Can I get some new insight?

Alamits

Well I'm not surprised your a martial artist! With that sensitive retrograde Mars, there has to be some type of outlet for it. What better way to release that tension than to practice martial arts!

I have natal Mars in retrograde in my chart as well. I have practiced martial arts in the past. Rx Mars manifests itself individually. It's like more of an internal tension. Your focus is more on individual expression rather than, for example, particpating in a team environment. Sure you could be a team player but the individual expression is more rewarding for you... it satisfies your more internal Mars.

Some say Rx Mars is a stronger manifestation than a direct Mars...

Some say Rx planets have karma associated with them as well.

It'll be interesting to see if you stick with martial arts as you mature and what form it takes. I find my Rx Mars to be uncompetitive outside of with myself. I suppose I'm wondering if you compete and how you feel about competing with/against someone...
One thing I don't understand is that the chart as a whole represents your karma how is a Rx planet anymore karmic? I don't compete being I am afraid to hurt someone.

Alamits

Hi there Alamits, I just chanced upon this thread and have found it very interesting that you are a martial artist for 12 years and going strong!

I sincerely wish to join in this discussion and provide some insights based on my knowledge using another system of "astrology".

Based on your details of 1992/11/30 and i take it that your birth timing is actually before 5pm sharp too as I have 2 charts on hand now.

1 chart before 5pm and 1 chart after 5pm.

My opinion is that the "before 5pm" chart is yours.

Let me begin.

You are someone that is bold and aggressive in nature. You see no reason to "hide" in any situations even when others think that it is dangerous. You view things as either friend or foe and very goal/target oriented; you pick a goal and charge all out to get it.

In your mind, you dislike deep thoughts and can be said to be impatient too but you are smart and talented; just that you prefer not to think. There are self-contradictions in your thoughts.

On one hand, your ideas prefer and likes stability and steady progression. You have sincere and somewhat kind thoughts but on the other hand, you tend to just make decisions too quickly without thinking deeply whether will your ideas work out.

Due to this "lack of deep thoughts" nature, you tend to make decisions too quickly that land you into trouble and misunderstandings.

You are also stubborn and may refuse to change your ideas when your mind is made up as well as having violent thoughts.

You are career-minded and optimistic too. You will have lots of opportunities, support and help from your elders and superiors.

You view your parents as being "soft", easily-satisfied, peaceful, easy-going, joyful and likes leisure activities to relax. Your bonding with them is good.

When it comes to handling stuff or work, you may feel that you aren't yourself. You prefer to just charge at things but being diplomatic just isn't yourself.

You are good at socializing with others and you tend to place your interests first before others'. You are accommodating with others but you see yourself getting something in return in the future.

You tend to be curious and find yourself being attracted to mysterious stuff too. Occult, astrology etc. anything mysterious.

I shall stop here just in case I am looking at the wrong chart.

Do you have some sort of "scar" or broken feature on your body?

Do you have any siblings as well? If any, I'm sure the number is low.

Seems like you do not really have any major health problems as your illness tends to recover by itself, just requires some time.

Looking forward to hearing from you!

Cheers.
I really liked this analysis. The only thing I don't really see is a lack of thinking..I tend to over think and over analyze everything to the point of pissing off those around me from making simple things too complicated(gemini nature I suppose?) I do make decisions too quickly which causes me some trouble. About being into the occult and mysterious, I was first very interested in the idea of paranormal phenomena and the possibility of multidimensional realms on top of our own which got me into astrology in the first place.
Can you elaborate on what you mean by scar or broken feature?
I have 2 siblings 1 brother(1.5 years younger) and a sister(10 years younger)
I have taken my health very seriously ever since starting astrology(vedic) and haven't been very sick since the whole swine flu scare(wasn't swine flu or wasn't as bad as others were having it.)
Thanks for your reading :D What time are you using for the before 5?

StillOne

One thing I don't understand is that the chart as a whole represents your karma how is a Rx planet anymore karmic? I don't compete being I am afraid to hurt someone.
Well of course some people don't believe in karma at all...

Indeed, to some whole chart can be seen as karmic. To some possibly only certain aspects are karmic? Not sure, so maybe my phrasing is off in my original statement. Not sure if you can believe only certain parts of a chart are karmic without others being so as well? Interesting to contemplate.

Neverthless, possibly in a previous incarnation there was an abuse of power or something related to Marsian expression, that now in this incarnation Mars is manifested inwardly. There are other things associated with Rx Mars as well... repression, depression, etc, etc.

