Astrologers' Community  

Go Back   Astrologers' Community > General Astrology > Other Astrology

Other Astrology Here, you can discuss anything else astrological that doesn't belong in the other boards. Includes medical astrology, mundane astrology, parts, sports astrology, research and development, degree symbols, fixed stars, asteroids, symbols systems, karma, and Aquarian astrology.

Unread 09-22-2018, 11:24 AM

Smile Re: How Aquarians relate to other zodiac signs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lykanized View Post
Was there any philosophy involved too?

Granted, as a writer, gravity is a potent symbol
They told us not to seek out the philosophy. It would find us when we were ready for it. Also, it's not how far along you are that matters, it's the journey itself. And, it's all about the flow of energy, "Ki". The Chinese call it "Chi". Sounds trite until you experience it yourself.

The Following User Says Thank You to david starling For This Useful Post:
Lykanized (09-22-2018)
Unread 09-22-2018, 11:37 AM

Re: How Aquarians relate to other zodiac signs

Quote:
Originally Posted by david starling View Post
They told us not to seek out the philosophy. It would find us when we were ready for it. Also, it's not how far along you are that matters, it's the journey itself. And, it's all about the flow of energy, "Ki". The Chinese call it "Chi". Sounds trite until you experience it yourself.
Nah, doesn't sound trite. Aikido may be something for me to look into... Given that I'm not very patient, I'm very unforgiving with myself, and I have trouble just going with the energy of life, maybe it really is something for me to seriously consider
Thank you david starling. I think I might be in love with you
david starling (09-22-2018)
Unread 09-22-2018, 03:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by waybread View Post
Obviously a sun-sign is important, but really, if you want to know how compatible you are with someone, you have to do the synastry, which is a lot more complex.

My sun, Mercury, and Venus are in Aquarius, with my sun trine my Uranus-MC conjunction. One thing I've heard from most Aquarians is that we do need our space. This might get modified somewhat with a Cancer moon and/or a bunch of watery planets; but by-and-large we don't do well with emotional suffocation or drama queen (or king) people. Aquarius is an air sign, so our approach to life is more mental.

I don't post my precise birth data out of privacy concerns. Even if you post an anonymized chart, it's fairly simple to locate your birth date and time. A really clever astrologer can also get your birth location off your MC. I occasionally post what I call my "close enough" chart.
My partner is an independent and freedom-loving Aquarius. I was able to pick up on this within the first month of getting to know him and I gave him space and did not act overly-dependent or "clingy" because I knew that would push him further away from me.

He confirmed my believe when he said to me it was never a chore to go out to meet me and be with me and it never felt forced. I think giving him his freedom and space helped our rapport.

Libra sun!
Unread 09-22-2018, 03:32 PM

I still find it curious one of the Aquarius's I was involved with would basically act cold if showed him attention, but then when I ignored him as I assumed that was what he wanted, he actually became clingy himself. Aquarians are some odd creatures
Unread 09-22-2018, 04:33 PM

Quote:
The other thing I notice about Aquarians is that they're a lot more sensitive than they let on. On the surface, they seem aloof, but internally, they're squishy as hell. Since Cancers are very perceptive and intuitive, it strains a relationship when we can see such truths and will act accordingly to them, but the Aquarian is in denial
Cancers are very much the opposite where we seem more sensitive than we actually are. Since we deal with the emotional tides of the moon and ocean daily, we're very strong emotional creatures
I can definitely vouch for this. I'm Libra. My best friend and former partner was a true-blue Cancer. He was very emotional and sensitive and he would never hide this. He wouldn't shy away from expressing his most tender feelings with me of what he'd seen throughout the day, like a mother nursing her child, always his thoughts and feelings were sweet like honey. His emotional world was so fertile but it's also because I welcomed it and he felt safe and he trusted enough to be himself.

Aquarius can be emotional, but I think it's a different kind of sensitivity. Cancer is the kind of emotion a mother shows to a child, it's empathetic and nurturing. I think Aquarius has a love for ideals and humanity. The whole emotional aspect of life is almost martian to an air sign, especially Aquarius. They're aware they have strong feelings, but we as air signs intellectualize our emotions more than really feel them...which can be messy! I think this is where you run into problems with air signs. We can be wishy washy.
Lykanized (10-25-2018)
Unread 09-27-2018, 03:49 PM

Aquarians cannot relate to anyone with an Aries/Virgo and Leo/Pisces (either sun or moon) combination. Aries/Virgo people are best in communication and public service careers, while Leo/Pisces people are great in acting and sports. This isn't bad if I end up with a girlfriend or wife who's a nurse, police officer or school teacher; or an actress, singer and writer, except personalities may clash. The best match for me is a Libra/Pisces (air sign with winter group sign), and the worst match to avoid is Aries/Scorpio (both ruled by hot and angry Mars).
Unread 09-28-2018, 04:45 AM

You really need to look at the degrees. Consider that within two signs of the same element, in synastry you might get a happy trine of 120 degrees or a stressful sesqui-quadrate of 145 degrees.
My friends, love is better than anger. Hope is better than fear. Optimism is better than despair. So let us be loving, hopeful and optimistic. And we’ll change the world. Jack Layton, "Letter to Canadians"

I thought we went along paths--but it seems there are no paths. The going itself is the path.
C.S. Lewis, Perelandra.

Life is not about finding yourself. Life is about creating yourself. Message on a refrigerator magnet.
Unread 09-29-2018, 06:28 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CapAquaPis View Post
Aquarians cannot relate to anyone with an Aries/Virgo and Leo/Pisces (either sun or moon) combination. Aries/Virgo people are best in communication and public service careers, while Leo/Pisces people are great in acting and sports. This isn't bad if I end up with a girlfriend or wife who's a nurse, police officer or school teacher; or an actress, singer and writer, except personalities may clash. The best match for me is a Libra/Pisces (air sign with winter group sign), and the worst match to avoid is Aries/Scorpio (both ruled by hot and angry Mars).
Just to mention, I see the Asc as exalted in .
And, the Moon exalted in .

Last edited by david starling; 09-29-2018 at 06:31 AM.
Unread 10-25-2018, 09:11 PM

Post Re: How Aquarians relate to other zodiac signs

Back to about generations under a certain sign (not just the placement of the ruler planet Uranus), every 9 years (almost a decade) a generation is under a certain sign. The generation born between 1946-55 is Aquarian by nature while their opposites would be the one born from 2000-09 under the sign Leo.

1946-55 Aquarius, 1955-64 Pisces, 1964-73 Aries, 1973-82 Taurus (I was born in 1980), 1982-91 Gemini, 1991-2000 Cancer, 2000-09 Leo and 2009-18 (who are currently young children) are Virgo, while 2018-27 (the next generation to come) will be under Libra.

Earlier generations: 1937-46 Capricorn, 1928-37 Sagittarius, 1919-28 scorpio, 1910-19 first Libra and 1901-10 are last Virgo (they are generally gone, while the latter one is mostly dead). Seems to be the peak of the generational cycle are Aquarius, while the lowest point would be Leo (oddly, the sign ruled by the Sun).
Unread 10-25-2018, 09:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by hesperides View Post
I can definitely vouch for this. I'm Libra. My best friend and former partner was a true-blue Cancer. He was very emotional and sensitive and he would never hide this. He wouldn't shy away from expressing his most tender feelings with me of what he'd seen throughout the day, like a mother nursing her child, always his thoughts and feelings were sweet like honey. His emotional world was so fertile but it's also because I welcomed it and he felt safe and he trusted enough to be himself.

Aquarius can be emotional, but I think it's a different kind of sensitivity. Cancer is the kind of emotion a mother shows to a child, it's empathetic and nurturing. I think Aquarius has a love for ideals and humanity. The whole emotional aspect of life is almost martian to an air sign, especially Aquarius. They're aware they have strong feelings, but we as air signs intellectualize our emotions more than really feel them...which can be messy! I think this is where you run into problems with air signs. We can be wishy washy.
With my sun and mercury in the 11th, I can relate too to the Aquarian love of ideals and humanity. Sometimes it feels odd because I'll bounce between intellectualization and the need to surrender myself and let myself feel my emotions to their fullest

I know that's a bit away from the conversation...

There was another Aquarius I knew and we really hit it off. We had a mutual interest in each others' minds, he saw mine as something beautiful and I was fascinated by his. He was also a Cancer moon, tho. The odd thing was that he was a lot more needy(not in a bad way, I found it refreshing he was so open even if it could get overwhelming) than I was and that's coming from a woman in her 20s to a man in his 30s
Unread 10-27-2018, 11:41 PM

Aquarius rules Cancer's "sex house" (the 8th which is under Scorpio), but for me as an Aquarian, Virgo rules it. The two signs are considered the least or not so compatible with Aquarians, except my rising sign is Cancer and in draconic astrology, Virgo is my soul sign. Do I relate kinda well, but the most with any Cancer or Virgo women?

Last edited by CapAquaPis; 10-21-2019 at 09:22 PM.
Unread 11-13-2018, 12:55 AM

Of all the signs of the zodiac, Aquarians (and then Capricorns) are the least likely people to ever develop relationships, get married or have children. Sun/ Moon Aquarius like I am is #2 in between sun Aqua sun/ moon Cap (#3) and sun Cap/moon Aqua (#1). And sun Cap/moon Cap are similar to double Aquas.
Unread 11-13-2018, 01:15 AM

Huge difference between Sun/Moon Aqua and Sun/Moon Cap though.
Unread 02-25-2019, 08:25 PM

Question Re: How Aquarians relate to other zodiac signs

My due date originally was Feb. 28th in 1980 (10' Pisces - solar degree on that date) - it can also fall on Feb. 29 leap year - the extra day in the shortest month of the year every 4 years since 1904 - 1900 and 2100 are not leap years, but 2000 is. I have some Piscean characteristics, as well sidereal Capricornian (the sun cusp Feb 14-15). My screen name I have here shows I'm a serious Capricorn and supernatural Pisces, then I realize Aquarius is about science (Saturnian like Capricorn) and spirituality (Northern hemisphere winter like Pisces).
Unread 04-08-2019, 09:19 PM

Unhappy Re: How Aquarians relate to other zodiac signs

In astrological books and sites, romantic compatibility of Aquarius with scorpio: Scorpios like Aquarians, but not the other way around - we fear the scorpions, a type of relationship which can turn into a stalking situation. It is similar with Leo, our opposites come to us in what to do with a Scorpio who doesn't leave them alone.
Unread 04-12-2019, 06:29 AM

In those same books and sites, the contradictory one on which sign is most compatible with Aquarius: Pisces (they omit Aquarius and said Capricorns are best for Pisces). Aquarius-Pisces matches are more platonic and symbiotic, not exactly fit for marriage. I don't personally believe Capricorns pair best with Pisces, but who knows.
Unread 04-12-2019, 06:43 AM

Quote:
In those same books and sites, the contradictory one on which sign is most compatible with Aquarius: Pisces (they omit Aquarius and said Capricorns are best for Pisces). Aquarius-Pisces matches are more platonic and symbiotic, not exactly fit for marriage. I don't personally believe Capricorns pair best with Pisces, but who knows.
My wife and I are a tight Aquarius/Pisces matchup. Her having a Scorp Asc took care of the "platonic" designation.
Unread 04-13-2019, 03:14 AM

Question Re: How Aquarians relate to other zodiac signs

The difference between having an Aquarius sun and moon. In my case, I have both...but which is the dominant feature? Am I a solarian or lunarian Aquarius? I suppose the sun is dominant, then again, I have more moon qualities.

http://www.southfloridaastrologer.co...sun--moon.html
Unread 04-20-2019, 05:04 AM

Quote:
And about elements... It's just very superficial to associate water signs with being cuddly and whatever. That was my point. When I mentioned how the Aquarian was needy and cuddly, you mentioned water. That's superficial. He also wasn't a very watery guy so you were also wrong. Water isn't about being needy and cuddly. It's a lot deeper than that and a water sign may come off just as aloof as you imagine Aquarians coming off(which I also rarely find to be the case)

Water runs much deeper than that. Like I notice with many Aquarian artists they may be original, but their work lacks depth or soul or unless there's water, or spark or spirit unless there's fire. But generally, it's just lacking in depth
I just happened upon this thread Lykanized, and it's regrettable you had such ugly experiences with Aquarians that you are soured on an entire sun-sign.

Though Waybread made several concessions to reach a happy medium with you, you preserve quite a bias.

I am an Aquarian artist whose primary motivation in several mediums is to illustrate DEPTH, so if you can objectify- perhaps you can imagine how your allegations "To me, Aquarians just come off as wishy washy, nonsensical, and not knowing what they want" "Water runs much deeper than that. Like I notice with many Aquarian artists they may be original, but their work lacks depth or soul or unless there's water, or spark or spirit unless there's fire. But generally, it's just lacking in depth" read, even to a casual observer. It sounds like you've been deeply hurt, and thus, react with contempt.

Having made my living in the arts, one of the constants in critiques of my work, is DEPTH.

You'd probably be shocked to learn I've been blissfully bonded with a Scorpio for THIRTY YEARS. I know of several other long-term Aq-Sc couples.

In short, I consider sun-sign astrology to be light entertainment, but no real measure of the many facets that comprise even a simple human being. Waybread is dead-on in her appraisal.

I sincerely hope whatever damage you've sustained, adequately heals enough that you might one day, experience the 12th of humanity you've dropped your own little personal moratorium on. Meanwhile, I imagine we'll just have to soldier on without you.
Unread 05-04-2019, 02:06 AM

According to my Mom, she went into labor 7 hours before my birth (2:20pm on Feb. 15, 1980 - Cancer rising) - the rising sign 7am was Aquarius, which is my sun and moon sign. However, her friends who are into astrology said my 8th house sun should make me similar to Scorpios (not sure about my personality). And in sidereal astrology, I would be compatible with late Feb-early Mar pisces people who happens to fall under Aquarius, but in sidereal I'm still Aquarius.
Unread 05-04-2019, 05:20 AM

Quote:
According to my Mom, she went into labor 7 hours before my birth (2:20pm on Feb. 15, 1980 - Cancer rising) - the rising sign 7am was Aquarius, which is my sun and moon sign. However, her friends who are into astrology said my 8th house sun should make me similar to Scorpios (not sure about my personality). And in sidereal astrology, I would be compatible with late Feb-early Mar pisces people who happens to fall under Aquarius, but in sidereal I'm still Aquarius.
Interesting! I've concluded that both tropical and sidereal apply, except that they're on different frequencies, so it comes down to which frequency one is most compatible with. In my own case, it's tropical, but I can see where sidereal is like an "alternative personality". Like you, my Sun-sign remains the same--late tropical Pisces moves to early sidereal Pisces; but, my Asc, Mercury and Mars in tropical Pisces move to Aquarius, just as my Moon and Venus in Aquarius move to Capricorn. Here's something to consider--I was told by a Vedic astrologer that the Moon doesn't necessarily follow the same pattern as the others by Vedic reckoning. So, in Vedic, my Moon-sign stays in Aquarius, whereas in Western sidereal, it moves along with Merc into Capricorn. Makes more sense to me.
Unread 05-10-2019, 03:00 AM

Post Re: How Aquarians relate to other zodiac signs

In my life, I know 2 Aquarians before on full moons surrounding Feb., since no full moon fell on Feb. 1980 (depending on time zone). My first online friend was born Jan 31st, then I was born on Feb 15th (new moon-also on the 16th) and my prom date who is a family friend on Mar 1st. The first full moon was in the tropical Aquarius season, the other is in the sidereal Aquarius season. And in 1980, Feb. had 29 days, so the full moon could fall on a leap year day (every 76 years), February has no full moons every 19 years before and since 1980.

Looking closely, my first online friend's full moon was tropical 20' Leo - sabian symbol: American Indians (it named specifically in Arizona) performing a ritual to the sun, and my prom date's was sidereal 4' Virgo - sabian symbol for (how this can be interpreted) black and white, male and female, different religious, and disabled and able-bodied children playing together peacefully without animosity nor concerns over differences.

It turns out my first online friend has Lummi/Salish ancestry and she grew up in AZ (Phoenix area?) not far from their local Native American tribes (i.e. the Apache, Chemehuevi, Hopi, Navajo, Papago, Pima, Ute, Yaqui, Yuma and Zuni), now she lives in WA state where her mother's tribe is based. And my prom date is simply a good friend, she has a brother with profound autism, which is how our parents met in a local autism society chapter co-founded by my Mom in the 1980s after my own diagnosis with mild or high-functioning autism.

Last edited by CapAquaPis; 05-10-2019 at 09:15 PM.
Unread 05-10-2019, 05:21 AM

Aquarians would be better understood by other Signs if people realized that its Domicile-ruler is female, not male. The astronomers came close in the naming, but it was time for another goddess to join Venus as a primary Sign-ruler: URANIA, goddess of the Heavens and Muse of astrology.
She's granddaughter of the former god of the Heavens, Ouranos, through her mother Mnemosyne (goddess of Memory), and her father, Zeus/Jupiter, grandson of Ouranos. Ouranos, representing the Heavens, was husband of Gaia, personifying the Earth, until he was brutally deposed by their son Cronos/Saturn.

3 standard Domicle-rulers are children of Cronos/Saturn/:

•Pluto/, Neptune/, and Jupiter/

With Urania, Muse of astrology (instead of her unfortunate grandfather Ouranos, the deposed victim of patricide),

3 standard Domicle-rulers are children of Zeus/Jupiter:

•Mercury/, Mars/, and Urania/.

Last edited by david starling; 05-10-2019 at 09:10 PM.
Unread 05-10-2019, 08:56 PM

Although Ouranos/Caelus was eliminated from the Greco-Roman pantheon of active deities by Cronos/Saturn, his legacy lives on. 3 of the major astrological indicators were children of Ouranos/Caelus, former deity (before he was eliminated by Cronos/Saturn) personifying the Heavens, and Gaea/Gaia personifying the Earth:

•Cronos/Saturn-, Helios/Sol(The Sun)-, and Selene/Luna(The Moon)-.

•Aphrodite/Venus- is a strange case, since she was the result of the castration of Ouranos/Caelus by Cronos/Saturn. His severed genitals fell into the sea, and impregnated Amphitrite/Salacia, wife of Poseidon/Neptune. That makes Ouranos/Caelus her biological father as "sperm-donor", but Poseidon/Neptune was her emotional father.

Last edited by david starling; 05-10-2019 at 09:04 PM.
Unread 05-24-2019, 06:26 PM

The games Aquarius Sun seems to play are pretty well illustrated in Spielbergs Lincoln - it is from a position of experience about knowledge, knowing that people will decide to know when theyre ready, not when you want them to. That is how they are, and how they know others are, even if the others don't know it as keenly.

As the last Fixed sign, Aquarius is the last judge of how things will be settled, a very patient sign at heart, but only where things of true concern are at stake. Wherever there is no real consequence, Aquarians can get very confused indeed.

Tags
aquarians, relate, signs, zodiac