Struggling with my path choice (education and career)

Blackbird

Hello, fellow astrology lovers.

I feel as though I am hanging on in a limbo, career choice wise, and it is starting to get on my nerves, this indecision sort of "block" that prevents me from moving forward in life, with my higher education process. I am already 24 years old, but keep swaying back and forth between studying psychology at uni and studying photography and media art in the Arts Academy (I've done both, but didn't graduate from any yet, and have to return soon). The paradox is I am attracted to both, but obviously, it is not possible to study simultaneously at two, but I feel it's time to finally make that decision and stick with it, get a degree... Wondered if, perhaps, astrology could help somewhat insight-wise, though I am aware that I am "gifted" with a somewhat tricky Gemini Midheaven position, as well as some other aspects.

Please share your thoughts and insights, as to whether there is anything more favorable than the other... Career choice and education wise...

Attachments

• blo.jpg
    blo.jpg
    53.5 KB · Views: 19

hypatia

With Pluto in such a strong position on your IC, there's one strong point towards psychology.
Another pointer for psychology is that your Midheaven is in Gemini (even though it is very close to the cusp, it is still in Gemini), and you would be happier within yourself to be able to use your intellect in your career.

Although with Venus trine your Midheaven, there's something for an appreciation of beautiful things.
This doesn't mean that you need to work in photography however, I'd more say that you could use your photography skills to ensure that your psychology office is beautifully and artistically presented.

Blackbird

With Pluto in such a strong position on your IC, there's one strong point towards psychology.
Another pointer for psychology is that your Midheaven is in Gemini (even though it is very close to the cusp, it is still in Gemini), and you would be happier within yourself to be able to use your intellect in your career.

Although with Venus trine your Midheaven, there's something for an appreciation of beautiful things.
This doesn't mean that you need to work in photography however, I'd more say that you could use your photography skills to ensure that your psychology office is beautifully and artistically presented.

Thank you for answering. I've always felt the push towards the intellectual - especially the more complicated, perhaps even shadowier topics, as well as the philosophical, I read a lot too on these subjects to satisfy my curiosity. I also dread small talk.

But I am also aware of "having an eye" for aesthetics,as I have been recognized for my works of photography, as well as singing ability.
The technicality of psychology studies frightens me a bit, but I see aquiring the bachelors degree as some sort of a bridge to focus and study later on in depth such things as Jungian psychology and psychoanalysis in general... Also a sort of a cobfidence boost for myself to prove I could actually achieve it... It is a long road.

Last edited:

hypatia

It will be interesting to see what you decide to do.

I agree, achieving a Degree (or anything that you work hard for) does boost your confidence, and can be worth striving for.