Anxiety, OCD and stress disorders

obsidianmineral

Is there any particular kind of aspect or configuration that you guys have seen related to this? I have experienced generalized anxiety disorder, dissociation and OCD. I've been working on it for months and it got better but I still have many problems with being able to rest easy... I observe myself sleeping and it takes me multiple sleep cycles to realize "Wait, I've been watching myself sleep this whole time" - like my consciousness won't shut off after many hours. It's the worst sensation and it happens to me very often. I'm way too obsessed with consciousness, knowledge and self-awareness, admittedly. :( I've been to a psychologist and have been adviced to get help from a psychiatrist, but I've managed to hold my own against this thing fairly well.

I have a Pisces Mercury (ruling the 12th and 3rd house) in the 9th in a partial quincunx to my Moon (ruling the 1st house) in Libra in the 4th (Libra). Could that be it?

Last edited:

Frisiangal

Hi,
In the branch of astrology associated with health issues, it's said that it's possible to see predispositions towards dis-orders that cause physical, mental and/or emotional discomfort/imbalance ....before psychology and psychiatry can.

Generally speaking,
Anxiety = Saturn,
as a result of inherent fear (false evidence appearing real) and dissassociation = Neptune,
OCD = Pluto.

The signs will provide information how the planets functions will act,
the houses realms the situations through which they are influenced.

Harsh Moon aspects usually produce the reactional response to outer influences. Harsh Sun aspects affect internal spirit conscious awareness; with a Mercury influence, the mind.

Jupiter = exaggeration, over compensation. Harshly aspected can refer to 'health' issues.
Uranus = the alternative manner of independent thought that necessitates a re-form and re-newal of the societal norms (Saturn) of which it is a part.

Venus and Mars can add their personal rather than societal influence through aspects made.

Chiron's position in harsh aspect, if used, can indicate the 'ow' of 'why it hurts'.

semi-squares = predispositions,
quincunx/inconjunct = stress and strain factors.

1st, 6th and 9th houses would show relevance.

Of help?:smile:

Mj66

I would have to say anything that has to do with mars and pluto in connection to each other will cause anger and depression.

obsidianmineral

Hi,
In the branch of astrology associated with health issues, it's said that it's possible to see predispositions towards dis-orders that cause physical, mental and/or emotional discomfort/imbalance ....before psychology and psychiatry can.

Generally speaking,
Anxiety = Saturn,
as a result of inherent fear (false evidence appearing real) and dissassociation = Neptune,
OCD = Pluto.

The signs will provide information how the planets functions will act,
the houses realms the situations through which they are influenced.

Harsh Moon aspects usually produce the reactional response to outer influences. Harsh Sun aspects affect internal spirit conscious awareness; with a Mercury influence, the mind.

Jupiter = exaggeration, over compensation. Harshly aspected can refer to 'health' issues.
Uranus = the alternative manner of independent thought that necessitates a re-form and re-newal of the societal norms (Saturn) of which it is a part.

Venus and Mars can add their personal rather than societal influence through aspects made.

Chiron's position in harsh aspect, if used, can indicate the 'ow' of 'why it hurts'.

semi-squares = predispositions,
quincunx/inconjunct = stress and strain factors.

1st, 6th and 9th houses would show relevance.

Of help?:smile:

Yes! Thank you. That’s good. I have Sun trining Pluto which may contribute to being obsessive...

Kite

Is there any particular kind of aspect or configuration that you guys have seen related to this? I have experienced generalized anxiety disorder, dissociation and OCD. I've been working on it for months and it got better but I still have many problems with being able to rest easy... I observe myself sleeping and it takes me multiple sleep cycles to realize "Wait, I've been watching myself sleep this whole time" - like my consciousness won't shut off after many hours. It's the worst sensation and it happens to me very often. I'm way too obsessed with consciousness, knowledge and self-awareness, admittedly. :( I've been to a psychologist and have been adviced to get help from a psychiatrist, but I've managed to hold my own against this thing fairly well.

I have a Pisces Mercury (ruling the 12th and 3rd house) in the 9th in a partial quincunx to my Moon (ruling the 1st house) in Libra in the 4th (Libra). Could that be it?
There are many things that could cause what you're talking about. Can you share your chart?

leomoon

I think you've nailed it. The 12th is sometimes considered to be undermining due to the potential for fantasies or greater imagination as Pisces is the natural ruler of the house. Quincunx (150°_ aspects I'm told are often medical inducements, at least they are for me. And of course you already know from your post, the 3rd is the house of our thoughts and communication style on an everyday basis.

I wonder however about the 8th house for OCD? Obsessions especially, the house of Scorpio.

I have a 6th house stellium myself, so think of the 12th often especially when I get ill.

I'm wondering why a psychologist, who is trained to be able to work with your issues, would then suggest a psychiatrist, unless there are deep past traumatic events but i"d think that's also the domain of the 2/8th house axis? (not sure about that, but perhaps)

Kite

I think you've nailed it. The 12th is sometimes considered to be undermining due to the potential for fantasies or greater imagination as Pisces is the natural ruler of the house. Quincunx (150°_ aspects I'm told are often medical inducements, at least they are for me. And of course you already know from your post, the 3rd is the house of our thoughts and communication style on an everyday basis.

I wonder however about the 8th house for OCD? Obsessions especially, the house of Scorpio.

I have a 6th house stellium myself, so think of the 12th often especially when I get ill.

