In Mutual Reception You Switch Signs?

Julian

Banned
According to the chart you posted
natal Moon is located in 3rd House
one degree away from IC :smile:

When a planet is 5 degrees away from the next house it's considered to be a planet in the next house for the most part. Also please reply to your quote. I don't think you forgot that Moon and Saturn weren't making any aspect considering you regarded their exact position.

JUPITERASC

When a planet is 5 degrees away from the next house
it's considered to be a planet in the next house for the most part.

Also please reply to your quote.
I don't think you forgot that Moon and Saturn weren't making any aspect considering you regarded their exact position.
Notice I said

BUT :smile:

unfortunately this natal Saturn is also Peregrine
Saturn at 3 Taurus having no essential dignity at all

A Planet is then said to be Peregrine,
when he is in the degrees of any Sign wherein he hath no essential dignity,
As Saturn in the tenth degree of Aries,
that Sign being not his House, Exaltation, or of his Triplicity,
or he having in that degree neither Term or Face,
he is then said to be Peregrine;
had he been in 27, 28, &c. of Aries, he could not be termed Peregrine,
because then he is in his own Term.
William Lilly, Christian Astrology, p.112

'....Just as essential dignity signifies strength and a capacity for beneficial action,
lack of it implies weakness or a harmful disposition.
A planet with no essential dignity is called Peregrine,
a Latin word meaning 'alien' or 'foreigner'
pereger = beyond the borders,
ager = land, i.e., 'beyond one's own land'.
In old English, to 'peregrinate' means to wander far from home....'

'....In symbolic terms, a peregrine planet describes a drifter
- someone with no title or stake in his or her environment.
It's helpful to think in terms of property
because
Property owners tend to view drifters with suspicion, and distrust their lack of stability.
Peregrine planets share this dubious reputation ....'
http://www.skyscript.co.uk/dig4.html

dignities2.gif

HOW TO READ THIS TABLE
http://www.skyscript.co.uk/dig2.html

JUPITERASC

As already explained

No, you can't.
I'd try to clarify but I don't understand how you came up with the question, or the logic behind it.

A planet is in the sign it's in.

It doesn't switch signs because another planet is in its ruling sign

OP question is answered
even if the two planets under discussion were in mutual reception
(and they are not)
Mutual Reception CANNOT "Switch Signs"
:smile:

Oddity

If you prefer a slightly different take on dignities (slightly), this is the one I use.

Attachments

• dignidades.jpg
    dignidades.jpg
    88.6 KB · Views: 43

Julian

Banned
I believe Solar Fire Gold has a lot of prestige among astrologers and it says that yes, indeed, most-assuredly, for the most part, positively, Saturn and the Moon are in mutual reception by exaltation. Period.

Oddity

I believe Solar Fire Gold has a lot of prestige among astrologers and it says that yes, indeed, most-assuredly, for the most part, positively, Saturn and the Moon are in mutual reception by exaltation. Period.

Julian, you're grasping at straws here. You really are. But I can kind of admire your tenacity, while also wondering why you don't print out a blank chart form and put the planets where you **** well want them once and for all.

It's a thought, yes? :D

Julian

Banned
Julian, you're grasping at straws here. You really are. But I can kind of admire your tenacity, while also wondering why you don't print out a blank chart form and put the planets where you **** well want them once and for all.

It's a thought, yes? :D

Nah. I am entitled to my own opinion. I say they're in mutual reception aswell as the Moon being in the 4th house. I won't just put a blank chart where everything is okay. Solar Fire Gold is like Google. It never lies. And Solar Fire Gold says what it is. Also somebody (avoiding personal attack lols) always comes to burst my bubble.

Mutual reception:

"A type of reception in which two planets appear in the sign of the other's domicile. An example would be Mars in Gemini and Mercury in Aries. Planets in mutual reception are generally strengthen each other, unless one or both is weakened in some way. In horary and traditional astrology, for example, Saturn in Cancer in mutual reception with the moon in Capricorn would be less helpful. Even though these planets exchange the signs of their domiciles, both appear in the signs of their detriment."

Last edited:

Julian

Banned
Also I dislike people who just go by the traditional rules of astrology. Traditional astrology is way too simple, linear and fatalistic.

Oddity

"A type of reception in which two planets appear in the sign of the other's domicile. An example would be Mars in Gemini and Mercury in Aries. Planets in mutual reception are generally strengthen each other, unless one or both is weakened in some way. In horary and traditional astrology, for example, Saturn in Cancer in mutual reception with the moon in Capricorn would be less helpful. Even though these planets exchange the signs of their domiciles, both appear in the signs of their detriment."

You must erase this, it defeats your argument. Quickly!

JUPITERASC

Nah. I am entitled to my own opinion. I say they're in mutual reception aswell as the Moon being in the 4th house. I won't just put a blank chart where everything is okay. Solar Fire Gold is like Google. It never lies. And Solar Fire Gold says what it is. Also somebody (avoiding personal attack lols) always comes to burst my bubble.

Mutual reception:

"A type of reception in which two planets appear in the sign of the other's domicile.

An example would be Mars in Gemini and Mercury in Aries
Note that the example of mutual reception you just posted
is of two planets in sextile aspect
:smile:
but not in domicile
Planets in mutual reception are generally strengthen each other, unless one or both is weakened in some way. In horary and traditional astrology,

for example, Saturn in Cancer in mutual reception with the moon in Capricorn
would be less helpful. Even though these planets exchange the signs of their domiciles, both appear in the signs of their detriment."
note that Saturn in Cancer and Moon in Capricorn are in aspect

Julian

Banned
You must erase this, it defeats your argument. Quickly!

No. They're in each other's sign of exaltation. It's also a valid form of mutual reception.

"Mutual reception is not limited to exchange of the signs of dignity of rulership. Ancient and medieval astrologers gave equal force to mutuality obtained by planets being in each other's signs of exaltation—for example, Jupiter in Taurus in a chart where the Moon is in Cancer. Jupiter is exalted in the sign of Cancer; Moon is exalted in the sign of Taurus"

JUPITERASC

No. They're in each other's sign of exaltation.
i.e. not in each other's signs of domicile
It's also a valid form of mutual reception.

"Mutual reception is not limited to exchange of the signs of dignity of rulership.
Ancient and medieval astrologers gave equal force to mutuality obtained by planets being in each other's signs of exaltation
—for example, Jupiter in Taurus in a chart where the Moon is in Cancer. Jupiter is exalted in the sign of Cancer; Moon is exalted in the sign of Taurus"
notice that Jupiter in Taurus is in aspect with Moon in Cancer :smile: