Possible Anxiety Problems shown in a Natal Chart

waybread

Saturn rules Capricorn-- and fear.

If Saturn is in a hard aspect to another planet, I think the fear is more likely to surface than if it's in a happy trine or sextile. The moon rules your subconscious.

theoddone

I have my vertex in my 8th house in addition to Jupiter. Don't know if either of them have anything to do with my fear. And Waybread, I thought Pluto ruled fear not Saturn.

On a related note, I did find out in one of my therapy sessions that my death fear relates to a fear of the unknown. Not sure if that comes from the Saturn energy on my natal chart.

Lin

Would you please post your chart?

there are many ways the planets can produce anxiety and stress symptoms. Sometimes it's emotional, sometimes it's physical. We can't know without looking at the chart.
OR....if you don't want to show your chart please post your birth data (date, time, place) & those of us interested enough can make a chart & answer you more specifically.
Also, "social phobia" can come from different sources than "free floating" anxiety.

So...important to see the chart.
LIN

theoddone

Nothing squares my ascendant but Pluto squares my Aquarius north node and by default my Leo south node, both of which are tightly conjunct the MC/IC axis. SN in the 10th house, NN in the 4th.

My Chiron is in the 9th house. :)

theoddone

Would you please post your chart?

there are many ways the planets can produce anxiety and stress symptoms. Sometimes it's emotional, sometimes it's physical. We can't know without looking at the chart.
OR....if you don't want to show your chart please post your birth data (date, time, place) & those of us interested enough can make a chart & answer you more specifically.
Also, "social phobia" can come from different sources than "free floating" anxiety.

So...important to see the chart.
LIN

Unfortunately I can't post my chart at the moment because I'm on my phone and my laptop is out of commission for a while. :/

StillOne

Unfortunately I can't post my chart at the moment because I'm on my phone and my laptop is out of commission for a while. :/

I'd reconsider, especially since LIN has offered to look at your chart. I know others who have posted charts using only their phones.

theoddone

Turns out I can do all of this from my Fire Kindle. My apologies.

Attachments

• astro_w2gw_01_theoddone.4434.4367.gif
    astro_w2gw_01_theoddone.4434.4367.gif
    47.6 KB · Views: 49

ASTRO GIRL

HI EVERYBODY! :smile:

I think whether or not we choose our natal chart is part of the mystery with which we come into this life. It’s part of the mission to be revealed. I believe that if we understand well our sign, and value it as a guide, we will learn a lot from our fears, our tendencies, and our relationships. We will go deeper into our self-knowledge. That’s where everything starts!

Don’t you think?

WITH LOVE, ASTRO GIRL. :alien:

Emc310

Turns out I can do all of this from my Fire Kindle. My apologies.

I actually have similar placements to u. Sun in Capricorn conjunct Mercury ,Uranus,Neptune in the 3rs house I have moon in cancer conjunct mars in the 9th house and I have Saturn in Aquarius in 4 and Venus says 5 degree Pisces in 4th I have a Scorpio rising. I also feel like I have anxiety when it comes to being around ppl and meeting them. And I also think it's because I overthink everything and am always wondering what other ppl are thinking about me.

Abby83

All I can say is my mil has high anxiety and she has t square involving mercury, Pluto and moon, all in cardinal houses.

AppLeo

I think anxiety occurs when:

There's prominent aspects between Saturn or Uranus
Personal planets in Virgo, Capricorn
Ascendant in Virgo, or Capricorn
Afflicted Mercury, or Moon

splindsay

I've suffered from Panic Attacks in the past - I have Sun (18* Aries) square Uranus (17* Capricorn)
I've always thought my sun square uranus was to blame for that. I know Saturn is ruler over responsiblity, caution, depression, hard work... however anxiety - I relate that to uranus. It feels more like a Uranus vibration.

I also have had unexplainable social anxiety (which is funny- because I'm extremely outgoing but can be strickened with anxiety in social groups) and I blame my Uranus in the 11th house for that. It's a funny experience. I also have very strong sextiles and trines to Saturn, so it oddly balances me out. I've suffered from Panic issues, sometimes even social anxiety but am grounded through it. I know it will pass...

Purple9

Nice thread...I am biased though :) To add my 2 cents here.
I have suffered and been treated with severe Generalized Anxiety Disorder for 12 years. I have also studied psychology.

There is no single indicator in any chart I have looked at that shows anxiety disorder because there is no single cause but a combination of organic dysfunction and external influences + coping mechanism state. Schizophrenia for example would be a different story and I would expect involvement of harsh set-up within 1st house with 12th and weakness in 6th. Genetic predisposition can likely also be traced to either the maternal or paternal line. I have not yet bothered with it but will do eventually.

Anxiety tends to focus on various fields. Examples:

Generally, Social anxiety/agoraphobia will be seen from tendency towards self-confinement (obviously focus on 12th, Perhaps afflicted Moon or notable placements in 2nd/4th, notable placements in 4th). This is again different to generalized anxiety.

Health anxiety tendency should be seen from at least one poor Virgo placement.

Mercury will show basic coping skills and ability to come to grips with other mechanisms as well as tendency to go overboard mentally and is in my opinion the most important planet to look at for anxiety issues.

Outer planets will point to areas where triggers lie. Uranus applying negatively tends to cause a general unease with unpredictability of life and I have seen it as a trigger in quite a few charts so far.

Further if Pluto is afflicted it will show a sense of powerlessness and fear of losing control. Very common sensation for most anxiety sufferers.

Neptune contacts will indicate whether or not the person is likely to opt for or accept medication and how smoothly treatment would flow. Neptune trine the activating planet/s will generally indicate easy treatment and likelihood of positive outcomes.

Unhelpful Neptune contacts (or prior to engaging with or channelling Neptune energy at start of condition) may add a dimension of derealisation/depersonalization to the anxiety response that is another common complaint of patients/manifestations of the condition as it advances and the system starts to reach breaking-point. What we call a mental collapse/breakdown is usually an overdose of Neptune energy spacing us out as a protective internal mechanism. Poor Lunar placement can turn this into an emotional breakdown or neuropathies for example (excessive crying, tormenting dreams, etc)

It is very complex. It is a several-fold reaction that triggers adrenal over-response and therefore anxiety is just a manifestation of various tensions that usually involve a large portion of the chart and are not localized. When they are localized they are more likely to manifest as sporadic panic episodes or perhaps phobias. Further, anxiety tends to progress and may also offshoot in several directions including social imbalances, agoraphobia, OCD (coping mechanism actually not a disease as such), transient psychotic episodes (NOT schizophrenia) and so on. Untreated anxiety quickly overtakes various energy fields. Breaking up the issues into small digestible pieces can be helpful for someone actively seeking to address various outcomes of their mental tension.

Sending love to anyone looking to come to grips with their anxiety or depressive disorders.

Last edited: