Beginner to Horary...Seeking your input.

PrecBund

I am just boggled over your Saturn
Saturn retro in 1st rejects Sun. Okay fine - no physical attraction from you to him BUT why does Saturn reentering Capricorn begins to hate Moon right when jup and saturn about to conjunct. You never want lord 12th conj lord asce (very dark secrets/lies).
If he is indeed 7th not 11th.
And why theres attraction physical from him to you if we are talking frienship. I don't see 11th position from lord of desc or sun (general ruler of men)
Why is moon aspecting lord of 5th house?
Why is mars lord of 11th trining jup which is your 12th house lord and lord of 4th house. Theres def you dont know something.
Plus moon is in 2nd house (5 degree rule)
Ohh theres more.. see that sun lord of his 2nd? Its peregrine and cadent and moon (he) hates sun ($$$) while hes in your 2nd. Grrr yea...
There was def subtone on his side.
Way too much to dismiss a casual communication.
If he's 11th, then he's in the clear.
You need to figure out if he's saturn or mars.

Whatever
Figure it out.
Hi Tikana
Thank you for taking the time to reply, I do wish this had of been our first conversation so I do apologise I only want to learn. I’m afraid I just ask with little thought of whether or not the one with knowledge actually wants to answer. To that end I admit I’m a dry sponge in a puddle so to speak when it comes to learning and again I apologise.
As for the mind boggled over Saturn – could it be that Saturn in the 1st the reader of the chart needed to be on alert, for discrepancies and I simply wasn’t. I didn’t really resonate with Saturn I felt more Jupiter but Lilly recommended otherwise. I was interested in knowing the answer but not desperate could that explain the heavy Rx aspect in the 1st house. Did I place the question in the wrong house, did I interpret something wrong etc, could any of these explain Saturn?
The question was about meeting (accidental or planned I didn’t specify) it was just a pure “will I meet him.” Nor did I specify any parameters on communication first; I kind of skipped that and just got straight to the point because in meeting a friendship would either develop or be of pure circumstance and we would continue on our own merry ways. Is this kind of question inherently too vague, does it require more structure?
On that note does hoping to meet someone place the question in the 11th vs. the 7th given it is the one of hopes and aspirations? The only link to the 4th house I can think of is the ‘end of the matter.’ The only other house Saturn could relate to would be the 2nd and that doesn’t fit the question at all. But I’m sincerely interested in knowing how you came to the Saturn aspect being a potential for the questied. Going forward how would I determine if the question Significators are correct is there a process i.e. the chart doesn’t make sense; can you even change the question placement, once you realise an error?
As for physical attraction if you’re referring to “who’s most interested” that was in reference to the questied as 7th L (person unknown to me) placed in the 1st house using the Placidus system. I don’t think the term is solely for physical attraction but rather who is the more interested party on the subject matter. But in terms of my question believe me I didn’t buy it either, it was simply not plausible hence the immense confusion. Felt twilight zone to be honest.
The secret/lies you mention, could that be about a different matter altogether. More like an appendix from the universe so to speak perhaps a warning of something in my own backyard? Or would it only have pertained to the question. Interestingly those unanswered messages disappeared this morning. Don’t know if that counts. I even questioned myself; was I subconsciously elsewhere if you (and perhaps others) thought I was asking a romantic question maybe the universe did too? But no I am steadfast I am a slow burn to love and while friendship was a nice cherry if he was indeed nice it wasn’t a must have. We might have hated each other.
I have no idea as to why the moon is aspecting the 5th L she is in Rx so moving towards the Moon could it be something about my future 5th house be coming towards me; things outside of the question? It is on the axis with the 11th could that have anything to do with it, given the 11th and its connotations surrounding fate and behind the scenes (you mentioned I am unaware of something) with the 11th L being active? The part of fortune and vertex conjunct in the 5th and Aldebaran is perfectly aspected with Venus, another appendix perhaps? Or could it just be his 11th and nothing to do with me.
All the comments about the Sun and the Moon are way above my current pay grade so I’m going to have to research the wool off those. Your information has been incredibly insightful on the nuisances that are so very easily overlooked.
If you’re inclined to do so I would be grateful if you wouldn’t mind elaborating on these comments, if you chose not to that’s okay you have already given me so much more food for thought. Thank you for that.
“there was def you don’t know something” do you mean in terms of the question? Is this in reference to my 12th L? Do you know which house I should look to in order to find those answers; I really don’t like being blind sighted.
“there was def subtone on his side” is that application worthwhile in Horary going forward, is it something I should seriously commit to memory. (An honest question please don’t be offended I would like your honest answer). Does this mean the chart is difficult to read? Do you have any ideas on why the subtone’s were so one sided, does this happen often? Or could it be unrelated to the questied and more about the secretive/lies undertones you picked up on.
Because you mentioned it I’ve just purchased Stephen Arroyo’s book Chart Interpretation Handbook and will re-read William Lilly’s 1 and 3 in much slower and finite detail.
“way too much to dismiss a casual communication” are you linking this to the subtone? While the chart has spoken a no, do the subtones add a layer of no casual communication either, just to give finality to the answer so to speak?
Going forward for future reference what could I do better?

PrecBund

Hello PrecBund,

For a good start, try this link where you can learn the basics and much more...
https://www.skyscript.co.uk/horary_intro.html

Thank you, I've read quite a bit on that site, its quite informative

And this one in French, free where it summarizes all the basics.
https://www.coursastrologiebordeaux.fr/l-astrologie-horaire-et-elective/
To translate, use Chrome with Google, right-click and translate to English

Again thank you so much will definitely look at this one as well

Another great one from Patrizia Nava
http://www.astrologiaoraria.com/index.html

I've heard her referenced before but hadn't as yet seen any of her work thank you

Again, translate from Italian to English
Another unknown, for me too sink my teeth into thank you so much

Christopher Warnock is easy and simple
https://www.renaissanceastrology.com/

I've not heard of him before, thank you
Anthony Louis for reading charts in action

https://tonylouis.wordpress.com/category/horary/

I've purchased one of his books, thanks for the link

And Ema Kurent, very pragmatic Slovenian astrologer
https://www.emakurent.com/en/bio/

I've read some of her articles on her page. She's quite intuitive, she is the one that mentioned when a chart says yes, disregard the moon's next aspect for timing as if but more a when. I really enjoyed reading over her difficult charts

Hope you enjoy a good start!

Thank you again for all these links I really appreciate it

Regards,
Ouranos

Thank you Ouranos for taking the time to post those links

tikana

Hi Tikana
Thank you for taking the time to reply, I do wish this had of been our first conversation so I do apologise I only want to learn. I’m afraid I just ask with little thought of whether or not the one with knowledge actually wants to answer. To that end I admit I’m a dry sponge in a puddle so to speak when it comes to learning and again I apologise.

*** that's fine ***

As for the mind boggled over Saturn – could it be that Saturn in the 1st the reader of the chart needed to be on alert, for discrepancies and I simply wasn’t. I didn’t really resonate with Saturn I felt more Jupiter but Lilly recommended otherwise.

*** you are asce therefore in this chart you are saturn and Moon (if moon is not taken by 11th house****

I was interested in knowing the answer but not desperate could that explain the heavy Rx aspect in the 1st house. Did I place the question in the wrong house, did I interpret something wrong etc, could any of these explain Saturn?

*** saturn in 1st house retro it is fine .. it doesnt bother me 1 bit basically tells us that you care about your own welfare + it is slow and the slowest planet (basicaly you are waiting for the other to make a move whatever that is (I am not fussing over this)**

The question was about meeting (accidental or planned I didn’t specify) it was just a pure “will I meet him.” Nor did I specify any parameters on communication first; I kind of skipped that and just got straight to the point because in meeting a friendship would either develop or be of pure circumstance and we would continue on our own merry ways. Is this kind of question inherently too vague, does it require more structure?

** question is fine.. will i meet him? answer is no .. moon left saturn it still within the orbs but seems like if he had any interest meeting you it is gone ...***

On that note does hoping to meet someone place the question in the 11th vs. the 7th given it is the one of hopes and aspirations?

** well that is the problem if he is 11th or 7th. you are seeing him as a friend BUT you never met him before and this is relatively new relationship (not saying romantic but in general) where do we put him 11th for a friend or 7th? I am leaning on 7th ... if you do meet him then he is 11th house .. I dont know. Mars fits as well 3rd house communication via internet common things to discuss (3rd house again) **

The only link to the 4th house I can think of is the ‘end of the matter.’ The only other house Saturn could relate to would be the 2nd and that doesn’t fit the question at all. But I’m sincerely interested in knowing how you came to the Saturn aspect being a potential for the questied.
** you are also ruled by Jup because it is resident of asce HOWEVER this doesnt take over your asce's ruler because Jupiter is ill position + lack of dignities vs Saturn ... Jupiter is 2nd ruler not your first.. what is wierd is Jup is your 12th house lord and mars is applying ... again something is fishy. something is off. It should be this aspect not in this question not here without red flags****

Going forward how would I determine if the question Significators are correct is there a process i.e. the chart doesn’t make sense; can you even change the question placement, once you realise an error?

** chart makes sense if you id him properly mars and moon have different physical descriptions, you can see if you can match one or the other to him .. William Lilly discusses physica description in all 3 books when he deals with who stole fish and other charts***

As for physical attraction if you’re referring to “who’s most interested” that was in reference to the questied as 7th L (person unknown to me) placed in the 1st house using the Placidus system.
** he is in your 2nd house bc 5 deg rule into the cusp of another .. that is not it. Literally it tells me he is interested in your $$$ ??? Hell beats me. WHy is it there? **

I don’t think the term is solely for physical attraction but rather who is the more interested party on the subject matter. But in terms of my question believe me I didn’t buy it either, it was simply not plausible hence the immense confusion. Felt twilight zone to be honest.
The secret/lies you mention, could that be about a different matter altogether.
** you asked will I meet him? you shouldnt be getting 12th house/ 2nd house issues. ****

More like an appendix from the universe so to speak perhaps a warning of something in my own backyard? Or would it only have pertained to the question. Interestingly those unanswered messages disappeared this morning. Don’t know if that counts. I even questioned myself; was I subconsciously elsewhere if you (and perhaps others) thought I was asking a romantic question maybe the universe did too? But no I am steadfast I am a slow burn to love and while friendship was a nice cherry if he was indeed nice it wasn’t a must have. We might have hated each other.
I have no idea as to why the moon is aspecting the 5th L she is in Rx so moving towards the Moon could it be something about my future 5th house be coming towards me; things outside of the question? It is on the axis with the 11th could that have anything to do with it, given the 11th and its connotations surrounding fate and behind the scenes (you mentioned I am unaware of something) with the 11th L being active? The part of fortune and vertex conjunct in the 5th and Aldebaran is perfectly aspected with Venus, another appendix perhaps? Or could it just be his 11th and nothing to do with me.
All the comments about the Sun and the Moon are way above my current pay grade so I’m going to have to research the wool off those. Your information has been incredibly insightful on the nuisances that are so very easily overlooked.
If you’re inclined to do so I would be grateful if you wouldn’t mind elaborating on these comments, if you chose not to that’s okay you have already given me so much more food for thought. Thank you for that.
“there was def you don’t know something” do you mean in terms of the question? Is this in reference to my 12th L? Do you know which house I should look to in order to find those answers; I really don’t like being blind sighted.
“there was def subtone on his side” is that application worthwhile in Horary going forward, is it something I should seriously commit to memory. (An honest question please don’t be offended I would like your honest answer). Does this mean the chart is difficult to read? Do you have any ideas on why the subtone’s were so one sided, does this happen often? Or could it be unrelated to the questied and more about the secretive/lies undertones you picked up on.

** you have 7 planets. 7 planets will +/- be effecting your chart. finding intetent of people is complex issue. is chart wrong? probably no unless we didnt put him in a right house (11th or 7th) .... ***

Because you mentioned it I’ve just purchased Stephen Arroyo’s book Chart Interpretation Handbook and will re-read William Lilly’s 1 and 3 in much slower and finite detail.
“way too much to dismiss a casual communication” are you linking this to the subtone?

** I just DONT like that moon sitting in your 2nd house. and pesky resident on desc. something is off but what? if someone has good intentions you should see dignifies and interest with an aspect ... here .. Moon is interested in saturn lord of asce / 2nd and 3rd with passing aspect. If moon was sitting in 1st house solid I wouldnt have an issue.. ohh well he lost interest whatever.... moon is also peregrine (loose cannon)**

While the chart has spoken a no, do the subtones add a layer of no casual communication either, just to give finality to the answer so to speak?
Going forward for future reference what could I do better?

** if he is moon (there is no meeting) if he is mars (possibly but i'd stay out of it) mars to jup sextile with mutual reception while one mute the other is badly placed plus lord of 12th (grrr something is wrong just wrong ... I am not scotland yard, I dont know his intentions).. if he schedules a meeting just run a chart "should I meet him? is it safe to meet him?" ping me on I will take a look .. we will compare both charts and see if anything resinates. Make a new thread put both chart next to each other we will figure out what is going on. that is the best i can tell you without sounding like i am paranoid (which i am not.. suspecious? absolutely)***

Here is my rule of thumb... If you are talking communication (horary question based on communcation) and one significator is in water sign with no dignity of it own - a person does not let out her/his true intent aka mute. We want loud outspoken significator with dignity and above the horzion with no afflictions basically knight in shining armor. Like you are asking "i have an interview tomorrow .. how will i do?" you get a planet with peregrine water sign - you will not allow yourself shining.
What is possitive about your chart is you are not combusted .. usually that's being blinded by something most likely lied to or whatever. Here he is not pure evil but not great either.

cheers
T

Last edited:

waybread

PrecBund-- I'll leave you two to sort out this particular chart.

I just wanted to mention, if you've not discovered it already, that there is a field of medical astrology. Astrology was taught as a university subject prior to the 18th century, in large part as an adjunct to medical diagnoses. Both natal and horary charts can be used for different sorts of questions.

PrecBund

PrecBund-- I'll leave you two to sort out this particular chart.

I just wanted to mention, if you've not discovered it already, that there is a field of medical astrology. Astrology was taught as a university subject prior to the 18th century, in large part as an adjunct to medical diagnoses. Both natal and horary charts can be used for different sorts of questions.

Ohhhh Waybread.....
I’m definitely going to go and investigate that gigantic rabbit hole. If I go M.I.A you’ll know where I’ll be.

Rochelle
Love and Light

PrecBund

** if he is moon (there is no meeting) if he is mars (possibly but i'd stay out of it) mars to jup sextile with mutual reception while one mute the other is badly placed plus lord of 12th (grrr something is wrong just wrong ... I am not scotland yard, I dont know his intentions).. if he schedules a meeting just run a chart "should I meet him? is it safe to meet him?" ping me on I will take a look .. we will compare both charts and see if anything resinates. Make a new thread put both chart next to each other we will figure out what is going on. that is the best i can tell you without sounding like i am paranoid (which i am not.. suspecious? absolutely)***

Here is my rule of thumb... If you are talking communication (horary question based on communcation) and one significator is in water sign with no dignity of it own - a person does not let out her/his true intent aka mute. We want loud outspoken significator with dignity and above the horzion with no afflictions basically knight in shining armor. Like you are asking "i have an interview tomorrow .. how will i do?" you get a planet with peregrine water sign - you will not allow yourself shining.
What is possitive about your chart is you are not combusted .. usually that's being blinded by something most likely lied to or whatever. Here he is not pure evil but not great either.

cheers
T
Hi Tikana
Thank you for replying and the great information you gave. It’s been truely enlightening. Especially the water.

Please know that you are always free to say as much as you feel comfortable with in what makes you suspicious intuitively, there’s not a lot that scares me and I’m a rationale person.

Thank you for the heads up, I know intentions are difficult to read but if somethings off....Not sure I want to meet him even accidentally you may not be Scotland Yard but you can bet your bottom dollar I am. Smell a rat, better believe you’ll find one and I don’t mind if that makes me sound neurotic. While I have an adversity towards evil like most people; ulterior motives or false pretences always have me running a mile. I’m glad the chart shows I am stout of mind and won’t be fooled. Thank you for pointing that out it’s a great reassurance.

I think I’ll even stop talking to the gentleman whom made contact with me from around the same area. I was already cautious/suspicious (no this hasn’t scared me this is my DNA. I’m inherently built that way).

Thank you for the offer to look at another chart should the opportunity present itself. It’s very generous of you and I will definitely take you up on the offer. But I’m hoping I won’t need too (now).

Rochelle.
Love and light.

Last edited:

JUPITERASC

Thank you Ouranos for taking the time to post those links
astrologer and academic historian Levente László
on the origins of the fourth branch of western astrology
known as horary astrology.
The focus is the mysterious origins of horary astrology :smile:
and the question of when and how it was originally developed.

horary astrology is https://theastrologypodcast.com/2017/07/13/horary-astrology-questions-with-lee-lehman/
the practice of
casting an astrological chart for the moment of a question
and then attempting to answer the outcome of the question
based on the analysis of that chart.
we review some of the evidence for horary in the Hellenistic tradition
https://theastrologypodcast.com/2018/02/27/the-origins-of-horary-astrology/

PrecBund

astrologer and academic historian Levente László
on the origins of the fourth branch of western astrology
known as horary astrology.
The focus is the mysterious origins of horary astrology :smile:
and the question of when and how it was originally developed.

horary astrology is https://theastrologypodcast.com/2017/07/13/horary-astrology-questions-with-lee-lehman/
the practice of
casting an astrological chart for the moment of a question
and then attempting to answer the outcome of the question
based on the analysis of that chart.
we review some of the evidence for horary in the Hellenistic tradition
https://theastrologypodcast.com/2018/02/27/the-origins-of-horary-astrology/

Thank you JUPITERASC these links will be extremely helpful.

I'm still using the chart as a learning experience, especially around placing of the question. I'm currently trying to figure out if it was an 11th in the place of hopes (as that was my intention)or in the 5th given the questied is technically an artist (painter). Hopefully, those links will provide more insight into these nuisances when casting a question.

Again thank you so much for taking the time to post these links, I really appreciate the effort and grateful you took the time.

Rochelle
Love and Light

Ouranos

Great observation Tikana! A old teacher once told me - If you want to commit the perfect crime, make sure you have the Moon in a water sign (mute sign), best with Moon ruling the 3rd (witnesses) and in 12th (they disappear).
No wonder Agatha Christie authored six romantic novels under the pen name of Mary Westmacott. For almost two decades, the public had no clue Christie and Westmacott were one and the same (Christie's Venus ruling the 3rd in Scorpio (mute). What a crime!

PrecBund

Great observation Tikana! A old teacher once told me - If you want to commit the perfect crime, make sure you have the Moon in a water sign (mute sign), best with Moon ruling the 3rd (witnesses) and in 12th (they disappear).
No wonder Agatha Christie authored six romantic novels under the pen name of Mary Westmacott. For almost two decades, the public had no clue Christie and Westmacott were one and the same (Christie's Venus ruling the 3rd in Scorpio (mute). What a crime!

Wow Ouranos I had no idea about Agatha Christie did any romance novels, you learn something new every day.

As for the perfect crime, I'm just grateful that's not in this chart.

Rochelle
Love and Light