Daughters Chart: Sun in the 9th=College?!

CancerCancerScorpio

Hello,

Thank you for reading my daughter's chart!

We have had major issues this last month. My daughter has been let down three separate times, and she is emotionally devastated. I don't know what to do, now. It's the first time that I am at a loss as a parent.

Since she was little she has worked hard in school. Her dad and I enrolled her in a college preparatory elementary, then high school. The last two years she has worked hard studying for the ACT, taking AP/Honors classes, and improving her GPA, all while she was diagnosed with Anorexia (that's a separate story.) She applied to several colleges. She did get into some really good schools, but wanted to go to UCLA or USC. She didn't get into USC, but was offered the Trojan Transfer Plan to transfer in her Sophomore year. She was also waitlisted at UCLA. Well, she was mentally prepared to go to a junior college until transferring, but realized she still had a short with the UCLA waitlist. Well, she didn't make it, and yesterday, she was totally devastated again. She is emotionally and mentally unstable at this point.

I don't understand it. Her Sun is in the 9th house. She was supposed to go to a four year University, I thought.

Can anyone help me figure out what is going on with her chart?

Thank you,
Jean

Attachments

• astro_2gw_08_ariana_he.48314.31570.gif
    astro_2gw_08_ariana_he.48314.31570.gif
    70.8 KB · Views: 49

buggiebw

not necessarily. Mark Zuckerberg has sun in 9th and he dropped out from harvard. I think it has more to do with a general humanitarian approach to life

IleneK

Premium Member
Hello,

We have had major issues this last month. My daughter has been let down three separate times, and she is emotionally devastated. I don't know what to do, now. It's the first time that I am at a loss as a parent.

Since she was little she has worked hard in school. Her dad and I enrolled her in a college preparatory elementary, then high school. The last two years she has worked hard studying for the ACT, taking AP/Honors classes, and improving her GPA, all while she was diagnosed with Anorexia (that's a separate story.) She applied to several colleges. She did get into some really good schools, but wanted to go to UCLA or USC. She didn't get into USC, but was offered the Trojan Transfer Plan to transfer in her Sophomore year. She was also waitlisted at UCLA. Well, she was mentally prepared to go to a junior college until transferring, but realized she still had a short with the UCLA waitlist. Well, she didn't make it, and yesterday, she was totally devastated again. She is emotionally and mentally unstable at this point.

I don't understand it. Her Sun is in the 9th house. She was supposed to go to a four year University, I thought.

Thank you,
Jean

My sun is in the 9th. I did not go to a four year university, until I was 24.
Your daughter's anorexia and her academic story are not separate. Transiting Saturn, ruler of your daughter's homelife [4th sign] opposes her Sun. The anorexia is the matter to which you and she, the family, must attend now. Proper schooling will come later.

Last edited:

theV

I guess Saturn transit the 3rd house and opposite the 9th house section would cause some problems concerning her education. Saturn directly opposite her Sun in the ninth house would create obstacles concerning her goals in term of higher education. In addition to this, You have Mercury opposite Tr Pluto leading to ups and downs and sudden shift in academic life. It is things are not going so far so good for her right now. Wait until Saturn moves to Capricorn.

What is she doing exactly? some Uranus related stuff? Computing, programming or scientific/technology oriented fields. I always notice that she possess grace and calmness and social amiability to her which gains her a lot of popularity and resources. I could also notice some creative ability such as acting in fact or comedy.

Your daughter's sun is in Paran which called Aculeus. According to Astrologer Brady, the Stars leads to life of ups an downs and enduring attacks but she will be able to overcome these problem and become stronger as she do so. Her sun in the 9th house will cause her problem ups and downs concerning her higher education, pursuit of spirituality and faith. But her personality becomes stronger in these area of life as the problem encountered here are faced.

Last edited:

Rhys

Hello,

<snip> She did get into some really good schools, but wanted to go to UCLA or USC. <snip> Well, she didn't make it, and yesterday, she was totally devastated again. She is emotionally and mentally unstable at this point.

Thank you,
Jean

Why does she absolutely have to go to UCLA or USC? You mentioned she got into other schools, why doesn't she go to one of those?

I agree with Ilene that the present Saturn transit is problematic for your daughter. She feels her ambitions are being thwarted by circumstances beyond her control, and the situation you describe is a classic manifestation of transiting Saturn opposition Sun. She probably feels physically exhausted at present (another typical manifestation of this transit), which doesn't help matters. And finally, with all that Fire and Air in her chart and only one Earth planet, her emotions are probably running rampant, omg!

The best way to deal with this transit is probably to advise her to "go with the flow". I know this is easier to say than to do, but nothing is gained by fighting it. This transit represents a period of ENDINGS, followed by new beginnings, so best to focus on the possible new beginnings and not close the door on other schools.

