Colors and Personalities - Do they match up?!

Thirdteenth

r4ebND5.gif

Hello! :joyful: I hope that the start of the Jupiter-Saturn conjunction had been really spectacular for your day. Now I’ve been reading on Williams Lily’s houses and I noticed that he had colors also associated to those houses. I’m just curious to see if these colors would have any significance on the personality of an individual and beyond questions that has to do with placing color labels on items, places and people’s outward appearance. I will be sharing the colors of the houses (but I’m sure the astounding astrologers of this forum has it memorized and noted) and keywords associated with these colors. I just ask if people were to be so kind �� to share which house has a greater influence in your chart, or shows to be prominent or the house that has the most planets in it. Also could people share their favorite colors too. It’s just a request. You have free choice to deny or accept. However it would be surely appreciated and I would be forever thankful for the participation. It helps a lot.

———————————————————————————————-—————————————————————————

Credit: http://www.skyscript.co.uk/lilly_houses.html

First House: White, grey, pale

Second House: Green

Third House: Red and yellow, or croceal or saffron

Fourth House: Red

Fifth House: Black and white, honey

Sixth House: Black

Seventh House: Dark Black

Eighth House: Green and Black

Ninth House: Green and White

Tenth House: Red and White

Eleventh House: Saffron or yellow

Twelfth House: Green

———————————————————————————————-—————————————————————————
Credit: https://www.incredibleart.org/lessons/middle/color2.htm

[Quote deleted because it exceeds 100 words. You may provide links to off forum sources, and you may quote up to 100 words from an off forum source, but quoting more than 100 words from an off forum source is against the rules. - Moderator]

Fpu11sW.gif

(A special thanks to JupiterASC for sharing all of those links when I joined here. Much love and kisses)

Last edited by a moderator:

Thirdteenth

I’m moving this thread to the Horary section because this has to be a Horary topic for sure (....) lol but anyone here could still look at it as well if it doesn’t get moved.

CapAquaPis

I have a 8th house sun in Aquarius and I love blue or green hues, also gray or grey (not sure how it's spelled) is close to black.

These are colors attributed to Aquarius and/or all Jan. and Feb. birthdays.

*Green: Nature, environment, healthy, good luck, renewal, youth, spring, generosity, fertility, jealousy, service, inexperience, envy, misfortune, vigor.

Cyan: Calmness. Teal symbolizes sophistication. Aquamarine symbolizes water. Lighter turquoise has a feminine appeal.

Blue: Peace, tranquility, cold, calm, stability, harmony, unity, trust, truth, confidence, conservatism, security, cleanliness, order, loyalty, sky, water, technology, depression, appetite suppressant.

Purple: Royalty, nobility, spirituality, ceremony, mysterious, transformation, wisdom, enlightenment, cruelty, honor, arrogance, mourning, temperance.*

Cyan or Teal is an ideal color for me and I'm a biological male, although I said to be genderfluid on the forum a few times, and Purple is historically associated with royalty or monarchy, let's say I'm a King at heart and a Queen in soul.

ElenaJ

My most active house is probably my first house, and I like to wear natural and earth colours. Second is light blue.
Which always surprised me, because warm cheery Leo with mars there, rules my 1st but I don't especially like wearing aggressive colours, or those that attract attention.
Lilly's list explains why, thanks for this thread!

Thirdteenth

I have a 8th house sun in Aquarius and I love blue or green hues, also gray or grey (not sure how it's spelled) is close to black.

These are colors attributed to Aquarius and/or all Jan. and Feb. birthdays.

*Green: Nature, environment, healthy, good luck, renewal, youth, spring, generosity, fertility, jealousy, service, inexperience, envy, misfortune, vigor.

Cyan: Calmness. Teal symbolizes sophistication. Aquamarine symbolizes water. Lighter turquoise has a feminine appeal.

Blue: Peace, tranquility, cold, calm, stability, harmony, unity, trust, truth, confidence, conservatism, security, cleanliness, order, loyalty, sky, water, technology, depression, appetite suppressant.

