New Esoteric Novel- Free Download

CactusLand

Hi,

I just published my latest novel and I wanted to share it with the folks here at AstrologyWeekly as I think it will especially resonate with those deeply involved with astrology. Thanks to this novel I became serious about astrology and found it to be the 'mother' of all esotericism.

The story follows the path of a Silicon Valley marketer obsessed with conspiracy theories who is approached by an old friend of his father who is deeply involved in esotericism. The main character gradually begins waking up and eventually winds up in the far reaches of Russia as an astrologer and tarot reader.

This is my fourth novel and my serious involvement with all the Hermetic Arts began with this book. Looking for a good structure for the story, I had the idea to use the 22 Major Arcana of the Tarot to chart the progression of the story and the spiritual awakening. I thought it would be simple but I soon understood that to understand the cards, I had to understand astrology. I still remember the day, thinking, oh boy, do I really want to learn all the houses, essential dignities, aspects, etc. But once I dove in, it became a passion, and from astrology to alchemy, gnosticism, the cards of course, Kabbalah, neo Platonism, etc..

The main character, Arthur Edwards, follows the transformation of the Fool through the cards, from the joy of The Lovers, to the pain of The Tower, and the redemption of The World. There isn't much of a market for esoteric fiction anymore in the tradition of The Red Lion, Brother of the third Degree or The Flight of the Feathered Serpent, but these were the books that inspired me.

It has been a wonderful journey which has profoundly changed me and I'm very happy to share it, especially with the folks on this site who I hope will feel a special affinity with the topic and story.

Here is the link to the free download, I hope you enjoy it and I would be very pleased to here your feedback.

https://www.smashwords.com/books/view/343638