I think your daughter's chart looks great for a career in communication or the arts or similar. When this rough period has passed, I'm sure there will always be an interest in anything that takes her mind further, including travel and of course higher education.

Good luck! Let us know what happens.

Much love - Rhys

kore

She can still attend a 4 year university. Did she apply to other schools? Or she can take courses at a community college for two years and transfer to UCLA or USC. The UC system by law has to accept transfer students from community college each year. The courses are easier at a community college and tuition costs less. Some of my friends took that route and their parents bought them a new car with the tuition money saved. I have Sun and Moon in 9th and dropped out of university due to lack of motivation and finances, when transit Pluto began squaring my Sun stellium. Didn't receive any support for college from parents. Eventually returned to UCLA and finished my degree, when transit Saturn conjuncted Sun stellium. The retention rate at UC schools is low, so transferring from a community college is not a bad idea. There's a lot of good in LA-- culture, diversity, fun activities. Lots of bad-- distractions, high cost of living, :devil: Now I understand why Ivy League schools are in boonies.

katydid

She is feeling stressed out. Saturn is describing that stress. Saturn is not only the rejection of her most desired schools, but it is also HER PARENTS...:pouty:

She feels burdened and she feels she has disappointed them, not only herself. And it kind of sounds like it, in your post , in my opinion:

"I don't understand it. Her Sun is in the 9th house. She was supposed to go to a four year University, I thought."

"Can anyone help me figure out what is going on with her chart"

I know you do not mean to do it, but it seems like you are questioning her ability to live up to your expectations of her.

Like she was 'supposed' to go to the most elite 4 yr college in the nation---how did she mess that up?'

I know that's not what you mean, but I think that is what she hears. :annoyed:

She has a natal Moon/Saturn square. Moon in Leo square Saturn in the 8th. Children with Fiery Moons being challenged by Earthy Saturns may sometimes feel like no one truly listens to them, or believes in them. They may feel neglected emotionally in that their own desires/dreams may be ignored or dismissed?

The anorexia is her trying to control one of the few things she can control---what she eats. It often happens when girls feel like they have little personal control or ability to make their own choices. Low self-esteem; feelings of inadequacy or lack of control in life; depression, ...these are Saturnian side effects.

I would not want her to enroll in a 4 yr University while she is experiencing these difficult side effects.It would be debilitating.

CancerCancerScorpio

My sun is in the 9th. I did not go to a four year university, until I was 24.
Your daughter's anorexia and her academic story are not separate. Transiting Saturn, ruler of your daughter's homelife [4th sign] opposes her Sun. The anorexia is the matter to which you and she, the family, must attend now. Proper schooling will come later.

Thank you, everyone, for the responses! It has really helped.

Hello Ilene, with regards to her Anorexia, yes, it was dealt with immediately. She was diagnosed three years ago, and I had her enrolled into a 6 day a week program. She was taken out of her high school, and we enrolled in a home school program while she was attending. I believe one of the reasons was that her father had come back to live with us (he needed a place to stay, it wasn't for reconciliation) for about 6 months, and it was during that time she developed Anorexia. It was definitely the only thing she felt she could control. I told her father to move out. Since then, she has gotten better, but food is still first on her mind, and when she gets stressed she doesn't eat much, so I have to keep an eye on her.

Thank you!

CancerCancerScorpio

I guess Saturn transit the 3rd house and opposite the 9th house section would cause some problems concerning her education. Saturn directly opposite her Sun in the ninth house would create obstacles concerning her goals in term of higher education. In addition to this, You have Mercury opposite Tr Pluto leading to ups and downs and sudden shift in academic life. It is things are not going so far so good for her right now. Wait until Saturn moves to Capricorn.

What is she doing exactly? some Uranus related stuff? Computing, programming or scientific/technology oriented fields. I always notice that she possess grace and calmness and social amiability to her which gains her a lot of popularity and resources. I could also notice some creative ability such as acting in fact or comedy.

Your daughter's sun is in Paran which called Aculeus. According to Astrologer Brady, the Stars leads to life of ups an downs and enduring attacks but she will be able to overcome these problem and become stronger as she do so. Her sun in the 9th house will cause her problem ups and downs concerning her higher education, pursuit of spirituality and faith. But her personality becomes stronger in these area of life as the problem encountered here are faced.

Hello The V! Thank you for your response!

I will watch Saturn to see when it moves into Capricorn. Hopefully, she can catch a break.

I was hoping that the Sun trine Mars, and sextile Jupiter, would provide relationships that could help her and would provide the energy she needed to get through school. However, Jupiter is directly opposing Mars, so this worries me, although, I could be totally off, and it has to do with her committed relationships, when she has one (she hasn't had a boyfriend, yet.)

Yes, she does love acting/singing and the arts. She has been going on auditions. She wanted to go to USC or UCLA to stay in LA because she wants to act/sing. She felt that if she accepted one of the other colleges, it would defeat her ultimate her purpose, and take her further away from the center of the entertainment industry.

Thank you, so much, for your insight!

CancerCancerScorpio

Why does she absolutely have to go to UCLA or USC? You mentioned she got into other schools, why doesn't she go to one of those?

I agree with Ilene that the present Saturn transit is problematic for your daughter. She feels her ambitions are being thwarted by circumstances beyond her control, and the situation you describe is a classic manifestation of transiting Saturn opposition Sun. She probably feels physically exhausted at present (another typical manifestation of this transit), which doesn't help matters. And finally, with all that Fire and Air in her chart and only one Earth planet, her emotions are probably running rampant, omg!

The best way to deal with this transit is probably to advise her to "go with the flow". I know this is easier to say than to do, but nothing is gained by fighting it. This transit represents a period of ENDINGS, followed by new beginnings, so best to focus on the possible new beginnings and not close the door on other schools.

I think your daughter's chart looks great for a career in communication or the arts or similar. When this rough period has passed, I'm sure there will always be an interest in anything that takes her mind further, including travel and of course higher education.

Good luck! Let us know what happens.

Much love - Rhys

Hello Rhys, thank you, so much, for your response!

My daughter wanted to stay in the LA area for acting/singing. You are correct about her career desires. She is majoring in Communications with a minor in Drama/Theatre and Singing - provided she attends the college that has these available to her.

I have been trying to advise her to go with the flow, but she doesn't sit around very easily. She has to be doing something productive. For example, once school ended this last week, she decided she was going to get a job, and went and submitted applications to at least ten different restaurants/shops, and went on interviews (she doesn't need to work for the money). She is not a regular child who sleeps in on the weekends, or any day for that matter. She sets her alarm, and always has something productive to do.

I will definitely keep you updated! Thank you, again! <3

CancerCancerScorpio

She can still attend a 4 year university. Did she apply to other schools? Or she can take courses at a community college for two years and transfer to UCLA or USC. The UC system by law has to accept transfer students from community college each year. The courses are easier at a community college and tuition costs less. Some of my friends took that route and their parents bought them a new car with the tuition money saved. I have Sun and Moon in 9th and dropped out of university due to lack of motivation and finances, when transit Pluto began squaring my Sun stellium. Didn't receive any support for college from parents. Eventually returned to UCLA and finished my degree, when transit Saturn conjuncted Sun stellium. The retention rate at UC schools is low, so transferring from a community college is not a bad idea. There's a lot of good in LA-- culture, diversity, fun activities. Lots of bad-- distractions, high cost of living, :devil: Now I understand why Ivy League schools are in boonies.

Hello Kore, Thank you for your response!!

Yes, you're right, Ivy League schools are in the boonies! Lol :)

She wanted to go directly into the four year university without transferring to enjoy the "whole" experience of a university. She will go to the local community college and transfer over, and now has to decide which one. She seems to like UCLA more, but she can't transfer until 2 years, wherein she can transfer to USC in 1 year (they gave her the option of 1 year, instead of 2.) She is rather timid, and is afraid of crime, so she is not thrilled with USC's surrounding area of los angeles. UCLA is in a much better, safer area.

Congratulations on going back to UCLA and getting your degree!! It takes a lot of work, and you should be proud. :)

CancerCancerScorpio

She is feeling stressed out. Saturn is describing that stress. Saturn is not only the rejection of her most desired schools, but it is also HER PARENTS...:pouty:

She feels burdened and she feels she has disappointed them, not only herself. And it kind of sounds like it, in your post , in my opinion:

"I don't understand it. Her Sun is in the 9th house. She was supposed to go to a four year University, I thought."

"Can anyone help me figure out what is going on with her chart"

I know you do not mean to do it, but it seems like you are questioning her ability to live up to your expectations of her.

Like she was 'supposed' to go to the most elite 4 yr college in the nation---how did she mess that up?'

I know that's not what you mean, but I think that is what she hears. :annoyed:

She has a natal Moon/Saturn square. Moon in Leo square Saturn in the 8th. Children with Fiery Moons being challenged by Earthy Saturns may sometimes feel like no one truly listens to them, or believes in them. They may feel neglected emotionally in that their own desires/dreams may be ignored or dismissed?

The anorexia is her trying to control one of the few things she can control---what she eats. It often happens when girls feel like they have little personal control or ability to make their own choices. Low self-esteem; feelings of inadequacy or lack of control in life; depression, ...these are Saturnian side effects.

I would not want her to enroll in a 4 yr University while she is experiencing these difficult side effects.It would be debilitating.

Hello Katydid, Yes, I understand what you are saying about college. I was going to take her out of the college prep school, but her father wanted her to stay. The college prep school and her father programmed her into thinking she must get into a good college. All of the other kids at her high school had gotten into elite schools, so that is when she started feeling really down. I wouldn't mind her going to any school she wanted...I just wanted her to get her degree because it's tough out in the world today. I know she wants to act/sing but she should have the degree for backup. I have always tried to support her acting/singing by helping her with singing lessons, acting lessons and theatre. I love the arts, also, and wanted to help her with a balanced experience of a variety of areas of interest.

Thank you, again!! :)

theV

Keep encouraging her to pursue. She is going to succeeded at it. She has the aspect of oscar winners.

GoldenLion12

Hello,

Thank you,
Jean

With Gemini in the 9th house this would symbolize twins and going to two schools perhaps. Communications, speaking, presentation, technology, written skills, everything to do with communications. Perhaps a business school or something to do with media, television, radio, screen writing, novel writing, non-fiction, writing, technical writing. Verbal and written communications.

Sagittarius and Gemini in the 9th house represents here teachers in life. Parents, professors, religions, philosophy, psychology, etc. Education and traveling.

The third house has to do with her stress about it being a Sagittarius Pluto and Saturn in Sagittarius hitting her thinking. Perhaps learning that expectations have to be let go of how it happens and how you get there.
As I can use myself as an example: I did awful in my childhood in school because I switched schools every few years, and lost my focus, drive, ambition.

I start college at the age of 18 at one school, but wasn’t focused enough to follow through and dropped out.

At the age of 33 started again at another school and was a straight A Student, but had obstacles get through along the journey. Took me awhile to accomplish.

At the age of 43 I started self-educating with courses online and the internet with University Classes online.

I think it’s important for her to have realistic expectations of it might not happen in life the same way for everyone. I wanted to go to Western Michigan and never went there. It was more because my friends were there. To fit in with peers.

Another example: My son is Sagittarius Ascendant, Gemini Descendent and the transits this year have been hitting him hard with his education in college and he’s very smart.

Some of it’s not her fault. Timing also plays a part. He didn’t graduate with his class in 2013. He went to a G.E.D. Class to finish two years later, and then start School the minute it hit Saturn in Sagittarius and hit his ascendant.

Everything doesn’t happen on our sense of time, and you can probably relieve her by trying to explain to her some things don’t always happen when she wants them too, how she wants them to happen, and when it’s the right time things will fall in place. Reassure her she’s very smart, and that it’s just part of life sometimes to be rejected whether it’s schools, jobs, sending in manuscripts, waiting on marriage, or anything else in life.

Life is partially a waiting game, learning patience, self-understanding, compassion, and understanding everything is about her. As you stated, she’s done her work, so it may just not be the right school.

You mentioned something about Trojan, and this is interesting, because usually Trojan is blue and white colors, and this is where my son went to school was Trojans. It’s an interesting thing because all the Libras around me gravitate towards sport teams with white and blue. So, that’s just more of thing I notice.

With Jupiter in Libra hitting her Libra this may be delaying things. With fortune, Juno, and Chiron it looks like in Scorpio, it may be just time to wait for the transits to switch to Jupiter in Scorpio towards the end of the year and next year and reapply again to schools. If I remember right that begins in October in Libra. I would just wait a bit.

What does she do for stress, emotions, mental, feelings? You may want to help her learn to express herself through art, music, writing, or sports to help her with the stress, and relaxation techniques, breathing and learning to calm herself down.

kore

Hello Kore, Thank you for your response!!

Yes, you're right, Ivy League schools are in the boonies! Lol :)

She wanted to go directly into the four year university without transferring to enjoy the "whole" experience of a university. She will go to the local community college and transfer over, and now has to decide which one. She seems to like UCLA more, but she can't transfer until 2 years, wherein she can transfer to USC in 1 year (they gave her the option of 1 year, instead of 2.) She is rather timid, and is afraid of crime, so she is not thrilled with USC's surrounding area of los angeles. UCLA is in a much better, safer area.

Congratulations on going back to UCLA and getting your degree!! It takes a lot of work, and you should be proud. :)

I would take the 1 year transfer to USC. She'll melt into the environment better. Transferring to UCLA in the third year... she'll feel like she missed out on a lot of the the college experience. By the 3rd year at UCLA, students are focused on their major and getting ready to leave. USC is in an urban environment and the city energy is more inspiring for performers. Downtown LA has gentrified in the past ten years. There's a lot of places for young people, lots to do. Not as dangerous as decades ago. The pathway next to the my dormitory at UCLA was nicknamed rape trail. My 2nd year in Westwood, an apt was broken into and some female students were assaulted. So crime can occur in any neighborhood.

UCLA is more of an academic school. Good for grad school, good for a 9-5 after graduation. For acting and performing, I recommend USC. Or NYU in New York City. I think the city environment will be better for your daughter's aspirations.