to not be in charge.
People that take direction rather than direct.
It could be at anything.

At work.

At home.
At religious venues.
Who prefers not to be in charge, not to pick for themselves.
What in a natal chart depicts a follower?

BobZemco posted the following useful traditional guidance to
".....distinguish
between
a teacher, a headmaster and a university professor;
between
an amateur athlete, an Olympic athlete, a mediocre professional athlete
and a professional athlete who receives top pay and many awards;
between
a street player, a musician in a local band, a studio musician,
a mediocre professional musician
and a musician who is nationally or world renown and has gold and platinum records/CDs....."
https://www.astrologyweekly.com/forum/showpost.php?p=264990&postcount=8

In traditional astrology, we use Mercury, Venus and Mars to determine someone's career or profession. The Midheaven in traditional astrology represents the Native's Dignity, Honor and Preferments.

In modern English, the MC is the Native's ego, status, ability to lead or command, the potential for advancement and promotion, and recognition or awards. So the MC only plays a role in one's career by setting the parameters.

As an example, someone's chart might have a heavy Mars influence, and so we might conclude (along with other factors) that the person is a leader, and then we look to the MC to tell us if this person will be the Chief Executive Officer of a major corporation or merely a low level floor manager at a restaurant or retail store, or perhaps a shop foreperson in an manufacturing facility.

It allows us to distinguish between a teacher, a headmaster and a university professor; between an amateur athlete, an Olympic athlete, a mediocre professional athlete and a professional athlete who receives top pay and many awards; between a street player, a musician in a local band, a studio musician, a mediocre professional musician and a musician who is nationally or world renown and has gold and platinum records/CDs.

After we make a determination for the Significator of Profession, which could be Mercury, Venus or Mars alone, or two of the three together, or even all three could be the Significators of Profession, we look so if we blend that with other Planets who are in aspect with the Significator, and then look to the MC.

One of the things you'll learn is that not everyone was intended to have a career or profession, and you can see that in the chart. What are those people to do? Well, the chart will tell you that too, meaning whether they're "homeless" or drift from menial job to menial job, or they're criminals or "professional students" or they don't have to work because they already have wealth or maybe they're house-wives/house-husbands or something like that.

We direct the MC using Right Ascension by Primary or Converse Motion (clock-wise/counter-clockwise) to see what happens. The aspects made to other Planets and Chart Points tells the story. You might get fired, laid off, promoted, get a new job, get huge raise, receive an award for something you did (and it may or may not be job-related -- it could be a civic award or something as part of social group you belong to).

There's another method popularized by modern astrologer Noel Tyl, called the Midheaven Extension Method, but it requires sound knowledge of traditional astrology concepts, because it is heavily dependent on things like Dispositors, Peregrine Planets, Mutual Reception, Reception, Oriental/Occidental Planets etc. There is no way to use his method without understanding those things. He uses modern concepts like the Aries/Libra Points and Midpoints as well. It also poses some problems for the reincarnation/past-life/karma/soul-mate/alien/channeling/astral body crowd, because if they cannot divorce themselves from that kind of bizarre thinking they'll never interpret the Nodes correctly (and the Nodes are important).

It'll take me a while, but I'll try to post some charts using the traditional methods and maybe try to get into Noel Tyl's method (I think he charges $400 or Euros or whatever).

Hkk

Account Closed
I am curious what aspects, configurations, houses and signs make good followers? I see strength's and leadership in all houses and signs, but am wondering what makes for a good follower?

Strangely enough I know quite a few people who follow and don’t want to lead and they are Aries. I don’t know their charts etc but was thinking is this a pattern. I know they say that Aries are leaders which is what confused me. They particular two ppl i know are strong in their Aries characteristics but follow like sheep 🐑

Opal

Premium Member
I read Bob's post, Thank you JupiterAsc.....

He says that the MC is the apex, and that Mercury, Venus and Mars and their arrangement with each other and to the MC are determining factors in the varying degrees of success.

Interesting, thank you.

Opal

Premium Member
HKK,

I also know Aries that are not leaders, but, I know leader's from every sun sign. I know followers from every sun sign as well.

It is too vague to look only to sun signs, misleading. Do you know the charts of those aries? It would be interesting to see if Bob's post rings true.

I will be looking for that in charts I know well.

Thank you for your input.

(I came down with a cold......back to bed......)

Frisiangal

Teaching methods last century in my country used to (don't know if it is still so) place importance on whether aspects were ingoing or outgoing (different to applying and separating). If the faster planet was ahead of the slower planet in the signs, it carried the slower planet's influence in its functioning; If the slower planet was ahead of the faster planet, the faster planet was under its influence.

'The follower' was seen as an ingoing Neptune to a faster personal planet. The faster planet became that which/whose influence was worshipped and idolised. Obviously a first thought is in a religious sense, yet it applies to anything that an idividual's faith 'looks up to' and can strengthen or weaken individual will.

The concept made interesting exercises in the influence effect of applying and separating aspects, according to which planet was on a higher degree.:andy:

Opal

Premium Member
Teaching methods last century in my country used to (don't know if it is still so) place importance on whether aspects were ingoing or outgoing (different to applying and separating). If the faster planet was ahead of the slower planet in the signs, it carried the slower planet's influence in its functioning; If the slower planet was ahead of the faster planet, the faster planet was under its influence.

