Your Atmakaraka

preeshuu

so we shall learn it as --- natural malefics would not be that malefic if placed in 6/8/12 house -

as said --- that saturn occupying uppachyas is a good placement :smile:

dr. farr

really???????? so if sun is in 12th house in leo, it would not act as malefic even if it is functional malefic for the native?

If the totality of indications for the Sun make it a functional malefic for the native BUT it is exalted in Leo, then its influences in the 12th house would be modified so as to lessen its negative intensity; say the totality of indications of the Sun for the native are about even (+ and -), but the Sun is in exaltation in Leo in the 12th house, then the Sun would act BENEFICALLY regarding 12th house matters/affinities, in that specific chart, for that native.

Anachiel

So, remedy it gosh darnit:sideways:! Supplement the Moon, remove its negative dynamic natal imprint on your energy field, and then you rule it rather than it you!!

I'd like to hear more about how to do this. I understand the remedies but what about the "remove its negative dynamic imprint on your energy field"?

dr. farr

Along with some others, I believe that this is how astro-remedies work, that is, they work by modifying (via resonance most probably) the disruptive imprint upon the subtle energy field, made at the time of birth by the operative astrological influences upon the nascent subtle energy field of the infant, this imprint making the subject unusually susceptible (from then on) to either the constructive/benefic influences of the impressing planet (or star or sign) OR to the disruptive/malefic influences of the impressing operative cause (ie, planet, etc)...

Zonark

the main problem is that everyone is desperate to become an astrologer..

Haha not at all, that would be the last career I would choose, I enjoy the knowledge I glean from it. Like being able to cook for myself but certainly not wanting to be a chef :wink:

Zonark

My Atmakaraka is Mars in Aries I think. It is at 29 degrees Aries in the jyotish zodiac. No other planet is in a degree that high.

PD187540

My Atmakaraka is Mars in Aries I think. It is at 29 degrees Aries in the jyotish zodiac. No other planet is in a degree that high.

Mine is the Moon in my Western chart, but Mercury in my Vedic chart. When I think back on my life, I was always heavily involved with studying, and I was the best in any class that I took. Now that I'm looking to explore law as a new career field, I think Mercury would serve me even better here than in health care.

Perhaps I would be great at studying law, writing legislation, and public speaking. Hmmm, this could be a great asset to me if I were to become a lawyer. When I move to my new location in a couple of months, Mercury is placed in my 10th House there conjunct the MC....literally making my Atmakaraka operate in my career and bringing it before the public.

Moog

PD, I saw two charts for you, one with the Moon in Aries, and one with the Moon in Taurus! Confusion ensues...

Last edited:

PD187540

PD, I saw two charts for you, one with the Moon in Aries, and one with the Moon in Taurus! Confusion ensues...

Really? How did you find my Moon to be in Taurus? I've only seen that it comes up in Aries, 29 degrees 47 minutes. My moon is in Aries for both Western and Vedic astrology.

sylph

dr. farr, you mentioned the karakamsa back in 2013 and this is something I've been looking at recently. In your opinion, how does the karakamsa really manifest in the life of the native? Excluding Rahu from my calculations, I have sidereal Venus atmakaraka & Venus in Leo in navamsa. I find it interesting because I have Leo karakamsa using the tropical zodiac as well (Mercury AK + Mercury in Leo in navamsa). This is an energy that I definitely want to tap into more, but so far it doesn't seem to have any relation to the path I am on in life.

Is it correct to assume that other factors in the rasi and navamsa charts will affect the karakamsa's ability to manifest, or the way and time that it manifests? Are there dasa and transit 'triggers' that might turn it off and on?

Last edited:

sylph

dr. farr, you mentioned the karakamsa back in 2013 and this is something I've been looking at recently. In your opinion, how does the karakamsa really manifest in the life of the native? Excluding Rahu from my calculations, I have sidereal Venus atmakaraka & Venus in Leo in navamsa. I find it interesting because I have Leo karakamsa using the tropical zodiac as well (Mercury AK + Mercury in Leo in navamsa). This is an energy that I definitely want to tap into more, but so far it doesn't seem to have any relation to the path I am on in life.

Is it correct to assume that other factors in the rasi and navamsa charts will affect the karakamsa's ability to manifest, or the way and time that it manifests? Are there dasa and transit 'triggers' that might turn it off and on?

Additionally, my Venus is debilitated in Virgo in the sidereal rasi. Although it's in the 1st house. Is there anything that can be said about the AK being debilitated?