Mercury Uranus Natal Aspects - Quick Reactions

anjelik

Mercury Uranus folks tend to receive information quickly and are able to act on it quickly.

I have the opposition. I have known others with the aspect in variety of the combos. I've noted that this aspect provides quick reactions, reflexes and ability to catch things quickly - literally or figuratively.

I'm one of those folks who can catch flying objects that come out of the blue - something dropped but caught quickly - one handed left hand catches of something flying at me unexpectedly.

I've seen this in other's charts too - missing a step on a stair and being able to compensate without falling.

It's not just physical though - the quickest thinkers tend to have this aspect too. People who are great with comebacks or rebuttals in a milisecond.

Anyone else with these aspects who'd like to offer their thoughts?

My husband has a trine and he immediately reacts to things before he has all of the facts. Sometimes he will hear snippets of a conversation and he will react before fully processing. I have told him that he is an act before thinking person at his worst. At his best, he is witty and quite entertaining. He can certainly think quickly on his feet!

Kitchy

Banned
My husband has a trine and he immediately reacts to things before he has all of the facts. Sometimes he will hear snippets of a conversation and he will react before fully processing. I have told him that he is an act before thinking person at his worst. At his best, he is witty and quite entertaining. He can certainly think quickly on his feet!

Some might say that the Merc-Uranus actually does have the facts - they just can't explain how they got them before everyone else did.

:wink:

anjelik

Some might say that the Merc-Uranus actually does have the facts - they just can't explain how they got them before everyone else did.

:wink:

Do you think that has more to do with which sign they are in? For example, my husband has his Mercury in Pisces and Uranus in Scorpio. I think he reacts based off of a gut feeling or intuition to certain situations. But if someone had the same aspect in earth or air, do you think it would be the same? I would imagine someone with fire/fire would obviously react quite quickly.. and passionately to things!

Kitchy

Banned
Do you think that has more to do with which sign they are in? For example, my husband has his Mercury in Pisces and Uranus in Scorpio. I think he reacts based off of a gut feeling or intuition to certain situations. But if someone had the same aspect in earth or air, do you think it would be the same? I would imagine someone with fire/fire would obviously react quite quickly.. and passionately to things!

Do you think that has more to do with which sign they are in?

No and yes. Primarily, Merc Uranus gets sudden zap / impulse/ Insight, call it what you will, with no uneasy feeling attached. Feeling is not this combo's strong point by itself as an aspect alone, which is what I'm addressing. Antennae receiving random information that others might not.

Intuition is more internal I believe gut feelings, such. Much more watery sensing. Usually there is some overtaking of thoughts by those gut feelings.

I see the two different in that one has no emotion attached but the other does.

Robert Blaschke shared that part of my Merc - Uranus opp in a reading when I told him I was good at knowing things before they happened. He pointed out the difference comparing that, to my pisces Chiron/S Node conjunction.

Merc and Uranus together as planets, in any sign, are both fast and quick, sudden and precise when they work together. They generally are ones who cut to the chase in conversations.

waybread

I have Mercury and Uranus in mutual reception, both in air signs.

I have poor manual dexterity but realisations can come to me in a kind of lightning flash. Instead of reasoning a, b, c, d, ....n; it's sort of like going a, b, n.

Abby83

Hmmm.... Interesting because I have mercury sextile Uranus and im slow in thinking, slow in reading, and slow in movement. However, I appear as though I am fast because I rush a lot and I am very restless and fidgety and frustrated and impulsive.

anjelik

I guess I was questioning whether signs have anything to do with it because I think a Pisces Mercury isn't the best at navigating through what is fact and what they think is fact. So while my husband may have intuition, it is not always RIGHT. So I was thinking that maybe if this aspect was in an Air sign (dignity/exalted) that it would play out differently. But waybread has said otherwise for herself.

anjelik

Hmmm.... Interesting because I have mercury sextile Uranus and im slow in thinking, slow in reading, and slow in movement. However, I appear as though I am fast because I rush a lot and I am very restless and fidgety and frustrated and impulsive.

Haha I process things a million miles per minute - quick in movement, very faster reader, faster speaker. My Mercury trines Saturn, so you would think it would be the opposite. But it is in Air, so there's the quickness. Is your Mercury in earth?

Abby83

Haha I process things a million miles per minute - quick in movement, very faster reader, faster speaker. My Mercury trines Saturn, so you would think it would be the opposite. But it is in Air, so there's the quickness. Is your Mercury in earth?

Yeah well this is what's baffled me for such a long time. I often wonder if im too fast that I have to reread the sentence or if it's more a problem with me absorbing the information. I mean I can read faster if I read out loud, but if I read inside my head I can do it half the speed of others and my mind wanders off. For some reason I need the volume but would prefer ppl to talk to me. that's the best way I learn. My mum's the same. I will say though that I talk a million words per second, yes. I can never get the words out fast enough. My mercury is in libra and Uranus in sag.

Last edited:

Kitchy

Banned

Abby, with that aspect, you probably only think you're slow moving, slow thinking because your Merc Uranus is running the show? Do you consider yourself clumsy?

Regarding the Pisces influence, imagine Merc & Uranus moving together through a Neptunian fog.

Anjelik, the exaltation makes me biased on this subject. I have Merc Aquarius opp Uranus Leo and Sun Aquarius.

Last edited:

Abby83

Abby, with that aspect, you probably only think you're slow moving, slow thinking because your Merc Uranus is running the show? Do you consider yourself clumsy?

Regarding the Pisces influence, imagine Merc & Uranus moving together through a Neptunian fog.

Anjelik, the exaltation makes me biased on this subject. I have Merc Aquarius opp Uranus Leo and Sun Aquarius.

No I actually am slower than others with walking, cooking in class, and I'm usually the slowest reader in the class. I skip words and then have to go back and read it very slowly which takes forever. I would rather skip to the chase. I am very clumsy and accident prone but id say its the mars square Uranus in my chart that causes that.

anjelik

See, I don't have any Uranus/Mercury connections but I'm very mentally nimble. I am a quick reader, I process things quickly and I even have quick hands. There have been two instances in the last week where something was falling or blowing in the wind and I caught it with one hand. I have very good hand/eye coordination.

With all of that being said. I struggle with more complex things - so math and astrology are challenging for me. In terms of astrology the mathmatical portions of it is very challenging for me to grasp, which is why I know I will never be a professional. But I do understand how it all works. I just will never be able to delve deep as others who can see
midpoints, etc. I really do struggle there and get very lost.

Last edited:

Kuntuzangmo

I have Uranus/leo in 1st square merc/mars conjunction in Scorp 4th (with Juno sitting midpoint between merc/mars).
I very much agree with the quick of thought/reflexes etc...
With the square and merc/mars I have to watch my sharp tongue, but also find good outlets in many activities and creative endeavors.
The juno more problematic...never married.

Abby83

Hi Kitchy -

I was just thinking about why I'm such a slow reader and realised my 3rd house ruler is in the 12th house (cadent, slow). I think this is why.

AppLeo

Hi Kitchy -

I was just thinking about why I'm such a slow reader and realised my 3rd house ruler is in the 12th house (cadent, slow). I think this is why.

How does a cadent house have anything to do with being slow?? I've never heard that before.

Abby83

How does a cadent house have anything to do with being slow?? I've never heard that before.

Angular houses/cardinal signs are fast. Succedent houses/ mutable signs are medium speed. Cadent houses/fixed signs are the slowest. This can be used in timing for horary, but also in progressed chart. Eg: one might look at a progressed mars in progressed 10th house which would mean the person is quite mobile/ moves about a lot, active, good for weight loss.

CapAquaPis

Uranus in Scorpio (5th), Mercury in Pisces (9th) for my Aquarius Sun/Moon self. What does this mean in my natal chart? Other than it means I'm kinda weird (and proud of it). :tongue:

Kitchy

Banned
Hi Kitchy -

Good point to notice, Abby - mine are in angular 1/7 houses. One of my ex'es long ago used to joke that I was "flash gordon" when I did housework. What took him 4 hours to do, I could do in 2 hours. I told him I hated doing housework and wanted to get it over with.

As for the slow reading - I wonder if either of the planets are retro?