Law of Attraction? Is it real? Vision Boards, focused energy, repeating mantras...

Lykanized

From a logical standpoint, we can look at it this way: If you assume the worst, you will subconsciously or more consciously work to make the worst occur. If you assume the best, you will subconsciously or more consciously work to make the best occur. It's very delicate. I observe it a lot in myself and in others. Attitude makes a HUGE difference on a micro level. If you go about your day with confidence and light that rivals the sun, you will attract good things to yourself and there's very logical reasoning for that. Well, I guess that's relative. I think we can all agree 'energy' is real. We all feel it but may have different names for it. It can be as simple as if you're projecting this beautiful, positive energy and perhaps you're having a job interview or something, you're gonna be more likely to get it. That's both because on a micro level our actions will be working you toward that goal, and it's because of your energy you're projecting

On more of an esoteric level, I do believe we all have power to create what we desire in our lives. It's not like it's magic or something, but I just believe we all have that power to create what we need or want in our lives. Vision boards, focused energy, mantras...yeah, no doubt those things help a lot. They help penetrate you down to the subconscious level which is important because you can know something logically or otherwise but not believe it and if you don't believe it, it'll stunt your actions and your energy. Sometimes it takes time...faking it until you believe it. Faking it by just going about your life pretending you believe something good, something you want is gonna happen, and as you get closer to it, the more you'll believe

When it comes to negative **** which is unavoidable, what you do is find the positives in it. Alchemy is what a lot of people are calling it now, but I don't know if I really like that term. However, it does fit. Take that **** and turn it into gold. Make it yours. Own it

On a spectrum, we have positive on one end and negative on the other, yet they're both part of the same extrapolated object. They're interconnected and always will be. That's why I don't really believe in avoiding the darkness, the negativity. We need it
So negativity isn't bad. Don't turn your face. Look it in the eyes, know it, study it, observe from every angle. It has no power over you. It has power, but it's power you can make yours

Lykanized

I also agree that optimism can be dumb, but it depends on how you're approaching it and where that optimism comes from. If you simply avoid the darkness, then optimism is dumb. If you look at all that darkness, the abject horror, the death, the loss, the suffering, the blood and guts and learn how to turn it into something good, then that optimism isn't dumb at all

The greatest advice I could give to anyone is to know your darkness and own it
That goes for fears too. Understand them, go deep then go deeper. It's not necessarily a bad thing to even dwell on our fears sometimes if it's for the sake of understanding them

I have this theory about some types of depression just being times in which we need to separate ourselves from life and reality and think, do that diving into the greatest depths of ourselves

Last edited:

JUPITERASC

45299630_1206456319513213_579661800019066880_n.jpg

Amit89

Yes it's real.

Everything is energy, thoughts attract things.

You attract by the way you feel and it you want things to manifest quicker just stop thinking about it.

You have to change your beliefs and also subconscious.

Negativity really does attract negativity.

virgo18

Because everyone on here is an astrology person, I was wondering if you guys believe in the Law of Attraction. I’ve read the Secret before, but I never really bought into it.

But I was reminded of it watching a YouTube video today, and it was inspiring. If you’re gonna dwell on something, and that you could possibly send a message out into the Universe, you may as well send out something you hope to have.

I remember that I made a Vision Board a while ago, and I actually achieved some of the stuff on it without even realizing it. They weren’t the big things, but pretty awesome that I got them in such a short period of time.

The idea that someone can attract something by just thinking about it, or having it deep in the subconscious can eventually attract it is so weird.

Law of attraction is always working, and as you said it is a subconscious issue, THATS WHY WE ATTRACT WHAT WE DONT WANT most of the time, despite of the vision boards and "acting as if". LOA has been misunderstood because there are a lot of con-artists who only want money from people's insecurities and naiveness, so there is a lot if misinformation about LOA on the internet and bookstores. Beware of this!!

Frankly, vision boards and repeating mantras don't work by their own. They have very little or none power to attract something.

If you want to make a better reality you need to do shadow work, introspection, and reach "real spirituality". So then you will get rid of wanting to attract banalities, and instead you will prefer to attract experiences and relationships which are more deeper and meaningful psychologically, so that true peace in your mind translates to outer events, that really makes you happy. :innocent:

Banalities are the cars, more money, trophy partners, mansions, etc. You can reach them but not in a spiritual way haha. You need to work for them in the real world, making true effort, I mean, working harder and being more cunning. Vision boards, quotes, etc, can help on this as an inspiration. But there's no magic on this, there's no Universe helping you on getting banal desires.

Anyways, if your desires are shallow or they are truly spiritual, I recommend you to make shadow work. If you don't do it, there's a high chance on not getting what you want. So I say there is no mantra, quotes, or vision boards that will help you get what you want, if you don't get in touch with your deepest fears and try to banish them on understanding them and why they developed. If you don't do shadow work you will keep attracting what you fear the most and realize you are trapped on a negative spiral of your own ego. :sick:

So that's why I quit believing on the power of rituals if you don't work on your spirit before you do them. Rituals, vision boards, candles etc are just physical symbols, like the cherry on the top of the cake. And the cake is what we accept and recognize from our subconscious.

This is my 2 cents about LOA. I've tried everything until I did shadow work, everything started to get better, slowly but surely.

More info: Pay attention to your dreams, they tell you a lot on what's going on on your subconscious. Also pay attention to your emotional reactions. With these two, you can get a clue on what you need to work on your mind bog.

"The Secret" is a scam!!! Just marketing.

Last edited: