I failed in my studies so far,what caused the failures?

Fireboy

studies.jpg
Hello,
To give some details,i always was a bad student,i never liked studying at all(can you see that in my chart?),i went to a professional training institute for two years but i never finished and got the degree from there,we paid a lot of money so far for my own studies, however i got stuck and finally retired or give it up everytime in the middle of the road.:pouty:

What really caused the failures in my studies?ty

Last edited:

Zarathu

Account Closed
Usually the reason for failure in studies, when you said that you didn't like to study, is that you didn't study. If you didn't study then you will get bad grades. Its pretty simple. You don't need astrology to determine why you do badly in school. You answered your own question.

When I was in undergrad school, I did rather poorly. I might have asked the same question of astrology. When I got to graduate school, I knew that I needed the degree to get a real job compared to the dead end one I was in after 4 years of little study. I studied my rear side off. I got great grades.

Quite honestly its all about studying. Its not about astrology.

RosieOne

You said it, Zarathu.

Fireboy:

Planets and horoscopes don't make us do anything. Astrology is like a weather report. Knowing the weather can help us work with nature and do much better in life, but we have to do the work. Blaming a storm for getting wet is lame.

mahaira

I agree with Zarathu and RosieOne. There’s no justification. We fail the studies when we don’t work. Period.

However, the first thing I noticed about your chart is that you had no major oppositions, only squares. This often shows that a person is likely to trim the sails and ride the waves. He avoids anything that he considers to be pressure, unwanted obligations and taking responsibility. Usually, such a person will find a way out and more often than not it’ll be on someone else’s back. Not that it’ll make him happy in the end. I’m not saying that it is entirely your case. But as you said, your parents paid a great deal of money for that school.

One of the aspects that can result in laziness, if we don’t work hard to deal with it, is Sun square Neptune. It blurs the picture and a person can’t clearly see himself, others or tasks that must be performed. Not to mention its push towards all sorts of escapism (TV, books, video games, drugs, alcohol…). This is accentuated as the Sun is placed in your 1st house. Another aspect that works in the favour of such a negative spent of energy is Neptune square Mercury, because Mercury rules your ascendant – Virgo and it is the planet of communication, school etc. This aspect can affect your speech, make you less clear to others and it gives vivid imagination, but also blurs the reality.

What’s the cure for this problem? The thing you lack is self-discipline. Try small steps. Make lists of tasks you must perform. Be sure that you clearly understand what you must learn, write or do. Always set deadlines and stick to them. Be realistic. Don’t ask the impossible. Set attainable goals. Always have a calendar before your eyes.

If you haven’t got any learning disorders, even in a borderline form, just by being aware of your wrong patterns can be motivating enough to start changing them. It’s not enough to know that you’re lazy; you have to understand how this works and why so that you can help yourself. However, if you feel that you may have learning difficulties consult your doctor and find help.

I would also like to point out that the choice of your studies can contribute to the problem. Not that I justify your irresponsibility. The ruler of the 9th house, Mars, is placed in the 5th. You should ask yourself if you have any interests in art or anything creative. However, be ware that such professions ask even higher levels of discipline, the very thing you lack, because no one will push you to write, paint or perform; you have to be your own motivator.

Don’t lose hope. You’re very young and you have time to work on your weaknesses and find your strengths. I couldn’t help noticing your country of origin. It’s going through a rough period. No matter how difficult the economical situation can get, it’ll pass. Concentrate on creating a new disciplined structure for your mind and the results will come. Don’t run from hard work and responsibility. Embrace them. Do something that you don’t feel like doing every day. If you chose to continue with your old way, you’ll feel inadequate and unhappy.

Good luck!

StillOne

Not sure if it's been mentioned, but right away I noticed Mercury square Neptune. I think this can be distracting... especially if you're not interested.

Standard cookbook definition says:
You might have problems concentrating because your mind is often wandering. Your thinking is exceptionally imaginative, intuitive, and creative. Stretching the truth, whether done consciously or not (or a bit of both), is associated with this position. Bored with anything dull, routine, or lifeless, you often dramatize or connect higher meaning to ordinary events and situations. You are often vague in your communications, purposefully or not, as you resist being pinned down to any one opinion or stance. This is partly due to your ability to see so many different points of view and perspectives.
source: http://www.cafeastrology.com/natal/mercuryneptuneaspects.html
[edited quote over 100 words - Moderator]

Last edited by a moderator:

Zarathu

Account Closed
You also have Dark Moon Lilith conjunct your anti-vertex and the asteroid Urania in the 11th house of Hopes and wishes for the future.

This combination makes it difficult to focus on the future because things seem so sour even when they are not. And of course in Greece at the moment things are kind of sour. Normally Urania would grant an understanding of the big picture, but with a conjunction to DML, this tends to bring a distortion of reality and difficulties conceptualizing things.

You can work around it, but it requires lots of efforts in other ways. Mercury is a comparatively low friction planet in the 1st house. You must use it to develop an intense involvement in fairness in dealing with others. Always put yourself in the others place and ask yourself what is fair for them. This will give you the bonuses you need. Also your 9th house is also low friction, so education can be worthwhile and work for you, if you are sensitive to others and not demanding, as you can often be(as shown on this forum). But you need to find the areas of career that you can be best suited for. Apparently the course you are pursuing now is not really help for you.

You must learn to maximize your strong and low friction energies and stay away from using the powerful but high friction energies in planets, signs and houses.

You have a hard way to go, but there are always ways to make things work for you. The ones you are using now are not working. The energy of Mars is slightly friction producing for you, but this friction can be augmented by you going "off" because Mars is out of bounds by declination. Luckily your moon latitude is low or your temper could just get completely away from you and you could find yourself deep doo-doo very fast and in a constant state of wondering how you got there.

If you could throw away all the fears for not being successful, and they could be wiped away with a damp rag, what would you really like to be doing with yourself?

StillOne

If you could throw away all the fears for not being successful, and they could be wiped away with a damp rag, what would you really like to be doing with yourself?

This really is the essence. You have this one life. What do you want to do with it? Imagine yourself at the end of your life and look back... What do you want to have done?

mahaira

Hear, hear!

I should put this question everywhere, above my desk, bed, door, on the mirror…

princess valhalla

However, the first thing I noticed about your chart is that you had no major oppositions, only squares. This often shows that a person is likely to trim the sails and ride the waves. He avoids anything that he considers to be pressure, unwanted obligations and taking responsibility. Usually, such a person will find a way out and more often than not it’ll be on someone else’s back.

From my experience and from what I have read, trines are the lazy aspect and most likely to "trim the sails and ride the waves." Squares force people to work on the issue and causes a lot of tension/friction.

http://www.astrology-of-personality.com/AstrologicalAspects.html

mahaira

From my experience and from what I have read, trines are the lazy aspect and most likely to "trim the sails and ride the waves." Squares force people to work on the issue and causes a lot of tension/friction.

Thank you for pointing that out :)
I wanted to say that without oppositions, squares are sometimes not enough of a push. Oppositions hit us in a more direct way and make us face our problems faster. Squares too, once understood, can be points of growth. In my experience being aware of them is not as easy.

princess valhalla

For me, my squares (and I have a lot of them!) refuse to let me ignore them! Lol
My dispositors of my chart, mercury and jupiter square each other and are in mutual reception. They also are both detriment (mercury in Sag and Jupiter in Virgo!) I am brutally aware of this!

The bane of my existence!:pinched: lol

Fireboy

How do you see my psychological mood next months,i still feel dissapointment and antisocial.:annoyed:

Last edited:

IleneK

Premium Member
How do you see my psychological mood next months,i still feel dissapointment and antisocial.:annoyed:

Saturn has turned retrograde and will be on your natal Venus Pluto conjunction for the next several months. It will be at the exact degree if Venus until early next month and it will continue to activate the conjunction as it proceeds to station back to direct within one degree orb to natal Pluto in July.

Since Venus rules your 3rd and MC, I can see that you may remain uncommunicative, feeling restricted or experiencing obstacles. With Venus' applying trine to natal Jupiter [which is both in the 7th and rules it] this sense of obstruction may well carry over into relationships in general.

It would appear that now may be a time of learning important lessons, perhaps some of them not so easy, about how you engage in relationships with others and perhaps out in the world and workplace as well. With natal Pluto conjunct natal Venus in Scorpio, it may also be connected with issues of proper application power and control in these matters

Perhaps some things to consider...?

Last edited:

Fireboy

I understand,it wil continue the same difficult psychological ups and downs as i thought,obstacles to communicate with people around etc.

IleneK

Premium Member
I understand,it wil continue the same difficult psychological ups and downs as i thought,obstacles to communicate with people around etc.

Yes. It can be more than simply the same difficult ups and downs, though.

It poses the opportunity to better understand your inclination to control or be controlled, your inclination towards power or the abdication of such.

IleneK

Premium Member

I agree that trines are an easy flow of energy and not particularly motivational. But while it is true that the square may sometimes force people to work, I think Mahaira makes an astute observation, corroborated at least by my personal experience, that it may cause some to
... avoid...anything [considered ] to be pressure, unwanted obligations and taking responsibility. Usually, such a person will find a way out and more often than not it’ll be on someone else’s back.

It seems to me that Princess V's going right after what the square requires and Mahaira's avoiding pressure and responsibility are two sides of the same coin. Which response the native makes to the square is likely due to the condition and placement of the planets involved, as well as the overall tenor of the chart.

Last edited:

Edward

Would you be willing to tell us your field of study?

Study in general and learning capacity are signified by Mercury, as well by the 9th house of higher knowledge. However, each particular subject is ruled by its own planet. This is supposed to be a rough overview:

Saturn rules archaeology, geological or agricultural sciences, philosophy (together with Jupiter)

Jupiter shows jurisprudence and religious studies, likewise philosophy (together with Saturn)

Mars signifies chemistry, sports, engineering, also medicine, especially surgical

Sun rules political studies and biology ("science of life", also partly Lunar in nature)

Venus is the muse of arts and music

Mercury is an all-round talent (polymath) when it comes to studies. He can show various fields of studies, but most typically he shows computer sciences, journalism, anthropology ("the science that deals with humans"), likewise psychology i.e. behaviour of humans (especially with the Moon, when both are placed in human signs), linguistics and philology (especially with the Moon => talent in learning languages), literature studies (in case of poetry often with Venus), mathematical sciences or physics (especially with Mars), historical or classical studies (with Saturn)

Moon shows economical studies, gastronomy, meteorology and biology (together with the Sun)

The signs and houses the planets are placed in give further hints and modify our judgement.