I'm wondering why a psychologist, who is trained to be able to work with your issues, would then suggest a psychiatrist, unless there are deep past traumatic events but i"d think that's also the domain of the 2/8th house axis? (not sure about that, but perhaps)
A psychiatrist can prescribe anti-anxiety and depression meds - psychologists cannot.

Lin

Any MD can prescribe Xanax, Vallium or other anti anxiety drugs. I suggest beginning with the lowest dosage when the anxiety gets to the point of not being able to distract yourself from it.

IF this issue is fairly recent (less than 2 years) - it would help to post you natal chart with the transits of the onset of this current issue.(approx, of course.)

Any time this stuff invades dreams it can mean not dealing with one's fears in real time. Or not knowing what the real issues are or stem from.

Sometimes they are old issues with new ''faces.'' Sometimes they are new issues...fears...things you may not want to face totally consciously so they come to you subliminally and thru the ''symptom'' of anxiety.

That is why seeing the natal chart with the transits is important.
LIN

Eash

I would have to say anything that has to do with mars and pluto in connection to each other will cause anger and depression.

Personally, I see my conjunction Pluto Mars, (house IX) and the MC in Sagittarius, as the engine of my existence: to transform my initiatives through higher studies, that necessarily requires multiple knowledge, and above all to act according to my ideals. Saturn has long blocked my consciousness by its aspects to other planets and especially the fact that it is the master of X in III, my destiny is linked to my ability to communicate diplomatically, for example. All this to say that I do not see the depression in Pluto, rather intense crises to go through.

DarkLover

Interesting I have all the above plus severe depression sometimes and problems with a very explosive angry awful temper. I have been hospitalized for depression and attempted suicide when I was a teenager( knife cuts I made all over my arms when I was 16). I became a crazy psycho maniac several times in my life... as early as 9 years old.... sometimes I get crazy in the head and go to extremes. My wife labels me a crazy maniac sometimes who needs help and I try to tell her this has been the way I have been since I was a 9 year old boy.

amandajoie

look to the 6th house and its ruler jupiter. you might also check where the asteroid maniac falls. other than that, post the chart,dude.

Humanitarian

I have mild depression, AuDHD (Autism + ADHD, mainly ADHD), and as they contribute to my stress a lot, the indicators of my depression are Saturn in 4th house (emotional burden, negative emotions in my subconscious), Saturn square Pluto, Saturn conjunct Moon by sign, and my ADHD is indicated by my angular, elevated Uranus in Pisces, which squares both my ASC and Sun, and it even quincunxes my Moon, triseptiles my Mars also, and my autism is also indicated by Uranus elevated and angular in Pisces, and I have a Mercury conj. Pluto, Mercury squile Uranus, Uranus binovile Pluto, Saturn vigintile Moon, Moon quintile Pluto, et cetera.

amandajoie

I have mild depression, AuDHD (Autism + ADHD, mainly ADHD), and as they contribute to my stress a lot, the indicators of my depression are Saturn in 4th house (emotional burden, negative emotions in my subconscious), Saturn square Pluto, Saturn conjunct Moon by sign, and my ADHD is indicated by my angular, elevated Uranus in Pisces, which squares both my ASC and Sun, and it even quincunxes my Moon, triseptiles my Mars also, and my autism is also indicated by Uranus elevated and angular in Pisces, and I have a Mercury conj. Pluto, Mercury squile Uranus, Uranus binovile Pluto, Saturn vigintile Moon, Moon quintile Pluto, et cetera.
from those indicators i would surmise that your autism was caused by vaccine(s)s and that you are born in the 2000s when this became all too common. whats up with your 1st and 6th houses?

Humanitarian

from those indicators i would surmise that your autism was caused by vaccine(s)s and that you are born in the 2000s when this became all too common. whats up with your 1st and 6th houses?
I was born in 2009, and my 1st house is ruled by Mercury, while my 6th house is ruled by Pluto, and Autism is definitely not caused by vaccines, actually.

Humanitarian

Other details: My chart ruler, Mercury conjuncts Pluto, the ruler of my natal 6th house, and I have my natal Mercury and Pluto both squaring Saturn, and even both have connections with my Jupiter, Neptune and Chiron in Aquarius, and my autism is also regarded by mt 12th house too, since my 12th house is in Taurus and I didn't want to leave my mom's womb, since I don't want to come to this Earth at first, and the doctors pulled me violently resulting in Autism, ADHD, motor difficulties, developmental delays, and even a stroke of savant syndrome, too (due to brain damage).

StarchaserNancy

saturn in the first house and i have had anxiety since i was a kid.
You don't have to say, but I wonder what aspects does Saturn make? That's not an easy placement because so much is "expected" of you (in the 1st) from yourself maybe? Saturn, taskmaster, like a pressure on you which could result in anxiety. Anxiety is usually future oriented , so living in the present moment might help, which we all need to learn to do.

StarchaserNancy

Other details: My chart ruler, Mercury conjuncts Pluto, the ruler of my natal 6th house, and I have my natal Mercury and Pluto both squaring Saturn, and even both have connections with my Jupiter, Neptune and Chiron in Aquarius, and my autism is also regarded by mt 12th house too, since my 12th house is in Taurus and I didn't want to leave my mom's womb, since I don't want to come to this Earth at first, and the doctors pulled me violently resulting in Autism, ADHD, motor difficulties, developmental delays, and even a stroke of savant syndrome, too (due to brain damage).
That's heavy. Merc/Pluto squares Saturn. Quieting the mind would be a challenge.