Interesting detail that you don't compete which then describes Rx Mars quite well.

Alamits

Well of course some people don't believe in karma at all...

Indeed, to some whole chart can be seen as karmic. To some possibly only certain aspects are karmic? Not sure, so maybe my phrasing is off in my original statement. Not sure if you can believe only certain parts of a chart are karmic without others being so as well? Interesting to contemplate.

Neverthless, possibly in a previous incarnation there was an abuse of power or something related to Marsian expression, that now in this incarnation Mars is manifested inwardly. There are other things associated with Rx Mars as well... repression, depression, etc, etc.

Interesting detail that you don't compete which then describes Rx Mars quite well.
You tend to see the more experienced martial artists refuse to compete because they know what they can do if they have the opportunity..that's why I don't compete...plus in aikido there are no competitions anyway. I do compete in a way...with myself..how can I be better? How can I do this better? this internal drive just presses me to be better than the last time.

StillOne

You tend to see the more experienced martial artists refuse to compete because they know what they can do if they have the opportunity..that's why I don't compete...plus in aikido there are no competitions anyway. I do compete in a way...with myself..how can I be better? How can I do this better? this internal drive just presses me to be better than the last time.
I'm not saying there's anything wrong with not competing. Just trying to relate it to Rx Mars is all. I'm very familiar with it myself and have seen it's expression across my life. I also find your choice of style of marial art, aikido, to be quite representative of Rx Mars since it is inherently more defensive in nature.

What you say about competing with yourself is very representative also and is how Rx Mars tends to manifest... internally. The internal battle.

That being said, I find the chart you posted hard to read so I haven't looked at any other placements in relation to your Mars.

Alamits

I'm not saying there's anything wrong with not competing. Just trying to relate it to Rx Mars is all. I'm very familiar with it myself and have seen it's expression across my life. I also find your choice of style of marial art, aikido, to be quite representative of Rx Mars since it is inherently more defensive in nature.

What you say about competing with yourself is very representative also and is how Rx Mars tends to manifest... internally. The internal battle.

That being said, I find the chart you posted hard to read so I haven't looked at any other placements in relation to your Mars.
I know what you were saying :). What would make the chart easier for you to read? Mars is inconjunct the moon midheaven conjunction and trine pluto/mercury. I would have used astro.com if i know where to make the house system a 0 degrees equal house system as shown :)

StillOne

I think you'd get more responses if you post a chart from astro.com. Go to the extended chart selection there and save a copy to your computer then post it here using the "manage attachements" button when you are creating a post.

Alamits

I think you'd get more responses if you post a chart from astro.com. Go to the extended chart selection there and save a copy to your computer then post it here using the "manage attachements" button when you are creating a post.

Alright added the chart from astro.com on original post :D

Alamits

Also, could we possibly give me an idea of what the retrograde mercury in it's placement with the relationships to it would mean?

Alamits

As above states would anyone like to tell me what they know considering my mercury and the aspects to it? Like the fact its retrograde and what it means along with signs and angles and such thanks :D

Judy_AzVirgo

You mentioned going over and over an idea to analyze it, and this is fairly common with Mercury retrograde -- in the same way that Mars retrograde wants you to do things over and over again in order to get it right and 'perfect'. Same kind of energy, Mars on the physical plane and Mercury on the mental plane. Revise. Rethink. Try it again. Get it right.

Plus you have Mercury conjunct Pluto, which tends to think obsessively, and it questions everything, so here is more of that energy of going over and over something, maybe trying to take it down to its deeper meaning.

The square from your Moon in Aquarius to Mercury-Pluto tangles things up a bit more, adding some emotional stuff to your thinking, and making you thoughtful about your emotions. Both. Moon square Mercury could make for some impulsive decisions, but Scorpio and Aquarius are not terribly impulsive.

But you make decisions "too quickly". That could be a Gemini rising influence, because 'quick' is a Gemini byword. And your Mercury-Pluto squares your Midheaven, so maybe you think along the lines of "they're watching me and waiting for me to decide!" You're on the spot. So you cave to pressure and just make a decision.

Even so, your decisions are probably good ones, and probably are more reasoned and smart than you think ... maybe they just don't feel that way to you because you haven't finished analyzing!

