what does chiron conjunct to nessus mean? is this a negative aspect? please help !

ivoryivy

hello ! i am new to learning about nessus and im confused on what my chiron conjunct to nessus mean. my chiron is in capricorn and it is in my 12th house. i haven’t heard anyone talk about this aspect yet.

if someone could explain that would be nice ! thank you <3

Last edited:

waybread

Any horoscope could be filled with tens of thousands of asteroids-- there are literally that many that have been mapped to date. Although I use asteroids occasionally, normally I wouldn't consider asteroid-to-asteroid aspects because it's just too easy to fill up a chart with so much space junk. I think an asteroid-planet conjunction gives the planet a bit more interpretive information.

Chiron has a lot of meaning, regardless. It's an odd little heavenly body, having some properties of an asteroid and some properties of a comet. I think it has real meaning in a chart interpretation, but I'm less convinced about the remote centaurs.

I would suggest you first get a good grasp of your chart based on the major planets and aspects.

If you want to go further with minor heavenly bodies, first get clear on their individual core lmeanings. Then think of areas of overlap in interpretation with a conjunction because these two bodies are "joined at the hip."

But please take Nessus with a grain of salt. It's been called the asteroid of "devient sexuality" and abuse, which can't possibly be true, because everyone has Nessus somewhere.

hello ! i am new to learning about nessus and im confused on what my chiron conjunct to nessus mean. my chiron is in capricorn and it is in my 12th house. i haven’t heard anyone talk about this aspect yet.

if someone could explain that would be nice ! thank you <3
In the 12th house Chiron gives a strong need for the experience of unity, ecstasy, and loss of identity, feeling overwhelmed by chaos and struggle in dealing with the practical reality of life, having a vivid imagination, but struggling to make your dreams real, having weak boundaries and a tendency to absorb identity from others, or feeling guilty about becoming an individual and being separate from others. Chiron in the 12th House may also give you a feeling of profound existential grief and loss, sacrificing your own health and well-being to help others.

In Capricorn this may all be related to your professional and career life.

I'm unaware of the effects of Nessus, but if you may find some helpful insights on Chiron in Capricorn at the link below:

Chiron in Capricorn