It is social work, it is theology, it is nursing!

GentlyJohnny

The one thing keeps me awake at night

This is the one thing I am dying to know of and I'd be forever grateful if you can help me out just this once: I need to know clearly what my vocational calling is.

With Jupiter in 12th and 10th Sagittarius, it seems to me I am destined to be some kind of healer; this seems reasonably true as I can be pretty empathetic. Sun in 7th and moon in 6th (squared by Saturn) mean it is in my nature serving others, again quite true as I like listening to and solving others' issues. I have always been unsure about my calling and I once thought it was due to Neptune conjuncts MC in 10th.

Yet even if I was gonna be a "healer", which career is right for me? A social worker, a nurse, a minister etc?

If you sense or see that my chart says otherwise, the million dollar question is what you think it says about my calling?

Thanks.

Attachments

• astro_2gw_anonymous.39150.20049.jpg
    astro_2gw_anonymous.39150.20049.jpg
    51.2 KB · Views: 43
Last edited:

GentlyJohnny

Re: The one thing keeps me awake at night

Hi. I once hoped that this question could be answered by Horary since I was really bothered by it and had been dying to know the answer. Yet it turned out that there's no get around, this question is just more appropriate here. Hopefully there is more luck this time around.

waybread

Please keep in mind that your horoscope shows potentials. There isn't just one career that would be consistent with your chart. Each planet, sign, and house has multiple interpretations that are still consistent with its core meanings.

Is your birth time accurate? I ask because your chart angles are at such late degrees that a time change of a few minutes might put them in a different sign.

Regardless, with sun square Neptune, it can be difficult to identify a career that fits you like hand-in-glove, because just when you think you know who you are, Neptune erases and dissolves that image.

But do you have a particular love of film? Have you ever tried your hand at film-making? You seem to have a vivid imagination.

GentlyJohnny

Please keep in mind that your horoscope shows potentials. There isn't just one career that would be consistent with your chart. Each planet, sign, and house has multiple interpretations that are still consistent with its core meanings.

Is your birth time accurate? I ask because your chart angles are at such late degrees that a time change of a few minutes might put them in a different sign.

Regardless, with sun square Neptune, it can be difficult to identify a career that fits you like hand-in-glove, because just when you think you know who you are, Neptune erases and dissolves that image.

But do you have a particular love of film? Have you ever tried your hand at film-making? You seem to have a vivid imagination.

Thanks for pointing the time change issue out, you're really good at this. Yea there may actually be (no more than) 5 minutes difference give or take; the time the chart used here is the time right at the middle. Now that you pointed that out i realised that the chart is different if few minutes late but same if early. Not sure about the rest of the signs but between Aries and Pisces ascendant I identify with Pisces as I have always been shy and hardly been a go getter or athletic. Also I was in accident twice when I was aboard (Saturn in 9th).

Ah. So Sun square Neptune is why I've felt lost. You're spot on about the "just when I think I know...and then Neptune erases and dissolves..."! You said there are potentials in me, can you see which area(s) stands out more than the rest?

I love movies. I agree that I have a vivid imagination, too much actually, which attributes to my confusion (and anxiety sometimes). I actually studied media studies for a seminar or two but didn't go on as for one I wasn't exactly good at the technical side of it and for two I wasn't comfortable keep telling the actors how to act (I was making a short film and felt weird retaking the same scene again and again simply because the body movements and facial expressions of the actors didn't match what I had in mind).

Last edited:

waybread

Thanks for your kind words.

GJ, your chart has kind of a scattered look to it, which can indicate chronic issues with focus and seeing things through to completion. (Not to worry: I have this type of chart and my life turned out OK.)

But you know the saying, "If you're going to make an omelet, you have to break some eggs." I don't think you'll find a career where you tell no one what to do, unless it's so poorly paying that you wouldn't be happy in it for the rest of your life. You may not find a career that utilizes your talents without learning some of the technical parts. Nursing, for example, requires some science courses. Social work will put you in touch with some truly nasty, gritty realities.

With your sun in the 7th house, I think you probably do excel in one-on-one situations.

We might never know your precise MC sign and degree, but either way, you are going to have Neptune up there at the top of the chart, so let's spend a moment on him.

Neptune doesn't deal with reality. It deals with beautiful illusions and bitter disillusionment. It deals with the world as it could be, and with unhappy pessimism. It misses the reality in between. (One reason why an unhappy Neptune is associated with substance abuse.)

So I think either you can see your vocation in life as some kind of mirage that constantly eludes you, or that looks exciting one minute and disillusioning the next; OR you can devise a Neptunian sort of career. Preferably one where the focus isn't on you personally, due to that old Neptune square sun (identity, sense of self) factor.

Film, of course, wouldn't exist without a huge input of fantasy. Because in reality, it's just actors in make-up and costumes, a location that may be nowhere near where the action supposedly occurs, and a bunch of people photographing, recording, &c. The magic of film is its ability to draw us into an alternate reality.

Your moon in the 6th house in Virgo is a great placement for a health care professional. Neptune in this context might deal with helping substance abusers or people with illnesses that are difficult to diagnose. Neptune is the modern ruler of oceans and the moon is the traditional ruler, so you might also enjoy a career that puts you on or close to the water.

If you are religious and have a particular faith that you wish to pursue, I think you'd be good at it. Keeping in mind (about the omelet saying,) that members of the clergy are responsible to authorities like boards of directors or people higher up in the hierarchy, and members of the congregation can get awfully disgruntled at times.

With best wishes for your journey, W.

aquarius7000

Hi. I once hoped that this question could be answered by Horary since I was really bothered by it and had been dying to know the answer. Yet it turned out that there's no get around, this question is just more appropriate here. Hopefully there is more luck this time around.
It depends on how you framed your Horary question. If you framed it the way you did this one - it is likely you did not get a precise answer. However, if you were to ask: Is theology the right profession for me, you could expect a yes/no answer.

Per your natal chart, theology seems a strong scorer here, with Jupiter (ruler of 9th & 10th) so strongly places and strict Saturn in the 9th.

GentlyJohnny

Thanks for your kind words.

GJ, your chart has kind of a scattered look to it, which can indicate chronic issues with focus and seeing things through to completion. (Not to worry: I have this type of chart and my life turned out OK.)

But you know the saying, "If you're going to make an omelet, you have to break some eggs." I don't think you'll find a career where you tell no one what to do, unless it's so poorly paying that you wouldn't be happy in it for the rest of your life. You may not find a career that utilizes your talents without learning some of the technical parts. Nursing, for example, requires some science courses. Social work will put you in touch with some truly nasty, gritty realities.

No, Thank YOU! You have spent time and effort typing all this out, I really appreciate that.
Yea it seems compared to people I know of my concentration time is lower than average and likely to leaves ideas or projects behind (After reading Amusing ourselves to death, I blame all this on spending way too much time on TV and computer when I grew up).

With your sun in the 7th house, I think you probably do excel in one-on-one situations.

You're right, I am definitely much more at ease in one-on-one situations than in a group setting.

We might never know your precise MC sign and degree, but either way, you are going to have Neptune up there at the top of the chart, so let's spend a moment on him.

Neptune doesn't deal with reality. It deals with beautiful illusions and bitter disillusionment. It deals with the world as it could be, and with unhappy pessimism. It misses the reality in between. (One reason why an unhappy Neptune is associated with substance abuse.)

So I think either you can see your vocation in life as some kind of mirage that constantly eludes you, or that looks exciting one minute and disillusioning the next; OR you can devise a Neptunian sort of career. Preferably one where the focus isn't on you personally, due to that old Neptune square sun (identity, sense of self) factor.

Film, of course, wouldn't exist without a huge input of fantasy. Because in reality, it's just actors in make-up and costumes, a location that may be nowhere near where the action supposedly occurs, and a bunch of people photographing, recording, &c. The magic of film is its ability to draw us into an alternate reality.

What you said really spot on. As you could tell I do feel like my true calling is out there somewhere and I just have to find it; I have tried my hand on (be it studied or work experience) a few careers and they were quite different from what I expected; I shadowed a criminal lawyer and realised that for one serious crimes were not as common as portrayed that 99% were petty crime, and cases like this had no sense of justice in the sense of there wasn't much to fight for, it's all paper work and routine. For more serious crime, the reality was more muddled than I thought, sometimes there was just no bad guy or victim to motivate me, sometimes none of anything mattered since it all came down to whatever the judge felt like it.
What is filming like in real life, in a professional setting? What "bubbles" or unrealistic expectations that need to be burst before one dive in?

Your moon in the 6th house in Virgo is a great placement for a health care professional. Neptune in this context might deal with helping substance abusers or people with illnesses that are difficult to diagnose. Neptune is the modern ruler of oceans and the moon is the traditional ruler, so you might also enjoy a career that puts you on or close to the water.

If you are religious and have a particular faith that you wish to pursue, I think you'd be good at it. Keeping in mind (about the omelet saying,) that members of the clergy are responsible to authorities like boards of directors or people higher up in the hierarchy, and members of the congregation can get awfully disgruntled at times.

With best wishes for your journey, W.

Speaking of planet placement, do aspects affect the "power" of planets?
For example, does it matter if my moon is square by Saturn? Would it mean that the "energy" given out by the moon to Neptune is coloured by Saturn (okay I don't know what I am talking about)? For example, would you say someone who has the same chart as me, except that he has no negative aspects whatsoever on Neptune and on moon, is more suitable, and have a better prospect, to work in a health care setting or water related career than me?

GentlyJohnny

It depends on how you framed your Horary question. If you framed it the way you did this one - it is likely you did not get a precise answer. However, if you were to ask: Is theology the right profession for me, you could expect a yes/no answer.

Per your natal chart, theology seems a strong scorer here, with Jupiter (ruler of 9th & 10th) so strongly places and strict Saturn in the 9th.

Yea I agree; I mentioned that in another thread it's doable by keep repeating the questions with different titles. Yet it seems it'd be more reasonable if I could at least make clear what careers are right for me and narrow down the options.

How, if any, do Uranus square Jupiter and Saturn square Moon affect a theological career?

waybread

GJ, if you spent a lot of time in your childhood watching TV and playing video games, think about whether your career might actually lie in that direction. In terms of what it takes to succeed in such a field, you might define particular careers (acting, directing, producing, costumes, make-up, animation, or what-not) and then do some serious google searching.

I used to feel my career was somehow "out there." I had a good career, but it never felt like the true me. Then I got old enough to retire. Apparently now my mission in life is to read charts for people on-line; something I couldn't have spent so much time on while I was working. (Note: I have Uranus conjunct MC.) Sometimes one's vocation in life isn't what earns the paycheck.

I truly believe the quote in my signature line. Life is not about finding yourself. Life is about creating yourself. If that brilliant career doesn't jump out to you, you get to make it up. You get to choose.

(Scary, huh?)

aquarius7000

...How, if any, do Uranus square Jupiter and Saturn square Moon affect a theological career?
Uranus sits in your 9th house, so it could be that you find a new way to preach in the parish or be a pioneer in some other way. It could also mean that might take to foreign teachings or imbibe them in your theological studies and preachings. Saturn - Moon could mean that you may want to help distressed women (Moon) or even children (Moon rules your 5th). I do think that theology can pair excellently with social work. I certainly feel that that could be your calling, but it really is for you to decide.