You seem to have made excellent use of Mercury-Pluto in trine to your Mars, to have disciplined your body as well as you have. So I'm pretty certain you utilize Mercury-Pluto well in other areas of your life, too.

Alamits

You mentioned going over and over an idea to analyze it, and this is fairly common with Mercury retrograde -- in the same way that Mars retrograde wants you to do things over and over again in order to get it right and 'perfect'. Same kind of energy, Mars on the physical plane and Mercury on the mental plane. Revise. Rethink. Try it again. Get it right.

Plus you have Mercury conjunct Pluto, which tends to think obsessively, and it questions everything, so here is more of that energy of going over and over something, maybe trying to take it down to its deeper meaning.

The square from your Moon in Aquarius to Mercury-Pluto tangles things up a bit more, adding some emotional stuff to your thinking, and making you thoughtful about your emotions. Both. Moon square Mercury could make for some impulsive decisions, but Scorpio and Aquarius are not terribly impulsive.

But you make decisions "too quickly". That could be a Gemini rising influence, because 'quick' is a Gemini byword. And your Mercury-Pluto squares your Midheaven, so maybe you think along the lines of "they're watching me and waiting for me to decide!" You're on the spot. So you cave to pressure and just make a decision.

Even so, your decisions are probably good ones, and probably are more reasoned and smart than you think ... maybe they just don't feel that way to you because you haven't finished analyzing!

You seem to have made excellent use of Mercury-Pluto in trine to your Mars, to have disciplined your body as well as you have. So I'm pretty certain you utilize Mercury-Pluto well in other areas of your life, too.
Thanks for your reply... I didn't so much realize that side of rethinking and revisiting...but I know that I do it. This side of me really bothers my friends because of my obsessive analyzing and revisiting of ideas and such...but I get my fill of deep conversation and ideas that way. How do you think Chiron plays into it?

Judy_AzVirgo

I'm not an expert on Chiron, but I'll give it a go. It's in your 3rd house squaring your Mercury-Pluto and opposite your Moon. A big ball of wax involving how you communicate with others.... and probably a lot of angst about people's reactions to what you say/think.

For you, the wounding associated with Chiron probably has to do with a lack of self-confidence about projecting your ideas.

So you may be dissatisfied with yourself, thinking that what you say is either weak/meek or TOO forceful. ("Oh, I should have said it this way." Or, "I shouldn't have said that.") Do you put a lot of emotion into what you say? Or do you have trouble expressing emotions? With the Moon opposition, you're very sensitive to how people react, and you want to please them. Maybe that somehow worked against you when you were very young? (I.e., parents telling you to "speak up!" or "pipe down", or ignoring your ideas -- something like that.)

You mentioned that you're teaching Aikido techniques to others. I think this is a terrific way for you to heal that Chiron wound and become more confident in your presentation.

kimbermoon

Re Alamits:
Question: How might you say the conjunction of Venus/uranus/neptune works in your life?
In the sign of Cappy, do you stick to traditional values and are reserved about your ideals and affections?
In the 8th house: life or death circumstances? the death of an elder? Conflicts relating to shared resources? Psychological problems about money?
How about Saturn in Aquarius: fears about freedom and independence? Feeling too limited and restricted? thanks

Alamits

I'm not an expert on Chiron, but I'll give it a go. It's in your 3rd house squaring your Mercury-Pluto and opposite your Moon. A big ball of wax involving how you communicate with others.... and probably a lot of angst about people's reactions to what you say/think.

For you, the wounding associated with Chiron probably has to do with a lack of self-confidence about projecting your ideas.

So you may be dissatisfied with yourself, thinking that what you say is either weak/meek or TOO forceful. ("Oh, I should have said it this way." Or, "I shouldn't have said that.") Do you put a lot of emotion into what you say? Or do you have trouble expressing emotions? With the Moon opposition, you're very sensitive to how people react, and you want to please them. Maybe that somehow worked against you when you were very young? (I.e., parents telling you to "speak up!" or "pipe down", or ignoring your ideas -- something like that.)

You mentioned that you're teaching Aikido techniques to others. I think this is a terrific way for you to heal that Chiron wound and become more confident in your presentation.
I have a very hard time expressing emotions and I am not demonstrative in the slightest. I have just associated this with having moon in Aquarius. When I was very young I would talk and talk and talk....and talk some more and I'm sure I got the pipe down responses a lot of the time. I use analogies to express my ideas. I find that telling a story on the spot to express what I am talking about or what my goal is is the easiest way to get my point across. When I teach techniques to people I use analogies and expressions to teach and I get really good results from it.

