Methods of chart interpretation

Burgos16

Time to break your chart into little pieces and see if we can put it all back together again (kind of like charlie and the chocolate factory where Mikey is put into a billion pieces and transferred whole again in the television this is what I am going to do with you :smile:.

Lets look at the Sun in your chart. (Idea: Astrology For Yourself)

The Sun Key phrases

My source, centre, will, vitality and life force.
My potential for creative expression
My ability to focus my talents and to realize my life purpose.

My planet the Sun is in the sign of ... Taurus. My Sun represents my purpose will, and power. I can best express this potential by fulfilling my need to be resourceful, productive and stable (key words for Taurus). However when I am using these sign qualities unskillfully, I may be materialistic conservative too security orientated.

After you have examined your Sun sign try and see how your Sun (sense of self) interacts with the rest of the chart. This level of interpreting is now for the more advanced student.

This is how it is broken down; using your Sun opposition Pluto aspect:
Sun = planet A Pluto = planet B

Planet A:

Planet/Sun = what (my basic identity and conscious purpose)

Sign/Taurus = how (my need to be resourceful, productive and stable)

House/4th where (establishing foundations, roots, and the source of emotional security.)

Planet A (Sun) forms an aspect to planet B (pluto) -

The opposition opposes creates tension with/needs to balance with:

Planet B

Planet/Pluto = what (my capacity to transform and renew myself.)

Sign/Scorpio = how (my need for deep involvements and intense transformations)

House/10th = where (through my career, accomplishments, fhow I unction in society. Authority figures, persons in power.)

Now, in your own words synthesize the above sentences, to form a few lines of interpretation.

Your sense of identity seems to be deeply rooted in your family, and your past. Throughout the course of your life you will cultivate being practical, persistent and enduring. The Sun in your chart represents your true sense of purpose, and is the source of your power. Following along the path of the Sun will give your life the direction you need as you 'develop' your personal resources in your private life, maybe through property, real estate or by making your psychological foundations more stable.

However, since Pluto the planet of deep transformation is connected to your sense of purpose (Sun) it is vitally important for you to know when you are in need of change and new growth. Your life may involve periodic changes which seem to erupt into your personal life and shake YOUR sense of your security and safety, especially through how you function in society, you may need to balance your home and public life.

You will learn what true inner self sustainment means from the very roots of your being. You need to balance your need for a career and powerful place in the world/society with your opposite need to feel firmly established in your roots. You can probably interpret more accurately, through adding your own experiences of this aspect. You might look at powerful authority figures in your life, your ambitions, and what inner security and upheaval/changes and transformation and achievement in the outer world mean to you. Look at your whole Sun profile this way until you build the reading up, and you can read it more fluidly with less 'astrological jargon'.

This is an excellent way to teach astrology. I have been able to somehow put it together but to teach it to another is challenging for me. I love this!

Humanitarian

Hey, everyone.

I've been studying astrology for a long time now (almost two years). I know what all the planets, signs, and houses represent. But I really struggle with chart interpretation and even more with synchronization. Completing the puzzle of a chart reading. I really think Wilsontc's astro-sentence method is a great, simple method that works, but it seems like there are so many factors that go into a chart reading.

Take the sun in my chart, for instance. (Click on the thumbnail image of the chart in my signature in order to see my chart.) The sun is an easy planet to memorize. It basically represents identity, self-expression, and vitality. Being in Taurus, the sun shows:

• I'm a patient, determined, placid, materialistic, possessive, and stubborn individual. I express myself slowly. My health is very enduring. [Sun in Taurus]
  • I identify with my home and parents. I also express myself through my home. I am able to express myself well to my parents. My home helps me "recharge my batteries." [Sun in fourth house]
  • In this case, I'd usually look at which house Leo, ruler of the sun, is on, but Leo is intercepted in the seventh house. For the sake of depth, let's assume Leo is the cusp of the seventh house.
  • That would show that I deal with a lot of people [seventh house] in my home [fourth house]. :confused: This is where things start to get confusing. Or my parents dealt with a lot of people. Factor in Taurus, and maybe the dealings were financial matters. The dealings proceded slowly.
  • I guess another way you could look at it is my spouse [seventh house] is approved by my parents [fourth house]. Wait, maybe they weren't approved by my parents. After all, the sun opposes Pluto. But it makes trines to Uranus and Neptune too, and a conjunction to Mercury! Okay, maybe it's more beneficially aspected after all....
  • And then there are the aspects. I find opposition to be very difficult to interpret. Sun opposition Pluto. Basically, you can see my identity/self-expression is unable to coexist with my need for power. What does that even mean? And then you have to take into account the signs of each planet, and the houses, and which houses each planet rules. It's really tough.
I guess what I'm looking for is some advice or explanation of how to interpret a natal chart. Maybe a small demonstration? I'm aware of the rule we have here at the AstrologyWeekly forums, so I'll make an effort to interpret my own chart, but please help me out. I think I have the potential to be a good astrologer, with Neptune and Uranus conj. Ascendant. And Neptune and Uranus trine Sun. Uranus is, of course, debateable as the significator of astrology, but I personally think it is. Sometimes I also think maybe I'm too young (15 years old) right now to fully grasp this deep science, as much as I hate to say that. Or maybe there's just something I don't understand. I don't want to shallowly interpret a natal chart... I want to be able to gather wonderful insights about other people.

