Astrologers' Community  

Go Back   Astrologers' Community > General Astrology > Modern Astrology

Modern Astrology For discussions on Modern Astrology only. (Note: Typically, modern astrology is defined as using techniques developed around the late 1800s by Theosophists. Specifically it relies on psychological, evolutionary, karmic, and non-western interpretation approaches and includes Neptune, Uranus and Pluto, and non-Ptolemaic aspects. The focus is more on psychological chart interpretation instead of prediction.)

Unread 04-07-2019, 07:38 PM

Re: Debate about exaltation of Pluto: Aries, Pisces or Leo?

Pluto concerns itself with power, Leo is naturally a power-hungry sign due to it being associated with the throne and royalty. I often feel like the things used to describe the negative traits of Scorpio such as vengefulness apply even more-so for Leos who have a sensitive pride. That with the fact that Leos are the kind of sign that will fight to the last breath for power and validation....

Unread 04-08-2019, 02:20 AM

According to the Ptolemaic familiarity chart, Venus is term of 19-20' (my Moon placement in Aquarius) and Mars is 25-26' (my sun in the same sign). This is a combination of lunar-feminine and solar-masculine, with the sun and Mars dom instead. I should have a term Jupiter for both degrees were in the 20' range.
Unread 04-09-2019, 04:13 AM

I read astrological information on the revised planetary ruler chart (called the New Millennial Astrology). The asteroid Eros could rule Aquarius and the rising sign/Ascendant node can rule Pisces. Personally, the traditional method works best in astrological composites, even though on my post in the thread's first page, I prefer Eris to co-rule Aquarius and Sedna may be too weak to co-rule Pisces. On this thread's title, the exaltation of Pluto makes perfect sense in Aries, because I don't see anything for Pluto to affect Leonians and Pisceans.
Unread 04-10-2019, 12:21 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CapAquaPis View Post
I read astrological information on the revised planetary ruler chart (called the New Millennial Astrology). The asteroid Eros could rule Aquarius and the rising sign/Ascendant node can rule Pisces. Personally, the traditional method works best in astrological composites, even though on my post in the thread's first page, I prefer Eris to co-rule Aquarius and Sedna may be too weak to co-rule Pisces. On this thread's title, the exaltation of Pluto makes perfect sense in Aries, because I don't see anything for Pluto to affect Leonians and Pisceans.
Pluto cannot function in Aries. Aries is a forgive and forget, quick action, head-first type of sign. It isn't as slow moving and calculated as a Leo.
Unread 04-10-2019, 02:16 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by The19thLaw View Post
Pluto cannot function in Aries. Aries is a forgive and forget, quick action, head-first type of sign. It isn't as slow moving and calculated as a Leo.
Pluto is too small compared to the other planets anyway, but it is an octave of Mars. The two planets go perfectly together as rulers of Scorpio, a sign of war, anger, negativity and death. I doubt Pluto will have anything to do with Leo.
Unread 04-11-2019, 11:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CapAquaPis View Post
Pluto is too small compared to the other planets anyway, but it is an octave of Mars. The two planets go perfectly together as rulers of Scorpio, a sign of war, anger, negativity and death. I doubt Pluto will have anything to do with Leo.
I don't associate Scorpio with war, that is more of the realm of Aries and Capricorn. Scorpio is more about secrecy. As for Leo, well a fixed fire sign has its anger and the sun scorches as much as it gives life. For me, Leo and Scorpio ruling Pluto would be the yin yang of the planet.

Scorpio being the secret side of power while Leo is more of the charismatic outward side of it.

Tags
aries, debate, exaltation, pisces, pluto