Astrologers' Community  

Go Back   Astrologers' Community > General Astrology > Predictive Astrology > Solar returns

Solar returns Talk about your experience with solar returns in predictive astrology.

Unread 10-13-2006, 05:54 AM

Send a message via Yahoo to freedomlover
A rather odd solar return chart

My birthday is upcoming next month. I did my solar return chart for the coming year. I thought it was a rather odd one, especially the loaded 12th house. Does anybody have any thoughts on what the coming year could hold for me?

View Solar Return Chart

"The intuitive mind is a sacred gift and the rational mind is a faithful servant. We have created a society that honors the servant and has forgotten the gift." ~Albert Einstein
Unread 10-13-2006, 06:33 AM
Senior Member, Moderator

spirituality

freedom,

Since the 12th house is about "spirituality," a strong focus in the 12th house indicates that the year may be very "spiritual" in some way. This is reinforced by the connection of the Pisces (spirituality) planets to the 12th house. Since "spirituality" is achieved by breaking down boundaries, there is also the possibility of confusion or deception. Be especially careful of scams or those who promise enlightenment...for a price.

Spiritually,

Tim
Unread 10-13-2006, 06:51 AM

Re: A rather odd solar return chart

Hey there I can't believe all those squares to your loaded 12H. Seems like this year is going to REALLY reinforce that natal Tsquare to your 12H Mercury! This might be a big one for you. If it comforts you at all, I have a grand cross in my current SR chart, and have really enjoyed it, so I think squares in the SR chart can really work out as quite positive, as well as challenging.

I'd like to improve my understanding of SR charts, and will come back as soon as I can to offer you some kind of interpretation. I use tighter orbs, so you might loose some of those squares

Last edited by Howl; 10-13-2006 at 06:54 AM.
Unread 10-14-2006, 02:49 AM

Thank you, Tim and Howl, for your replies.

Howl, good point about tying that in with my natal Mercury retrograde in the 12th. Hmmm......... Pluto is also transiting my natal Mercury retrograde in the 12th. Any thoughts on the Pluto in the 1st in the solar return?

"The intuitive mind is a sacred gift and the rational mind is a faithful servant. We have created a society that honors the servant and has forgotten the gift." ~Albert Einstein
Unread 10-14-2006, 12:54 PM

deleted post.

Last edited by jagetoile; 01-08-2008 at 02:28 PM.
Unread 10-14-2006, 02:17 PM

Hi there Freedomlover, I hope things have lightened up a little for you now. I certainly noticed your absence I have your chart locked and loaded, and here are my preliminary thoughts

For the sake of clarity, I have reduced the number of aspects that I will consider. Here is what I see as significant, in order of "weight"

1. Saggitarian ascendant, Pluto in 1H
2. Emphasis on cadent houses (12, 3)
3. tight Moon Uranus conjunction, 3H, square:
4. Jupiter, Sun, Venus conjunction, 12H
5. Mercury square Neptune
6. Saturn square Pluto
7. Nodal axis intercepted in Pisces/Virgo, 3H/9H

Last edited by Howl; 10-14-2006 at 02:23 PM.
Unread 10-14-2006, 02:20 PM

2. Beginning with number two, cadent houses, because I like to defy the order I just tried to create . The following is a quote from Lillybelle, which she typed from a book, and I consider it quite useful...

Quote:
"The Sun rotating through the cadent houses emphasizes the mind's ability to gather infomation from various sources, and transform this information into cohesive knowledge. Each of the cadent houses relates to a different tpe of information, but the four of them collectively represent a time of preparation, reassessment, and reorganization.

The activities of these houses may unfold behind the scenes and be used as stepping stones toward a major achievement which may not occur until the Sun moves into an angular house or close to the angle on the cadent side. The time spent in the cadent houses will increase your ability to make good decisions if you evaluate your options and situations in a knowedgeable manner.

Each cadent house rules a different form of information and a different process for acquiring such infomation. More specifically, the third house is associated with left-brain factual data learned through reading, studying, and communication. Information is conveyed by others and arises outside of the individual. Within the realm of the 12th house falls all the intuitive, right-brain processes. Infomation is acquired through meditation, prayer, acts of faith, reflection, and introspection. Organising information into a big-picture overview shifts consciousness into an expanded state of oneness with all life. One goes within to increase awareness and gater insight. 9th house informtion processes are integrational. The individual seeks to merge all gatherd infomtion into beliefs, a philosophy, a code of ethics, or a religious understanding that fosters rules to live by and a pespective on the meaning of life. In the 6th house one tests what he or she knows, hoping to discover what works and what does not work. This is the house of practical applications, confirmations, and the exposure of what does not work or is not true. Information is gathered through xperimentation, common sense reasoning, and "how-to" training. The efficacy of all information and acquisiton processes is up for review.
Unread 10-15-2006, 12:38 AM

To: Jag

Thank you for your insight and encouragement. That's interesting what you said about helping people. Just in the last 24 hours, I've sensed that the Spirit was telling me that I was a "rescuer", and trying to help everyone, and that this was sapping my strength. What you said was confirmation.

To: Howl

Again, thanks for your insight. Regretfully, no, things have not eased up except a very small bit. I am thankful for that small bit, but was looking for some more hope. Hence this question, as I'm hoping this year will be different.

So... a period of preparation, reassessment, and reorganization, huh? That jibes with what I've been picking up intuitively. And there may be no action until the Sun reaches what? Can you sense a timing on that? From what I read of the chart, much of what is going on is what I'm going through right now, as far as being turned inside out and reshaped, and it's still 6 weeks till my birthday. What about the whole next year??? I'm really interested in hearing the rest of your list of insights. But I'm patient. That's a virtue, right?

Unread 10-15-2006, 04:12 AM

Your patience is rewarded, with my next instalment As for timing in a SR chart, they are generally considered to be "fixed" charts for the entire year, I believe. The only reference to timing I have grasped is the idea that an emphasis on angular houses brings much action, from the beginning of the year onwards, suceedent houses bring sustained action throughout, and cadent houses bring preparatory action, with the emphasis being in the last third of the year. So perhaps things you focus on next year might start "connecting" and moving forward in an obvious manner around the end of September. Keep in mind though that transits and progressions will probably give you a more detailed sense of timing than the SR chart, which I see as more of a thematic overview of the year.

Okay, number 1. You and I both know, there's no better sign to have than Saggie . A Sagittarian ascendant is going to "bring forth" some different personality traits than your natal Capricorn one, however, with a natal Saggie Sun/Merc, you have certainly got it in you. It also resonates quite nicely with your progressed ascendant in Aqua. By the way your progressed chart is quite pretty at the moment, interesting pattern! But I diverge...

Saggie ascendant:the following comes from http://grupovenus.com/main.htm, which offers a free mini SR report. I don't agree with all of it, but think that the gist is good. I expect that these themes might well be "magnified" for you, given that you also have Sun conjunct Jupiter in your SR chart. Watch out, she's going to EXPAND!!
Quote:
This is a period of expansion, personal growth and general good luck. You will feel a desire to expand your spheres of interest beyond that with which you are familiar. Your idealism will also increase, and you will feel strong attraction for religion, philosophy, law, the metaphysical, and the higher sciences. Good humor and happiness will be principal elements that draw people to you who are positive and beneficial.

Your independence will be accentuated, together with a desire to travel and become acquainted with distant lands. If you had planned it, this is a good year for travel. In addition, if you had been thinking about the future, you will begin to feel a sense of anxiety and will then carry out your plans. Regarding these plans, in general they will be big, and you won't be satisfied with smaller ones. You are unwilling to be content with your present sphere. There will be a tendency to exaggerate, to be overly optimistic, to be preoccupied with the outcome, and to ignore any potential dangers. You won't lack faith in yourself and your plans, but there is a risk of committing mistakes that you will later regret, because you ignored any potential problems. Be realistic! Maintain your positive attitude, but try to direct your energy along the most concrete possible road. If you are by nature a serious and reserved person, this year will surprise everyone, because you will become more talkative, happy and spontaneous. If you are disorderly and irresponsible to a certain degree, your situation will be more complicated. But regardless of your basic temperament, good humor will prevail and help to resolve any problem that presents itself.

This influence brings a strong attraction for adventure and conquest. You will be attracted to everything that is new and unusual and also a certain amount of risk or danger. You must be careful not to go overboard. Your spirit of adventure will bring you in contact with new people, other cultures, different languages, or you may enter into questionable romances.

The influence of Jupiter also tends to affect the physical body. There is a great tendency to create disorders in your digestive system and to gain weight. The fat could accumulate in the area of the hips or waist, and the liver could suffer from these excesses. You should avoid strongly seasoned foods and fried or very oily foods that are difficult to digest. Although this influence favors the practice of sports, you probably will not be very consistent in participating in them.
You will meet very unstable and changing people who may help to stimulate your intellect for the moment, but they may also increase your nervousness and your need for stability. Your feelings will be divided between two people or two situations. If you are single, you could be attracted to two (or more!) people at the same time. If you are married, you will need to find other facets of your matrimonial life that break the routine, otherwise you will feel tempted to search for other persons or to talk about a separation. People of Gemini would be ideal companions during this period because of their inborn dual nature. Infidelity could be one of the consequences of your free spirit and your conquests during this year.
Forgive my prefabricated excerpts, I will put it together once I have placed all the pieces on the table

Pluto in the 1H: connects with the elimination of aspects of, and regeneration of, your own personality. Pluto is about the depths and heights of human nature and experience, and in this chart also rules your 12H. It looks to me like you're going to be pulling the full weight of your spiritual experience into your own being, and regenerating yourself in order to be able to carry what you've learned through your personal initiative and actions. Given that Pluto is the only planet in an angular house, it really is going to be your ACTION planet for the year (use it or somebody else will use it for you ). Given that it shares Sagittarius with your Sun and Ascendant, I would suggest that part of the year's goal is definitely cultivating personal wisdom, but also deeply grounded personal optimism. So you've seen the depths, I think this SR is challenging you to simultaneously see the potentials, particularly your OWN healing potential. What a huge challenge The Sagittarian focus is going to put a lot on your plate, possibly overstimulating you to a degree, and the 1H Pluto is going to offer you the personal strength of character to release what you don't need, and cultivate what you do.

Last edited by Howl; 10-15-2006 at 05:12 AM.
Unread 10-15-2006, 08:26 PM

deleted post.

Last edited by jagetoile; 01-08-2008 at 02:28 PM.
Unread 10-16-2006, 10:23 PM

To Howl:

Wow! You make it sound like it's going to be a very good year! Transformative, but good. So, as to timing, you're saying possibly not a whole lot in the way of "public stuff" until maybe September-ish? It sure looks like I will be" behind the scenes" for the better part of the year, No? But maybe some "time off for good behavior"? rest and relaxation? healing? I have always wanted to travel abroad. There's a lot of Saggie in this chart. Could this be the year? Maybe I'll be coming to Australia to see you sooner than I thought.

To: Jag

Thanks once again for your insight. I'm glad you're responding to my thread. I've enjoyed reading your posts elsewhere in the forum since I came aboard. I guess maybe the Sag AC could "bring me out of my shell" a bit. I've always felt I was a comedian at heart, but my life was so serious that I couldn't be the "jovial" person I feel I really am. Maybe this will change this year?

Unread 10-17-2006, 02:37 AM

Quote:
Wow! You make it sound like it's going to be a very good year!
Heheh I think that every year is going to be a good year! Why expect anything less? This is in part why I am so keen on Solar Return charts. If you can SEE what the challenging themes of your year may be, perhaps you can better manage these challenges when you recognise them in your life. Optimistic AND Prepared . I've looked at my own SR charts retrospectively, and the most painfully difficult years don't appear the most threatening on paper. The difference is, in years I found the most painful, I failed to recognise the challenges I was being presented with. At the time I saw these challenges as "external" circumstance causing me misery, and waited for it to "stop" and "go back to normal", in the meantime learning my lessons the long, hard, stupid way!

My theory is, a SR chart provides you with a map of the shape of your obstacle course. When something floors you, you have a tool with which to guide your approach. You can SEE that, with Pluto in the first house, you are going to experience transformation of your personality, body and self. Knowing this, you have a choice to consciously recognise the lessons that come along, and to do your best to bring the positive manifestations forth. If you can't see or don't accept the lesson, my experience is that it will happen anyway, with you having far less choice about how it works out.

In answer to your questions: I see the year coming as challenging! I guess challenging isn't necessarily good or bad, although you can make it more of one than the other . It also looks like the year coming might connect very strongly with the issues that you currently face, given its 12H focus. With the timing thing - I don't think its the difference between "public" and "private" - that is a "above the horizon" and "below the horizon" distinction. A cadent house emphasis is more accurately about preparation, that is what "behind the scenes" means, more accurately in this context.

Picture it as if you had to build a building...the cadent houses would be researching the design, sketching the blueprints, collecting the materials and assistance you need.....and also understanding the purpose. Perhaps in the last three months of a cadent year, the scaffolding goes up and you think wow, all that effort really has amounted to something! It finally connects. Astrology suggests that in following years, when you have a angular house focus, you will see the real "action"; the building will be completed in a frenzy of manifestation. If your scaffolding isn't up to scratch, you will then find out! So, according to what I have read, your cadent house focus is about researching, gathering, questioning, refining, seeing the big picture and the purpose, planning and setting the groundwork in place. Given that its 12H/3H, the balance is between "working alone" quite possibly in a spiritual and health sense, and "working with others" in a communicative, immediate environment kind of sense. I don't think the 12H focus means "seclusion" necessarily literally. It might mean that you expend much effort on spiritual thought, rather than that you are acutally a recluse, although it appears that you will feel the need for some privacy. You are right in that there is little to indicate "public" action - working with the masses, other than 11H Mercury (comunicating wth the masses??

Healing is certainly an important part of the year to come. I'm not sure what you need to do, though you probably do

As for travel! Coming to visit me is a great idea . My only question is this: are you making plans to travel? Because no matter what your SR chart says, it's unlikely that you'll end up in Australia unless you have a purposeful plan to come here. Sorry, I can't think of a way to express this without sounding like a lecturer , but I don't feel that I can tell you whether this could be the year...only you can say so. Plenty of people have SR charts with a 9H/Saggie focus and never leave the state in which they were born! I can say that IF you choose to travel, it's likely to be connected to reasons of health and spiritual growth, and that travelling for those reasons is likely to be highly rewarding!! How does that sound?

Last edited by Howl; 10-17-2006 at 03:15 AM.
Unread 10-17-2006, 05:44 AM

Howl,

Thanks so much for all the information. You really explained it well. I even understood it.

Well, based on some of the prophetic understanding I have been given, I think I have some better of an idea of which ones of those apply to this year - thanks to your explanations. I'm getting a much better picture of the gist of the coming year.

I think it will be a relatively "lay-low" kind of year, with possibly some metaphysical training that I've been wanting to do. I sense it will be the year I will regain my health and finances, as well. I may wind up teaching some metaphysical classes myself. I would very much like to study astrology more in-depth. It looks like all of things would apply to the chart, would they not?

As to travel...... I have a good friend who is a travel agent, so she's "in" on all of the deals. She snatches up as many of these as she can, and told me I could accompany her when my health and finances permitted. So.... ya' never know!

Thanks again!

Unread 10-18-2006, 10:38 AM

Send a message via AIM to yelena234 Send a message via Yahoo to yelena234

Hello,

Here are so many answers about Solar Return, some good, some bad.

I have also this year full 12th house, all good planets. I use Solar since year 2000 and is very good kind of prediction.

I don't know how to post here my Solar and Birth Chart, but I would also hear some explanations. I have this year Pluto (in 8th) trine to Moon (in 12th), what is very good for Solar Return. I had 2001 and 2003, Pluto square Moon, and this two years happened terrible things, and consequences are worse and worse.

I was born, April 27th, 1946 at 4:50 p.m. in Karlovac, Croatia, and live now close to Kranj, Slovenia.

My Solar has AC on 8 degrees of Taurus, 2 degrees from cusp of 8th house; Sun is in 12th on AC; Jupiter is in 7th on DC (once, was Jupiter in my 7th house, my professor from University became my good friend).

Kind regards,
yelena234
Unread 10-18-2006, 03:19 PM

Hi Yelena and Freedom

Yelena, I'd like to take a look at your chart too. I must warn you though, it has taken me eons to get this far with Freedomlover's! I'm just not on task at the moment!!

Freedomlover, thanks for your comments. Funny, I have the lingering feeling that I'm managing to be somewhat....undiplomatic? blunt? (something?) every time I post. I blame Mars transiting my third house! Things have been coming out funny for a while now

I'm going to put your number 3 right here, to inspire me to fill it tomorrow. Hope I can manage to pull all this stuff I am spouting into some sort of cogent whole. **** interpretations are hard. So much intricacy in one 360degree orb, *sigh*. Here comes 3 (I still have five to go! Fortunately the aspects should be a touch more simple )

Last edited by Howl; 10-18-2006 at 03:25 PM.
Unread 10-19-2006, 06:02 AM

Not to be confusing, but.....
I may very well be moving before my birthday. And if I do, these are the changes to the solar return chart:

Mars moves into the 11th.
Pallas moves into the 1st.
Lillith moves into the 9th.

How would that change things?

(Please don't shoot me.)

Unread 10-19-2006, 06:58 AM

Quote:
(Please don't shoot me.)
Fortunately for you I aint the shooting type. Mars in Virgo is a bit more of a smoulder

WELL, this all depends on your idea of what a SR chart is. Iv'e spent quite a while wondering IF solar return charts "move", and if so, then HOW do they move? I've spent one birthday overseas, and tend to see the following year as accurately described by my "home" SR chart. My personal jury is still out on this one. I am leaning towards the persuasion that your SR chart belongs at the location that is your permanent, fixed address. So, if you move (with all of your worldy goods and with every intention of remaining at your new address for the forseeable future) then I would consider changing your SR chart This might be an excellent year for you to watch BOTH charts, and decide which one is accurate for you, thus solving the SR location dilemna! I notice that you report no change of ascendant, which would make the distinction less clear.

I WILL finish this, before your birthday

Last edited by Howl; 10-19-2006 at 07:14 AM.
Unread 08-08-2007, 04:13 PM

Just a FYI update on how this chart has played out for me so far this year.

The 12th house emphasis has been sickness, isolation, and forgiveness.
I have had a lot of emotional healing and gained a tremendous amount of understanding about the deeper things of life. I have also filled up about 50 journals, kind of "Conversations with God" style.

I understand that you can often feel the effects of the new solar return a few months before your birthday. Howl had written that there would not be much public activity till around September. It seems that this is so, but not sure if it is this year's chart, or the early effects of the coming year's, as it looks much more social- with Venus in Libra in the 7th, for example.

Unread 08-09-2007, 11:03 AM

Hi

Wow, your 2006 SR chart looks a lot like mine with a heavy emphasis on the 12th house. I've attached it so you can see what it looks like.

My experience - this year has been a time of great change for me. I am making a massive career transition. My SR sun is in the 12th house too like yours. I think for me this has been a time of reflection about my future, and tackling the issues of my past. I am dealing with old family issues, losing weight. My SR Sun is close to the ascendant though which means I am struggling to be seen so I am not fully trapped in the 12th house.

In my experience in this past year a heavy emphasis of the 12th house in the SR, especially with the SR Sun in the 12th house too is about reflection and a great deal of soul searching about what is important to you and maybe dealing with your demons. You are not going to be "seen" that much because well you are doing a lot of introspection.

I have a lot of your squares as well with the added complication of the Moon opposing the 12th house. Which still beats the Grand Crosses in the SRs I've been dealing with...The Saturn squares could be problematics as it inclines you to be morose and combined with your 12th house introspection could make you isolationist and cut you off from other people. Neptune square is about deception and in your introspection you should beware of too much day-dreaming and getting lost in fantasy instead of actually doing stuff to further your goals. The Uranus squares, especially the square to the Sun is about change. You want to change but the square means you are fearful of change until one day it bursts out. That's what happened to me around my birthday. I have Uranus square my natal Moon too. Ah, lucky. For me this manifested as my desire for career change. The decision was sudden and swift though I recognise it had been building up for a few years now. You have the Moon squaring your 12th house stellium, I have the Moon opposing it. That means your emotions are in flux and you may feel a bit disturbed. I mean you are doing all this change and introspection, feeling isolationist and getting caught in daydreams. Your emotions aren't going to be happy, happy.
Attached Images
File Type: gif SR2006.gif (89.9 KB, 4 views)
Unread 08-12-2007, 12:13 AM

Yoi,

Sorry I took so long to reply. The thread got swiped and I got delayed.
I appreciate you sharing your thoughts. I always enjoy your posts.

Indeed we have had similiar years. I, too, have been trying to build my future by letting go of my past.

You wrote:
Quote:
The Uranus squares, especially the square to the Sun is about change. You want to change but the square means you are fearful of change until one day it bursts out.
My biggie was not so much my Sun, as that Venus in Sag, sitting smack on the ASC. Just in the last few days, I realized what alot of that was about. I was out of touch with my desire to teach and to travel, which my soul was screaming for. I think what you described was happening to me as you posted.

Quote:
For me this manifested as my desire for career change. The decision was sudden and swift though I recognise it had been building up for a few years now.
Yep, that, too. It's been lying just below my consciousness for years, then "WHAM!" - there it is!

Thanks again for your thoughts!

Freedomlover

Unread 10-21-2007, 11:46 AM

deleted post.

Last edited by jagetoile; 01-08-2008 at 02:29 PM.
Unread 10-21-2007, 11:49 PM

Hi

I see that you seem very concerned about the 12 house activity but please don't overlook the Sun and Saturn squaring Asc in this solar return chart for nov 2007. Both Sun and Saturn are angular in position and Sun squares Saturn also. This may bring illness or a health condition which may affect partnerships. I don't know if you are married or not but if not please watch partnerships especially with business/career concerns and Saturn is the teacher of many harsh lessons please research this further in addition to your natal so that you will be prepared and protect yourself. However the Venus in the 8th sextiling Jupiter and Pluto should bring you some happiness especially with finances so at least you know that you will have some joy. In my life Saturn has taught me some lessons and I kind of wish I didn't have to learn so much if you know what I mean. Hope I was helpful and would like to wish you the best of luck in your new solar return year!
Unread 11-26-2007, 12:34 AM

Jagetoile and ErinJ,

Thanks for your replies. Sorry this reply is so late - I've been off the forum for several months due to illness. I'm still not well, but felt like I might try to post a little.

And I guess that sums up what the years has been for me - illness. I have spent the last year, especially since May, isolated - with no personal transportation, and very, very ill. The illness got much worse in August, and I've been off the forum since then. No matter what I've tried to do to change my situation, or get medical help, it always falls through. This is mostly due to the complete lack of funds to get to appropriate treatment, as I live in a rural area.

In the last few days, I've finally broke through some fences in my mind, and I think the fences may start to come down in the outer realm very soon. I think my current solar return chart supports this ( I hope).

To ErinJ,

As to partnerships, etc,... I have had to live with an ex-boyfriend that I decided a long time ago was totally wrong for me, simply because it was a choice of that or no other choice.He has been kind, and a gentleman, but does not understand that I'm energy-sensitive, and so does nothing to make the environment better for me - despite my pleas. He just thinks I'm full of sh**. It has still been pure hell living here. (See my other threads about wanting to move for details.) I've no doubt my health, energy-wise, would be much improved if I just had better living conditions. (Of course, I guess,it IS better than the alternative. Sigh.)

Here's my new chart, since my birthday is just days away:

Tags
chart, return, solar