Looking at my chart, which you can find in my signature. Just click on it to get a much bigger view. I'll just look at some of the key planets in my chart. I already attemped to look at the sun above, so I'll skip that one.

Moon in Sagittarius in eleventh house. Trine Venus. Trine Mars. Conjunct North Node.

Optimism, fun-loving, careless, blunt [Sagittarius] modifying emotions, instinctive reactions, mother [Moon] focused on friends, hopes, wishes [eleventh house].

• Around friends, my emotions are generally happy (or optimistic), and I bluntly show my emotions.
  • I typically respond to situations in an optimistic, carefree, and blunt way.
  • I wish I were nurtured more. There's not much Sagittarius in that... just Moon and eleventh house.
  • I hope to be a father one day. (Moon represents motherhood, but I think general parenthood too.)
  • My mother is a fun-loving, optimistic, blunt, carefree person, who focused on her friends and dreams.
  • So, now my jovial, blunt emotions/reactions focused on friends and wishes is trining [ease, cooperation] Venus [love, affection, femininity] in Aries [impulsive, direct, selfish] in second house [money, possessions, self-esteem/worth]. Impulsive, direct, selfish love and direct affection, which are focused on self-esteem and money/possessions. And this is cooperating/ease with my jovial, blunt emotions and reactions focused on friends and wishes. Sorry, but what does that even mean? :eek:
  • My jovial, blunt emotions/reactions focused on friends and wishes is easing and cooperating with Mars [masculinity, energy, drive, anger, lust] in Leo [showy, dramatic, ambitious] in seventh house [other people, spouse, open enemies]. All I can really think of, for both Moon trine Mars and Moon trine Venus, is that both of the traits in each aspect can co-exist with each other.... and co-operate to form something, but I don't know what that something is...
  • My jovial, blunt emotions/reactions focused on friends and wishes are combined with what I must develop in this lifetime. Actually... this shouldn't be too hard. I really need to cultivate my emotions and optimism in this lifetime. And I really ought to focus on friends and fulfilling my hopes and dreams.
I suppose I'll try the Ascendant too.

Practical, ambitious, disciplined, reserved, pessimistic, fatalistic, over-conventional [Capricorn] modifying outlook on life, first impression on others, how you act toward others [Ascendant].

• I look at life pessimistically, conventionally, and fatalistically.
  • My first impression on others is that I'm a practical, ambitious, reserved, pessimistic, conventional person.
  • I act in a disciplined, reserved, and conventional manner toward others.
  • Neptune conjunct Ascendant. I look at life with rose-colored glasses... and I see an illusion instead of the real thing. My first impression on others is that I'm an unrealistic dreams, who can see the good in everyone. Also, because Neptune rules the second house, money, possessions, and self-esteem are very important to me.
  • Uranus conjunct Ascendant. I look at life more differently than most people. My first impression on others is that I'm ingenius, rebellious, and unpredictable.
  • Sun Trine Ascendant. My identity and self-expression are at ease with/cooperating with my Ascenant... I guess my sun sign is rather obvious to others... I act Taurean.
  • Pluto sextile Ascendant. I have the opportunity [big sextile word] to easily transform or rebirth my life.
A lot of things contradict each other. Looking at life pessimistically [Capricorn] and with rose-colored glasses on [Neptune]. First impression on others is that I'm practical [Capricorn] and unrealistic [Neptune]. I don't know. And is it me, or does it seem robotic? I don't know how to synchronise it and to make it into a flowing chart reading.
For me, Sun opp. Pluto is more like your identity is struggling to co-exist with your need to be powerful, not unable, because we need a growth mindset in astrology, not a fixed one

DC80

Wow, all this and not even one person attempted to explain how to interpret a chart. A lot of talk. Nothing doing. That's sad.

