Astrologers' Community  

Go Back   Astrologers' Community > General Astrology > Horary Astrology

Horary Astrology Ask and answer any horary questions, and discuss theory and technique. Please post a chart of the time, date, and place you asked the question. Please do not ask the same question repeatedly, hoping for a different result: horary works best when you ask the question ONCE and then interpret the chart that results from when the question FIRST came into your mind. Horary forums are ONLY for discussion of horary charts and techniques.

Unread 03-15-2014, 05:51 PM

Will England win the 6 nations rugby?

I posted a question on about this on the sports forum but it occurred to me that it might be quicker just to ask a horary.

So here is the question - Will England win the 6 nations? The question is asked at the time England have just won their match against Italy but they have to wait for the outcome of Ireland's game against France in Paris. If Ireland win they will win the championship since they have more points but if Ireland lose or draw England will win.

The chart is below.

I think, against all the odds England might win, since their first opponent could be seen as Italy 7th house and Ireland could be their next opponent 9th house (sister of the 1st opponent), and both those significators are retrograde.

& no it's not because I'm putting any money on it
Attached Images
File Type: gif astro_w2gw_921_willenglandwinthe6nations.60141.31348.gif (51.3 KB, 13 views)

Unread 03-15-2014, 06:24 PM

Re: Will England win the 6 nations rugby?

It seems I am having a conversation with myself here maybe because no one else cares about the outcome of the game but anyway, while I am processing this chart to myself, in public, perhaps England will win, if the significator of England is the sun, and Ireland is the opponent signified by saturn then saturn is retrograde and trine the sun - maybe Ireland will lose and this will mean England will win

Or does the chart represent the game they had just won against Italy at this point in time?

Or am I looking at completely the wrong significators?

I am English, I want them to win, but do I need to put myself into this chart and then use significators for my team and the other team?
Unread 03-15-2014, 06:32 PM

Or is it another example of me not having enough of a stake in the outcome to be able to get an answer by horary? (perhaps I should have put some money on after all )
Unread 03-15-2014, 07:25 PM

OK, just 30 minutes left to know...

I'm thinking that perhaps I am in this chart. I am the sun, the ascendant being leo, in the second decan of sagitarrius (outdoor sports, especially international sports). My home country is signified by the 4th, which is ruled by mars... I'm not sure which house I should use for my team - 5th or 9th? If it's 5th then it's Jupiter, but if it's 9th (as would seem to be suggested - outdoor sport, international as mentioned before re ascendant) then it's mars again, which is weak since it is in detriment in libra and retrograde, so insufficient power to influence the outcome of this competition, and likely to be defeated...

I'll let you know what happens.
Unread 03-15-2014, 07:56 PM

Ach, well, we lost (or rather Ireland won)

If anyone is interested to know, for the purpose of learning, I just found out that the Irish captain's date of birth is October 20th 1979 - mars is transiting conjunct his sun.
Unread 03-16-2014, 01:37 AM

Still commenting to myself about my own chart... but I just noticed this evening that it is considered a 'stricture against judgement' when aquarius or capricorn are on the 7th house cusp or saturn is in the 7th, because this means the astrologer (7th) will either not be able to interpret the chart or will only belatedly realise what it means. Kind of true in this case.
Unread 03-16-2014, 01:39 AM

& maybe Ireland were the true opponent, as signified by the 7th, and saturn the ruler of the 7th is trine the sun which signifies triumph and glory.
Unread 03-16-2014, 04:15 AM

In many experiments I have found horary regarding the outcome of sports contests to yield an accuracy rate no better than chance; unless one is part of the team, or has some other direct connection with the team or a player on the team, there is not enough of a personal connection involved to make the divination (horary or any other kind) all that valid.
An EVENT chart, though, is quite another matter, and, from my extensive experiments in this area, has proven to be the "way to go" to estimate more accurate outcomes...

Tags
england, nations, rugby