Male Higher Up - Why this sudden change of attitude?

LostinPhilly

Hi all,

A couple of months ago, I posted about this male higher up who was really making it impossible for me to enjoy being a work due to his constant dismissing behavior. This was probably resulting from the fact I had rejected his offers for drinks both when I started in 2016 and the following year upon visiting his office. See https://www.astrologyweekly.com/forum/showthread.php?t=111963

Fast forward a couple months down the line and the dynamic is different. He started seeing someone (younger) in December (not sure if he's still with her), so he suddenly stopped contacting me, even for business purposes (a relief at the time). Whenever he would call (twice a month), he would be very short/cold, as opposed to before. I visited his office for a week in April, he was cordial and woud still stare at me for minutes on end, but would not talk to me. A week after I returned from this visit, we both got assigned a really time sensitive and high-value deal. He was going on vacation the following day, so I had to handle the transaction on my own. This deal was a success and I ended up getting some massive recognition from a regional sales guy (higher position than him) and another higher up.

I didn't think much of it and continued my work. Then, in the past 2 weeks or so, he has been acting differently towards me. He started calling me for very random questions for which the answer requires 2 words, only to start talking about non-work related things afterwards. For instance, he asked me about how I feel living abroad far from my family and friends, about how I feel these days etc .. Then, a few days ago, he thanked me over instant message for something (we never talk on that platform) and out of the blue said: "I just wanted to let you know, we really appreciate your work". In 2 years, he never gave me a single feedback and suddenly, this.. The situation made me a bit more comfortable to the point where I can now make jokes (whenever appropriate) via email or on the phone, but this is unexpected as I used to be quite scared/apprehensive when dealing with him.

This is strange after all the tension we had since I started.

Why this sudden change of attitude?

Thank you.

astro_2gw_why_this_sudden_change_of_attitude_66715_31464.png

Last edited: