Multiple Combust planets; how do they present in this life?

duenderoja

9 jan 1962
14.15 lisbon,portugal

This individual is concerned with having multiple combust planets and does not know how they present in his or her life.

Dear gurus, will you assist?

JUPITERASC

9 jan 1962
14.15 lisbon,portugal

This individual is concerned with having multiple combust planets
and does not know how they present in his or her life.

This thread is a spin-off from http://www.astrologyweekly.com/forum/showthread.php?p=647954#post647954
The OP on that thread needs to keep in mind that
combustion is approached from a different perspective in Vedic astrology
Vedic is also sidereal so they may not recognise their natal chart
:smile:

Perhaps Vedic will answer your questions.
What are your birth details?

9 jan 1962
14.15 lisbon,portugal

thanks

socrates

9 jan 1962
14.15 lisbon,portugal

This individual is concerned with having multiple combust planets and does not know how they present in his or her life.

Thanks
I know the Systems approach by Choudry.Venus rules my Lagna and is in 8th house

duenderoja

This thread is a spin-off from http://www.astrologyweekly.com/forum/showthread.php?p=647954#post647954
The OP on that thread needs to keep in mind that
combustion is approached from a different perspective in Vedic astrology
Vedic is also sidereal so they may not recognise their natal chart

While most people find your posts helpful, I tend to find them demeaning, especially this one. Your tone implies that sidereal is strange and to be regarded with caution.

It was unnecessary for you to say that this was an offshoot from another thread.

JUPITERASC

While most people find your posts helpful,
Great - that's the intention :smile:
I tend to find them demeaning, especially this one.
Your tone implies that sidereal is strange and to be regarded with caution.
That's a huge leap of inference
the comment I made simply informs any reader following the link you placed
on the other thread
that this thread that you linked to is a very different style of astrology from the Traditional Tropical reading the OP originally requested

because
although you may be familiar with both Vedic and Tropical
ours is a learning forum and many beginners are not

and furthermore
I have frequently commented on this forum, that Vedic has a reputation for accurate prediction

It was unnecessary for you to say that this was an offshoot from another thread.
It's common practice
to say that a thread is an offshoot from another thread
if that is what it is

JUPITERASC

Thanks
I know the Systems approach by Choudry.

Venus rules my Lagna and is in 8th house
best if you post your sidereal chart :smile:
then you are more likely to get a response

you are probably alrady familiar with Extended Chart Selection Page at astro.com

Crystalpages

best if you post your sidereal chart :smile:
then you are more likely to get a response

you are probably alrady familiar with Extended Chart Selection Page at astro.com

Any serious and sincere astrologer that relies on pre-drawn charts (often limited and often incorrect :-( > makes me wonder and even scratch my chin! ;-)

I am amused by ALL this trouble that reading requestors get put through when all they need to do is provide date, time and place (name and not coordinates -- those can be all over the place too!). And a mention of the source of birth data (particularly the time!): Hospital record, grandfather's diary, parent's recall when they were young/pre-senile/stressed/in nursing home, OR rectified by xyz vachaspathy jee, etc..., who is now un-reachable... and requests for second opinions shower-in on all forums <LOL>

Am I asking too much, or something unreasonable or undesirable Moderator-jee?

Last edited:

JUPITERASC

Any serious and sincere astrologer that relies on charts
(often limited and often incorrect :-( > pre-drawn makes me wonder and even scratch my chin! ;-)

I am amused by this ALL trouble that reading requestors get put through when all they need to do is provide date, time and place (name and not coordinates -- those can be all over the place too!). And a mention of the source of birth data (particularly the time!). Hospital, parent's recall when they were young/pre-senile/stressed/in nursing home, OR rectified by xyz vachaspathy jee, etc..., now un-reachable... <LOL>

Am I asking too much, something unreasonable or undesirable Moderator-jee?
Fact is ours is a learning forum
and many beginners do not have astrological software

However our Vedic forum may have fewer beginners
than our Tropical Western Astrology forum

duenderoja

Fact is ours is a learning forum
and many beginners do not have astrological software

However our Vedic forum may have fewer beginners
than our Tropical Western Astrology forum

Reread what he was writing. He was saying that it was unnecessary to post a chart. Posting a chart is highly unreliable and the gurus here prefer to create their own charts, therefore only needing the poster to relay their details. As was done.

JUPITERASC

Reread what he was writing. He was saying that it was unnecessary to post a chart.
Posting a chart is highly unreliable and
the gurus here prefer to create their own charts,
therefore only needing the poster to relay their details.
As was done.
A chart is only as reliable as the software that creates it :smile:

meanwhile,
the question concerns the vedic slant
on multiple combust planets and how they present

Crystalpages

A chart is only as reliable as the software that creates it :smile:

meanwhile,
the question concerns the vedic slant
on multiple combust planets and how they present

Since I am not a 'vedic guru', readers particularly 'beginners' please exercise your discretion!

While visibly unmistakable, combustion (and when there is occultation) sounds ominous and indeed in jyotish as per recommendations points do get docked when combustion is seen.

However, combustion per se does not indicate doom and gloom. It does when sun is a malefic in a chart just like a planet conjoining a malefic would indicate problems, obstacles etc.

In this case, sun is a personal indicator and benefic. It could represent difficulties for the mother and/or ancestral house of the nativity.

This is not a comprehensive reading, hence just addressing the point that was asked.

OM SHANTI!
The world is burning with anger and fights! Let us astrologers who are a minority in the population refrain from fighting amongst our tiny community! :)

Rohiniranjan