Will I be cheated of my commission?

la dona

Hello, I would appreciate any insight for my professional debacle. I'm a newly minted real estate broker and about 2-3 weeks ago met some new clients who were interested in buying another home. They stated they had a broker they were dealing with but were not pleased with her services. I showed them many homes and they came across one that is just right for their needs. We plan on making an offer this week. However, I was CC'ed on some emails and I believe the old broker thinks she is going to get commission for the sale - I plan on not allowing this and the family has stated I will receive the commission but I'm anxious and nervous about the situation.

I showed them the home, have communicated with the sellers and their agents etc and for old broker to receive credit and commission would be appalling. I'm pregnant and trying to work hard to save before my little one enters the world.

Will I receive my just rewards? Will the old broker and this family underhand me? I know they want to stay with their lender and that is fine because they'd be an independent financing entity.

I believe I'm Venus in the 9h but what house is the other broker? The family/clients would be the seventh house? Mars in 5h Virgo? The lender? My commission is the 2nd house? The home is a short sale so the bank on sellers side must accept because sellers are underwater then we can proceed to escrow and upon completion I will receive commission.
Thanks for helping me understand this pertinent situation. Truly appreciated.

Last edited:

Marinka

You need to copy the chart to you computer and then upload it. There are instructions in the "Read my chart" section on uploading charts.

dr. farr

(Following is not in accordance with standard horary practice and uses whole sign house format)

-querent = 1st house = Gemini = Mercury
-buying/selling = 3rd house (Ibn Ezra) = Leo = Sun
-commission ($$) = 2nd house = Cancer = Moon
-Mercury flows toward Sun (indicates sale, transaction, will likely occur)
-Moon is in querent's signifying sign (1st house, Gemini) = + testimony
-Moon flows toward Mercury, toward Part of Fortune and toward Sun = + testimony
-Mercury is in a pitted degree (blocked degree) of Scorpio: sale of property and or/the receiving of commission $$ might be delayed or otherwise blocked for a period of time
Overall:
3 positive testimonies, 1 negative (the pitted degree of significator Mercury) Net = +2, so, indications are that the querent will NOT be cheated out of the commission, that the querent will receive the $$, but that there might be delays affecting this situation-could be difficulties encountered as well, but the net indication is for the sale to occur and the querent to receive the commission.

la dona

Thanks Dr. Farr!

I'm assuming because this house is a short sale some negotiations will occur + inspections, contingencies, etc will have to be dealt with along with the standard 30 day escrow, which may be the delay.

I'll keep you updated. Thanks again for the insight, it's truly appreciated.

la dona

(Following is not in accordance with standard horary practice and uses whole sign house format)

-querent = 1st house = Gemini = Mercury
-buying/selling = 3rd house (Ibn Ezra) = Leo = Sun
-commission ($$) = 2nd house = Cancer = Moon
-Mercury flows toward Sun (indicates sale, transaction, will likely occur)
-Moon is in querent's signifying sign (1st house, Gemini) = + testimony
-Moon flows toward Mercury, toward Part of Fortune and toward Sun = + testimony
-Mercury is in a pitted degree (blocked degree) of Scorpio: sale of property and or/the receiving of commission $$ might be delayed or otherwise blocked for a period of time
Overall:
3 positive testimonies, 1 negative (the pitted degree of significator Mercury) Net = +2, so, indications are that the querent will NOT be cheated out of the commission, that the querent will receive the $$, but that there might be delays affecting this situation-could be difficulties encountered as well, but the net indication is for the sale to occur and the querent to receive the commission.

So, this transaction may not have been as promising. A lot of underhandedness has taken place & I had the shady characters labeled incorrectly. My clients offered a significant consideration and I wrote the offer but the sellers/bank haven't responded. I was told by the listing agent who happens to be the sister in law of one of the sellers, who is also a real estate agent procured a set of buyers who are offering $15000 more than my clients over this past weekend. The bank decides whether they counter or accept best and strongest offer. My clients don't want to increase offer, and I'm assuming the bank will select the higher offer unless loan qualifications fall through.
Hopefully, I can show my buyers/clients another home that they desire and can be procured.

Dr. Farr - I guess the detrimental/pitted degree of Mercury ruled the day? 😔 I just need to close some escrows before the baby comes. Really hoping for better luck.

dr. farr

Right: Mercury (representing you, the querent) being in a pitted degree did indicate blockage: could have meant delay, difficulties (which is how I interpreted it) or it could have represented the matter being blocked entirely (which it seems at this point is the case) However, it does not seem you will be cheated out of a commission-rather that you won't be getting a commission from this matter at all (since there would be no sale to your clients); however that doesn't do you any good! If (as seems likely at this point) the clients will be outbidded for the property, I still think that the overall + testimonies of this horary suggest that you will be able to show them another house which they will buy and for which you will receive your commission.
Best of Luck!

dr. farr

This chart also underscores the importance of pitted degrees (and their opposite, ie, elevated degrees) in horary: when a primary significator (either querent or primary quesited) is in a pit, this blockage can affect the net delineation of the chart-same (in a beneficial way) when a primary significator is in an elevated degree. Unfortunately consideration of elevated and pitted degrees in horary faded after the time of Lilly, and is almost not heard of today in standard horary: but the earlier horarists (especially of the Islamic era) did give this factor-when present in a horary chart-significant consideration.

la dona

Thanks Dr. Farr for the valuable insight. I'm hoping if my clients don't get this house that they'll use my services for their future home purchase.

I didn't realize how insightful pitted and elevated degrees are in reading a chart. I researched the Elevated/Pitted degrees thread on this site and found it very informative.

I'll keep updating this thread with updates till the matter resolves itself.