Will I get this job?

sandyv63

Yeah, I know. Ascendant is only 2 degrees but this chart otherwise describes my situation remarkably well and I am reluctant to dismiss it out of hand because of less than one degree rising. The fact that the 2 significators are applying to a very tight trine has nothing to do with it, hehehe. :biggrin:

Anyway, after almost 3 years at an awful job and then 6 months of unemployment, I finally landed this job. The benefits are incredible but the job and the supervisor, not so much. I don’t do much work which I realize would be a dream job for many but I hate the idleness. I feel like I am not being used to my potential (an understatement if I’ve ever made one.) Training is non-existent as the supervisor does not want to share information. She is another narcissist (I really seem to attract them) although not nearly as evil as my prior supervisor (who truly was the Devil’s own spawn I am convinced.) This one is just too arrogant for her own good as well as painfully childish. The unprofessionalism she displays has alienated her from everyone, including (finally!) her own supervisor who is hoping she resigns. As this is a government job, it would be difficult to fire her. Yes, her skills are terrific but her attitude is really awful. She mistakenly believes that her superior technical skills will allow her to continue to be obnoxious but she’s already ensured that she will not move up here because all of management hates her. I mean they really hate her. She is power hungry and I think it is probably just a matter of time before she has no choice but to leave.

Anyway, this new position as an analyst came up today which is much more suited to my background and skills and I very much would like to get it. I am more than qualified for it, which means nothing in a government environment. My significators are Mercury, representing me in the 11th house (how apropos) and Saturn in the 7th, representing the job. As I mentioned, they are applying to a tight trine. This never happens to me. The Moon is also applying to a conjunction to Saturn which is my supervisor and her effect on me (and everyone else in the department.) I feel like people really don’t see ME here because of this supervisor. However, that Moon is also in a partile trine to Mercury which makes me optimistic, although that conjunction could certainly sink this opportunity for me. The degrees of Mercury, Saturn and the Moon are just sooo tight that I’m not sure what to make of it or which aspects are stronger.

Even if I don’t get this job, I realize that it is just a matter of time before this supervisor leaves. The thing is, I’d rather be an analyst than an accountant. I really needed a job when I got hired and I thought I could strengthen my accounting skills here but that hasn’t happened. I find I really don’t like being an accountant and would much rather go back to financial analysis. These positions don’t come up often and the benefits here are just too good to consider leaving the District so I am really hoping I can land this job. I’d appreciate any insights and advice.

Thanks!

Attachments

• Analyst Job.jpg
    Analyst Job.jpg
    121.3 KB · Views: 58

sandyv63

Wow, that would be fast considering they take a month to just pull the resumes of the applicants. Maybe they plan on moving quickly. That would be awesome!

Thanks for the feedback!!

tikana

i am unusually nice today

since i got railed why i kill ppl's dreams in PM

so i decided to be nice for a day

T:devil:

rafaella

Yeah, I know. Ascendant is only 2 degrees but this chart otherwise describes my situation remarkably well and I am reluctant to dismiss it out of hand because of less than one degree rising. The fact that the 2 significators are applying to a very tight trine has nothing to do with it, hehehe. :biggrin:

Anyway, after almost 3 years at an awful job and then 6 months of unemployment, I finally landed this job. The benefits are incredible but the job and the supervisor, not so much. I don’t do much work which I realize would be a dream job for many but I hate the idleness. I feel like I am not being used to my potential (an understatement if I’ve ever made one.) Training is non-existent as the supervisor does not want to share information. She is another narcissist (I really seem to attract them) although not nearly as evil as my prior supervisor (who truly was the Devil’s own spawn I am convinced.) This one is just too arrogant for her own good as well as painfully childish. The unprofessionalism she displays has alienated her from everyone, including (finally!) her own supervisor who is hoping she resigns. As this is a government job, it would be difficult to fire her. Yes, her skills are terrific but her attitude is really awful. She mistakenly believes that her superior technical skills will allow her to continue to be obnoxious but she’s already ensured that she will not move up here because all of management hates her. I mean they really hate her. She is power hungry and I think it is probably just a matter of time before she has no choice but to leave.

Anyway, this new position as an analyst came up today which is much more suited to my background and skills and I very much would like to get it. I am more than qualified for it, which means nothing in a government environment. My significators are Mercury, representing me in the 11th house (how apropos) and Saturn in the 7th, representing the job. As I mentioned, they are applying to a tight trine. This never happens to me. The Moon is also applying to a conjunction to Saturn which is my supervisor and her effect on me (and everyone else in the department.) I feel like people really don’t see ME here because of this supervisor. However, that Moon is also in a partile trine to Mercury which makes me optimistic, although that conjunction could certainly sink this opportunity for me. The degrees of Mercury, Saturn and the Moon are just sooo tight that I’m not sure what to make of it or which aspects are stronger.

Even if I don’t get this job, I realize that it is just a matter of time before this supervisor leaves. The thing is, I’d rather be an analyst than an accountant. I really needed a job when I got hired and I thought I could strengthen my accounting skills here but that hasn’t happened. I find I really don’t like being an accountant and would much rather go back to financial analysis. These positions don’t come up often and the benefits here are just too good to consider leaving the District so I am really hoping I can land this job. I’d appreciate any insights and advice.

Thanks!

There are some issues with this chart, early ASC... Mercury combust. Negative reception between Saturn and Mercury, Saturn rx. Perhaps its describing your current job? Is this job within the same company?

Well the aspect is there, but why is Saturn rx, it could mean getting a similar job not exactly this one, or perhaps going back to a job of the past or similar to the past.

Anyways, Im leaning towards yes, a cautious yes, also not sure if you will like this position.

please update!

sandyv63

Thank you for responding! Yes, I have the same concerns. I have studied this chart some more and I noticed a translation of light (at least I think it is a translation of light) which gives me even more hope. Saturn rx I think is me returning to a similar job. The job I applied for is similar to what I did in the past and I have a lot of experience so I would be returning to something familiar. Also, Saturn rx seems to be favorable in the sense that now Mercury and Saturn are mutually approaching one another. Yes, this job is within the same organization so I would not be an outside candidate. They tend to hire from within and I do have a strong resume very tailored to this position. I will just have to wait and see.

My current job does not suit me and this department is dysfunctional. The supervisor is such a narcissist, a classic narcissist that any shrink would recognize as such. Her narcissistic rages are classic. I'm not here to be her doormat and I choose to move on to a better department where I will be appreciated and respected. There is absolutely no respect here. As I mentioned, she’s made enemies here but the stress for me is getting severe and if I don’t get this job, I may have to go elsewhere although I really don’t want to give up the benefits. To make matters worse, I found out the other accountant in my department is applying for this position as well. She doesn’t have my experience but she does have more time at this district. I overall have more experience (9 years in the industry) and better experience. She has a friend in that department but the job has been posted for over a week and she was never notified by her friend about it so I’m not sure if her friendship will help her any. Besides, I don’t know if this friend would be the one to make the hiring decision. Again, it is wait and see time. The job closes next Tuesday so I obviously won’t hear anything until after then.

Getting back to what I think is a translation of light. As we know, the 2 significators are applying to a tight trine. However, the Moon is in a separating partile trine to Mercury and an applying conjunction to Saturn. Is this a translation of light? The degrees are so tight and I am not sure if this is a true translation of light or not. I’ve read conflicting things online. Regardless, it seems to me to be another affirmation of sorts so I am cautiously optimistic.

Gawd, this is turning into a soap opera. The other accountant just came to me and now she’s not sure if she will apply for the analyst job. She knows she doesn’t have the experience and she genuinely likes being an accountant. It is her strength. Her only reason for applying is to get away from narcissistic supervisor. I reminded her that we’ll be getting a new director soon and that should cause narcissistic supervisor some problems as she can’t get along with anyone, and she really wanted that director job herself. She didn’t apply because she knows the CFO doesn’t like her and would never have hired her. Better to spare that fragile, unstable ego than to risk rejection.

And the roller coaster ride continues. Narcissistic supervisor came back from lunch with her supervisor and a temp (who she brought into the department because they are friends.) The temp and I have become friends over the past 6 months and she doesn't particularly care for narcissistic supervisor. She's known her many years so she knows how horrible she is. Anyway, she told me narcissistic supervisor was speaking with her supervisor, let's just call him manager for clarity, and they were discussing whether or not I applied for the analyst job. Manager is aware I don't care for narcissistic supervisor and was baiting her, asking her why I would want to leave. Since narcissistic supervisor is the best and smartest and most wonderful supervisor to ever grace the District, her reply was because I was an analyst in the past and that's what I would prefer to do. Temp says manager was sitting in the back seat (they were in the car) snickering and making faces because he knew she was full of ****. Then after lunch she asked temp if I applied, but bless her, temp claimed ignorance. So narcissistic supervisor instructed her to become a spy and find out. Temp of course told me everything and said narcissistic supervisor is worried because she already has a complaint lodged against her and was hauled off to HR over it. Me departing would make her look bad because she knows, as does manager and temp, that I applied in part to get away from her abuse. She's concerned about the potential exit interview. I told temp to tell her that I did apply, because I knew it would make her squirm. And it did. She was soooo nice to me this afternoon. It was comical. I told temp to also let manager know because he had previously called the department to find out if they had someone in mind for this position (he was really trying to find out if the other accountant was getting the job because of her friendship within the department) but apparently this isn't the case. The person he spoke with, as it turns out, is the accountant's friend and she told him she was looking for someone with experience, so that makes me very hopeful. I am hoping manager will call her back and recommend me. He was going to recommend temp because temp doesn't want to be a temp forever, but temp is going to tell him to refer me instead and then let temp take my vacated position. Works for me.

Anyway, that’s the update. I am cautiously optimistic as I have the stronger resume and the other accountant doesn’t really want that job. If manager puts in a good word for me as well, that could really tip the balance in my favor. We shall see…

sandyv63

So I actually got the analyst job, but not the way I thought. I never even interviewed for it.

I hadn't heard from the department or HR so I assumed they hired someone for this position. This surprised me because I was so qualified for it and I expected an interview at least. Turns out the job was put on hold because the District was approaching the end of the fiscal year, and end of year is when jobs get eliminated. When someone gets laid off, they have the right (per the union agreement that the District approved) to take another vacant position or to bump an employee with less seniority from a filled position.

This very difficult person got fired from her position because she's very loud, aggressive and overall difficult to deal with. She went to the union (people like her know how to abuse the system) and managed to get her firing turned into a layoff, which allowed her to bump me from my job. She interviewed for my current accounting position last year before I got it and management didn't want her. Now she has forced herself on them and forced me out and they are beyond angry. She'd have been better off taking one of the vacant positions but as I said, she has wanted this job since last year and she didn't care if she had to force someone else out. She will get no support as management is unhappy she's been forced on them and the other people on the floor hate her. The fur is going to fly come July 1st.

Anyway, once she bumped me, I was given the option of taking one of the two vacant positions. Since the analyst job I applied for was one of them, I took it, but I am unhappy about not having the opportunity to earn the position for myself. I feel cheated, and I don't like the idea of being forced on this department, although I've since had the opportunity to meet with my soon to be boss and it appears to be a good fit. Ironically, I'll be moving to the floor this loud obnoxious person was fired from, and they are all delighted she's leaving.

Looking back at this horary chart, I suppose the early ascendant might have been because it was too early at that time to know if any jobs would be eliminated (in this case, she was fired and managed to get that turned into a layoff.) The combust Sun could be me (and the department) blindsided by this woman forcing me out and herself in. I am hoping all the positive aspects point to this job being a good fit (I certainly will be busy as heck.) Not sure what aspect allowed me to get this job without an interview - maybe Saturn Rx but I assumed this indicated me returning to analysis. I guess it could mean both.

Of course I must provide an account of how all this affected narcissistic supervisor. I called it, she's leaving too! She's managed to fool a Director who works in another building into believing she's being treated unfairly here (not true at all - she's the one doing the unfair treating!) Said Director created a position for her in her department and she's going to be leaving soon, as soon as they post the job and go through the motions of pretending other people have a fair shot at getting it. But it's basically a done deal even if they have to go through the charade of posting the job to legitimize it (not!) What a joke. So now we're both leaving. Manager isn't aware narcissistic supervisor is leaving yet but it will be good news to him. As I mentioned in a prior post, he's had it with her.

So that's my update. I did get the job, as I originally thought I would, but I got it in a most unexpected way. And even though the aspects were positive and tight, there were delays. Go figure. :lol: