The 22nd degree of the zodiac

star2858

I am surprised that no one has yet threaded on such an important topic, but here i thought i would raise the topic about the 22nd degree of any sign in the zodiac.

The 22nd degree is often known as 'to kill, or be killed'. Hence, the individual kills or gets killed (or both sometimes, in the case of Hitler etc)

Some time ago, before i knew anything about astrology, someone told me i would die soon, he said i had maybe 20 years left and that i would die horribly. I took it for word and astrology has brought me to the same conclusion.

Does anyone have any experience or have any planets at the 22nd degree? My chart is attached, Uranus is at the 22nd degree in the 8th house, ruling death. It square the sun and venus, both in virgo, both in 5th house. The 12th house is also at 22nd degrees, in pisces, it's ruler, Neptune is in the 8th with Uranus.

Would anyone like to elaboration on my analysis of my chart any more?

Below is a link for further information:-

http://www.astrologyinserbia.com/e/knjige/tajne/tajna_22.htm

Attachments

• astro_w2gw_01_kkkk_hp_47239_15071.gif
    astro_w2gw_01_kkkk_hp_47239_15071.gif
    28 KB · Views: 220

Plutonian Persona

Actually star, your Uranus and 12th house are in the 23rd degree and your Venus is in the 22nd degree.

From the master himself, Dane Rudhyar, "Any fraction of a degree is to be considered as a whole degree. Aries 15 0 is to be read as Aries 15 degrees; but Aries 15 1, as well as Aries 15 59, represents Aries 16."

That being said, I have Mercury at 21 11 Scorpio and I haven't been killed yet, although I am a magnet for careless drivers who think that crosswalks are for cars and not people!

Last edited:

natasa812

So, talking about coincidence, we have more of ``degree theory`` in here. Only the degree changes.
And since you refer: ``The 22nd degree is often known as 'to kill, or be killed'.`` be so kind and give as the authors name. If it is ``known`` already as a theory, it should give the solution also.
And yes indeed, as you wrote abowe, it is an important topic.

Cass

I have Moon at 21'05 (Aquarius) and its ruler, Uranus is on the 9th cusp (house of dreams and visions) so I often dream of being in danger. It is always something else in disguise and I'm usually able to distinguish what is going on in my mind. Then I call it and all the fears go by.

EJ53

Banned
natasa812 said:
So, talking about coincidence, we have more of ``degree theory`` in here. Only the degree changes.
And since you refer: ``The 22nd degree is often known as 'to kill, or be killed'.`` be so kind and give as the authors name. If it is ``known`` already as a theory, it should give the solution also.
And yes indeed, as you wrote abowe, it is an important topic.

Yes Natasa......I'd noticed this co-incidence too.........and the article referred to appears to be by the same author and about the same subject matter as in the "interesting theory on degrees" thread by Gimzo23.

Personally, I've never heard of this 22nd degree "kill or be killed" theory......So, I'd also be interested in some further explanation of it by Star2858.

Interesting signature btw, Natasa.;)

EJ:sunny:

natasa812

star2858 said:
I am surprised that no one has yet threaded on such an important topic, but here i thought i would raise the topic about the 22nd degree of any sign in the zodiac.

The 22nd degree is often known as 'to kill, or be killed'. Hence, the individual kills or gets killed (or both sometimes, in the case of Hitler etc)

To tell the thruth, we had a similar conversation over and over on this Forum and about the 18o degree (the dangerous one). I guess I am not ``going to kill or be killed`` since I don`t have anything at 22o degree, but I have my Mars in 1th on the ``dangerous`` 18o degree which is indeed sometimes an absolute embodyment of aggression. Fortunately, it is held back by the Mercury Moon trine which allows the verbal expresion in a suptile and gentle way.
But, I have many planets at 17o degree which could be a sign of talent or fresh ideas (Uranus at 17o degree sextiles Sun), as also as Jupiter (the great benefic) who conj. that expresive Mercury of mine.
And also, my P. Fortune is at 17o degree in 8th house making a nice trine to that ``dangerous`` Mars on 18o degree in first, so, I`ll eather die happily or continue ``chaneling`` that Mars energy in a pleasant way (P. Fortune in Scorpio - how convenient).

