Astrologers' Community  

Go Back   Astrologers' Community > Welcome! > Recommendations

Recommendations Looking for advice and suggestions on books, websites, programs, professionals, organizations, or anything else related to astrology? Ask and share your opinions here.

Unread 08-13-2010, 04:25 PM

Smile Re: Astrology Software

Hi there,

I recently purchased an Astrology software program calles Astro22 Astrology V7.5 from a Software company in England called " Ramara House Software". It cost me £145 sterling but is a wonderful program with lots of Interpretative texts and colour wheels.

Hope this helps.

Unread 10-23-2010, 10:01 AM

Re: Astrology Software

Is there good software to produce a "Daily Horoscope" for all 12 signs? I have a blog and want to provide them for my readers.
Unread 10-23-2010, 02:07 PM

Send a message via ICQ to arrex

Almagest is da best! You can do magic with it. Zet 8/9 geo/pro is good too, especially for the beginners, but it lacks the accuracy of Almagest.

Having proper proficiency in programming, you can compile simple scripts for specific purposes, using Michelsen ephemerides.

Last edited by arrex; 10-23-2010 at 02:09 PM.
Unread 11-26-2010, 01:32 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by arrex View Post
Almagest is da best! You can do magic with it. Zet 8/9 geo/pro is good too, especially for the beginners, but it lacks the accuracy of Almagest.

Having proper proficiency in programming, you can compile simple scripts for specific purposes, using Michelsen ephemerides.

Where can I get this? Almagest appears to be a newsletter of LSU or something...
Unread 12-15-2010, 02:46 AM

I have written 2 separate programs for astrologers. The first one is Timaeus which is a system tray application that shows the planetary hours / rising sign next to the PC clock and gives a chart display when double clicked. It is primarily for use in Horary and Electional astrology and uses traditional techniques.

The other program is Delphic Oracle which is a research program in the area of Hellenistic astrology. I worked closely with Robert Schmidt (Founder, Greek translator for Project Hindsight) for several years to make it as authentic as possible to the original tradition(s).

I've been running a 50% off x-mas sale for the past few days. The discount ends late on x-mas eve.
Unread 12-15-2010, 02:57 AM

I also recently finished the Terran Atlas with the Olson time zone database which is currently the largest atlas in the field. While this atlas is built into Delphic Oracle and Timaeus, there is also a stand alone version that you can use for your other software.

The Terran Atlas was just released on Nov 20 so I haven't written a Dll yet for other developers who would like to interface directly with the atlas but plans are in the works to do so. Contact me with your language details if you are interested.
Unread 12-17-2010, 12:18 PM

I tried to find good astrology software yesterday. I wanted a software which I could install on my Windows XP operating system.But I could not find it. Here I found that software. So I got good information here. Thanks for sharing such information with other members.
Unread 02-11-2011, 06:20 AM

Hi, I'm looking for recommendations on astrology software for Apple MAC. I don't mind paying for it, as long as it is worth it. Free would be nice too.

I specifically want to use it to keep track of transits if there is such software. It's a bit difficult to keep track of them...

many thanks
Unread 02-11-2011, 04:38 PM

Send a message via AIM to cjc

Check Matrix software. http://astrologysoftware.com/

Well respected; great customer support.
Unread 02-11-2011, 05:42 PM

1. IO edition Expensive
2. Timepassages Recommended
3. Kairon Incomplete Atlas ..bugg and difficult to use
4. Interpid Recommended
5. L'Astrologue

Unread 02-12-2011, 04:06 AM

Thank you very much, I'm busy looking into them... wish I could afford them all.
Unread 03-12-2011, 10:56 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kerrie View Post
I am after free chart rectification software... any ideas?
I spent many years searching and trying all types of rectification methods. I will do my best to find some time this weekend to give you my thoughts and experiences.

I would say that there's no really good rectification software to be had. The most important thing about rectification is knowing the planetary contacts that are needed, most rectification work is visual. A constant moving the hands of the clock of the horoscope so to speak to see what matches and what doesn't. Often when you find a good conjuction or opposition, parallel or contra-parallel, inconjunct, very rarely do I use sextile or trine, you only find that the other date that fitted nolonger fits.

The best method that has always worked for me is primary directions 4 minutes for a year, secondary progressions, one day for one year, after that sign and house ingress, and last but not least containment. And I am still a strong believer of the Pre-Natal Epoch, but I agree it needs research and work.

I print out all the tables, look at what type of contacts are being made, move the hands of time so to speak and see how many dates fit. One must however be wary of fitting times and dates, I have already posted about this elsewhere. In short not all events in our lives fit to the day when we are using rectification. Things can happen on day 1 and hit us emotionally a month later. Not all events sink in right away, or have an effect on us. That is why letting software do the work for us can be dangerous. What we find must be within the realm of reason, a birth time that falls 30 to 40 minutes away from the given time is something that we should be wary of.

Do the work yourself and you will have a good chance of finding the correct time.