I'll show you how to interpret charts. I'm a traditional astrologer but it doesn't matter because this is how it works whether you like it or not.

We'll start with something easy like rulers in other places because it seems people have a lot of questions about that and then we'll move to rulers in their own signs and a single star in a place and then more than one star in a place.

There is no "right" methodology. I only ask you do it the same all the time because that means you're less likely to overlook something important.

Assuming you understand the basic concepts, there are two things you need to know:

1) Sect
a) Jupiter and Saturn need to be in the daylight, meaning the day time sky. When they aren't, Jupiter is bad, Saturn is evil,
b) Moon, Venus and Mars need to be in the dark, meaning the night time sky. When they aren't, Moon ruins things, Venus is bad and Mars is evil.

2) Benefics/Malefics
a) Benefics (Jupiter/Venus) in their proper sect and compatible signs make life easy. Things are good, fun, worth every minute of it.
b) Benefics not in sect/in incompatible signs are bad. If you want a keyword think "perverse" because they pervert things. Another keyword would be "irony" or "ironic."
c) Malefics (Saturn/Mars) in their proper sect and compatible signs grant things, too, but not without pain, grief or suffering.
d) Malefics not in their proper sect/incompatible signs deny, delay, frustrate and if you get what you want it is ruined/destroyed in the end.

I work from the general to the specific, but you don't have to.

I do a quick overview of the chart. Which stars are in ineffective places (2nd, 6th, 8th, 12th) and in inoperative places (3rd place) and in effective places (1st, 4th, 5th, 7th, 9th, 10th and 11th), which are in/out of sect and that's it. I don't do moronic almutens are the silly dignity scores or anything else because that's just busy work that wastes your time and tells you nothing.

1) I start with the Asc/1st place and find the ruler and then do the same for each place and then:
2) assess the signs on each place
3) look at the trigon rulers and helpers
4) if stars are in that place I look at the face/terms
5) look at the aspects
6) if necessary, look at the dodektamoria/antiscia

The last concept you need to learn is Cause & Effect and distinguishing between direct and indirect Cause & Effect so let's start with the Ascendant/1st place.

Ruler of the 1st place in the 8th place. What's the interpretation?

You are the cause of your own death and more to the point you are directly the cause of your own death.

Basic concepts you should already know by heart:
1) Violent Signs = Aries, Libra, Scorpio, Capricorn and Aquarius
2) Human Signs = Gemini, Virgo, Libra, Sagittarius, and Aquarius

When violent signs are on the 1st/8th or a human and violent sign are on the 1st/8th it's a violent death, meaning physical.

Ruler of the 8th place in the 1st place. What's the interpretation? The same except you are indirectly the cause of your own death.

In both instances Benefics indicate a death without suffering while Malefics indicate suffering and the more malefic they are the worse it is.

Ruler of the 7th place in the 8th place. Your spouse might kill you. Or an open enemy might kill you. To make sure you understand, "enemy" means anyone openly hostile to you. You're at the traffic light. A guy runs up, opens the car door, sticks a gun in your face and then kills you because you didn't get out of the car fast enough. That is an enemy. They are not your friend. They are openly hostile to you which is plainly obvious.

Ruler of the 8th place in the 7th place. Your spouse won't kill you but will be responsible for your death.

Let's say Venus rules the Taurus 8th place and is in the 7th place and in the day sky so that's a bad girl Venus and let's say in the term of Mars so that is a very naughty Venus. Your promiscuous spouse is having an affair and your spouse's lover thinks life would be better without you so with or without the knowledge of your spouse they kill you and take your spouse and your toys, including your XBox and Star Wars Collection.

Ruler of the 1st place in the 10th place. You are responsible for your fame and career progression. You did it all yourself. The Benefics make it easy. Jupiter ruling 1st place and in the night sky in the 10th place, well, once you get there, you might not like it. Malefics being good would mean you struggle but get there and you suffer a lot of grief. Bad Malefics might deny you altogether or delay you and by the time you finally get there everything is ruined/destroyed.

Ruler of the 10th place in the 1st place. Other people/organizations are responsible for your fame and career. Same story with the Benefics/Malefics.

