About Saturn...

chris

Even after studying all of the meanings and archetypes the planets and other bodies hold, I never really knew how to interpret Saturn. I know that Saturn is associated with order, work, and discipline, but I never really knew how it ties into the birth chart.

I have heard people say how and where we create order in our lives; I have heard others say Saturn tells us how we feel not-good-enough about ourselves.

How does Saturn actually affect us and how do you look at it in the chart? That has always confused me.

Flowergirl

I recently got hold of Liz Green's book on Saturn... it's been very interesting and revealing so far (I'm still reading it)...

Lovebug

You may be thinking to hard about this. Saturn is exactly what you described both interpretations. I have saturn in my second house therefore I never feel I have enough money but I also know it is my sole responsiblity to control my funds and spending. It also makes my good about managing my money and saving.

chris

You may be thinking to hard about this. Saturn is exactly what you described both interpretations. I have saturn in my second house therefore I never feel I have enough money but I also know it is my sole responsiblity to control my funds and spending. It also makes my good about managing my money and saving.

Okay, so I was right this entire time?

Does it also indicate how you create order in your life?

Lovebug

Yes you were. Saturn of course rules other things things like old age, maturity, government and etc just like other planets rule a multiple of things.

Thats one way to put it. Its not always how you create order (though it can be) but More where you want order. You may feel insecure or unfullied without it. Lets say I was being irresponsible and wasn't really keeping track of my spending habits. Soon as I see how little money I have I may feel a lack of control in my life and strive to fix it. If I go broke I don't feel safe or comfortable.

Last edited:
Even after studying all of the meanings and archetypes the planets and other bodies hold, I never really knew how to interpret Saturn. I know that Saturn is associated with order, work, and discipline, but I never really knew how it ties into the birth chart.

I have heard people say how and where we create order in our lives; I have heard others say Saturn tells us how we feel not-good-enough about ourselves.

How does Saturn actually affect us and how do you look at it in the chart? That has always confused me.
SATURN IN THE HOUSES

Houses: angular houses 1/7 4/10 the energies of planets placed here are obvious cos it's your 'shop window' visible for everyone to see. Next the succeedent houses 2/8 & 5/11 the energies in these houses are not in shop window the are in the shop, but stood behind the counter, ready to come out when needed. Lastly, cadent houses 6/12 & 3/9 these houses/planets are not in shop window or stood behind the counter, they are in the back storeroom and only come out when 'triggered' or an emergency and much harder to recognise and access...

The houses are like the backdrop of a stage, the setting if you like, the planets are like actors and the aspects are how the planets behave in that settings/stage....So remember you may find it harder to identify with planets and Saturn in this case in Cadent houses….

"Saturn’s" influence seems to be more obvious in the houses than in the signs ‑ can rule the life with an iron rod, although invisible, by undermining the sense of ­self‑worth and making it difficult for the individual to permit any close emotional contacts.

Saturn's sign indicates what you find uncomfortable and must learn to manage.

Where and how you feel a lack of confidence -- the house position of Saturn defines where you need to establish your skills, an issue you worry about and wish you could depend on !

Takes 28 years to go around zodiac. Stays in each sign of approx 2.1/2 yrs
Keywords: Saturn = Structure, duty, limitation, restriction.

If Saturn and Uranus fall in the same sign or house we get caught in a cleft stick, wanting to make changes but fearing to let go of the old.
Trines and Sextiles furnish the resilience and flexibility to pull through and make improvements.
With Squares, Oppositions, and Quincunx's we fight it out; restless, wanting to be different yet clinging to security.

You only have on challenge from Saturn ie; square to sun, which suggests restrictions and limitations coming from father or male archetypal influences in early childhood...

Saturn in the 4th house
· Saturn here operates in the latter part of life when its negative aspects are much harder to take. In the roots of the being a selfishness that must be broken up or the dues will be collected in the latter part of life.
· Can gain through real estate and land.
· Possibility of trouble with indigestion due to emotions. The ulcer type.
· Often strong mother complex and a tendency to cling to the past.
· Needs to get away from home in order to get over psychological bias. Appears independent but fears to leave home. Will be happier away from the place of birth.
· Domestic responsibilities or difficulties are likely.
· In childhood these may be the result of others` actions, but adults invariably attract these commitments.
· There is a need for domestic security ‑ often provided by physical ties. Will take great pains to make a secure home
· They would probably have to take on heavy ­responsibilities from an early age and may have had to struggle for domestic security and will work very hard to provide for your home and family. May have experienced poverty as a child