Last edited by Cosmiccradle; 03-12-2011 at 11:32 AM.
Unread 06-04-2011, 03:08 PM

Windows & Mac - Astrology Moon Sign software
http://www.astrovera.com/lunar-moon-calendar.html
Unread 07-03-2011, 01:59 PM

Hi everyone,

i am searching a software for mundane astrology. Basically what i need is a function for searching constalation, like "Find every cardinal croos in between 1700-1800" or "Find Uranus 0Ar0 in tha between 1500-2000".

Anyone knows a software that could do that?
Unread 07-04-2011, 07:52 AM

I'm looking for a software as close as possible to the one of astro.com which creates nice looking maps, is there something like that?
Unread 08-03-2011, 07:26 PM

Location: Llanfairpwllgwyngyllgogerychwyrndrobwllllantysiliogogogoch, Wales

solar fire
Unread 08-03-2011, 07:40 PM

Astrolabe
Rumen Kolev's Placidus 5.1 and Placidus 6.0 with Porphyrius Magus
http://alabe.com/placidus.html
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=82p-D...eature=related Hippocrates Let food be your medicine: let medicine be your food. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cvz9uSK3zXo Rosencrantz & Guildenstern are Dead Tom Stoppard http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KchhSIVwMdY Every exit is an entrance to somewhere else. VETTIUS VALENS FREE http://www.csus.edu/indiv/r/rileymt/...s%20entire.pdf
Unread 08-25-2011, 07:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by fensi88 View Post
Just go to this site:

http://www.astrowin.org/
and download "AstroWin (free). Great programm! All caculation in one program!!
I get a hijack warning from Firefox when I try to go to the download page for AstroWin. Anyone else have this problem? I can disable the lock-out but don't want to if there's a security problem with the redirected site.
Unread 08-26-2011, 01:11 PM

I don't see that Janus was mentioned. It is a powerful and affordable program and even includes the ability to do astro-locality with some pretty great maps, if you are into that. Anyway, I think its a deal for all that is included with it.
Unread 08-27-2011, 01:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by eternalautumn View Post
I'd like to suggest Morinus. It's a free download, you just need Python and a few other things on your computer, but the programmer explains everything pretty well on the page. It seems best for more advanced astrologers, but I'm sure newbies could use it too, with a little background knowledge of course. No bugs that I have noticed. It has a lot of great features for medieval and traditional astrologers as well. The one thing that irritated me is that you cannot have orbs set to greater than 17 degrees. This was frustrating as I wanted to set the Sun's orb to 18. But, really not that big of a deal. Has anyone else ever used this?
Based on your suggestion, I downloaded it yesterday. It took a bit to figure out the Python stuff but it all works together seamlessly once it's installed. I did have one issue, though. I downloaded the Traditional program first since I'm moving in that direction now. Then I downloaded the Modern program with all the planets and asteroids and installed it in a different directory. I figured I'd use them independently. But when I created and saved "modern" charts in that program, I could only access them in the "traditional" program. I think it's because I wasn't paying close attention to the folder path they went to when I saved them, or perhaps the program isn't precise enough on the look-up. Also, I couldn't find a "print" function. Looks like you have to save them as images (".bmp" or ".jpg") and print them from the Windows picture folder.

Someone I know who is an experienced traditional astrologer says Morinus is "outstanding for a freebie." So far I fully agree.
Unread 08-27-2011, 01:25 PM

Send a message via Skype™ to hypnotiqu3

Not sure about good software for you but awesome profile pic!
Unread 09-07-2011, 10:06 AM

Freeware promo codes for iPhone application AstrologerXP:

http://itunes.apple.com/us/app/astro...4286?ls=1&mt=8

E-mail to mihuil@ngs.ru and receive it for free.
Unread 09-13-2011, 10:17 PM

Send a message via AIM to cjc

After many, many years using Matrix programs, I have to say you're mostly right. I've had great service from their staff... BUT, nothing but problems with their software. Their programs seem to need updated with every change in Windoze, and I used to be one of their biggest supporters..

I just gave up and stick to one or 2 functions as needed. At my stage of the game, not worth spending a ton on new software.
Unread 09-14-2011, 09:06 AM

Hey, great thread. I already had astrolog, but I got Starfisher from this thread, and it's really good, I like it a lot.

I'm trialling Janus which is very good, a lot more depth and features, I bet I've hardly tapped what can be done with it.

Is there a demo for Kepler/Sirius? I had a quick look but didn't find anything.
Unread 10-21-2011, 05:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by wadermaxx View Post
Various astrology software are there, which are best and are very helpful. Some of the astrology software are HOROSOFT Online Astrology Software, Horosoft™, Astrology Software, TRIPLE-S SOFWARE and many more.
I gave this one a try and read incredously. It's absolutely the opposite for me. The kicker was this statement on my natal:
Quote:
"You will not be happy in life."
What the heck? Did anyone else have a similiar exact opposite description? It's too weird...

Tags
astrology, interpretations, software, softwares