your partner and astrology

julia

Do you prefer your partner to be familiar with astrology? Or do you prefer a partner who has no knowledge at astrology?

Tamara

it really doesn`t matter for me...i`ve never told any of my partners that i`m interessted in astrology...my plutonian nature doesn`t allow me to be very open...

Saturnian

I don't have particularly a preference on this.I don't want our hobbies to be totally identical.I'll just appreciate it if he can understand that I like it and is not close-minded.That's all I am asking for.I am so bored of people "oh astrology is this and that,and it's stupid".

SagiCap

I would hate to date someone very closeminded and just opposed to the idea of astrology - but I'd understand it. Some people just make decisions to not accept certain things and make limits in their life. I respect that too. (I have Mars in Libra. Can you guess?)

When I read this question, I have to confess, I had a very gut-level reaction that made me question myself! I thought: "Only if he can't figure out secrets about me or use it against me!" Now, why would I think that, I ask myself. Thanks for you question, it's really making me wonder!

:)

bittermoon

I like the idea of a partner who's also interested in astrology. At the same time, my Scorpio Moon feels slightly threatened by the idea of someone being able to figure me out by looking at my chart!

julia

My opinion about this : I prefer a partner, who has knowledge and is interested in astrology. This means that we help each other or better to say that he will help me a lot because I am a baby at astrology. I like the idea of spending time together on astrology. On the other hand, if he does not know astrology at all,it is ok again. In case, he wants to learn astrology, I have no problem to help him....Whether he knows or not, I do not care if he knows my "bad" points at my character...If someone is with me, it means that he loves both of my "good" and my " bad" points of my personality.

hazelrah

My opinion about this : I prefer a partner, who has knowledge and is interested in astrology. This means that we help each other or better to say that he will help me a lot because I am a baby at astrology. I like the idea of spending time together on astrology. On the other hand, if he does not know astrology at all,it is ok again. In case, he wants to learn astrology, I have no problem to help him....Whether he knows or not, I do not care if he knows my "bad" points at my character...If someone is with me, it means that he loves both of my "good" and my " bad" points of my personality.

I'm pretty lucky in this area because my husband is a true believer in astrology, but isn't really interested in learning for himself. There are a few things in my chart that are pretty hard for me to look at, nevermind having them come up each time we disagree.LOL

julia

I'm pretty lucky in this area because my husband is a true believer in astrology, but isn't really interested in learning for himself. There are a few things in my chart that are pretty hard for me to look at, nevermind having them come up each time we disagree.LOL

You must be an interesting couple...Do you use often astrology at your daily matters? What about your kids (if you have)? Are they also into astrology?

Neptune Rising

I'd like a partner that is openminded to astrology, but I think it would be strange to talk about the next lunation with him. Perhaps that is just because I like some of my interests to have to myself. I wouldn't mind if he did yoga, meditation or photography which are my other interests, but I like to have astrology to myself in a partnership.

Then again, I have never met a man in person as a friend who is interested in astrology. Astronomy yes, stargazing is wonderful with a partner.

jsummerfield

Neptune Rising: I agree! Stargazing is such a romantic activity :)

For some reason, the men I've been attracted to have always been skeptics of astrology. I guess opposites do attract to some extent!

Opphiucan

I don't have to even think about it - the last two Aquarian's couldn't commit to the conversation long enough to give it any thought; the Gemini before them sounded like he was working on something else but told me in passing his religion worked just fine, thanks though...next!

Neptune Rising

Yes stargazing with a flask of hot tea and picnic of biscuits/cake :smile:

I had a different partner that thought astrology was a religion, because I 'beleived' in it.... I lost my belief in that relationship after a very short time.

:andy:

Ha with Capricorn on my Des I should be so lucky, but in reality I don’t think it really matters, though at other times I think it would make a tremendous difference. But then again having Capricorn on my Des, I’m not sure it actually would.

Fascinating question

julia

I'd like to ask you something...why don't you want a partner, who knows you well even your "disadvantages" through your natal chart? It will be a challenge for him/her to find parts of you from your chart...

Opphiucan

Most the people I date are narcissists so they don't really care about advantages or disadvantages in my chart...time to look at that stoopid Saturn Venus opposition I forgot about for a few days again!!!

Veronica

I'd like a partner that is openminded to astrology, but I think it would be strange to talk about the next lunation with him. Perhaps that is just because I like some of my interests to have to myself. I wouldn't mind if he did yoga, meditation or photography which are my other interests, but I like to have astrology to myself in a partnership.

Then again, I have never met a man in person as a friend who is interested in astrology. Astronomy yes, stargazing is wonderful with a partner.

Wish I could do this... any day soon with a significant other. It sounds romantic.

Mia1982

Being open-minded about astrology is great, being interested in it on a level beyond just Sun signs is better. Most of my exes have been closed-minded about that and about other facets of spirituality I consider important, such as reincarnation, which could be one reason those relationships have gone bad.

EhTeam

If he had interest, I would tell him.
It doesn't bother me if he knows or not, but he enjoys listening to me talk about something I enjoy and learns a bit more each time I explain something.

Recently I had my chart blown up on my 22+ inch monitor while in chat, he turns around and has no idea what I am doing:

Him: What is that voodoo witch craft **** on your screen?
Me: It's my Natal chart, and it's more like a horoscope but in detail.
Him: .... ok, carry on with your science expieriment.

catastrophe

Hah... this sounds just like my life :joyful: :pouty: