Astrologers' Community  

Go Back   Astrologers' Community > General Astrology > Modern Astrology

Modern Astrology For discussions on Modern Astrology only. (Note: Typically, modern astrology is defined as using techniques developed around the late 1800s by Theosophists. Specifically it relies on psychological, evolutionary, karmic, and non-western interpretation approaches and includes Neptune, Uranus and Pluto, and non-Ptolemaic aspects. The focus is more on psychological chart interpretation instead of prediction.)

Unread 11-26-2018, 11:42 PM

Earth ruler?

Hello folks!!!

Which sign who the natural ruler of the Earth? Please explain it. Thank you.

Unread 11-28-2018, 01:26 AM

Re: Earth ruler?

There is no such thing as "earth ruler". Earth is an element, represented by Taurus, Virgo and Capricorn. There are only planet rulers. Taurus is the ruler of Venus, Virgo Mercury and Capricorn Saturn.
The Following User Says Thank You to Gemini888 For This Useful Post:
tenacapcious (11-30-2018)
Unread 11-28-2018, 01:40 AM

Cool Re: Earth ruler?

Im just imagine if human civilization starting in mars so how that would be the influence of the earth to human in mars. Thats what i mean.
Unread 11-28-2018, 06:39 AM

Yeah, it's something considered by some people. Earth is assigned as a ruler of Taurus. It's also assigned as ruler of IC. Can't be proven but it sure does make sense to me.
The Following User Says Thank You to yuriv For This Useful Post:
tenacapcious (11-30-2018)
Unread 11-28-2018, 10:28 AM

Oh, so that's what you mean huh? Sorry for jumping the gun.

Now I'm curious about what Earth would represent if it's chosen. Could be something similar to Venus. But don't we already have Venus for that?
Unread 11-28-2018, 11:26 AM

Question Re: Earth ruler?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gemini888 View Post
Oh, so that's what you mean huh? Sorry for jumping the gun.

Now I'm curious about what Earth would represent if it's chosen. Could be something similar to Venus. But don't we already have Venus for that?
Maybe it could virgo because they are a little bit slower then gemini when it comes to communication, learning, basic logic, analyzing, etc but they're little bit good in concentration than gemini. But are we have retrograde motions too in earth?
Unread 11-28-2018, 11:48 AM

Hahha of course not, earth won't be retrograde, at least till we start living on mars or anywhere else. I really think earth might be important in the chart, amean we are on earth right. Is there an explanation for why earth is always opposite the sun ?
Unread 11-28-2018, 02:52 PM

Oh really? Sun always opp the earth, never hear of it.
But I strongly believe virgo should be the ruler of the earth. The evidence is they are more slow pace than gemini, people around the earth have their own routine, you know what mean? The medical/health is the most important in earth. Why shouldn't we give the earth ruled by virgo?
Unread 11-28-2018, 03:40 PM

I like taurus... Same vibe. Grounded. Materialistic. It's hard not to give either because they are earth signs primarily you know.
Unread 12-17-2018, 10:22 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by yuriv View Post
Hahha of course not, earth won't be retrograde, at least till we start living on mars or anywhere else. I really think earth might be important in the chart, amean we are on earth right. Is there an explanation for why earth is always opposite the sun ?
Yuriv, I've done my research on this but maybe on amateur level. I tried to playing around heliocentric and geocentric perspective natal chart in astro.com. Sun is in Aquarius (tropical) with geocentric when I was born and then I tried to look at the heliocentric the Earth is in Leo. So my conclusion: Sun is always in opposite sign with the Earth because the Sun is our center of our solar system as we know that evidence because of our more advanced technologies right now proves it.

I'm not sure yet about the perspective of other planets. But it seems like the planets is always opposite too as the sign is mean to be the position of celestial objects.

Last edited by SunConjunctUranus; 12-17-2018 at 11:28 AM. Reason: Correcting the words
Unread 12-17-2018, 11:08 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SunConjunctUranus View Post
Yuriv, I've done my research on this but maybe on amateur level. I tried to playing around heliocentric and geocentric perspective natal chart in astro.com. Sun is in Aquarius (tropical) with geocentric when I was born and then I tried to look at the heliocentric the Earth is in Leo. So my conclusion: Sun is always in opposite sign with the Earth because the Sun is our center of our solar system as we know that evidence because of our more advanced technologies right now proves it.

I'm not sure yet about the perspective of other planets. But it seems like the sign is always opposite too as the sign is mean to be the position of celestial objects.
I was thinking it was too easy, being that we are not the only planet opposite the sun.
Unread 12-17-2018, 11:21 AM

Quote:
I was thinking it was too easy, being that we are not the only planet opposite the sun.
Of course Yuriv, we are all amateur. Then
what are you mean sun opposite earth? What I understand is the locations based on sign that's why I'm saying this:

Quote:
I'm not sure yet about the perspective of other planets. But it seems like the other planets is always opposite too as the sign is mean to be the position of celestial objects.
Btw your suggestions for taurus as the ruler of the earth is sound good too, let's see what are the new discovery on mars.

Last edited by SunConjunctUranus; 12-17-2018 at 11:28 AM. Reason: Correcting the words
Unread 03-01-2019, 10:20 PM
Senior Member, Moderator

Quote:
Is there an explanation for why earth is always opposite the sun ?
Because astrology is created on earth.

The sun's sign is the backdrop the sun appears against, from the perspective of earth. In The Inner Sky, Steven Forrest compared it to photographing a friend from different parts of the room, while having the friend stay in the same spot. Photograph her from one angle, and it looks like she's next to the bookcase. From another angle, she might appear next to the sofa. Friend isn't moving, photographer is.

Earth is always opposite the sun because whichever sign we're seeing the sun against, people on the sun (if there were any) would see Earth against the backdrop of the opposite sign. Like in the analogy of posing your friend for a photograph: if you move around the room, your friend will see you in different parts of the room. You would still be opposite her, though: you couldn't take her photograph from right next to her. But if, say, you were standing next to the bookcase to take her picture, you would be conjunct the bookcase from her perspective. Move 90 degrees, and you would be square it, but still opposite her. Etcetera.

If astrology were created on another planet in our solar system, that planet would always be opposite the sun. However, the sun would not necessarily be in the same sign as it is on earth. Right now, for instance, if we were on Mars, the sun would be in Scorpio for us, because Mars is currently in Taurus. (Assuming that the sign placements were calculated the same way on Mars, of course.) Earth, meanwhile, would be in Virgo (sun currently being in Pisces from a geocentric perspective). We wouldn't be seeing Earth as opposite the sun in that case, but sextile to it. Which would change as Mars moves in its orbit.
The Following User Says Thank You to Osamenor For This Useful Post:
SunConjunctUranus (03-02-2019)
Unread 03-01-2019, 10:24 PM
Senior Member, Moderator

Quote:
Im just imagine if human civilization starting in mars so how that would be the influence of the earth to human in mars. Thats what i mean.
That would depend on what earth does from a Martian perspective.

From the perspective of earth, Mars is the planet of self will, and aggression, and sex drive, to name a few attributes. On Mars, we would not have Mars as an astrological planet, so maybe those attributes would instead go to Earth. Or maybe they would be divided up among other planets.
Unread 03-02-2019, 06:52 AM

Talking Re: Earth ruler?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Osamenor View Post
That would depend on what earth does from a Martian perspective.

From the perspective of earth, Mars is the planet of self will, and aggression, and sex drive, to name a few attributes. On Mars, we would not have Mars as an astrological planet, so maybe those attributes would instead go to Earth. Or maybe they would be divided up among other planets.
Honestly, I'm surprised that you posted some answers in this "undistinguished" thread, ms Osamenor. Haha!

After learning astrology in just condensed of time, I think Aries and Scorpio must be remove in horoscope if human starting to live on Mars. I don't know yet how long Mars spin on its axis and it should be unbelievably different "hour marker" then us on Earth. Uranus and Neptune's light reflection and/or wind "might" have be sorely then in Earth. It's complicated for sure.

Yes, I like to watch Steve Forest's videos, he is using equal house which unique imo. That was exceptionally well answer to why Sun always opposite with Earth. Thank you!
Unread 03-02-2019, 04:28 PM
Senior Member, Moderator

Quote:
Honestly, I'm surprised that you posted some answers in this "undistinguished" thread, ms Osamenor. Haha!

After learning astrology in just condensed of time, I think Aries and Scorpio must be remove in horoscope if human starting to live on Mars. I don't know yet how long Mars spin on its axis and it should be unbelievably different "hour marker" then us on Earth. Uranus and Neptune's light reflection and/or wind "might" have be sorely then in Earth. It's complicated for sure.
The way the zodiac has been shaped also comes from an earth based perspective. On Mars, if there were astrology, signs might be identified and defined in an entirely different way. It's not just getting rid of the Mars-ruled signs: we would need a whole different astrology. Maybe an entirely different set of signs and rulers.

And that's just one planet. If there were an astrology developed on Venus, or Mercury, or Jupiter, it would be different still.

Quote:
Yes, I like to watch Steve Forest's videos, he is using equal house which unique imo. That was exceptionally well answer to why Sun always opposite with Earth. Thank you!
I didn't realize he did use equal house. I've read a couple of his books and seen some of his lectures online, but not watched much in the video series. Now that I think about it, I don't remember him mentioning a particular house system.
Unread 03-02-2019, 08:55 PM

Quote:
The way the zodiac has been shaped also comes from an earth based perspective. On Mars, if there were astrology, signs might be identified and defined in an entirely different way. It's not just getting rid of the Mars-ruled signs: we would need a whole different astrology. Maybe an entirely different set of signs and rulers.

And that's just one planet. If there were an astrology developed on Venus, or Mercury, or Jupiter, it would be different still.
I see and understood to what you're saying, perhaps the images of constellations isn't human image, animals etc anymore. The image could be "robotic" likes of sign or "rockets" likes of sign. Haha!

It's always been a pleasure to me whenever ms Osamenor [and some others vet] explained some astrological informations and/or advice because it's clear and relatively easy to understand.

Quote:
I didn't realize he did use equal house. I've read a couple of his books and seen some of his lectures online, but not watched much in the video series. Now that I think about it, I don't remember him mentioning a particular house system.
He actually said about it in here ---->>>> https://youtu.be/IohmcTNUbEc

The title of the video might be a whole sign but he said that he is using equal house. It's just 4 minutes long of videos.

And also, he is very respectful toward other form of astrology. He is very good role model for younger generations who are interested with astrology, in my opinion.
The Following User Says Thank You to SunConjunctUranus For This Useful Post:
Osamenor (04-01-2019)
Unread 04-01-2019, 04:39 PM

Earth Ruler?

If nominated, I will not campaign. If elected, I will not serve. I'm against it.
The Following User Says Thank You to Cary2 For This Useful Post:
jac (05-12-2019)
Unread 04-01-2019, 04:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cary2 View Post
Earth Ruler?

If nominated, I will not campaign. If elected, I will not serve. I'm against it.
Thanks..
R
Unread 04-02-2019, 01:17 PM

I always found the Moon to be interchangeable with Earth

So planet Earth would rule Cancer

Remember this planet is very watery and so are humans
Unread 05-11-2019, 04:10 AM

Moon gives emotion, Sun gives conscience.

If Earth gives something it must be way stronger than emotion or conscience, cause though Sun and Moon are big on the Sky, we happen to be on Earth.

Is there something bigger in ourselves than Emotion or Conscience? Perhaps that thing that some call "the prison of Euclydes" - though it might be actually the opposite of that.
Unread 05-11-2019, 06:48 AM

Where is Earth shown in the horoscopic chart? Where? Why, of course...smack dab in the center of the wheel, smack dab in the middle of heaven...pardon me, the universe. In the chart, the Earth is at center, surrounded by everything else in the universe.

The Earth is the Subject of the horoscope, influenced by its surroundings. It "rules" You (or Whoever), but rules nothing in its surroundings; it is receptive, not active.

Moon is surrogate for Earth among the planets.

Note then, that You are at the Center of the Universe...both psychologically (you have no other possible perspective than with yourself at center) and literally (scientifically, as in Big Bang).
Unread 05-11-2019, 07:07 AM

Greybeard,

There is a REAL possibility that human would colonized other planets in the near future. So with that being said, why not to prepare for another astrological reformation.

I think you missed it that Earth is the subject of horoscope, the subject IS the human. Any type of science as far as I know would categorized subject as "organic" nature.

Obviously, your favorite book Almagest or (maybe) Quadripartitum is just a plain joke on how the universe works (excuse me no offence). We're not in the centre. How in the hell the Earth could move the Sun in Ptolemy sense.
Unread 05-11-2019, 04:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by greybeard View Post

The Earth is the Subject of the horoscope, influenced by its surroundings. It "rules" You (or Whoever), .
The Self, the Nafs, the Atman, is by tradition considered to be the Sun.
Unread 05-11-2019, 08:38 PM

The atman is immaterial. Earth is substantial. In the circular western chart, earth appears at the crux (meridian x horizon), symbolic of manifestation.

We are talking about two different things.

Tags
earth, ruler