Random Thoughts, strictly Text

Whoam1

Minium wage in my state is 7.25 and the people who get paid that amount- like me- work jobs like waiting, (2.83$ hr) pretty much everyone here makes at least 10. It's not great but this state can't support those funds (I live in PA, where there is a huge "poor" population and unless some magic man makes that money appear it basically comes from the states large drug empire, hoping the recent legalization of medical marijuana will help curb this some).

leomoon

Minium wage in my state is 7.25 and the people who get paid that amount- like me- work jobs like waiting, (2.83$ hr) pretty much everyone here makes at least 10. It's not great but this state can't support those funds (I live in PA, where there is a huge "poor" population and unless some magic man makes that money appear it basically comes from the states large drug empire, hoping the recent legalization of medical marijuana will help curb this some).

Don't be fooled by the rich and Republican speak.....that they "cannot afford". That's simply their "doublespeak"

Robert Reich
0EtLhGT91DF2NgubtXnu4VXk1N1vzFP99f037PUFbu4yIAAAAASUVORK5CYII=

https://[B]robertreich[/B].org
He served as Secretary of Labor in the Clinton administration, for which Time Magazine named him one of the 10 most effective cabinet secretaries of the twentieth century. He has written 17 other books, including the best sellers "Aftershock,""The Work of Nations," "Beyond Outrage," and "The Common Good."

They (en masse - i.e. Republicans in general, including in PA and elsewhere), didn't blink an eye with the 2.8 TRILLION dollar Tax cut in which 85% of it when to the wealthiest.

Read Robert Reich who was the Treasury Secretary back when Clinton balanced the general budget of the country.

And of course, read anything you can from Senator Sanders, they will well explain to you what is really going on. They are both on Twitter and Facebook, and have their own Blog (Reich who helped Clinton pay off the National Debt)

p.s. the Walton family, the wealthiest in the U.S. now, with these extra tax breaks, etc managed to do another 20BILLION dollar stock "buyback" for themselves this quarter. Now why don't they provide everyone in their companies who work to make them great each day, instead with a decent living wage wherein the person has no need to go to the welfare dept. for food stamps to add to their income?
Consider this:

1. Here's What It Would Cost Walmart To Raise Wages To $15 An ...
    0EtLhGT91DF2NgubtXnu4VXk1N1vzFP99f037PUFbu4yIAAAAASUVORK5CYII=

https://www.huffpost.com/entry/walmart-wages-15...
    Jun 13, 2016 · CHICAGO (Reuters) - Wal-Mart Stores Inc <WMT.N> would have to spend an additional $4.95 billion if it were to raise the minimum wage for its hourly employees in the United States to $15 per hour from the current $10 per hour, according to an estimate by the UC Berkeley Center for Labor Research.

This means, it would cost them LESS then their quarterly stock buyback which only enriches themselves. And they'd STILL have leftover, 15 BILLION dollars for the quarterly Stock buyback option.

https://www.payscale.com/research/US/Employer=Walmart.com/Hourly_Rate

Last edited:

Oddity

This will cause a lot of small businesses to go under. And large businesses will turn to more automation. A lot of people will lose their jobs - the estimate is about 1.4 million.

In many places, people do need more money to live, I get that, believe me. But is it better to have no money than a little money? Is it better to have only mega-corps left and no independent enterprise?

There are no solutions here, only trade-offs. So which is better and which is worse?

david starling

This will cause a lot of small businesses to go under. And large businesses will turn to more automation. A lot of people will lose their jobs - the estimate is about 1.4 million.

In many places, people do need more money to live, I get that, believe me. But is it better to have no money than a little money? Is it better to have only mega-corps left and no independent enterprise?

There are no solutions here, only trade-offs. So which is better and which is worse?

Here, see what you think of this:

First, raise the tax rates a LOT on those in the highest brackets, starting at incomes over a million dollars a year, no loopholes, no offshore accounts.

Then, give a LARGE tax deduction for those showing proof that they used their high income to create living wage employment for the workers of America. And, the more living wage jobs they've helped to create and maintain, the larger the tax deduction.

Oddity

Raise taxes a lot on rich people with big businesses? Watch them flee and take their businesses with them to a country that's more tax-friendly.

That's the likely result, David.

ETA: I would much prefer that we support small businesses. So many have gone under, so many more are hurting because of the covid lockdowns. I don't want to encourage more monopolies and near-monopolies. The world has too many of them already.

david starling

Raise taxes a lot on rich people with big businesses? Watch them flee and take their businesses with them to a country that's more tax-friendly.

That's the likely result, David.

ETA: I would much prefer that we support small businesses. So many have gone under, so many more are hurting because of the covid lockdowns. I don't want to encourage more monopolies and near-monopolies. The world has too many of them already.

What about incentivizing the investment in job-creation in the U.S. with commensurate tax deductions?

The U.S. economy didn't collapse when the tax on the highest brackets was between 60 and 90 percent, prior to "Greed is Good" Ronald Reagan.

Oddity

A bit, perhaps? But again we're favouring monopolies over small businesses - is that okay with you? I'd much prefer to see smaller than bigger right now. Or would you just say the people who lose their businesses can go to work for amazon, google, etc - provided they voted the right way in the last election and their future employer can't find anything cancellable about them? Yes, this is a real concern. I wish it weren't.

What about incentivizing the investment in job-creation in the U.S. with commensurate tax deductions?

The U.S. economy didn't collapse when the tax on the highest brackets was between 60 and 90 percent, prior to "Greed is Good" Ronald Reagan.

leomoon

David Starling: You may want to write to Senator Warren and send her these two lines or would you rather I be the emissary? I'd need your pemission to give her this idea.

First, raise the tax rates a LOT on those in the highest brackets, starting at incomes over a million dollars a year, no loopholes, no offshore accounts.

Then, give a LARGE tax deduction for those showing proof that they used their high income to create living wage employment for the workers of America. And, the more living wage jobs they've helped to create and maintain, the larger the tax deduction

Senator Elizabeth Warren's "Wealth Tax" is gaining some bi-partisan GOP support. Better then Biden's - Covid Relief bill with not 1 Republican -

https://www.newsweek.com/elizabeth-warrens-wealth-tax-gains-support-gop-voters-1572910

her proposal is mounting support from voters on both sides of the aisle.The Ultra-Millionaire Tax Act would tax the net worth of America's richest people by applying a 2 percent tax to those with a net worth above $50 million and a 3 percent tax to those worth above $1 billion. Net worth includes value of stocks, real estate, cars and anything else a person owns, minus their debts.

Last edited:

david starling

David Starling: You may want to write to Senator Warren and send her these two lines or would you rather I be the emissary? I'd need your pemission to give her this idea.

Senator Elizabeth Warren's "Wealth Tax" is gaining some bi-partisan GOP support. Better then Biden's - Covid Relief bill with not 1 Republican -

https://www.newsweek.com/elizabeth-warrens-wealth-tax-gains-support-gop-voters-1572910

Please feel free. I haven't seen it proposed by anyone in the Legislature.

leomoon

A new Litigation Tool:

2020-2021 Lawsuits pending for Donald J. Trump:

https://www.justsecurity.org/75032/...riminal-and-civil-cases-against-donald-trump/

and just breaking: Trump - Felix Sater's connections:

NEW LAWSUIT: likely will bring out more about this sleazy operation : (too long to post)

https://www.rawstory.com/trump-sate...l&utm_campaign=6682&recip_id=320818&list_id=1

The documents alleging Sater's illicit conduct are listed in the lawsuit brought by the city of Almaty, the capital of Kazakhstan, and the looted BTA Bank in that city.
Some of the $440 million was intended to finance a Trump tower in Moscow, court papers show.
During the 2016 campaign Trump's then fixer, lawyer Michael Cohen, told a top aide to Vladimir Putin that the modern czar would be given the tower's $50 million penthouse. The Moscow tower was never built.
The gratuity, first reported by Buzzfeed, was intended to ensure that Russian oligarchs snapped up the rest of the apartments. Trump would have a huge windfall after, to his own surprise, he became the American president. As a candidate, Trump lied repeatedly, insisting he had no business dealings in Russia and was not pursuing any deals.

https://www.rawstory.com/trump-sate...l&utm_campaign=6682&recip_id=320818&list_id=1

Last edited:

leomoon

Lawsuit charging Trump's pals - Remember Bayrock?

You can find reference to "Trump" in this lawsuit too, 2019 - filed in NYC:

https://www.courthousenews.com/wp-content/uploads/2019/03/Sater.pdf

UNITED STATES DISTRICT COURT SOUTHERN DISTRICT OF NEW YORK CITY OF ALMATY, KAZAKHSTAN and BTA BANK JSC, Plaintiffs, -against-

FELIX SATER, DANIEL RIDLOFF, BAYROCK GROUP INC., GLOBAL HABITAT SOLUTIONS, INC., RRMI-DR LLC, FERRARI HOLDINGS LLC, and MEM ENERGY PARTNERS LLC, Defendants.

106. For example, in or about 2005, Bayrock LLC and the Trump Organization had partnered to build the Trump SoHo, a forty-six-story hotel and condominium in Manhattan, New York. During construction of the Trump SoHo, Bayrock LLC maintained offices at Trump Tower in Midtown Manhattan. Also in 2005, the Trump Organization had entered into a one-year Case 1:19-cv-02645 Document 1 Filed 03/25/19 Page 27 of 6125 agreement with Bayrock LLC that gave it the exclusive right to construct a Trump International Hotel and Tower in Moscow, Russia. Before the agreement lapsed, Sater traveled to Russia on a scouting trip related to the project.
You can "F" find Trump's name in many places in this lawsuit just "flush" with his Russian mob buddies many of whom rented or purchased suites /condos in Trump Tower.

We may even get to hear him added to said lawsuit as they go on.....:bandit:

Last edited:

leomoon

Today it was revealed by the NY Times, that both Trump and his wife had the Covid19 Vaccine they told no one about- prior to leaving the White House after the Inauguration of Joe Biden.

They had the vaccine, and he didn't tell the Republicans either when 47% of Republicans in a Poll said they'd not get the vaccine if its available.

But Trump, their "golden idol" did. He just didn't tell anyone :devil:
Probably because he got wind of knowing Maggie Haberman was releasing the news that he rec'd the vaccine finally told everyone:

Maggie Haberman@maggieNYT

Trump yesterday, at CPAC, said for the first time that "everyone" should get the coronavirus vaccine developed while he was in office. An adviser tells me both Trump and Melania Trump got vaccinated at the White House in January.

nice guy huh? What kept his wife from tweeting it to the populace? WHY did they get it, but didn't inform the public at large when they know so many millions follow him?

Ukpoohbear

Waking up before my alarm and having a quick glance at this thread and seeing it’s becoming infested with politics I have just realised how infested the whole forum is with it. Something has just clicked. It’s too much.

It’s too much.

david starling

Waking up before my alarm and having a quick glance at this thread and seeing it’s becoming infested with politics I have just realised how infested the whole forum is with it. Something has just clicked. It’s too much.

It’s too much.

Please be patient. It's just the aftermath to a very bad year in America.

I'm stopping. I hope others will too.

There are plenty of other threads for the political stuff.

Last edited:

Whoam1

I hope we destroy ourselves. It would make sense. Asain tribes invaded europe (celts). Those tribes revolted by becoming germanic, te romans and Germanic tribes that became england was overthrown and turned into what is today england, they made us last; we overthrew them. Then we overthrew ourselves, but we really didn't because the same concepts where people can only get helped by being given hand outs (and not tools, for they do not have the intellect)- if you don't believe me I'm sorry find an older rich white democrat male in today's society...

It's going to be sick, but it's kind of fun watching the whole thing happen again (sort by colors)

Whoam1

Aside from that astrology wise america is in an Eris' Mode. It's Crisis after Crisis (she is megenta, sublime, chaotic. If Mars is displacement she is disruption. He fules the fire, she sparked it). One of my most angular planets (Eris', Uranus,Sun,Jupiter)