And thank you EJ, yes indeed, lately, since Mercury turned direct again, I felt a strange need to spread some ancient wisdom

FleetingDasein

star2858 said:
Does anyone have any experience or have any planets at the 22nd degree? My chart is attached, Uranus is at the 22nd degree in the 8th house, ruling death. It square the sun and venus, both in virgo, both in 5th house. The 12th house is also at 22nd degrees, in pisces, it's ruler, Neptune is in the 8th with Uranus.

Would anyone like to elaboration on my analysis of my chart any more?

Below is a link for further information:-

http://www.astrologyinserbia.com/e/knjige/tajne/tajna_22.htm

I also have Uranus at 22 in the 9th house. Pluto in Scorpio in the 8th house. I have often read this could mean a violent (hopefully kinky) death in foreign country. My boyfriend has Sun in the 22nd in 4th house of Pisces.

I'm reading the page but it seems a little farfetched. Odds are plenty of killers, and people who have been killed must have had at least one planet in the 22nd degree. It strikes me as a coincidence, and it would be very interesting to look for murder cases that lack the 22' degree.

I'll definitely be investigating more about this theory, but I think it should be taken with a grain of salt.

Last edited:

star2858

FleetingDasein said:
I also have Uranus at 22 in the 9th house. Pluto in Scorpio in the 8th house. I have often read this could mean a violent (hopefully kinky) death in foreign country. My boyfriend has Sun in the 22nd in 4th house of Pisces.

I'm reading the page but it seems a little farfetched. Odds are plenty of killers, and people who have been killed must have had at least one planet in the 22nd degree. It strikes me as a coincidence, and it would be very interesting to look for murder cases that lack the 22' degree.

I'll definitely be investigating more about this theory, but I think it should be taken with a grain of salt.

I hope it is just a matter of coincidence in the murder cases, who knows!

The same is said about the 18th degree, which is said to indicate evil, as opposed to 'kill or be killed'.

Go my 8th house at 18th in sagittarious - Jupiter in aries the 12th.

Whatever the world awaits for me, I am ready.

natasa812

star2858 said:
I hope it is just a matter of coincidence in the murder cases, who knows!

The same is said about the 18th degree, which is said to indicate evil, as opposed to 'kill or be killed'.

Go my 8th house at 18th in sagittarious - Jupiter in aries the 12th.

Whatever the world awaits for me, I am ready.

I HAVE TO DISAGREE STRONGLY ON THIS. You can not just accuse people of beeing ``evil`` and telling ``whatever the world awaits for me, I am ready``. WE ALL HAVE CHOISES IN LIFE. You can not use astrology as excuse for any act. And it is not acceptable in society we live in! If this would be the case, than, anyone can tell ``I have my Uranus at 22. degree - so, that`s it - I can do whatever I want``. Astrology (as many experianced members point to us ALL THE TIME) gives us TENDENCY but the choise is ours!

The only thing in life I can be absolutely certain for is that I can not be certain about anything.

EJ53

Banned
I don't agree with this 22 degree theory at all.......but, if we take a wider view of the phrase "kill or be killed", maybe :-

Confused Pisces could see Pluto change/kill his views about other people's values (sun/8th), through relationships (venus/7th).

JJ's generation (with Uranus conjunct Neptune) might change society, "killing" the old ways/values/traditions to make way for the new.

By dismissing this Uranian astrological idea, MTTY might "kill" any possibility of friendship with the thread poster/supporters of it.

These interpretations may of course be nonsense.......But, my point is that astrology students should never dismiss a new idea "out of hand".....And Nikola Stojanovic's supporters might get more help from us (on justifying his theories) if they sought our views more openly.

EJ:)

Last edited:
I have Mercury at the 22nd degree of Pisces. A lot of people have this degree in their natal, it's highly unlikely we are all going to kill or be killed. Use your own judgment on the matter.

It's like saying all Mars/Pluto individuals will kill or be killed. In reality the statistics wouldn't add up. It is still a difficult aspect, I do like the writers articles. However, sometimes you make some strong claims and he receives more interest, more people enrol in his classes etc. I do enjoy his astrological interpretations of charts but I wouldn't put as much weight on one degree.

There is an interesting article on Arnold Schwarzenegger, on there but his birth time has been rated on astrodatabank. It was giving an A rating as it was quoted from a colleague. I loved the movie references in his article, I think it's a student of his. I do like the site, but don't get in a tizzy over a degree. :)

Last edited:

gesso

This thread got me thinking of sabians...hope i'm not too off topic here :p

22nd degree has been highlighted lately ...thats interesting
January 10th full moon was on cancer 22
sun/moon degrees involved were:
22º Cancer : A YOUNG WOMAN AWAITING A SAILBOAT.
22º Capricorn : A GENERAL ACCEPTING DEFEAT GRACEFULLY.

Also, february 9, the lunar eclipse was on Leo 21 with chiron (barely a degree from the sun) at 22aqua
Lynda writes about it in her blog as at the 22nd degree...although the actual eclipse occurred at 20'59...but anyway...:p I would think both degrees are active
21º Leo : INTOXICATED CHICKENS DIZZILY FLAP THEIR WINGS TRYING TO FLY.
21º Aquarius : A WOMAN DISAPPOINTED AND DISILLUSIONED, COURAGEOUSLY FACING A SEEMINGLY EMPTY LIFE.

22º Leo (142): A CARRIER PIGEON FULFILLING ITS MISSION.
22º Aquarius (322): A RUG PLACED ON A FLOOR FOR CHILDREN TO PLAY ON.

There is an awesome in-depth explanation of these events on lynda hills site:
The january full moon ---> http://sabiansymbols.typepad.com/my_weblog/2009/01/my-entry.html#more
The feb eclipse ----> http://sabiansymbols.typepad.com/my_weblog/2009/02/lunar-eclipse-februarys-leo-full-moon-a-messenger-fulfilling-their-mission.html

Here are the sabians for each sign ..........

22º Aries (22): THE GATE TO THE GARDEN OF ALL FULFILLED DESIRES.

22º Taurus (52): WHITE DOVE FLYING OVER TROUBLED WATERS.

22º Gemini (82): DANCING COUPLES CROWD THE BARN IN A HARVEST FESTIVAL.

22º Cancer (112): A YOUNG WOMAN AWAITING A SAILBOAT.

22º Leo (142): A CARRIER PIGEON FULFILLING ITS MISSION.

22º Virgo (172): A ROYAL COAT OF ARMS ENRICHED WITH PRECIOUS STONES.

22º Libra (202): A CHILD GIVING BIRDS A DRINK AT A FOUNTAIN.

22º Scorpio (232): HUNTERS SHOOTING WILD DUCKS.

22º Sagittarius (262): A CHINESE LAUNDRY.

22º Capricorn (292): A GENERAL ACCEPTING DEFEAT GRACEFULLY.

22º Aquarius (322): A RUG PLACED ON A FLOOR FOR CHILDREN TO PLAY ON.

22º Pisces (352): A PROPHET BRINGING DOWN THE NEW LAW FROM MOUNT SINAI.

I have pluto at 21LIB37 in my chart in the 8th :cool: .....
:cheers:

Last edited:
You seem to be asking about predicting death and what kind of death can be expected. If you had used the search feature on AW and put death in title you would finds tons of stuff....

Plus in Equal House your Uranus is in the 7th conj 8th house cusp..
Lots of people that come into Astrology get their free charts calculated at www.astro.com and the default ‘house system’ used is Placidus and think that’s just the norm and all that there is……..BUT that is just the tip of the iceberg. You can change the default on astro.com in Extended Chart selection to Equal house and a few more.

Throughout the forums but mainly in natal astrology there are two main branches Placidus (unequal size houses) v Equal House (whereby each house is same size) but lots more……. For more information on these go here.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/House_(astrology)#Description
http://www.astrolozy.com/article19.asp

Plus all your Virgo planets, sun venus mars are in 4th house, which is where your energy, focus time and attention would be with family matters, even possibly working from home.

Your Uranus has 2challenging squares, 1to Mars, 1to sun and then conj Saturn which is basically, freedom v convention aspect
Again there have been some great threads on AW concerning aspects to Uranus

http://www.astrologyweekly.com/forum/showthread.php?t=11158&highlight=death
http://www.astrologyweekly.com/forum/showthread.php?t=5746&highlight=death
http://www.astrologyweekly.com/forum/showthread.php?t=8524&highlight=death

sltaverna

I wish I had more to add here, but I have been wondering about the 22s I see in my chart and in others' as well. Btw, my Ascendant is 22 22 Tau. Venus is at 2 22 Cancer, Neptune/Moon midpoint at 22 Sag, and my Venus/Jupiter midpoint is at 22 Cancer. Possibly coincidence, but it always just sticks out to me.;)

Steph

CarrieLee

I have my Sun 22 08 degree Virgo, Pluto 22 39 degree Virgo. Moon 22 57 Geminii. I have never killed I personally do feel my family of origin tried to murder my spirit..So symbolically they may have tried.
I do know an Aries female I have at times wished would leave the planet..Ok that was a bad joke. ;) This 22 degree thing is very new to me...I don't think I choose to believe in it.

LaLibra

Did I understand correctly that is the degree is always rounded up?

For example I have my 2nd House cusp at 22.03degrees, is that considered 22nd or 23rd degree?

I also have the 8th house cusp at 22.03degrees (opposite I guess that's obvious)

Neptune 22.37 Sagittarius (22 or 23 here?)

Jupiter is at 21.28degrees in Libra would that be 22degrees? (I'll be killed by exploding of indecision!)

and Chiron Rx in 21.54 Taurus

I have my Moon in Gemini at 18.55 degrees so I should assume that it's at 19 am I correct?

EJ53

Banned
LaLibra said:
For example I have my 2nd House cusp at 22.03degrees, is that considered 22nd or 23rd degree?....I have my Moon in Gemini at 18.55 degrees so I should assume that it's at 19 am I correct?

The Sabian Symbols for your 2nd house cusp and Moon would be 23rd and 19th degree respectively........Based on zero to one degree = first degree and 29 to 30 degrees = 30th degree, which (I think) most astrologers use.

However, Nikola Stovanovic (the originator of the 22 degree theory discussed here) appears to count 1 to 2 degrees as the first degree and 29 to 30 degrees as the 29th degree......So, your 2nd house cusp falls at 22 degrees for this theory.

Confusing isn't it?............I'd recommend the Sabian Symbols approach generally, but I guess we have to use the NS system when testing his "degree theory".

LaLibra

EJ53 said:
The Sabian Symbols for your 2nd house cusp and Moon would be 23rd and 19th degree respectively........Based on zero to one degree = first degree and 29 to 30 degrees = 30th degree, which (I think) most astrologers use.

However, Nikola Stovanovic (the originator of the 22 degree theory discussed here) appears to count 1 to 2 degrees as the first degree and 29 to 30 degrees as the 29th degree......So, your 2nd house cusp falls at 22 degrees for this theory.

Confusing isn't it?............I'd recommend the Sabian Symbols approach generally, but I guess we have to use the NS system when testing his "degree theory".

Thanks EJ!

I really don't put a lot of stock into determinist theories. I'm a free-will advocate...either way it doesn't help to live in fear right?

Sabian symbols are really great but I don't know much about them yet, only that they get me to think. Are they originally astrological?