Alamits

Re Alamits:
Question: How might you say the conjunction of Venus/uranus/neptune works in your life?
In the sign of Cappy, do you stick to traditional values and are reserved about your ideals and affections?
In the 8th house: life or death circumstances? the death of an elder? Conflicts relating to shared resources? Psychological problems about money?
How about Saturn in Aquarius: fears about freedom and independence? Feeling too limited and restricted? thanks
Can you elaborate a bit more please? I don't quite understand the placement of the triple conjunction. Can you explain more about the 8th house bit you are asking me about also? I wouldn't so much say that I have fears about freedom and independence but I really am striving to keep it at any cost within reason. I don't feel limited and restricted by saturn in aquarius by any means I find it rather helpful...if you can imagine :)

Judy_AzVirgo

The triple conjunction is an interesting one, though I think the Venus-Mars opposition is too wide. Venus and Neptune surely have a diffusing or calming effect on Uranus in Capricorn, but probably 'reserved', maybe noncommittal about love; in love with an ideal rather than a person?

I've stayed away from house descriptions with this chart because of the whole-house system. It's quite possible that, using a different house system, Venus could be in the 9th, for instance. And to me, Alamits' Sun is in the 6th rather than the 7th... a 6th house Sun seems to mesh with the idea of 'perfecting the body' and becoming skilled at Aikido. Just MO.

dear_darkness, you're right about his Sun being his only Fire planet. But Alamits, you don't appear to be a very 'fiery' type, even with the sextile to Jupiter. Maybe because the Saturn trine is stronger, or because of the 6th house placement? I can see you expressing your Aquarius Moon strongly, due to its placement so close to the Midheaven. And Saturn, too, for that matter.

Alamits

The triple conjunction is an interesting one, though I think the Venus-Mars opposition is too wide. Venus and Neptune surely have a diffusing or calming effect on Uranus in Capricorn, but probably 'reserved', maybe noncommittal about love; in love with an ideal rather than a person?

I've stayed away from house descriptions with this chart because of the whole-house system. It's quite possible that, using a different house system, Venus could be in the 9th, for instance. And to me, Alamits' Sun is in the 6th rather than the 7th... a 6th house Sun seems to mesh with the idea of 'perfecting the body' and becoming skilled at Aikido. Just MO.

dear_darkness, you're right about his Sun being his only Fire planet. But Alamits, you don't appear to be a very 'fiery' type, even with the sextile to Jupiter. Maybe because the Saturn trine is stronger, or because of the 6th house placement? I can see you expressing your Aquarius Moon strongly, due to its placement so close to the Midheaven. And Saturn, too, for that matter.
If you would like I'll post the placidus chart so you can interpret that way. Our school focuses on martial effectiveness but we are big on relating with our attackers and keeping the connection which I would think would be more seventh house stuff. I am open to your opinion and interpretation of the other chart style let me know and I'll put it up :)

kimbermoon

Can you elaborate a bit more please? I don't quite understand the placement of the triple conjunction. Can you explain more about the 8th house bit you are asking me about also? I wouldn't so much say that I have fears about freedom and independence but I really am striving to keep it at any cost within reason. I don't feel limited and restricted by saturn in aquarius by any means I find it rather helpful...if you can imagine :)

Re my questions:

In using this chart for interpretation, with the conjunction falling in the 8th house, I am just curious to see how you feel the energies have affected you. If the 8th represents 'shared resources' from death, such as insurance policies or trusts or inheritances, have such experiences occurred for you? Do you have a greater interest in 'the mysteries of life and death'; as in metaphysics or transcendentalism,etc? this is another issue that can be connected with the 8th house. Or do you experience it through psychological difficulties in dealing with life and death issues? As the opposite to the 2nd house, this house can also relate to spiritual resources, as opposed to the material resources of the 2nd. I just find that the 8th house can often be quite an enigma to interpret. And how do you think your Venus in Capricorn operates through this house?
Regarding the other mention about your particular generation, I have done much research because of all the inquiries I have received, which I have addressed in my personal blog @
http://mystikvale.netfirms.com/.
As per Saturn: now of course we always tend to think of Saturn as being the taskmaster demanding that we take care of routine business: we look to it for indications of particular limitations or restrictions...perhaps in your case it is more helpful towards success, though as a result of the Grand Air Trine it is involved in....