Astrologers' Community  

Go Back   Astrologers' Community > General Astrology > Natal Astrology > Houses & cusps

Houses & cusps For discussions on houses and house cusps (i.e. planets on angles, house stelliums and so on)


Reply
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1  
Unread 08-09-2016, 03:45 AM
Osamenor's Avatar
Osamenor Osamenor is offline
Senior Member, Moderator
 
Join Date: Oct 2014
Posts: 5,201
Which house represents high school?

If the third house is elementary school and the ninth is college/university, which house would represent high school? Would it be the ninth, because it's not elementary school anymore, and high school students are not young children? Or would it be the third, because it's not higher education yet, and high school students are typically still living at home with their families?

Reply With Quote
  #2  
Unread 08-09-2016, 03:56 AM
conspiracy theorist's Avatar
conspiracy theorist conspiracy theorist is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: clearing
Posts: 16,543
Re: Which house represents high school?

Personally, I'd consider high school being under the rulership of the 3rd. High school has more in common structurally with elementary than it does college. Also, university is often accompanied by other 9th house elements (like moving abroad) where oftentimes high schools are heavily 3rd house (local environment and neighbourhood).
Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to conspiracy theorist For This Useful Post:
astrobunny (08-09-2016), katydid (08-09-2016), Kitchy (08-09-2016), Osamenor (08-09-2016)
  #3  
Unread 08-09-2016, 03:57 AM
AppLeo AppLeo is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2015
Posts: 13,346
Re: Which house represents high school?

Well in Vedic astrology, the 5th house is often associated with intelligence and learning.

Maybe the 5th house represents high school as well??

The Leo definitely represents the teenager, which rules over the 5th house. In high school you start to learn to express yourself and learn about stuff you care about and all.

Aries - baby
Taurus - toddler
Gemini - kid
Cancer - prepubescent
Leo - teenager

But if it's not the 5th house I'd definitely go with the 3rd house because high school is very boring and teaches standard information.
Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to AppLeo For This Useful Post:
Osamenor (08-09-2016)
  #4  
Unread 08-09-2016, 04:02 AM
katydid katydid is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Posts: 6,519
Re: Which house represents high school?

I'd say high school was still 3rd house. The student would still be living at home under parent's roof and control. It is at the 9th that they go away from home and do higher education.


here is some corroboration:
http://www.astrotheme.com/astrology_houses.php

The 3rd house: immediate surroundings, siblings, short trips, and studies.

It deals with communication, the close environment (siblings, colleagues, schoolmates), primary and secondary education, apprenticeship. It also describes short trips, transportation, modern means of communication and all practical things. The third astrological house is in analogy to the third sign of the zodiac, Gemini.

The 9th house: travels, abstract and higher concepts, spirituality, and foreign matters.

It is the realm of spirituality and philosophy, higher ideals, faraway travels, both physical and inner ones. Contrarily to the 3rd house, this house represents higher education and universities, as well as the understanding of abstract topics. It is also related to law and legality, and religion. The ninth astrological house is in analogy to the ninth sign of the zodiac, Sagittarius.
Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to katydid For This Useful Post:
astrobunny (08-09-2016), Kitchy (08-09-2016), Osamenor (08-09-2016), theV (08-09-2016)
  #5  
Unread 08-09-2016, 04:03 AM
katydid katydid is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Posts: 6,519
Re: Which house represents high school?

Quote:
Originally Posted by AppLeo View Post
Well in Vedic astrology, the 5th house is often associated with intelligence and learning.

Maybe the 5th house represents high school as well??

The Leo definitely represents the teenager, which rules over the 5th house. In high school you start to learn to express yourself and learn about stuff you care about and all.

Aries - baby
Taurus - toddler
Gemini - kid
Cancer - prepubescent
Leo - teenager

But if it's not the 5th house I'd definitely go with the 3rd house because high school is very boring and teaches standard information.
'Being' a teenager could be given a 5th house influence. But the 'educational' aspect of teen years is 3rd house. JMO
Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to katydid For This Useful Post:
Osamenor (08-09-2016)
  #6  
Unread 08-09-2016, 04:05 AM
AppLeo AppLeo is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2015
Posts: 13,346
Re: Which house represents high school?

Quote:
Originally Posted by katydid View Post
'Being' a teenager could be given a 5th house influence. But the 'educational' aspect of teen years is 3rd house. JMO
Probs right, I just thought I'd throw the 5th in there.
Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to AppLeo For This Useful Post:
Osamenor (08-09-2016)
  #7  
Unread 08-09-2016, 04:10 AM
conspiracy theorist's Avatar
conspiracy theorist conspiracy theorist is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: clearing
Posts: 16,543
Re: Which house represents high school?

Perhaps the joys as well can aid as an indication of the house's focus. The Moon joys in the 3rd which could mean that the intimate and bonding that the moon does is in line with people who are more local and thus more accessible and "familiar". In Jamaica for example, we have the track and field championships every year and every high school acts almost tribe like in their zeal. Though school loyalty is something you would see in universities too.

The Sun joys in the 9th house and the Sun is the planet of illumination and "en-lighten-ment". Universities are places where your horizons are broadened -- you learn about a more vast array of subjects, you are likely to meet people from various different cultures and it is in the higher positions of universities where there is cutting edge research and projects that propel the world forward by making them aware (Sun) of knowledge that was not known by many before.
Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to conspiracy theorist For This Useful Post:
AppLeo (08-09-2016), katydid (08-09-2016), Osamenor (08-09-2016)
  #8  
Unread 08-09-2016, 04:20 AM
Osamenor's Avatar
Osamenor Osamenor is offline
Senior Member, Moderator
 
Join Date: Oct 2014
Posts: 5,201
Re: Which house represents high school?

Quote:
Originally Posted by conspiracy theorist View Post
Personally, I'd consider high school being under the rulership of the 3rd. High school has more in common structurally with elementary than it does college. Also, university is often accompanied by other 9th house elements (like moving abroad) where oftentimes high schools are heavily 3rd house (local environment and neighbourhood).
Makes sense....

Quote:
Originally Posted by katydid View Post
The 3rd house: immediate surroundings, siblings, short trips, and studies.

It deals with communication, the close environment (siblings, colleagues, schoolmates), primary and secondary education, apprenticeship.
Makes sense, too, especially with that official quote....

Quote:
Originally Posted by conspiracy theorist View Post
The Sun joys in the 9th house and the Sun is the planet of illumination and "en-lighten-ment". Universities are places where your horizons are broadened -- you learn about a more vast array of subjects, you are likely to meet people from various different cultures and it is in the higher positions of universities where there is cutting edge research and projects that propel the world forward by making them aware (Sun) of knowledge that was not known by many before.
But then, the "meet people from various different cultures" part sounds more like my high school than like either of the two colleges I attended. I went to high school in a big city with many immigrants. Most of my friends came from somewhere else. I would regularly hear at least 5 different languages, aside from English, just walking down the hall.

Granted, that's not the typical high school experience. But where do we put high school if it matches a ninth house experience in some key way? Another possible example: what if you go to boarding school for high school? Then the being away from home experience is part of it, the meeting different people who you wouldn't have met at home, all of that.
Reply With Quote
  #9  
Unread 08-09-2016, 04:24 AM
AppLeo AppLeo is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2015
Posts: 13,346
Re: Which house represents high school?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Osamenor View Post
Granted, that's not the typical high school experience. But where do we put high school if it matches a ninth house experience in some key way? Another possible example: what if you go to boarding school for high school? Then the being away from home experience is part of it, the meeting different people who you wouldn't have met at home, all of that.
You're over complicating it. Just accept that the 3rd house is associated with high school.
Reply With Quote
  #10  
Unread 08-09-2016, 04:25 AM
conspiracy theorist's Avatar
conspiracy theorist conspiracy theorist is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: clearing
Posts: 16,543
Re: Which house represents high school?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Osamenor View Post
But then, the "meet people from various different cultures" part sounds more like my high school than like either of the two colleges I attended. I went to high school in a big city with many immigrants. Most of my friends came from somewhere else. I would regularly hear at least 5 different languages, aside from English, just walking down the hall.

Granted, that's not the typical high school experience. But where do we put high school if it matches a ninth house experience in some key way? Another possible example: what if you go to boarding school for high school? Then the being away from home experience is part of it, the meeting different people who you wouldn't have met at home, all of that.
A lot of those same thoughts came to my mind while typing up my post. It's why I qualified my statement with oftentimes and other such words.

I've haven't seen your chart in a long time. How is the 3rd house configured vs. the 9th? That may go to explaining why your experience is almost flipped from the conventional.
Reply With Quote
  #11  
Unread 08-09-2016, 04:33 AM
Osamenor's Avatar
Osamenor Osamenor is offline
Senior Member, Moderator
 
Join Date: Oct 2014
Posts: 5,201
Re: Which house represents high school?

Quote:
Originally Posted by conspiracy theorist View Post
A lot of those same thoughts came to my mind while typing up my post. It's why I qualified my statement with oftentimes and other such words.

I've haven't seen your chart in a long time. How is the 3rd house configured vs. the 9th? That may go to explaining why your experience is almost flipped from the conventional.
Both my third and my ninth are empty houses if you just consider traditional planets, although the ninth has Pluto (in Libra) in it. Third house cusp is in late Pisces, ninth in late Virgo. Edit: Jupiter is technically in my third house, but I tend to think of it as fourth because it's right on my IC.

However, I have a Sagittarius moon. That's what immediately sprang to my mind thinking of my high school experience just now. The familiar, for me, is Sagittarian.

Maybe that's why most of my friends came from somewhere else. There were certainly other American born students, but that wasn't who I gravitated to. Moon rules my seventh house, so maybe Sag has something to do with who I draw into my life.

Last edited by Osamenor; 08-09-2016 at 04:40 AM.
Reply With Quote
  #12  
Unread 08-09-2016, 04:36 AM
Osamenor's Avatar
Osamenor Osamenor is offline
Senior Member, Moderator
 
Join Date: Oct 2014
Posts: 5,201
Re: Which house represents high school?

Quote:
Originally Posted by AppLeo View Post
You're over complicating it. Just accept that the 3rd house is associated with high school.
I accept that the third house is associated with high school in general. I would certainly interpret it that way if it were a horary chart, or a high school student's solar return chart with significant third house placements. However, I can see there being certain situations where high school would be more like a ninth house experience... so I'm thinking of the exceptions as well. Is there really hard and fast rule?
Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Osamenor For This Useful Post:
katydid (08-09-2016)
  #13  
Unread 08-09-2016, 04:48 AM
conspiracy theorist's Avatar
conspiracy theorist conspiracy theorist is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: clearing
Posts: 16,543
Re: Which house represents high school?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Osamenor View Post
Both my third and my ninth are empty houses if you just consider traditional planets, although the ninth has Pluto (in Libra) in it. Third house cusp is in late Pisces, ninth in late Virgo. Edit: Jupiter is technically in my third house, but I tend to think of it as fourth because it's right on my IC.

However, I have a Sagittarius moon. That's what immediately sprang to my mind thinking of my high school experience just now. The familiar, for me, is Sagittarian.

Maybe that's why most of my friends came from somewhere else. There were certainly other American born students, but that wasn't who I gravitated to. Moon rules my seventh house, so maybe Sag has something to do with who I draw into my life.
Ah, it's coming back to me now.

I take your explanation on your own chart factors. Perhaps another thing too would be that due to L3 being Jupiter conjunct the 4th you would experience a local environment that was more cosmopolitan (Jupiter) than the norm.

And in regard to the L9 Mercury being placed in 8th would speak to a more "stationary" (if you can call it that) experience. Modernly the 8th is a house of intimacy so no doubt this could've described you uni experience.

If Moon is trine Jupiter it would certainly strengthen the connection between foreign intimates and your cultural co-mingling that you experience growing up.
Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to conspiracy theorist For This Useful Post:
Osamenor (08-09-2016)
  #14  
Unread 08-09-2016, 04:58 AM
Osamenor's Avatar
Osamenor Osamenor is offline
Senior Member, Moderator
 
Join Date: Oct 2014
Posts: 5,201
Re: Which house represents high school?

Quote:
Originally Posted by conspiracy theorist View Post
Ah, it's coming back to me now.

I take your explanation on your own chart factors. Perhaps another thing too would be that due to L3 being Jupiter conjunct the 4th you would experience a local environment that was more cosmopolitan (Jupiter) than the norm.
That's very true. That's exactly the kind of environment I grew up in. Never thought of it, but it makes perfect sense!

Quote:
Originally Posted by conspiracy theorist View Post
And in regard to the L9 Mercury being placed in 8th would speak to a more "stationary" (if you can call it that) experience. Modernly the 8th is a house of intimacy so no doubt this could've described you uni experience.
Mercury is indeed in my 8th house, but whole sign 9th.

Quote:
Originally Posted by conspiracy theorist View Post
If Moon is trine Jupiter it would certainly strengthen the connection between foreign intimates and your cultural co-mingling that you experience growing up.
It is--wide orb, but applying trine, and trine by sign. So that fits, too!
Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Osamenor For This Useful Post:
conspiracy theorist (08-09-2016)
  #15  
Unread 08-09-2016, 05:12 AM
katydid katydid is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Posts: 6,519
Re: Which house represents high school?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Osamenor View Post
I accept that the third house is associated with high school in general. I would certainly interpret it that way if it were a horary chart, or a high school student's solar return chart with significant third house placements. However, I can see there being certain situations where high school would be more like a ninth house experience... so I'm thinking of the exceptions as well. Is there really hard and fast rule?
I think you are correct. As a general rule, a student living at home and attending the local high school, is doing a 3rd house experience.

But if circumstances are different, in that the student goes to a boarding school, far away, then perhaps they are plunging head first into a 9th house experience, at a younger age than most.

My daughters friend was sent to live with her father, in Geneva Switzerland, when she was a freshman in high school. She attended something called 'the American School'---which was full of diplomats kids from all over.

But I would consider that a 9th house experience for her, as opposed to a 3rd house. She came home for her Senior year, and was very bored and underwhelmed by her local high school experience. LOL
Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to katydid For This Useful Post:
Osamenor (08-09-2016)
  #16  
Unread 08-09-2016, 02:16 PM
muchacho muchacho is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2014
Posts: 2,787
Re: Which house represents high school?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Osamenor View Post
If the third house is elementary school and the ninth is college/university, which house would represent high school? Would it be the ninth, because it's not elementary school anymore, and high school students are not young children? Or would it be the third, because it's not higher education yet, and high school students are typically still living at home with their families?
In modern western astrology I would say it's the 3rd house. In vedic astrology, however, it's the 4th house (formal education).
__________________
“Millionaires don't use Astrology, billionaires do.” ― J.P. Morgan
Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to muchacho For This Useful Post:
katydid (08-09-2016), Osamenor (08-10-2016)
  #17  
Unread 08-09-2016, 02:18 PM
muchacho muchacho is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2014
Posts: 2,787
Re: Which house represents high school?

Quote:
Originally Posted by AppLeo View Post
Well in Vedic astrology, the 5th house is often associated with intelligence and learning.

Maybe the 5th house represents high school as well??

The Leo definitely represents the teenager, which rules over the 5th house. In high school you start to learn to express yourself and learn about stuff you care about and all.

Aries - baby
Taurus - toddler
Gemini - kid
Cancer - prepubescent
Leo - teenager

But if it's not the 5th house I'd definitely go with the 3rd house because high school is very boring and teaches standard information.
In vedic astrology the 5th is for college and university (BA). MA and PhD and beyond would be the 9th. 5th would also be for the arts.
__________________
“Millionaires don't use Astrology, billionaires do.” ― J.P. Morgan
Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to muchacho For This Useful Post:
AppLeo (08-09-2016), Osamenor (08-10-2016)
  #18  
Unread 08-09-2016, 04:35 PM
Kitchy Kitchy is offline
Banned
 
Join Date: Nov 2015
Location: Wild Wild West
Posts: 2,097
Re: Which house represents high school?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Osamenor View Post
If the third house is elementary school and the ninth is college/university, which house would represent high school? Would it be the ninth, because it's not elementary school anymore, and high school students are not young children? Or would it be the third, because it's not higher education yet, and high school students are typically still living at home with their families?

Cool question! A question like this came up years ago for me and my astro friend from college who was talking about her school days. She was from New York but attended a K-12 at a private school in Mass. I told her that 3rd house is schooling while growing up and she pointed out that she thought it was 9th in this instance because it was not local neighborhood/classmates and it was another "land". I thought that made sense so I try to look at those things in charts when talking about schooling.
Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Kitchy For This Useful Post:
Osamenor (08-10-2016)
  #19  
Unread 08-09-2016, 05:07 PM
AppLeo AppLeo is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2015
Posts: 13,346
Re: Which house represents high school?

Quote:
Originally Posted by muchacho View Post
In vedic astrology the 5th is for college and university (BA). MA and PhD and beyond would be the 9th. 5th would also be for the arts.
Good to know.
Reply With Quote
  #20  
Unread 08-10-2016, 04:56 AM
CapAquaPis's Avatar
CapAquaPis CapAquaPis is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: ...in the sidereal astrological system.
Posts: 3,874
Re: Which house represents high school?

In the astrological life cycle, each house beginning at ascendant represents 6-7 years of your life. I thought my 3rd house with the planets Mars, Jupiter and Saturn in the sign of Virgo would indicate my grade school experience, the 4th with Pluto in Libra portrays my time in middle school and the 5th of Uranus in Scorpio relates to my experiences in high school or adolesence. Then again, I have a Mercury in Pisces-9th (high school) in a close aspect with my Sun and Moon in Aquarius. I was in a county mentally disabled special ed. class in the first half (6) out of 12 years in public school, and I managed to graduate at my HS senior year despite I have mild or high-functioning autism.
__________________
or , I have the same ruling planets: Uranus and Saturn. I see the Cancer rising. Aries in the MC and Venus was her name!
Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to CapAquaPis For This Useful Post:
JUPITERASC (08-10-2016), katydid (08-10-2016)
  #21  
Unread 08-10-2016, 05:50 AM
Osamenor's Avatar
Osamenor Osamenor is offline
Senior Member, Moderator
 
Join Date: Oct 2014
Posts: 5,201
Re: Which house represents high school?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kitchy View Post
Cool question! A question like this came up years ago for me and my astro friend from college who was talking about her school days. She was from New York but attended a K-12 at a private school in Mass. I told her that 3rd house is schooling while growing up and she pointed out that she thought it was 9th in this instance because it was not local neighborhood/classmates and it was another "land". I thought that made sense so I try to look at those things in charts when talking about schooling.
Does your friend's chart have any Jupiter indicators in the third house? Like Jupiter itself being placed there, or the third house cusp in Sagittarius or Pisces, or aspects involving Jupiter and/or one of its signs?

I'm wondering if those kinds of placements would be linked with a ninth house experience in a third house situation--like my high school, and your friend's K-12.

Was it a boarding school that she attended? Or did she stay with relatives, or was there some other arrangement?
Reply With Quote
  #22  
Unread 08-10-2016, 02:48 PM
Kitchy Kitchy is offline
Banned
 
Join Date: Nov 2015
Location: Wild Wild West
Posts: 2,097
Re: Which house represents high school?

Osa -

She attended Phillips Andover and some affiliate primary school before that - always at a "boarding school." Her parents were executives who were seldom at home in NYC.

I suppose the difference btwn 3rd and 9th in this scenario is that instead of attending a school exclusively with neighborhood children (3rd) - she was attending school with international students, foreign nationals as well as with children from other parts of the country, as one would typically do in higher education - college (9th).

I can't remember much about her chart - it's been a long time - but she was a 29' Libra Sun, Moon Cap and Scorpio asc - that much I remember. Maybe moon in 3rd..

Last edited by Kitchy; 08-10-2016 at 03:09 PM.
Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Kitchy For This Useful Post:
Osamenor (08-10-2016)
  #23  
Unread 08-10-2016, 03:55 PM
JUPITERASC's Avatar
JUPITERASC JUPITERASC is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Posts: 73,665
Re: Which house represents high school?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Osamenor View Post

Does your friend's chart have any Jupiter indicators in the third house?
Like Jupiter itself being placed there,
or the third house cusp in Sagittarius or Pisces,
or aspects involving Jupiter and/or one of its signs?

I'm wondering if those kinds of placements would be linked with a ninth house experience in a third house situation

--like my high school, and your friend's K-12.

