Question re: job change

ramsye

Hi,

I am looking to change jobs and I am wondering when things will materialize -- also will this new job entail a change in country/location? If so, can you tell me anything more about this and how it could affect my next year or two?

Thanks in advance, I would really appreciate your thoughts/insights. My date of birth is March 2, 1975 -- I was born at 11 a.m. in Chennai (Madras), India. My sun sign is pisces and my rising sign is Taurus.

Thanks again,
ramsye

wilsontc

Staff member
Career

Ramsye,

There are two different indications about career in your transit chart. On the challenging side, you have transiting (planets in the sky) Neptune (spirituality, also confusion) conjunct (energy is combined with) Mercury (thinking/daily work); so you may be confused in your thinking right now. Also you have transiting Saturn (duty, also career, restriction) about to conjunct your Nadir (inner world); so you may soon have feelings of inner restriction and self-examination as to what you should be doing with your life.

However, you have recently had Jupiter (expansion, also opportunity) trine (energy goes very easily with) your Midheaven (outer world); so you may have recently had some type of opportunity in the outer world. You also have Pluto (transformation, also power) sextile (energy goes easily with) Midheaven; so you may be able to have power over your outer world in helping to direct yourself to another career.

The indications are that you might have career opportunities around you right now but either be too confused or too inwardly restricted to have taken advantage of them. Instead of career, there are indications that now is a time of spirituality and an inward focus on your duties and responsibilities. While you could try to have a career at this time, your judgement might be confused and so you might not make the best choice.

So you might want to stay with the career you now have for the next couple of years and begin inwardly to prepare for a career change so that when your mind clears and you feel more structured you will make the best choice.

Urging waiting,

Tim

ramsye

Tim, thanks so much for taking time out to respond. Here's my analysis which was different than yours (but I am only a novice really!) -- I thought changes would come my way (in terms of a job not the career -- I am thinking more short term) since currently

1. Uranus trine Moon -- indicating opportunity for changes -- both spiritually and surroundings -- so I was thinking that I would move -- I am not sure if this could indicate moving to another country or just a new location.

2. Uranus conjunction Sun -- which indicates more self-expression -- and for me my work is an important way of self-expression and I have been feeling restricted of late -- so this began a few months ago and is running till Jan 2007 -- so that indicates positive changes for me also.

3. Saturn trine Venus -- means I will be more realistic in terms of negotiating career deals.

So because of the above three I expected a positive change...mmm. I don't see Neptune currently influencing me -- maybe I am missing something.

Thanks again Tim.
In learning partnership. ramsye

wilsontc

Staff member
Four powerful points in a chart

Ramsye,

In looking at transits, one of the first things I look for is transits of the outer planets (Jupiter, Saturn, Uranus, Neptune, and Pluto) to the four power points of the chart: Ascendant, Nadir, Descendant, and Midheaven. In your case you have TWO outer planet transits going on at opposite ends of your chart between the Nadir (inner world) and Midheaven (outer world). This seems to indicate some type of a "split" or "tug of war" between what you want to BE in the outer world and who you feel you ARE in your inner world. It was in this context that I looked at your job change.

Perhaps part of the "confusion" in daily work is symbolized by your interest in a job change. Why do you want to change your job? What do you want to change your job to? What do you see yourself as doing in the new job? Where will this new job take you in three years, five years, seven years? If you can't answer any of these questions (or haven't thought of them), then maybe this attempt to change your job is an attempt to handle the confusion and stress of the moment. I am only suggesting that this is a VERY short term solution and, most likely, any change you make now (especially a job change with no future) could become a problem later when you DO decide to build a new career.

When I saw two MAJOR transits indicating career at a low point (Saturn moving to the Nadir) and job confusion at a high point, (Neptune conjunct Mercury conjunct Midheaven), I decided to answer the question by steering you away from JOB issues and urging you to focus more on PERSONAL (spiritual, as you say) issues.

Also, easy Uranus transits frequently have to do with impulsive decisions. Often after the Uranus transit is over we regret what we impulsively jumped into! ;)

Over-explaining,

Tim

ramsye

Tim, very perceptive of you. Ok, I am considering short-term solutions since I am very uninspired in my current job and I am actually considering another job that's come my way that may not fit in with all my long-term goals, but it does fit in with some.

In addition to the above, I have another opportunity starting January in Europe in my career line but it's a little risky because it is a short-term contract and I am trying to decide if I should take it.

In any case, there is some confusion here -- like you said -- but I am continuing to look for a job which fits in with both my short-term and long-term goals. And the reason my career is so important is because for me, what I do (my job) has a huge influence on my personal life and there cannot be one without the other and hence I seek the inspiration of another job.

Let me ask you a question: do you see any change in residence for a job indicated in another few months?

Seeking inspiration,
ramsye

wilsontc

Staff member
Change in residence

ramsye,

Any transiting (planets in the sky) planet conjuncting the Nadir (inner world, also edge of the 4th house (home, also emotions) ) will often affect our home environment. A Saturn (duty, also career, restriction) transit to the Nadir could indicate a change in residence due to career. But be aware that this change in residence may be very stressful and cause you to withrdaw inward. As long as you are aware of this tendency, you can work to convert this "withdrawal" energy toward positive career energy. Best of luck with your career goals!

Careering,

Tim