Hi Fris, Interesting, not quite what I am talking about, but quite informative thank you. Osamenor, on a similar note, says that the strength in a house is stronger for the first planet in it than the others, if I am understanding her correctly. She was talking about my second house, that has Jupiter in Sag on the cusp and Saturn in Cap. So both of them are domicile in their own sign. But because Jupiter is first and domicile and on the cusp it is stronger. She explains it quite well in her write up on her site thebearsnose.com
Quite accurately, I handle 2nd house things like Jupiter would like, leaving poor domiciled Saturn in Cap stressed to the max......she suggested I give Saturn a separate job. I think I will have to take her advice, since I have been ignoring Saturn's needs and maybe put him in charge of the paperwork:pinched:......I know Jupiter doesn't want to do it:whistling:
'The follower' was seen as an ingoing Neptune to a faster personal planet. The faster planet became that which/whose influence was worshipped and idolised. Obviously a first thought is in a religious sense, yet it applies to anything that an idividual's faith 'looks up to' and can strengthen or weaken individual will.

Thanks Fris, I will keep this in mind, and check it out in my friends and families charts. My husband has a Libra stellium. I will check it out.

The concept made interesting exercises in the influence effect of applying and separating aspects, according to which planet was on a higher degree.:andy:

By followers, my intent is people who do not like to be in charge. People that like to be directed in life.

Always nice to read you Fris. In my head I say Fris like Free....

Frisiangal

Hi again Opal,
I was able to check the site you provided a few mins. ago, yet which has already been deleted from your post. i wonder why that was?
Unfortunately, my rapidly becoming forgetful mind can't remember the name of it, so I can't go back to check further regarding what prompted your original post query, and how Neptune is placed.:wink:

A smile did cross my lips at reading the analysis in which was written:-
If Saturn …….he...…. ; If Jupiter …. her …..
Capricorn is a feminine and passive sign, yet its ruler Saturn is perceived as 'he'.
Sagittarius is a masculine and active sign, yet Jupiter is perceived as 'she'.

I used to have a similar mindset with Libra and its ruler Venus. I always thought of it as passive feminine of nature until a fellow astrologer pointed out its character trait. I had to get a different visualisation of how the planet worked, as per Sun's influence (Leo through Capricorn) as per that of Moon influence (Cancer reverse direction through Aquarius). Its function did come over differently in my mind.
Perhaps the difference is no longer considered important in modern/younger astrologers approaches to the chart? There's no active/passive, masculine/feminine difference in influence. A planet just 'is'.

In my head I say Fris like Free....
:smile:

When I joined the forum xx years ago I typed too fast and missed the E in the pseudonym, as per on the other forum. It couldn't be corrected here and was left as it was. What's in a name???:biggrin:

'Fris' actually means 'fresh' in Dutch.
'Fries' is a person from a particular Dutch province.
The 'angal' part often gets altered to a slightly different spelling in posts as well.
Mindset working again??:smile:

Opal

Premium Member
Hi again Opal,
I was able to check the site you provided a few mins. ago, yet which has already been deleted from your post. i wonder why that was?

Was it? It's back........ :smile:

Unfortunately, my rapidly becoming forgetful mind can't remember the name of it, so I can't go back to check further regarding what prompted your original post query, and how Neptune is placed.:wink:

A smile did cross my lips at reading the analysis in which was written:-
Capricorn is a feminine and passive sign, yet its ruler Saturn is perceived as 'he'.
Sagittarius is a masculine and active sign, yet Jupiter is perceived as 'she'.

In my reading......Venus in ancient times was perceived to be male, and a warrior, only later was the myth of a feminine nature.....The duplicity of the nature of the planets natures......androgeny........I guess in different Ages what is required from the planets they supply........for the time in space that is being experienced........but then....maybe not:sideways:

I used to have a similar mindset with Libra and its ruler Venus. I always thought of it as passive feminine of nature until a fellow astrologer pointed out its character trait. I had to get a different visualisation of how the planet worked, as per Sun's influence (Leo through Capricorn) as per that of Moon influence (Cancer reverse direction through Aquarius). Its function did come over differently in my mind.
Perhaps the difference is no longer considered important in modern/younger astrologers approaches to the chart? There's no active/passive, masculine/feminine difference in influence. A planet just 'is'.

Interesting concept.....then reversing as in precession.......I feel that the planets just are.....but they all contain assertive/passive, masculine/feminine......

As I have mentioned in other posts......from The Nag Hamadi's, The Creation of Adam.....I enjoyed the premise of the planets and all 365 entities.....working together to give a piece of themselves to make Adam so that no One of them could alone take credit.......and now we have a singular God entity claiming creation.......interesting.......funny.....

:smile:

When I joined the forum xx years ago I typed too fast and missed the E in the pseudonym, as per on the other forum. It couldn't be corrected here and was left as it was.

What's in a name???:biggrin: Numerology.....yay!! :smile:

'Fris' actually means 'fresh' in Dutch.
'Fries' is a person from a particular Dutch province.
The 'angal' part often gets altered to a slightly different spelling in posts as well.

Thank you for the lesson in Dutch......my maternal Grandmother was, but always said she was Belgian, and spoke Flemish. I love the licorice........:joyful:

Mindset working again??:smile:

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^Sometimes:lol: