Astrologers' Community  

Go Back   Astrologers' Community > Welcome! > Introduce Yourself and Your Astrology Background

Introduce Yourself and Your Astrology Background Here you are welcome to tell us as much or as little about yourself as you please while also talking about your interest in astrology: we would love to get to know you! Please do not post requests for astrological chart readings or astrological advertisements here.

Unread 09-19-2010, 11:56 PM

Location: In my own little tastefully decorated ethereal world.
Formal introduction

This reminds me of the first day of school - eons ago - when you had to stand in front of the class and introduce yourself to everyone, all the while hoping you wouldn't say or do something to embarrass yourself. Nevertheless, here goes: Hello out there. Like all of you, I'm here to learn more about astrology and to understand who I am (i.e., the good and the bad) and what my purpose is.

Shortly before I celebrated the big 4-0 last year, I've felt as if some sort of spiritual awakening or re-awakening was starting to take place in my life. Sometimes I feel "presences" at night, and my dreams have become deeper. One dream actually came true, almost right down to the last detail. Anyone else going through something like this?

Libra Sun/Libra Moon/Leo Rising

Natal chart
Unread 09-20-2010, 12:34 AM

Re: Formal introduction

From another double Libran, welcome to the forum. We're a nice bunch (well most of us are :P) and you're in good company.
Fear is the one thing that stops people from living a great life, and collecting all the experience that they possibly can. And many of us build castles around us that we think will keep the threat out. All it does in reality is lock our potential in - Geoff Thompson
Unread 09-20-2010, 12:59 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Euthenic1 View Post
Shortly before I celebrated the big 4-0 last year, I've felt as if some sort of spiritual awakening or re-awakening was starting to take place in my life. Sometimes I feel "presences" at night, and my dreams have become deeper. One dream actually came true, almost right down to the last detail. Anyone else going through something like this?
I'd put this down to Neptune square Neptune:

http://practicalastrology.prettyfedu...fetransits.htm

Quote:
About the time you're getting off the roller-coaster that is the Uranus opposition, Neptune asks you to strap on your safety belt again. Neptune square Neptune occurs at about age 42 and this is usually a pretty darn happy transit. I consider it a person's spiritual initiation. This is the time when a person usually subtly or not so subtly starts feeling the need to somehow someway tap into the universal source consciousness and start living as someone who contributes to the greater good. In some ways, this transit is about actualizing your purpose in life, or more accurately, actualizing the universal purpose of leaving the world a better place once you leave than it was when you came in. This transit marks the beginning of spiritual adulthood, but it often doesn't feel like a very 'adult' transit.
Fear is the one thing that stops people from living a great life, and collecting all the experience that they possibly can. And many of us build castles around us that we think will keep the threat out. All it does in reality is lock our potential in - Geoff Thompson
Unread 09-20-2010, 02:02 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 07.Re View Post
From another double Libran, welcome to the forum. We're a nice bunch (well most of us are :P) and you're in good company.
Thanks for the welcome and the article, 07.Re. Cool! We're cosmic cousins.

Natal chart
Unread 09-20-2010, 02:09 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Caprising View Post
You might want to look at your Uranus opposition!
Will do, Caprising. Thanks. My Uranus doesn't seem to like Mars or my ascendant very much. I'm reading about the opposition to both now.

Natal chart

Tags
formal, introduction