Ruler of the 12th in the 10th place. Your secret enemies, the ones who smile in your face and then ridicule you behind your back when they aren't stabbing you in the back might put you on the top. Could an illness give you fame? It did for Ryan White and others. You could be in the medical field and become noteworthy or maybe you're a prison warden and that makes you famous or gives you a good career.

Ruler of the 10th in the 12th place. Your career could end because of illness. Your career could cause your illness (happens to a lot of American workers). Your secret enemies could ring you down.

Let's look at Libra 12th place ruled by Venus also ruling Taurus 7th place and in the day sky in the 10th place. A politician might be taken down by their political opponents. Someone could lose their job because of a lawsuit. Someone could lose their job and end up in prison because of a lawsuit. Your spouse could create a scandal that causes your downfall.

Capricorn 12th place means Aquarius 1st place and Saturn in the 10th place. You are the cause of your own undoing and might end up in prison to boot.

Capricorn 11th place means Aquarius 12th place and Saturn in the 10th place could be your friends take you down.

While we're at it, Aries 1st place, Scorpio 8th place and Mars in the 7th place would be death by criminal.

Ruler of the 2nd in the 7th place. You marry up from lower class to middle class or middle class to upper class. Maybe you get money from lawsuits. Maybe from contracts if you run a small business.

Ruler of the 7th place in the 2nd place. Your spouse provides income through other means. Maybe they're a good money manager so your family always has what they need, or maybe they have investing skills or flip real estate or have rental properties, or maybe they work and provide an income that is equal, less than or greater than yours or maybe your spouse gets money from a lawsuit or has contracts that pay off big or small.

Benefics make things happen easily. Malefics? Well, your spouse might blow all your money. I had a guy call me fussing over he had a credit card bill every day of the week. I got his financials and he wasn't exaggerating that much. His wife had 24 credit cards and put him in the poor house or maybe your spouse takes all your money in the divorce, or you lose it through law suits or you have a roofing business with residential and commercial contracts and you lost a big commercial contract and now your roofing business is down the tubes.

Or maybe you're at a traffic light and some guy runs up, opens the car door, sticks a gun in your face and you jump out before he says, Boo! and drives off with your car on a joy ride and wrecks it. You're underwater on the car note, the "gap insurance" which is freaking joke doesn't cover it and you lost your car and money but not you life.

Ruler of the 6th place in the 7th place. Your spouse could be a co-worker or subordinate. Ruler of the 7th place in the 6th place. You might get sued by a co-worker or subordinate or by your employees.

Ruler of the 3rd in the 8th place means your siblings might cause your death. Ruler of the 3rd in the 10th (the 8th place from the 3rd) would be your siblings die early. Ruler of the 3rd in the 12th place (the 10th place from the 3rd place) would mean your siblings receive recognition and fame and careers that might be better than yours.

So that's how you do it for all charts.

For fame I use 1st/10th is international. 7th/4th is national. Any combination of those would mean supra-national meaning someone in the US is well-known in Canada and perhaps the UK. Someone in India might be well-known there and Pakistan and Bangladesh and Britain. 5th/11th is regional. 9th is local.

Anything else is nothing but it doesn't mean one cannot be recognized.

Say you have the chart for a teacher or a high school football/basketball coach and no fame indicators. Natal Leo 6th place. Profected MC comes to the 6th place. Transiting Sun is in Leo and you might predict they get some kind of award maybe teacher/coach of the year and let's say Fortune is angular in the natal chart or angular in the profected chart then that would be some kind of local or regional attention. Right? Because 6th place trines 10th place.

I'll come back and do rulers in their own signs and then other stars in a place when the ruler is another place so's you all can start interpreting charts.

geminimercury

Awesome post btw on how to read chart.

When violent signs are on the 1st/8th or a human and violent sign are on the 1st/8th it's a violent death, meaning physical. ---- then I'm ****, lol haha

Aquarius 8th house Rule by Saturn and Saturn in Scorpio busy in 5th fight with Scorpio Mars, both Scorpio Mars and Scorpio Saturn has a hand in Square Aquarius Venus in 8th. And Venus in Mars Bound/term. Lot of Death also in 8th house Aquarius, whish since the Lot of Death in the sign Aquarius which rule by Saturn, and Saturn in Scorpio with Mars. So Saturn will be the planet I need to look out for in my death, lol.

DC80

Awesome post btw on how to read chart.

When violent signs are on the 1st/8th or a human and violent sign are on the 1st/8th it's a violent death, meaning physical. ---- then I'm ****, lol haha

Not always physical and it can be released or mitigated by either the presence of benefics or aspects from benefics. Aspects are by sign so even if no star is in the 8th place a sextile, square, trine or even opposition from Jupiter or Venus is good. Jupiter in the 8th is usually a long life and people die in their sleep and Venus can be a long life and people die peacefully but suddenly.

My mom had this Aunt Dottie who was really a great-aunt. Aunt Dottie was engaged to the love of her life and I'll call him Smith, it's like Ngyuen only different. Anyway, he gets drafted in 1944 and is training at Fort Knox, Kentucky so Aunt Dottie and her girlfriends would drive down every weekend to see him and when he finished training they got married and he got shipped to Germany.

I'm a veteran so I totally get this because he was a tank mechanic in the rear area where it's nice and warm sleeping on a cot in a tent showering every day and eating 3 hot meals a day and never being under attack so he didn't think it right that he lives this life of comfort while the other guys are risking their lives every minute so he goes out with a tank crew one day. Tank gets hit by an 88 killing the crew, including him and he got decapitated so they couldn't even have a proper funeral. Even worse it was March 1945 and the war was almost over.

My mom said Aunt Dottie suffered severe depression for years because of that and finally her psychiatrist told her to get married and have kids so's she could forget about her husband. That's stupid but it's the 1950s so what do you expect? She married some guy and had kids but the guy was a jerk and abusive so she divorced him and even the kids divorced him.

So it's 2018 and Aunt Dottie is 92 and in a nursing home and her daughter and my mom go to visit. She's asleep so instead of waking her hey just talk quietly and my mom said next thing you know, Aunt Dottie bolts upright in bed with this huge giant smile on her face and says "Tomorrow, I'm gonna be Mrs Thomas Smith" and then she died.

It freaked out her daughter and my mom but they were thinking that's how they'd like to die because whatever Aunt Dottie was thinking or dreaming she was just as happy as she could be.

That's typical of Venus in the 8th.

Aquarius 8th house Rule by Saturn and Saturn in Scorpio busy in 5th fight with Scorpio Mars, both Scorpio Mars and Scorpio Saturn has a hand in Square Aquarius Venus in 8th. And Venus in Mars Bound/term. Lot of Death also in 8th house Aquarius, whish since the Lot of Death in the sign Aquarius which rule by Saturn, and Saturn in Scorpio with Mars. So Saturn will be the planet I need to look out for in my death, lol.

Saturn in the 5th is never good. Saturn either totally denies children meaning no natural born, adopted or step-children, or denies natural born children or kills the first-born or makes a lot of suffering and grief related to the children.

Mars in the 5th sometimes denies children but more often then not creates a lot of problems.

Here you have the ruler of the 8th in the 5th which is an indicator of the early death of a child or one of the parents outlives the children.

I don't use the Lot of Death and don't know anyone who does and I reject all the bat-crazy Lot nonsense that people have concocted because they use formulas for other Lots and no Lot can represent something good and something bad at the same time. The 8th place from Fortune was always used, and so was the 8th place from the prenatal Moon and the Lots I use are Fortune and Spirit, and Eros which is Fortune to Spirit and Necessity which is Spirit to Fortune and whichever of Eros and Necessity falls below the horizon is also the Lot of Basis, and then the Lot of Debt if I get mixed indicators on income and material possessions.

Greek and Jyotish also use the 2nd place for death because each place echoes the place opposite but not in Latin, Arabic, Persian, Medieval or Modern. This idea of a place echoing the place opposite is the source for a lot of confusion in Medieval and modern.

geminimercury

Thank you @DC80

I agreed with you, as I did show the Solar Return 2019 when he lost BOTH his father and our child (whom just barely 2 at the time), which BOTH Mars and Saturn has a hand in trigger it, but I feel that it more Mars based on the Solar Return Transit.

And Firdaria age 35 was Moon/Mars, the Moon handed over to Mars. Profection Lord age 35 was Mercury 12th house.
Why? Becasue the Moon did NOT handed over to Saturn, it was Moon/Mars age, so the Moon handed over to Mars.

This was the Solar Return of 2019, you see how Solar Return Taurus Mars is in 12th house at 16 deg Opposition his Natal birth Scorpio Stellium where his Scorpio Saturn 16 deg in 5th house exactly at 0 orb? (Solar Return pic below)
EXACT 0 orb Opposition. EXACT. Solar Return Taurus Mars trigger that Natal birth Scorpio Saturn. I boxed it for you to see at the end in the aspect table. That huge red line in bold go across the chart, 12th house of losses Opposition 5th house of children.

I feel it more Mars than Saturn based on that Solar Return 2019, but that just me.

2019solar.jpg

And I read Valens and Hellenistic books too my friend. This is what Valens and Hellenistic text translation books said about children in a nativity (a person chart):
This literally come true with our child, our toddler did die. Valens is AMAZING.!

[[ --- The Moon, Jupiter and Venus conjunct together are givers of off-springs., will promise children.
--- MERCURY acts, according to aspects and position, If Mercury Oriental (rises before the Sun) will give children, If Mercury Occidental (rises after the Sun) will denies children. Yep. His Mercury rises after the Sun, occidental.

--- Malefics (Mars and Saturn) in 5th house nearly always caused barrenness/childless, and if a child born, the child either too delicate to live, or if reared cause endless trouble. Yep. He has Scorpio Mars, Scorpio Saturn, Scorpio Pluto all in 5th house. Our child born, but died before age 2
--- IF Benefics (Jupiter and Venus conjunct) in 5th house will bring children and much pleasure through them. Yep. There no Benefic in his 5th house, just a Stellium of Masculine Malefics planets.

--- The Lot of Children must be examined; if afflicted by (Malefics) Saturn and Mars, they caused childleness, or loss of children. BUT if the Lot of Children help by (Benefic) Jupiter they cause fine offspring. Yep. His Lot of children is Taurus, which Opposition his 3 planets in Scorpio.
--- Therefore it necessary to example the Ruler of the Lot of Children. So if the Ruler of your Lot of Children has Malefics (Mars or Saturn) aspect it, it will destroys children. Yep, the Ruler of his Lot of Children is Venus and Venus is abuse and Square by Scorpio Mars, Venus also Square by her own Ruler Scorpio Saturn.

--- For female nativities: the Moon in the places of Mercury, and Venus in a masculine sign with Malefic Saturn in hard aspect, and Saturn as the Ruler of that house, will cause chilliness, and destroy those who already born. Yep. His Moon is in Masculine Mercury sign Gemini. His Venus is also in a Masculine sign Aquarius and in hard aspect Square by BOTH Scorpio Mars and Scorpio Saturn. And Yep. Ruler of that house his 8th house is Saturn.

--- If Saturn and Mars at MC, or one at MC and other at IC, bring childlessness, unless a Benefic (Jupiter or Venus) involve in some aspect to mitigate. ]]

Amazing isn't it? It comes true for the native.

geminimercury

@DC80

Mars is still the MOST MALEFIC Planet in this chart, the Out of Sect Greatest Malefic.
Saturn is the Malefic in Favor due to Daychart, Saturn on Daychart team.

And this is the Tarditional Chart so you can see the Lot of Spirit (Daimon), the Lot of Fortune, and Syzygy which is Prenatal Moon, can you help me figure out about where his "Death" place? like what house?

Lot of Spirit Daimon in Aries rule by Mars. Natal Mars in Scorpio, both Mars and Lot of Spirit are Rule by the planet Mars (as Mars rule both signs Aries and Scorpio)

Lot of Fortune is in Libra which rule by Venus, and sure Venus in Aquarius can see Libra Lot of Fortune by a Trine (Air signs). But Venus is all around abuse by Malefics Mars and Saturn Square her. And Lot of Fortune is in SATURN Bound.

His Syzygy Prenatal Moon is not that bad. Prenatal Moon which rule by Jupiter and also it Jupiter own Bound/term and own Face/decan, btw that Pisces Syzygy is in Jupiter own Bound.
Natal Jupiter in Capricorn which in it Fall but pretty angular and in it own Bound. I was told by an astrologer actually natal Jupiter is quite protective of this chart (not harm it), since Jupiter RULE Prenatal Moon and Prenatal Moon is in Jupiter own Bound, which Jupiter both rule and can see it.

shrug, I dunno, what do you see. And which house you say his Death place would be? 8th place from Fortune counting counter clockwise or clockwise? So 8th place from Fortune is 12th or 8th?

Traditional chart with 7 inner planets:

lotfortune.png

Chart with all 10 planets:

wholechartwheel.jpg

Last edited:

DC80

Okay so we looked at sign rulers being in other places and the difference between direct causes and indirect causes.

That is the "How?" part of the chart. How things happen and to some extent, the "Why?" part.

We'll look more at the "Why?" and also the "What?" part.

Ruler of the 2nd place in the 10th place means your income and/or material wealth are the cause of your fame, reputation, career or other 10th place issue.

Ruler of the 10th in the 2nd place means your fame, reputation, career or other 10th place issue is the cause of your income and material wealth. We'll take ruler of the 10th in the 2nd to look at the "What?" and more about the "Why?".

The condition of the stars is important.

Jupiter in the day sky, direct and not in an alien sign is benefic. Venus in the night sky, direct and not in an alien sign is benefic. They are powerful. In the 6th place they can prevent you from being injured or taking ill. In the 12th place they can free you from illness, from your enemies, from prison, or on an Amber Alert the police come and free a young child from captivity. In the 8th place they can't keep you from dying but they can increase your longevity and you die peacefully. Otherwise, the Benefics grant everything easily and hassle-free.

Jupiter in the night sky or retrograde or in an alien sign or Venus in the day sky or retrograde or in an alien sign are in adverse conditions. In the 6th place they won't prevent you from being injured or taking ill but if you are you recover quickly. In the 12th place they do the same for illnesses, mitigate the harm from your enemies, free you from prison after a while or after a time in captivity. In the 8th place they don't grant longevity but you still die peacefully. Otherwise, the Benefics grant things but usually they are perverted or ironic. You get that promotion you always wanted at work and then a month later they come round handing out pink slips because they're closing the factory.

When Jupiter and Venus are in an adverse state and in square or opposition or with malefics functioning as malefics they become malefic and don't grant anything and they can cause harm.

Saturn in the day sky, direct, not in an alien sign and Mars in the night sky, direct and not in an alien sign function as benefics. They will grant things but not without strings attached and hassles but nothing you can't overcome.

Saturn or Mars in the wrong sky, or retrograde or an alien sign and without an aspect from Jupiter or Venus in good condition are malefic. With two or three of those conditions they're totally malefic and even with aspects from Jupiter or Venus can ruin and destroy everything. In the 1st place they'll ruin your life. In the 2nd they'll destroy your income and material things. In the 3rd, your siblings. In the 4th your house gets foreclosed or burns down or is flooded or torn up in a hurricane or tornado. In the 5th place it'll destroy your relationships or children. In the 6th they'll make you ill. In the 7th they'll ruin your marriages. In the 8th you'll die violently or painfully. In the 9th you won't finish school or college or your belief system. In the 10th they'll ruin/destroy your career or reputation and in the 12th put you in jail or let your enemies have a field day while you're ill.

Aquarius 10th place Saturn in the day sky in the 2nd place in Gemini and is direct so Saturn is going to function as a benefic.

Such people are industrious, good workers, studious serious people and economical with their money. But that's the personal significations of Saturn. They like structure, organization and rhythm.

I notice people here have a selfish egocentric view that the chart is me, me, me, me, me. No, the chart is you and every person and every thing that influences you and if you want to know the "Who?/What?" you have to know the stars and signs. What are the external significations of Saturn?

In a nocturnal chart Saturn represents the father. Dad buys you a car, pays for college, pays your rent, maybe even gives a down payment or buys a home for you. Or maybe dad is responsible for your fame, reputation and career.

Rosemary Clooney was a big band singer. Her son Nick Clooney rode mom's dress to become a TV news anchor. His son George Clooney rode mom's dress and dad's coat-tails to become an actor. That's one way that would play out.

Saturn also represents not just the elderly but also older people. Saturn is the generation before you. Mars is your generation. Mercury is the younger generation. Works the same for siblings. Saturn is your oldest brother/sister. Mars is the brother older than you but younger than your older brother/sister. Mercury is your younger brother. Venus is your older sister. Moon is your younger sister.

"I have two younger sisters." Fine. Moon is the oldest of the two and Moon's trigon ruler is the youngest.

Saturn could be a mentor or college professor. In case you forgot, if Aquarius is the 10th place then Capricorn is the 9th place. In grad school your professor is everything because if they're an unknown or don't give you a good reputation then you won't get any post-grad internships or jobs or other positions.

Saturn also represents government and civil authorities at all levels so maybe you work for the government. Maybe you're a cop. That would require aspects from Mars and Mercury and no we don't use orbs. Mercury in the 8th place opposes Saturn in the 2nd regardless of degrees. The 8th also represents the power over life and death which is a possibility when the ruler of the 8th is in the 10th. Could also be the legal system if Mercury and Jupiter are configured to Saturn.

What if Saturn in the 2nd is in the night sky or retrograde? Without the intervention of Jupiter or Venus they'll be inhibited, anxious, miserly. The difference between economical and miserly is an economical person might avoid disposable things and buy the real deal and use it until they cannot. A miserly person would do the same except when it's worn out they'd put duct tape on it so's they can keep using it until it was totally destroyed.

You see a lot of hoarders with retrograde Saturn in the 2nd in sect or not. Look at the terms because Saturn retrograde in the term of Venus is people who cling to things for sentimental reasons. Those aren't the only star/sign/place combos that indicate that.

Retrograde Saturn here would show instability with income. Since you already did your chart overview you know the person is filthy rich, upper class, middle class, lower class or in abject poverty so it's relative to that. Retrograde Jupiter here would cause fluctuations in income but normally not severe enough to change class. Retrograde Mars would. They would spend all their money and always be broke and might suffer a reversal to knock them down a class.

Normally for Saturn in Gemini in the 2nd what you see is right around the time Saturn makes its first revolution and then gets to Scorpio those people are settled. They end up with a promotion or a job that makes their day or they're in a better place and I don't mean in the chart a better place in life.

If Saturn is malefic here they'll struggle a lot and either their career or their reputation are sufficiently damaged to cause a loss of income or possessions. Around here we have the Lordstown plant that GM closed and people earning $80,000 to $100,000 a year with over-time were out of work for long periods and now they're making $30,000 to $40,000 a year. I should probably mention someone in California would have to earn $150,000 to live like we do on $30,000 to $40,000 but those people still had to make some major adjustments in their life and lost their income and many lost their homes or cars that got repo'd.

A star in its own sign is going to do good unless it is afflicted by one or both malefics.

What about Jupiter in his own sign in the 2nd place?

That ain't you. You're the star that rules the Asc. The other stars are other people and things. What are the external significations of Jupiter? Overseas travel, foreign influences, the law/legal system, religion, education, and professions in general. For people it's authority figures, professors/instructors, benefactors, civil servants, foreigners and your uncles and aunts.

You'll want to look at the other sign Jupiter rules which will be on the 6th or 12th place and don't forget Jupiter trines the 10th whether there's stars there or not. Here it would be best to look at the antiscia as well. Jupiter in Sagittarius is going to cast his antiscia at Capricorn but in Pisces it will be at Libra. For antiscia we do use orbs so another star sitting at the antiscia point is going to tell you something.

So, Jupiter in the 2nd in Sagittarius is going to rule the 5th and cast antiscia at Capricorn which going to be the 3rd place. Capricorn is not a human sign and neither is Pisces and neither is the Leo 10th so you're looking at organizations and not people. Jupiter can certainly signify a person but it will be in the context of an organization.

It's possible but not likely a star in the 2nd place is in aversion to all other stars so there's going to be aspects and we'll look at those later.

JUPITERASC

What if Saturn in the 2nd is in the night sky or retrograde? Without the intervention of Jupiter or Venus they'll be inhibited, anxious, miserly. The difference between economical and miserly is an economical person might avoid disposable things and buy the real deal and use it until they cannot. A miserly person would do the same except when it's worn out they'd put duct tape on it so's they can keep using it until it was totally destroyed.

What if :)
Saturn's direct in a nightchart & is assembled with Jupiter and Mercury in 2H

&
delineating Aldebaran 15 Tau wholesign

Saturn rules 6H & 7H
Jupiter rules 8H
Mercury rules H2

but
since you're delineating Tropical :)

so then
what if

Saturn now rules 5H & 6H
Venus rules 2H - Venus in 4H
Mercury 2H rules Ascendant & 10H
Jupiter rules 7H & 4H

Last edited:

JUPITERASC

assuming night sky chart Jupiter in Mercurys home in 2H assembled with Saturn
then Jupiter isn't helped by Saturn and vice versa

H2 is also an ineffective place so stalemate :)

Saturn now rules 5H & 6H
Venus rules 2H - Venus in 4H
Mercury 2H rules Ascendant & 10H
Jupiter rules 7H & 4H