Sect

StillOne

The important thing to remember here, is that no astrologers were injured answering questions.

With everything so simple and readily available for free, I'm pretty surprised you're asking a question!? I'm sure everyone is excited to contribute! :joyful: You're obviously trolling! I mean why would a super astrologer like yourself need to ask any questions?
http://www.astrologyweekly.com/forum/showthread.php?t=95982

Last edited:

JUPITERASC

The important thing to remember here, is that no astrologers were injured answering questions.
curious terminology :smile:
Hi all,

Without injuring yourselves,

can anyone say in the chart below if Moon is besieged by Mars and Saturn?

If not, why not?

Does Venus break the siege by casting her rays around Moon?

If not, why not?

attachment.php

socrates

Hi Oddity,

I already wasted 20 minutes of my life reading that lame thread. What I'm hearing is no one knows how to interpret planets that are completely out of sect. Here's another chart where Venus and Mercury are completely out of sect and peregrine. Can anyone add to the delineation?

Does being completely out of sect add to the strength of the Mercury/Venus conjunction in H10? What does it do?

Can a planet be besieged if one malefic is in another sign?
I was never told my venus and sun were besieged,so I assumed the malefics had to be in the same sign

Attachments

• paul.jpg
    paul.jpg
    43.3 KB · Views: 298

IleneK

Premium Member
not sect,sign. ex mars at 12 cap venus at 14 cap sun at 18 cap and saturn at 1 aqua.I Are venus and sun besieged?

Beseiged applies to one planet at a time.
http://www.skyscript.co.uk/gl/beseiged.html

Bonatus describes a besieged planet as one that separates from a malefic and applies to another (Con. 6). It shows a situation that is going from bad to worse.

William Lilly described a planet besieged as one that lies between the bodies of the two malefics Mars and Saturn. His example is Mars at 10 ° Aries, Venus 13° Aries, and Saturn 15° Aries. It is generally accepted that besiegement can occur by aspect as well as bodily conjunction. As a principle it refers to a planet trapped by hostile forces on either side.

In the case of this chart, neither of the criteria hold for Venus. Venus separates from Mars but applies to Sun, not Saturn.
Venus also lies between Mars and Sun, not Mars and Saturn.
So I would say Venus is not beseiged.

If you follow the same thinking, Sun is not besieged either.

JUPITERASC

i see,but the chart of the OP for the Turkish coup
claimd that moon was besieged

Beseiged applies to one planet at a time.
http://www.skyscript.co.uk/gl/beseiged.html

Bonatus describes a besieged planet as one that separates from a malefic and applies to another (Con. 6). It shows a situation that is going from bad to worse.

William Lilly described a planet besieged as one that lies between the bodies of the two malefics Mars and Saturn. His example is Mars at 10 ° Aries, Venus 13° Aries, and Saturn 15° Aries. It is generally accepted that besiegement can occur by aspect as well as bodily conjunction. As a principle it refers to a planet trapped by hostile forces on either side.

In the case of this chart, neither of the criteria hold for Venus. Venus separates from Mars but applies to Sun, not Saturn.
Venus also lies between Mars and Sun, not Mars and Saturn.
So I would say Venus is not beseiged.

If you follow the same thinking, Sun is not besieged either.

JUPITERASC

SECT & REJOICING CONDITIONS :)

Sect is one of the many ways to gauge a planet’s comfortability
plus, we cover three relevant rejoicing conditions of the planets