Man With 'No Brain' - Brain Is Tiny But He's Not Retarded, Works As A Civil Servant!

JUPITERASC

A remarkable story :smile:

“....A man with unusually tiny brain lives entirely normal life despite his condition, caused by fluid build-up in his skull. Scans of the 44-year-old man's brain showed a huge fluid-filled chamber called a ventricle took up most of the room in his skull, leaving little more than a thin sheet of actual brain tissue . "It is hard for me to say exactly the percentage of reduction of the brain, since we did not use software to measure its volume. But visually, it's more than 50% to 75% reduction," source: Lionel Feuillet, neurologist at the Mediterranean University in Marseille, France.

“...Feuillet and colleagues describe the case of the married father of two in the Lancet. He was working as a civil servant and was not retarded in any way. The man went to hospital after experiencing mild weakness in left leg. Feuillet's staff took medical history, learning that, as an infant, he had a shunt inserted into his head to drain away hydrocephalus - water on the brain. Shunt was removed at the age of 14....”

“....Researchers checked the condition of his brain using computed tomography (CT) scanning technology and another type of scan called magnetic resonance imaging (MRI). They were astonished to see "massive enlargement" of lateral ventricles - usually tiny chambers that hold the cerebrospinal fluid that cushions the brain. Intelligence tests showed the man had an IQ of 75, below the average score of 100 but not considered mentally retarded or disabled...”
http://www.newscientist.com/article/dn12301-man-with-tiny-brain-shocks-doctors.html

tsquare

Open Lip Schinzencephaly

Tue Mar 17 00:58:36 GMT 2009 by V

My granddaughter-2 wks old was born with Open Lip Schinzencephaly-her MRI looks exactly like the one in this article...we were told right now all her bodily actions are happening from the brain stem, and that by 2 months old the top part of the brain takes over. She will start to have troubles with absolutely everything that requires her to live. Currently, she is the most beautiful baby girl you would ever want to see, and responds, cries, poops, sleeps like a normal newborn baby. After reading this article, I would like to think there is hope, but with only 25% or less brain mass...how could that be possible

Sometimes I can't stand doctors. They don't know anything but they make wild crazy cowboy assumptions like the little girl with a condition like this will start to have trouble with "absolutely everything." Doctors don't know. They don't even know how that civil servant functions.
He probably has better penmanship and spelling then most doctors.

Time to laugh at what doctors really FEEL they THINK they know.

Bunraku

Sometimes I can't stand doctors. They don't know anything but they make wild crazy cowboy assumptions like the little girl with a condition like this will start to have trouble with "absolutely everything." Doctors don't know. They don't even know how that civil servant functions.
He probably has better penmanship and spelling then most doctors.

Time to laugh at what doctors really FEEL they THINK they know.

Do you have chronic illnesses?
No one else in the world hates doctors than a person with chronic illness :whistling:

JUPITERASC

brainless.png