Purple: Royalty, nobility, spirituality, ceremony, mysterious, transformation, wisdom, enlightenment, cruelty, honor, arrogance, mourning, temperance.*

Cyan or Teal is an ideal color for me and I'm a biological male, although I said to be genderfluid on the forum a few times, and Purple is historically associated with royalty or monarchy, let's say I'm a King at heart and a Queen in soul.

Hi CapAquaPis :) Mhm. I noticed Lily placed the color blue with Aquarius (“a sky colour with blue” to be exact. An emphasis on the blue I guess cause of Aquarius “calm and cerebral disposition”). That is so intriguing how that all works to each other. I wonder if people who have a lot of Aquarian placements or significant placements in Aquarius would have an inclination to blue. I like the color blue (Top five. However not number one) but I don’t have any significant planets in Aquarius..except two but it’s really one.

I believe the eighth house colors, green and black would be a forest green (or dark color greens; if we were to swirl green and black together). Do you have a liking to that color as well? Or maybe even like a dark blue color? I’m thinking of sea green but just of a darker hue.

Thirdteenth

My most active house is probably my first house, and I like to wear natural and earth colours. Second is light blue.
Which always surprised me, because warm cheery Leo with mars there, rules my 1st but I don't especially like wearing aggressive colours, or those that attract attention.
Lilly's list explains why, thanks for this thread!

That so cool! For the sign Leo, Lily placed the colors red and green to it and the Sun, he placed yellow or yellow purple to it. Would you like to see the funny part about those colors for Leo? Red and Green creates the color brown when swirled together :joyful:

ElenaJ

That so cool! For the sign Leo, Lily placed the colors red and green to it and the Sun, he placed yellow or yellow purple to it. Would you like to see the funny part about those colors for Leo? Red and Green creates the color brown when swirled together :joyful:

Actually red and green are opposites on the color wheel, and mixing any of the opposite colors (i.e. a primary and its opposite secondary color) will give a brownish color.

Interesting comment about the light blue for Aquarius, which is of course the descendent for anyone with a Leo 1st house.

Thirdteenth

Mhm! The opposite of blue would be orange, which is warm colors for Leo! Red, orange, and yellow! Aquarius would be blue, so cool colors! Omg! but it’s that so just fascinating, like how all this works. I have so much more to learn. I’ll get there though :)

Bearbear

I have both sun and mercury in Capricorn in the 1st house, moon in cancer in 7th house. My favourite color is white and I wear a lot of white. I also like charcoal grey/ dark grey which is a color for Capricorn. :)
I also wear red, I have a red handbag that I use often.

[Deleted apparent quote that violated forum rules. The source of the quote was not cited. To post a quote from an off forum source, you must cite the source. You may repost your quote WITH the source cited. - Moderator]

Last edited by a moderator:

Osamenor

Staff member
I’m moving this thread to the Horary section because this has to be a Horary topic for sure (....) lol but anyone here could still look at it as well if it doesn’t get moved.

This isn't a horary topic. It doesn't involve a horary question, it doesn't involve a horary chart, and it isn't about horary technique. To be a horary topic, it would have to be about at least one of those things.

Furthermore, only moderators can move threads. You did not ask us to move this thread. If you had, we would've declined for the reason stated above.

Osamenor

Staff member
All:

There have been several violations of our rules on quoted material in this thread. To be clear, quotes from outside sources are only allowed if they're properly cited, no longer than 100 words, and clearly quotes. Do not post quoted material without following all of those rules.

The FAQ states:
In order to respect copyright laws, members must not paste in their posts texts copied from other websites or other publications that are over 100 words long each. A maximum of 3 quotes of texts copied from other websites or other publications is accepted per post and each quote must be from a separate website or other publication. Each quote will be indicated in some way, such as placed between quotation marks, between the tags
copyrighted text
or in some other way indicating that this is copied text. The source should be properly mentioned: book or magazine author and title, name of magazine, ideally also additional publication data. If the text is publicly available online, a link to the source should be given.

Plagiarism, defined as copying one's work and passing it off as one's own, is not accepted. Material in the public domain (that either was never copyrighted, either the copyright has expired) has to be appropriately cited also.

Please and thank you,
Osamenor