Was it a boarding school that she attended?
Or did she stay with relatives, or was there some other arrangement?
interesting CapAquaPis comment then that
Quote:
Originally Posted by CapAquaPis View Post

In the astrological life cycle, each house beginning at ascendant represents 6-7 years of your life.
I thought my 3rd house with the planets Mars, Jupiter and Saturn in the sign of Virgo would
indicate my grade school experience,
the 4th with Pluto in Libra portrays my time in middle school and the 5th of Uranus in Scorpio relates to my experiences in high school or adolesence.

Then again, I have a Mercury in Pisces-9th (high school) in a close aspect with my Sun and Moon in Aquarius.
I was in a county mentally disabled special ed. class in the first half (6) out of 12 years in public school,
and I managed to graduate at my HS senior year despite I have mild or high-functioning autism.
so
Jupiter, ruler of Pisces 9th being placed in Virgo in 3rd
doesn't necessarily indicate boarding school/being away from home 9th house education experience
in this particular case
__________________
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=82p-D...eature=related Hippocrates Let food be your medicine: let medicine be your food. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cvz9uSK3zXo Rosencrantz & Guildenstern are Dead Tom Stoppard http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KchhSIVwMdY Every exit is an entrance to somewhere else. VETTIUS VALENS FREE http://www.csus.edu/indiv/r/rileymt/...s%20entire.pdf
Reply With Quote
  #24  
Unread 08-10-2016, 04:03 PM
JUPITERASC's Avatar
JUPITERASC JUPITERASC is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Posts: 73,665
Re: Which house represents high school?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kitchy View Post

Osa -

She attended Phillips Andover and some affiliate primary school before that - always at a "boarding school."
Her parents were executives who were seldom at home in NYC.


I suppose the difference btwn 3rd and 9th in this scenario is
that instead of attending a school exclusively with neighborhood children (3rd)

- she was attending school with international students, foreign nationals
as well as with children from other parts of the country,
as one would typically do in higher education - college (9th)
.

I can't remember much about her chart - it's been a long time -
but she was a 29' Libra Sun,

Moon Cap

and

Scorpio asc
- that much I remember.

Maybe moon in 3rd
..
Scorpio ascendant using Whole Sign Houses
DOES place Capricorn Moon in 3rd
and by Whole Signs Capricorn Moon is ruler of Cancer 9th
so in this case
ruler of 9th in 3rd IS connected to boarding schooling with international students
__________________
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=82p-D...eature=related Hippocrates Let food be your medicine: let medicine be your food. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cvz9uSK3zXo Rosencrantz & Guildenstern are Dead Tom Stoppard http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KchhSIVwMdY Every exit is an entrance to somewhere else. VETTIUS VALENS FREE http://www.csus.edu/indiv/r/rileymt/...s%20entire.pdf
Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to JUPITERASC For This Useful Post:
Kitchy (08-10-2016)
  #25  
Unread 08-10-2016, 04:32 PM
Osamenor's Avatar
Osamenor Osamenor is offline
Senior Member, Moderator
 
Join Date: Oct 2014
Posts: 5,201
Re: Which house represents high school?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kitchy View Post
I can't remember much about her chart - it's been a long time - but she was a 29' Libra Sun, Moon Cap and Scorpio asc - that much I remember. Maybe moon in 3rd..
Twelfth house sun?

Maybe twelfth house has something to do with this. I have a twelfth house moon, trine Jupiter... I suppose that could be part of my picture, too! And one of my immigrant friends from high school has a twelfth house sun... in Gemini, with Mercury combust. She speaks about five languages fluently, including English that's as good as mine, even though she didn't start learning it until she was 13.

Maybe this being in a foreign place, for school, at a young age involves twelfth house influences. House of exile. Even if it's not literal exile, being sent away from home, or immigrating, would be a twelfth house experience.
Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
high, house, represents, school

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump



All times are GMT. The time now is 11:57 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.2
Copyright ©2000 - 2021, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright © 2005-2018, AstrologyWeekly.com. Boards' structure and all posts are property of AstrologyWeekly.com and their respective creators. No part of the messages sent on these boards may be copied without their owners' explicit consent.