progressed chart city

kirlie

When drawing a progressed chart is it best to use the birth city or the current city? I'm noticing it really makes a difference for me with angles.

BobZemco

When drawing a progressed chart is it best to use the birth city or the current city? I'm noticing it really makes a difference for me with angles.

Progressions are inherently related to the natal chart, and you should always use your natal birth place.

For transits, you can use your actual location.

Solar, Lunar and Planetary Returns are nothing more than frozen transits. For Solar and Planetary Returns, you should use your natal birth place, unless you have permanently relocated.

Lunar Returns should always be done for location, and if you have more than 30 years, all Returns should be corrected for precession (since there will be an increasing difference between the tropical and sidereal zodiacs as you get older).

I don't read progressed charts as stand alones, but on outside of natal as this will always be your blueprint. Relocated charts are viable, just change the 'place' Lat & Long for new city location. If you are new to astrology, focus on natal first

Have you tried the astrocartography on astro.com, go to free horoscopes, then look to right. Astrocartography works and there is forum on AW that covers this and on astro.com on interactive, travel they offer astrocartography/world maps, which has its place and explains which planets rules lat and long where you relocate to and how this will affect you in this location. It is my personal opinion that relocated ‘birth charts’ don’t work, there are plenty of other techniques available.

Have just realised where the confusion may be on astro.com to get a solar return for a new location, you have to find the option to use a relocated chart, which does mean changing location from where natally you were born to where you are living now. This is just so you can get a relocated solar return only.....

Relocated birth charts are more or less astrocartography, whereby all your natal planets are stretched out over the globe and uses lat and long to discover best place to live. Apparently relocated birth charts does something similar (but not as widely used or known as astrocartography) whereby especially over the Angles could bring a planet out of 12, 3 6 or 9th to become much more active

There is a 'plethora' of information on AW, espec in the 'stickys' at the top of every forum, our Education forum and Recommendations forum to. Plus we have a good search feature,[but not foolproof obviously, so try here first] bit like google using keywords – initially select advanced and try just selecting 'titles' rather than posts or you'll get too many threads. If this doesn’t get results then try google

What Astrology Can and Can Not Do
http://www.ofspirit.com/susanmiller1.htm
http://www.cafeastrology.com/articles/whatastrologycandoforyou.html

kirlie

Thanks for the help. I was trying to do a tri-wheel with a natal, transit, and progressed chart on Solarfire and Kepler. I was curious about how all three charts would look together. Both of them gave me different angle placements on the progressed chart from what Astro.com gave. Once I changed the city to the birth city, the ASC at least got much closer. Unfortunately the MC/IC was still off by a few degrees. It wouldn't be that big of deal, except that Astro.com gives my progressed MC at 0 degree Aries with Uranus/Jupiter conjunct. But then when I tried doing the tri-wheel in the two software programs it gave my progressed MC at about 26ish Pisces even with using my birth city. I'll have to just play with them. Maybe I have something setup wrong.

edit: oh, and I know that astro.com has a chart that can include all three. But they don't have houses included on them and the tri-wheel is easier for me to look at.

edit: oh, and I know that astro.com has a chart that can include all three. But they don't have houses included on them and the tri-wheel is easier for me to look at.
Of course astro does////

The most important will *always* be natal houses

kirlie

http://www.astrologyweekly.com/forum/showthread.php?t=24043

In extended chart selection chose, natal, progressed and transits. If you do natal and progressed you can add transits when viewing the chart just above wheel it says [transits]

Thanks for trying, but that doesn't give me a tri-wheel or even a bi-wheel with the transits on the outside (which would work also). What I would like to do is see a chart that has progressions->transits->natal. I can do this with software and it helps me see how they all kind of fit together. The problem is that the MC comes up differently for the progressions with different software. When I look at astro.com I can see all of them together, but when the progressions are mixed in with the transits it gets confusing.

dr. farr

In my opinion (and experience) I have had best results when using Solar Returns (or, in astro-therapeutic work, monthly birth-day "returns") by calculating for the current city/location; when I use progression or profection, at least the way I use it the current location of the subject makes not difference (I use either Pauline profection or simple symbolic progression of 1 degree forward in the wheel-the natal wheel for humans or pets-for every year of life; when progressing the Life Point, which has yielded important information in my application of it, the current location of the subject also makes no difference relative to the calculations)

Thanks for trying, but that doesn't give me a tri-wheel or even a bi-wheel with the transits on the outside (which would work also). What I would like to do is see a chart that has progressions->transits->natal. I can do this with software and it helps me see how they all kind of fit together. The problem is that the MC comes up differently for the progressions with different software. When I look at astro.com I can see all of them together, but when the progressions are mixed in with the transits it gets confusing.

I beg to differ, it DOES give you a tri wheel. Progressions come up as GREEN planets on the outside and transits as RED.

If it's too confusing, do them separately ie: natal with transits and natal with progressions. The progressed MC on astro will come on as green if doing a tri wheel. Stick to astro as this is the MOST accurate FREE software available.. :biggrin:

[deleted possibly attacking comment - Moderator]

Last edited by a moderator: